Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

Week Ending 7/28 

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel:

1) What are your thoughts on the team's performance thus far?

2) We made a big trade to bring in Dan Wilinsky. How do you think this affects our chances this season and beyond?

3) Have you experienced any of the so called "Cup Hangover" where your perfomance dips after winning a Championship?

4a) If you are a veteran player/member, what advice do you have for the rookies on the team as we fight for top spot in the European Conference?

4b) If you are a younger player/newer member, what advice have you gotten to help in the transition to the VHL?

5) What team(s) do you see as our biggest obstacles in repeating as Cup Champs?

6) The VHL just recently celebrated its 12th birthday. What is your favourite memory during your time in the VHL?

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva  @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @oilmandan

13 minutes ago, Quik said:

Week Ending 7/28 

2) We made a big trade to bring in Dan Wilinsky. How do you think this affects our chances this season and beyond?

3) Have you experienced any of the so called "Cup Hangover" where your perfomance dips after winning a Championship?

4a) If you are a veteran player/member, what advice do you have for the rookies on the team as we fight for top spot in the European Conference?

4b) If you are a younger player/newer member, what advice have you gotten to help in the transition to the VHL?

6) The VHL just recently celebrated its 12th birthday. What is your favourite memory during your time in the VHL?

Not yet on track. Engine has been coughing a little.

Dan is a high character player and I think the price we paid was modest. I expect good things from him.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to hold a trophy in my life hah

Best advice I've got is not to mind any politics. It's done me good enough so far.

I suppose Vancouver, Davos (and Calgary)...? I'm quite uncertain still.

My favourite memory is @Esso2264 reading my name in the VHL draft stream. Will live with me through my career!

Not totally happy with how we have been playing. Yes were 2nd but we really should be playing better than this.

I think he will make a massive difference a great player and a great guy. Love the trade.

3) Have you experienced any of the so called "Cup Hangover" where your performance dips after winning a Championship?

Well, sadly I was not on the team when the cup was handed over here. I was crying over losing in the VHLM finals. So my performance did not dip because I was pissed.

Just don't worry about how many points you are getting. The first season is always the hardest and next year i will produce. 

For sure Toronto right now there the best team in the league and we need that to stop. 

For sure the times I got drafted. It was so cool watching the live stream and listening to the people talk about me.

Not going as expected. We need to get our shit together

I think it sures up our second line. the big challange now is to get both lines clicking at the same time.

To start the season no, but now i am going on a 10 game point slump

Just stick with it. It is a long season that builds up to the playoffs, where it is crucial to give it 100% every game

It looks like riga on paper but somehow toronto is surging off of ot wins....

This is my first player build but i have to say winning the cup was my top moment so far. i know it takes some peope multiple builds to win one

On 7/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, Quik said:

Week Ending 7/28 

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva  @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @oilmandan

1) Good but so far I have not done anything. Maybe I should lay off the drugs?

2) Couldn't care any less, as long as he brings a cup ill be happy

3) I live life hungover from the parties I go to. Being a god every girl wants my cock. It's quite tiring. You should feel sorry for me... no sorry for yourself for not getting laid as much as I do. It's quite sad... what was the question? Oh yeah. Hangover... yeah im hungover so much that I cannot distinguish what hangover im on right now.

4a) Lifes short so party and fuck as much as you can

5) None

6) The height of my trolling. It was epic. Short Bus also which was me trolling and 5's a crowd was around that time. Yeah... Old Robbie was fun. He should come back

21 hours ago, Sonnet said:

1) The Titans have been slumping as of late. What's the cause? Bad airline food? Intense practices?

2) What are your thoughts on your own performance so far?

3) What does Helsinki need to do in order to turn their fortune around?

4) Where do you think the Titans peak this season?

5) On the contrary, what's the worst possible finish for the Titans this year?

6) On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate Toronto?

I have no comments on this matter.

My own performance has been below expectations. I've been stuck in an administrative matrix these recent weeks.

Helsinki needs to remember what brought them the cup last season and buckle up their ideas. I mean - our ideas.

It's yet to come, I'll tell you that.

Uhh, that might also be yet to come.

I don't know anything or anyone about the Toronto uhh... Whatevers? so maybe a clean 2 out of 10.

1) The Titans have been slumping as of late. What's the cause? Bad airline food? Intense practices?

I'm not too sure. Where not jelling as we used too. We need to find a way to get out of this slump and start winning some games.

I have played like absolute garbage. I have talked to the team about it and they say it's just because it's my Rookie season. Do I believe them? Maybe.

