Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

16 minutes ago, Quik said:

:hel::hel::hel:Helsinki Titans Press Conference:hel::hel::hel:

Week Ending: January 6th, 2019

1. What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

2. Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

3. Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

4. We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

5. To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

6. What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

1. i was actually studying for an exam at that time but I was also in the company of a couple friends who are in the same major.

2. i think my favourite has to be all of them? is that an option because i think they all add an element to our roster and improve us. it might be cliche but its something i actually believe helps us in every area.

3. it would probably be vaydar odinsson because of his Scandinavian blood and i hear that those guys can drink. no offence to my buddy sidney but he is a lightweight.

4. i think it will be pepper because a lot of people think other goalies are further ahead but pepper is a diamond in the rough and he should outperform most.

5. it is defiantly a first having to play one team a lot in the early stages but hopefully those games aren't a foreshadowing display on how our season will go.

6. I actually really like the saskatoon logo. i think it looks very sharp and the animal is pretty badass looking in it as well

What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

I was asleep. I've seen enough fireworks to last me a lifetime, so I didn't give a shit this time around.

Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

How can I be expected to answer this question honestly? I'd prefer us to focus on the team as a whole, and just say that we are in a good space right now with regards to the roster.

Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

Sidney Crosby, easily. Odinsson drinks hard liquor, while Crosby only consumes weak, girly drinks like wine coolers or shit with an umbrella for decoration.

We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

It will probably be the continued rise of Alexander Pepper. He's going from strength to strength and shows no sign of slowing down. A very impressive young net minder.

To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

I mean, can we please play someone else for fucks sake? It hasn't changed my mind, but I'm sick of flying to that shitty Latvia to play hockey.

What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

I genuinely like the Helsinki logo, but credit where credit's due, Boubabi's Stockholm logo was pretty cool.

• What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

I was in some dark bar drinking to another year in the books. not a huge fan of the balls drop or fireworks. once you seen 1 firework you have basically seen them all and the only ball drop i ever needed was when i was 12 and became a man

• Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

Mats johnson. hands down. hes a guy whose been around for a while and plays the game the way i want to

• Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

"Sidney Crosby, easily. Odinsson drinks hard liquor, while Crosby only consumes weak, girly drinks like wine coolers or shit with an umbrella for decoration."

Hey you cant knock the girly drinks too hard until you have tried them. there aint no shame in having an umbrella in your drink

• We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

My main man in net pepper. I know things have been rough so far but we are gonna turn it around

• To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

Fuck Riga thats how i feel. We will see them in the playoffs

• What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

I have to say the rush logo is clean and simple

What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

Having a nice night in with my gf.

Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

Mats Johnson brings an immediate boost to our roster's experience and leadership.

Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

Odinsson wins in the long run. Crosby puts up a decent fight but falters after the first 5 drinks. Crosby apparently likes anything girly or with an umbrella present. Odinsson hits the hard stuff and can handle higher % alcoholic drinks.

We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

Been a slow depressing start. Nobody is performing particularly well with their current line-mates. Hoping everyone can pick up the pace.

To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

We actually didn't do too poorly. But we have also had some rough games against teams we should be handling easily. The season is young and I believe we will turn it around.

What is your favorite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

Saskatoon Wild. Looks like what a minor team logo should be. Really nice work by whoever made it. The worst ones are Halifax followed by Vegas.

Edited by Jubo07

Week Ending: January 13th, 2019

1. With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

2. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

3. If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

4. How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

5. If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

6. What is your go-to pre-game meal?

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ

1. With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?
    Just keeping at it, working hard and putting my effort in before, during, and after games. I'm not terribly superstitious, so I don't think that throwing salt over my shoulders while I'm spinning in a circle is going to help anything. All I can do is continue to put in my best efforts, and hopefully things will turn in our favor.

2. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?
    I missed this news, so I'm not sure which game this is talking about, but a loss is a loss. The start has been crap, and scoring differential is only one part of the problem. As long as the losses are in regulation, they all count the same.

Is that rule where backup goalies have to play a minimum number of games still in place? Do we really still need that rule anymore?

