Sign in to follow this  
Quik

Helsinki Titans Press Conference

1. With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

I really want a piece of Riga. I think if we can put a proper smack down on them our first meeting it would be a real statement to the league that we mean business this year.

1. The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

Always got to rep my USA boys. But tbh Asia always looks good

1. Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Don't necessarily make bets on international tournaments but i always love a good bet. Nothing like seeing a grown man run naked in the freezing cold and having to jump in the frozen lake

1. Do you have any opening night superstitions?

I'm not a very superstitious person tbh but i always like being the last one on the ice in the pregame warm ups

1. This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

I don't know if the newbies have been told about my doings but they should make certain to think over every action they make ;) 

1. With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

I think somewhere in texas would be cool. They could show Calgary who the real Wranglers are

With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

Calgary Wranglers. Can't wait to have my chance to put a puck past The Great Wahl of Canada.

Additionally Davos because we are bound to light them up and pad our stats handsomely.

The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

Despite losing to Sweden last night I think Finland.

Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Can't say I have.

Do you have any opening night superstitions?

Apply some fresh tape on the stick. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

Joey Boucher's contract was written up without any capital letters throughout the entirety of the document.

With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

3 Canadian teams to 2 USA teams. I could get behind a Minnesota franchise being added. It is after-all the most hockey crazed state in the USA.

1. With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

No particular teams stand out right now. I want to beat all of them equally as badly. 

The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

What are the World Junior Hockey Championships? Do they even play ice soccer outside of Canadia?

Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Being mormon, I don't drink or gamble. It's OK to have a shitload of wives though, so I don't mind.

Do you have any opening night superstitions?

I always kiss my 9 wives before I hit the ice and arrange the order of copulation for when I get back home. It's just easier and avoids conflict. Hockey wise, not really, I just play how I'm supposed to play. Silly trinkets and things won't help me. 

This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

Not from me. The rookies should already know that they are a part of the team. Hazing them is childish to me. I'd rather help them with training etc.

With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

I'm not in a position to make such important decisions. That is why the Board of Governors gets paid the big bucks. I've liked the idea of a Russian team previously, so 

иди командой

:hel::hel::hel:Helsinki Titans Press Conference:hel::hel::hel:

Week Ending: January 6th, 2019

1. What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

2. Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

3. Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

4. We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

5. To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

6. What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ

16 minutes ago, Quik said:

Week Ending: January 6th, 2019

1. What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

2. Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

3. Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

4. We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

5. To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

6. What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

1. i was actually studying for an exam at that time but I was also in the company of a couple friends who are in the same major.

2. i think my favourite has to be all of them? is that an option because i think they all add an element to our roster and improve us. it might be cliche but its something i actually believe helps us in every area.

3. it would probably be vaydar odinsson because of his Scandinavian blood and i hear that those guys can drink. no offence to my buddy sidney but he is a lightweight.

4. i think it will be pepper because a lot of people think other goalies are further ahead but pepper is a diamond in the rough and he should outperform most.

5. it is defiantly a first having to play one team a lot in the early stages but hopefully those games aren't a foreshadowing display on how our season will go.

6. I actually really like the saskatoon logo. i think it looks very sharp and the animal is pretty badass looking in it as well

What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

I was asleep. I've seen enough fireworks to last me a lifetime, so I didn't give a shit this time around.

Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

How can I be expected to answer this question honestly? I'd prefer us to focus on the team as a whole, and just say that we are in a good space right now with regards to the roster.

Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

Sidney Crosby, easily. Odinsson drinks hard liquor, while Crosby only consumes weak, girly drinks like wine coolers or shit with an umbrella for decoration.

We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

It will probably be the continued rise of Alexander Pepper. He's going from strength to strength and shows no sign of slowing down. A very impressive young net minder.

To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

I mean, can we please play someone else for fucks sake? It hasn't changed my mind, but I'm sick of flying to that shitty Latvia to play hockey.

What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

I genuinely like the Helsinki logo, but credit where credit's due, Boubabi's Stockholm logo was pretty cool.