I think we need to continue doing what we're doing. Battle hard and games will come.

Haven't hit it yet so I'll let you know later.

Still, need to wait for this answer too. 

I don't get the issue will Trornoto maybe I just don't get it because I've never been told. But still 7/10.

Its that bastard simon. we need to watch out for that sneaky fucker

I was killin it to start the year then i went dryer than a 4o year old who lives with his mom

Get some damn line chemistry. its what helped us win last year

I think we are peaking in the finals. there is nowhere else to peak

Honestly, making it to the finals and losing. 1 for 4 is a bad look

Fuck Toronto. thats how much i hate them

On 7/31/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 8/04 

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva  @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @oilmandan

1) Cocaine from Switzerland

2) I suck at the moment

3) Play better

4) Us lifting the cup, all we need is pure Columbian Powder

5) No cup

6) 0 I don't really think about them or even care to have a opinion they are nothing to me

On 7/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, Sonnet said:

1 Poor quality hookers on our road trip. You dont always get what you pay for

2 I'm having a career year right before I hit depreciation. Fuck me. 

3 We need to break a few of Toronto's stars legs. Be like Bobby Clarke 

4 You always peak right before you climax. So hopefully in the finals

5 The Euro Conference is pretty tight. Like Alexander Pepper's wallet (guy never pays for drugs). So we may miss the playoffs altogether 

6 other than the Jays, I can't count how high the number would be

1) The Titans are back to winning games, but consistency is still an issue. What's the best way to fix that?

Just keep working hard. We don't need to change anything continue what we're doing and wins will come.

2) Despite some struggles, we still sit atop the European conference. Are you scared of anyone behind us?

I'm always scared.

3) Toronto just became the first team to clinch a playoff berth. Do you see anyone stopping them this season?

Ya, I think we can. Were a great time and I know we can beat them.

4) The playoffs are just around the corner, but there are still a handful of games left to play. How hard is it to focus on the now, rather than the first round?

For us, I don't think its too hard. We have been in the playoffs before and we know we have to take EVERYTHING one game at a time.

5) Recently, the Titan's statistical history was brought up to date. Do you think any current players will end up being some of the most recognized franchise names?

For sure our top 3 forwards and top 2 defencemen are amazing players they should be the most recognized franchise names.

6) If you could pick your first-round playoff opponent, who would it be and why?

Probably Toronto. I know we can beat them and I want to show them that right away.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:10 PM, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 8/11

1) The Titans are back to winning games, but consistency is still an issue. What's the best way to fix that?

2) Despite some struggles, we still sit atop the European conference. Are you scared of anyone behind us?

3) Toronto just became the first team to clinch a playoff berth. Do you see anyone stopping them this season?

4) The playoffs are just around the corner, but there are still a handful of games left to play. How hard is it to focus on the now, rather than the first round?

5) Recently, the Titan's statistical history was brought up to date. Do you think any current players will end up being some of the most recognized franchise names?

6) If you could pick your first round playoff opponent, who would it be and why?

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva  @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @oilmandan

Special teams and defense. Helping Pepper is the key.

I don't think so.

Ask me again in a couple of weeks. It might be a lot more difficult for them than they realize.

Everything we do is preparing ourselves for what's coming up next. We had to straighten some wrinkles recently, but all eyes are on us again this year.

Thompson and Pepper look pretty good to me.

Toronto? Get it out the way.

Thanks!

Stop giving up third period goals. they have been killing us

Nah, they are behind us for a reason

They look like we did last season. but no doubt we will bring them down

Its always a struggle to finish out the season with playoffs looming. we will find a way to push through bc we still need to clinch a spot ourselves

Not sure if anyone is going to be in the franchise cornerstone or astrid moon status but we have a few guys who are going to be here long enough to get up there in the stats. S63 core specifically

6) If you could pick your first round playoff opponent, who would it be and why?

it doesnt matter because no matter who it is they gon lose

On 8/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 8/11

1) less coke

2) Nope

3) Um... yeah. Us. They will hate us in the finals

4) not hard to focus. We're first. People need to focus on us and worry about us

5) I don't know about current and past players to even attempt a proper answer

6) Calgary cause fuck em. Too bad they are in NA. Who do we talk to have Calgary traded to Europe? Justin Trudeau?