I don't. I'd rather be playing hockey.

I would tweak the offsides rule to make it harder for incidental offsides to occur. Maybe add a buffer zone around the blue line, or require more of the skater's body to be over the line than just a skate for offsides to occur.

Spinach salad with chicken and an oil-and-vinegar dressing. Maybe a cookie on the side. If I'm not about to play, I'll have a cup of coffee when I'm done with it.

Edited by Hybrid1486

5 hours ago, Quik said:

Week Ending: January 13th, 2019

1. yeah I like to play a board game with the rest of my teammates just to build a bit of laughter and shake things up slightly.

2. I think we'll find out groove but a loss is a loss so we need to focus and just do the basics right now.

3. to have Helsinki win every year? no but seriously I don't even know if any rule changes could happen. its a well established league it looks like

4. I like to  go fishing a lot but I also like to watch local youth teams play wherever I am. you can learn a lot about having fun from the youngsters growing up through the game.

5. I would make roughing penalties 4 minutes long. it would really teach guys to not want to put their team at a disadvantage for ¼ of the period.

6. I'm big on those non-gmo hippy dippy smoothies that they talk about in those commercials with William Nylander haha

With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

I don't think there's anything that I can do as an individual, that will assist in the reversal of the teams current form. Unless I volunteer to ride the pine to see if my removal see's any benefit.

With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

No. I expected better this season and for whatever reason it just hasn't clicked. I don't care if we lose 3-2 or 27-1....a loss is still a loss.

If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

I've never come up with a suggestion to improve the VHL. I'm not about to start now.

How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

Doing anything else besides play hockey. Gaming, sightseeing, dining. All the usual stuff.

If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Make it a no-helmet sport. Let's see who the tough guys are then.

What is your go-to pre-game meal?

Poutine and a Gatorade. Yes, incredibly terrible combo.

I think its more of trying to get the team in the same headspace. We made a bunch of moves this offseason and i don't think the team has meshed yet and the lines need to work themselves out. Other than that there isn't much i think i could do personally that would break this slump.

1. With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

A loss is a loss. I think that is a mindset that the locker room shares and we need to be getting more wins and less losses.

1. If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

Idk. it being my first player in the league i haven't seen much that i think is blatantly wrong. 

1. How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

mostly drinking and playing video games, sometime together sometime separately. 

1. If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Fighting should be encouraged to happen more often. nothing like watching two slabs of meat beat the shit out of each other.

1. What is your go-to pre-game meal? 

a fat steak, mashed potatoes, and a beer. Gotta carb up

With the Titans starting the season relatively slowly, do you have certain ways to break out of a slump?

Not at all, not superstitious so the old cliche of hard work.   Then again maybe have the whole team where an evil eye under their gear to kill the evil spirits.

With news that the loss to Seattle was originally a 3-2 loss, does that change your feeling on anything to do with the team's less than ideal start?

No its just one game.  We will recover and improve as the team gels with so many new faces.

If you could make one rule change to the league, what would it be?

I dont really know.  Don't know the league enough to recommend one

How do you like to spend your free time, away from the rink?

Watching TV shows

If you could make one rule change to the sport of hockey, what would it be?

Get rid of the stupid hand passes in the defensive zone or allow hand passes everywhere.   Why give the D an advantage.

What is your go-to pre-game meal? 

I will go the opposite of Wilson and go with the old guys in that Nylander commercial

Week Ending: January 20th, 2019

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

2. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

3. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

4. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

5. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

6. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

my expectations are for myself to get it in gear. my pim are way too high and my hits/sb are disappointingly low

1. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

i think the biggest surprise is calgarys struggle. we blanked them the other night and they don't look like a unit. don't know whats going on there

1. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

fuck the pats. if you are a pats fan we cant be best friends, only friends. but i think the rams are gonna win it all. I was all in on the saints train but if the lousy eagles can hold the freight train of an offense that the saints have idk if they can hang

1. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

I admire Lebron James because of his work ethic in the game and how he gives back to the community. 

1. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

Probably something with numbers. i was always good in math

1. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life? 