• What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

I was in some dark bar drinking to another year in the books. not a huge fan of the balls drop or fireworks. once you seen 1 firework you have basically seen them all and the only ball drop i ever needed was when i was 12 and became a man

• Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

Mats johnson. hands down. hes a guy whose been around for a while and plays the game the way i want to

• Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

"Sidney Crosby, easily. Odinsson drinks hard liquor, while Crosby only consumes weak, girly drinks like wine coolers or shit with an umbrella for decoration."

Hey you cant knock the girly drinks too hard until you have tried them. there aint no shame in having an umbrella in your drink

• We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

My main man in net pepper. I know things have been rough so far but we are gonna turn it around

• To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

Fuck Riga thats how i feel. We will see them in the playoffs

• What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

I have to say the rush logo is clean and simple

What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

Having a nice night in with my gf.

Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

Mats Johnson brings an immediate boost to our roster's experience and leadership.

Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

Odinsson wins in the long run. Crosby puts up a decent fight but falters after the first 5 drinks. Crosby apparently likes anything girly or with an umbrella present. Odinsson hits the hard stuff and can handle higher % alcoholic drinks.

We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

Been a slow depressing start. Nobody is performing particularly well with their current line-mates. Hoping everyone can pick up the pace.

To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

We actually didn't do too poorly. But we have also had some rough games against teams we should be handling easily. The season is young and I believe we will turn it around.

What is your favorite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

Saskatoon Wild. Looks like what a minor team logo should be. Really nice work by whoever made it. The worst ones are Halifax followed by Vegas.

Edited by Jubo07

Week Ending: January 13th, 2019

1. With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

2. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

3. If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

4. How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

5. If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

6. What is your go-to pre-game meal?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ

1. With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?
    Just keeping at it, working hard and putting my effort in before, during, and after games. I'm not terribly superstitious, so I don't think that throwing salt over my shoulders while I'm spinning in a circle is going to help anything. All I can do is continue to put in my best efforts, and hopefully things will turn in our favor.

2. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?
    I missed this news, so I'm not sure which game this is talking about, but a loss is a loss. The start has been crap, and scoring differential is only one part of the problem. As long as the losses are in regulation, they all count the same.

Is that rule where backup goalies have to play a minimum number of games still in place? Do we really still need that rule anymore?

I don't. I'd rather be playing hockey.

I would tweak the offsides rule to make it harder for incidental offsides to occur. Maybe add a buffer zone around the blue line, or require more of the skater's body to be over the line than just a skate for offsides to occur.

Spinach salad with chicken and an oil-and-vinegar dressing. Maybe a cookie on the side. If I'm not about to play, I'll have a cup of coffee when I'm done with it.

Edited by Hybrid1486

5 hours ago, Quik said:

Week Ending: January 13th, 2019

1. yeah I like to play a board game with the rest of my teammates just to build a bit of laughter and shake things up slightly.

2. I think we'll find out groove but a loss is a loss so we need to focus and just do the basics right now.

3. to have Helsinki win every year? no but seriously I don't even know if any rule changes could happen. its a well established league it looks like

4. I like to  go fishing a lot but I also like to watch local youth teams play wherever I am. you can learn a lot about having fun from the youngsters growing up through the game.

5. I would make roughing penalties 4 minutes long. it would really teach guys to not want to put their team at a disadvantage for ¼ of the period.

6. I'm big on those non-gmo hippy dippy smoothies that they talk about in those commercials with William Nylander haha

With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

I don't think there's anything that I can do as an individual, that will assist in the reversal of the teams current form. Unless I volunteer to ride the pine to see if my removal see's any benefit.

With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

No. I expected better this season and for whatever reason it just hasn't clicked. I don't care if we lose 3-2 or 27-1....a loss is still a loss.

If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

I've never come up with a suggestion to improve the VHL. I'm not about to start now.

How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

Doing anything else besides play hockey. Gaming, sightseeing, dining. All the usual stuff.

If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Make it a no-helmet sport. Let's see who the tough guys are then.

What is your go-to pre-game meal?

Poutine and a Gatorade. Yes, incredibly terrible combo.