My earliest memory is scoring on the wrong net and thinking i was the shit

4 hours ago, Quik said:

2. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

3. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

1. I just hope our team can get out of this mess that we put ourselves in. We put ourselves in a hole and we need to find a way to get out of it as early as possible.

2. Johnny Carison's save percentage of .940 is a huge surprise. That's quite the stat to hold onto and he is doing very well as their backup.

3. I hope the Chiefs or the Saints make it in. I'm not a fan of the Patriots and I think the Rams have some players on their roster who are a bit too egotistical for my liking.

4. Yes I admire Roger Federer because of how successful he has been as a tennis star. The guy has won at every stage and is a legend

5. I would probably be a carpenter like my grandfather was. It seemed like he always had fun and admired all his work

6. When I was 5 years old I got my first pair of skates (cliche alert) but it was the best present I had received and it ended up making me a bit of money in the end

We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

Get to a positive +/- even though its a pretty useless stat.   Also want to get 40 points.

What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

The fact that Kallis Kriketers leads the league in shutouts but is 10th in save percentage.   He must be either unbeatable in some games and couldn't stop a beach ball in others.

With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

I would like to see a chiefs and saints Superbowl but if my wife is around when you ask me I want New England in to win the Superbowl.

Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

Lebron James, hes dominant on the court carrying his team to finals appearances single handedly plus he does a lot of charitable work.

If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

A Financial Adviser or Accountant, something to do with numbers as I hate words.

What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

Falling on my ass many times while trying to get the puck.

1. We've officially reached the 1/3 mark of the season. What are your expectations for the remaining 2/3 of the season?

Debbie Downer here. I have zero expectations for the remaining 2/3...as in nothing, zilch, nada. If I get 10 more points this season, I'll be surprised. 

1. What has been the biggest surprise around the league (not with Helsinki) this season?

I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to anything but the Helsinki box scores. I'm a glutton for punishment. 

1. With the NFL going into its Final 4 next weekend, which of the remaining teams (Kansas, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans) do you hope will make the Super Bowl this year?

I'd like to see the Rams there. I like their Defense and Todd Gurley. 

1. Is there a player in any other sport whom you admire?

I doubt many have heard of him, but I respect a guy called Rich Froning. He won the crossfit games 4 years in a row and helped me to get motivated to work out. 

1. If you weren't playing hockey, what profession would you be in right now?

The guy who applies tanning lotion to chicks on the beach. 

1. What is your earliest memory of hockey in your life?

Being knocked unconscious by my older brother... good times. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Quik said:

Week Ending: January 20th, 2019

1) Start winning, and keep winning. We've finally sorted out our issues and we're playing at the level we should have been playing at all season. We've got to keep grinding  at that level and hopefully carry it through the postseason.

2) Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I don't know if I expected Toronto to reach full-on contender status this season. Stopko was a huge addition, sure, and Ironside is a legitimate star, but I didn't realize how good the team was as a whole.

3) If I had answered these before the games were played, I would have said the two teams that ended up losing. I'm basically going to be hoping that Tom Brady loses.

4) Not particularly, no. I don't follow basketball, baseball, or any of the non-major North American sports besides hockey and football, and there aren't any football players that immediately come to mind.

5) If I weren't playing hockey, I'd be writing about it. If I couldn't do that, I thin I would make a good scientist.

6) Playing in goal because I was the only one who couldn't skate.

Week Ending: January 27th, 2019

1. What is your take on the NHL All-Star Weekend?

2. Are you a morning person, or an evening person?

3. What is the most used appliance in your kitchen?

4. What type of video games do you like to play?

5. Do you think hockey should limit video reviews to 30 seconds?

6. I'll leave this question in the form of an image...

1. 25ss9wwh7fc01.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ @Tyler

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

Week Ending: January 27th, 2019

2. Are you a morning person, or an evening person?

3. What is the most used appliance in your kitchen?

4. What type of video games do you like to play?

5. Do you think hockey should limit video reviews to 30 seconds?

6. I'll leave this question in the form of an image...

1. 25ss9wwh7fc01.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

1. I wish they would just go back to East vs West and have the jerseys coloured in that regard. I don't like the whole division segregation

2. I am an evening person. School has taught me that I get most of my work done at night when people have gone to bed.

3. Probably my toaster oven. It usually bakes everything I need without having to wait for something to warm up.

4. I like to play mainly sports games but the last few years have been disappointing because they keep recycling the same engines.

5. Yes, I don't like waiting and nor does anyone else. Get it right quickly, don't confer with your entire staff to do it.

6. I like apple fritters as they are quite juicy and taste sweet. That being said, Israel has been starting wars with other countries over religion for centuries.

It is my favorite all star event as nba and nfl are a joke. I hate the rule about having to have one player from each team. i get its trying to be fair but some stud players get left out because of this pansy ass American ideal of making sure life is fair and everyone gets a turn. 

1. Are you a morning person, or an evening person?

a night owl for sure. the alarm clock is the mortal enemy

1. What is the most used appliance in your kitchen?

probably my fridge because it stores all the beer

1. What type of video games do you like to play?

anything besides those fighting games like tekken. i may take some shit for this but those games are for button mashing losers

1. Do you think hockey should limit video reviews to 30 seconds?

i have never been a big fan of reviews in sports. I am a fan of the call on the field/ice because it keeps it interesting and most of the time thigs are close calls anyways. There is no winning either way because a sports world with no reviews would cause ruckus because of missed calls and a sports world with unlimited reviews wont exist because every thing that is illegal wuld get caught. maybe we should just no show replays on tv and no one would bitch. i don't think this answers the question but its an answer nonetheless

1. I'll leave this question in the form of an image...  

i will answer this question in the form of a question...

Is that a huge joint on top of that bookshelf?

What is your take on the NHL All-Star Weekend?

Never watch the actual game, just the skills comp.   I hate the fact that one player per team must be there, if your a great player you should be there over the best bum on the shit team

Are you a morning person, or an evening person?

Evening Person, waking up early sucks.

What is the most used appliance in your kitchen?

My Air fryer.  So easy to make great fries and other fried goodness and its healthy than frying with oil.   Need to try chicken wings in it one day.

What type of video games do you like to play?

Either Sports or games like assasins creed or mass effect.  Right now I am playing Kingdom come deliverance.

Do you think hockey should limit video reviews to 30 seconds?

I'd say maybe make it a minute long as you may need a few looks at it.  Talking about Video reviews get rid of the offisde challenge rule or adopt the O dog idea of goals must be scored off the rush to be reviewed.  None of those stupid 30 seconds after zone entry goals called back

Apple Fritters Suck, although best donuts in Toronto are sold just down the street from my house and their fritter is good.  Everyone has the right to defend themselves, some just ask for it though.

1) I'm largely indifferent to all star events in any sport. The players are usually just there for vacation (remember when Matt Duchene was mic'd and talked about how hung over he was at the skills competition a few years ago?) and nobody seems to give a ton of effort during the game itself, so...meh.

2) I'm up by 5:45 every morning, so I would say that...after I've had my red eye, of course.

3) I just bought an Instant Pot, but I haven't really used it yet, so...microwave.

4) Mostly RPG's, and I'm still rockin' Pokemon Go. I've also been hammering away at Super Mario World on my SNES Classic lately.

5) Maybe? I'd say getting rid of offside challenges would be the more pertinent fix, since they don't affect the play itself and taking a goal away from a team based on a coincidental foot placement seems stupid.

6) I would hesitate to dabble in the geopolitical situation in the Middle East right now (although on a purely yes/no question without any nuance involved I would say yes)(also, @monkeywrench15, Israel has only been a country since 1948). I would unequivocally give apple fritters the right to defend themselves, however.

I honestly don't know much about it. I kind of get the concept of a player from each team, but I prefer the best players overall. 

1. Are you a morning person, or an evening person?

If by morning, you mean after midnight, then yes. I'm often awake into the small hours, listening to podcasts or looking for boobies on the Internet. 