I think its more of trying to get the team in the same headspace. We made a bunch of moves this offseason and i don't think the team has meshed yet and the lines need to work themselves out. Other than that there isn't much i think i could do personally that would break this slump.

1. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

A loss is a loss. I think that is a mindset that the locker room shares and we need to be getting more wins and less losses.

1. If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

Idk. it being my first player in the league i haven't seen much that i think is blatantly wrong. 

1. How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

mostly drinking and playing video games, sometime together sometime separately. 

1. If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Fighting should be encouraged to happen more often. nothing like watching two slabs of meat beat the shit out of each other.

1. What is your go-to pre-game meal? 

a fat steak, mashed potatoes, and a beer. Gotta carb up

With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

Not at all, not superstitious so the old cliche of hard work.   Then again maybe have the whole team where an evil eye under their gear to kill the evil spirits.

With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

No its just one game.  We will recover and improve as the team gels with so many new faces.

If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

I dont really know.  Don't know the league enough to recommend one

How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

Watching TV shows

If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Get rid of the stupid hand passes in the defensive zone or allow hand passes everywhere.   Why give the D an advantage.

What is your go-to pre-game meal? 

I will go the opposite of Wilson and go with the old guys in that Nylander commercial

Week Ending: January 20th, 2019

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

2. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

3. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

4. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

5. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

6. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

my expectations are for myself to get it in gear. my pim are way too high and my hits/sb are disappointingly low

1. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

i think the biggest surprise is calgarys struggle. we blanked them the other night and they don't look like a unit. don't know whats going on there

1. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

fuck the pats. if you are a pats fan we cant be best friends, only friends. but i think the rams are gonna win it all. I was all in on the saints train but if the lousy eagles can hold the freight train of an offense that the saints have idk if they can hang

1. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

I admire Lebron James because of his work ethic in the game and how he gives back to the community. 

1. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

Probably something with numbers. i was always good in math

1. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life? 

My earliest memory is scoring on the wrong net and thinking i was the shit

4 hours ago, Quik said:

2. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

3. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

4. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

5. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

6. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

1. I just hope our team can get out of this mess that we put ourselves in. We put ourselves in a hole and we need to find a way to get out of it as early as possible.

2. Johnny Carison's save percentage of .940 is a huge surprise. That's quite the stat to hold onto and he is doing very well as their backup.

3. I hope the Chiefs or the Saints make it in. I'm not a fan of the Patriots and I think the Rams have some players on their roster who are a bit too egotistical for my liking.

4. Yes I admire Roger Federer because of how successful he has been as a tennis star. The guy has won at every stage and is a legend

5. I would probably be a carpenter like my grandfather was. It seemed like he always had fun and admired all his work

6. When I was 5 years old I got my first pair of skates (cliche alert) but it was the best present I had received and it ended up making me a bit of money in the end

We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

Get to a positive +/- even though its a pretty useless stat.   Also want to get 40 points.

What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

The fact that Kallis Kriketers leads the league in shutouts but is 10th in save percentage.   He must be either unbeatable in some games and couldn't stop a beach ball in others.

With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

I would like to see a chiefs and saints Superbowl but if my wife is around when you ask me I want New England in to win the Superbowl.

Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

Lebron James, hes dominant on the court carrying his team to finals appearances single handedly plus he does a lot of charitable work.

If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

A Financial Adviser or Accountant, something to do with numbers as I hate words.

What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

Falling on my ass many times while trying to get the puck.

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

Debbie Downer here. I have zero expectations for the remaining 2/3...as in nothing, zilch, nada. If I get 10 more points this season, I'll be surprised. 

1. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to anything but the Helsinki box scores. I'm a glutton for punishment. 

1. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

I'd like to see the Rams there. I like their Defense and Todd Gurley. 

1. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

I doubt many have heard of him, but I respect a guy called Rich Froning. He won the crossfit games 4 years in a row and helped me to get motivated to work out. 

1. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

The guy who applies tanning lotion to chicks on the beach. 

1. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

Being knocked unconscious by my older brother... good times. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this