1. What is the most used appliance in your kitchen?

I'm not sure. That's a womans domain. She should be handling anything to do with the kitchen. 

1. What type of video games do you like to play?

Mainly things like the Far Cry series, Skyrim etc. Some sports titles also. 

1. Do you think hockey should limit video reviews to 30 seconds?

Yes, purely based on the fact that play should be as fluid as possible. No one wants to see the nhl turn into the nfl where everyone stands around scratching their balls while they wait. 

1. I'll leave this question in the form of an image...  

Israel should defend themselves with Moose. No one would fuck with them, especially Palestine. Problem solved. 

Week Ending: February 3rd, 2019

1) The Titans are going to the playoffs for the first time since S61. How does it feel to bring such a historic organization back to the big stage?

2) The Titans currently sit at 3rd in the standings, partially in thanks to an incredible 11 game winning streak. What changed within the team to help make that possible?

3) The VHL All-Star game is coming up soon, which Titans would you like to see represent the team?

4) You've been playing with veterans and potential hall of famers in Keaton Louth and Mats Johnsson all season. What kind of an impact did they have on you as a player?

5) Which team would you like to end up playing in the first round of the playoffs? What's the strategy for taking them down?

6) Is there anything you'd like to say to the loyal fans of Helsinki, after giving them a regular season (and hopefully postseason) that they can be proud of?

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ @Tyler

1) It's nice. The Titans haven't been to the playoffs since I've been in the VHL, so I definitely like how my arrival coincides with the return to the playoffs. At the same time, it's only the beginning. I made it to Game 7 of the finals in my rookie year, and I'd like to go back and win this time.

2) Balancing lines is always a tricky endeavor, especially with a team as deep as we are. It took a while for us to find out the combinations that work, but when we did we took off.

3) I think our veterans deserve a nice send-off. Johnsson is one of the hardest workers the VHL has ever seen, and Louth has had a nice career as well. Even when the playoffs are done, they should be given one last go-round the ice.

4) Nice segue there. They've both been professionals, through and through. They showed us young'ns how to work and present ourselves on and off the ice, and seeing them continue to perform at a high level at the end of their careers has been inspirational to us all.

5) Barring some sort of miracle/collapse, we'll be playing Seattle in the first round. We went 4-6 against them in the regular season, so it's a series that really could go either way. The key is going to be goaltending...when we've won, we were able to score a lot of goals quickly. When we've lost, we got rocked early on. If someone can get a quick lead, they're probably going to win.

6) Kiitos, että tuki meitä. Pidetään se kiinni.

2 hours ago, Quik said:

1) The Titans are going to the playoffs for the first time since S61. How does it feel to bring such a historic organization back to the big stage?

As it will be my first go round in the playoffs i think it is going to be a great expeience and to do it for such a storied franchise makes it such an honor.

2 hours ago, Quik said:

2) The Titans currently sit at 3rd in the standings, partially in thanks to an incredible 11 game winning streak. What changed within the team to help make that possible?

I think it was the infusion of veteran talent with our young core that really brought the team together.

2 hours ago, Quik said:

3) The VHL All-Star game is coming up soon, which Titans would you like to see represent the team?

As i said before, i love that pepps is in net for the game and i cant wait for him to blank some of the leagues best

2 hours ago, Quik said:

4) You've been playing with veterans and potential hall of famers in Keaton Louth and Mats Johnsson all season. What kind of an impact did they have on you as a player?

I think Mats has really helped me progress as a defenseman. It gave me a direction on what skills i should be training and has helped me become a defender who can help lead our defense and team to glory in the seasons to come

2 hours ago, Quik said:

5) Which team would you like to end up playing in the first round of the playoffs? What's the strategy for taking them down?

I don't care who it is..... they are done. we need to score quick and leave them chasing us all game

2 hours ago, Quik said:

6) Is there anything you'd like to say to the loyal fans of Helsinki, after giving them a regular season (and hopefully postseason) that they can be proud of?

You guys give a whole new level to being a part of the team. the support you show gives me so much pride when i put on the jersey. Let's go get the fuckin cup!!!!