1. The Titans are in a battle for 1st with the Menace and Reign. Do you think you can get the top seed and bye?

2. If you don't get the bye, who would you rather play in the 1st round?

3. How has Dan Wilinsky impacted the team?

4. Who has surprised on the team?

5. Who has disappointed on the team?

8 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

1. The Titans are in a battle for 1st with the Menace and Reign. Do you think you can get the top seed and bye?

2. If you don't get the bye, who would you rather play in the 1st round?

3. How has Dan Wilinsky impacted the team?

4. Who has surprised on the team?

5. Who has disappointed on the team?

1 I think so. We've played well enough in stretches but haven't really hit our stride yet. We had a players only meeting this morning so hopefully that wakes up our passengers

2 we've kinda struggled against both Riga and Moscow. Flip a coin and say Moscow 

3 He's added depth at forward so that not so much attention is paid to Borwinn and Thompson. Needs to find the net again though 

4 Not so much of a surprise, but Alexander Pepper has been a rock in goal and has stole a few games when the offense isn't there

5 league scoring seems to be down across the board, so I'm sure guys like Borwinn and Thompson and even Bailey aren't too pleased with their dips in production 

1) Right now, the Titans sit at 3rd in the division with only a few games left to play. How confident do you feel about the upcoming playoff run?

I feel pretty good about our chances in the playoffs. Were a good team. We've done it once before we can do it again.

2) If you had to give an award to one player on the team, who would it be?

It would be Alexander Pepper. He has single-handedly won us a few games. He an amazing goalie and we need him if we want to get that cup.

3) Conversely, the time to speak up is now. Is anyone on the team under-performing? Do they need a little pick-me-up before the playoffs?

I still think I'm underperforming even though people say I'm not. But also I think the whole team could pick it up a bit more to give us that extra skill going in.

4) Expansion has been a hot topic in the VHL as of late. What does your ideal expansion team look like?

I would probably want a team in New Brunswick. Don't ask me why. 

5) Do you feel as if we have something to prove, entering the playoffs as the defending champs, even though our spot in the standings doesn't support it?

Ya, I for sure still feel that we need to go in there and show everyone why we won it last year. We have a lot to prove.

6) Overall, how do you feel about how this season played out?

Its been a good season. I have done decently this season and i can't really speak for my teammates. 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, Sonnet said:

1) Right now, the Titans sit at 3rd in the division with only a few games left to play. How confident do you feel about the upcoming playoff run?

3) Conversely, the time to speak up is now. Is anyone on the team under-performing? Do they need a little pick-me-up before the playoffs?

4) Expansion has been a hot topic in the VHL as of late. What does your ideal expansion team look like?

5) Do you feel as if we have something to prove, entering the playoffs as the defending champs, even though our spot in the standings doesn't support it?

4 if Calgary has a team Edmonton should too, I've never liked Calgary in any way shape or form. I'd call them Edmonton Buzzsaws. Have an angry looking beaver as the mascot. Heck you could use my beaver tattoo as the logo

5 Hell yes we have something to prove. With how loaded our roster is and how middling our season has been, we have lots to prove. Gotta show people Helsinki isnt a one year show

6 I don't think anyone can be happy with how the regular season has gone. But it's pretty easy to fix that if we have a great playoffs 

I mean if there is ever an underdog story i am up for it

Pepper should get one of the goalie awards because he has drug our asses through many games this season

I think we all have room to improve. scoring needs to increase

you need to get a strong scoring presence from someone, one that is also a leader in the llocker room. it realy helps boost the guys to perform

I dont think we do but the league hasnt taken us serious despite 3 straight finals appearances.

I dont think we ever hit our stride. im still hopefully about the playoffs but this season feels different

On 8/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 8/11

1) very confident. The team expects the confidence from me

2) Myself for just being myself. People may hate me but oh fucking well

3) Me and no. I just need hookers and blow

4) have no idea. Don't really care. They better be the Idaho Potatoes.

5) Nope the cup is ours and everyone knows it

6) meh

• 3 weeks later...

Week Ending September 15th

1. The off-season is coming to an end, how did you spend your time away from the rink?
  2. The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season?
  3. After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?
  4. What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?
  5. How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?
  6. What team, aside from Helsinki, do you think has the best chance to win the Continental Cup this season, and why?

1) Golfing, Fishing & Kayaking
2) I feel like despite losing one of our top contributors we have a stronger outlook going forward. ACL Tear has nowhere to go but up and is a very strong contender for the coming seasons most improved player. We also acquired some defensive depth in Mitch Matthews.

3) I am hoping we will have an increase in line chemistry which is key in generating any success in the VHL. Out top line of Borwinn - Bailey - Wilinsky projects to be one of the leagues strongest in recent memory.

4) Becoming a stronger two-way player as opposed to an offensively focused skater.

5) Malmo acquiring Thompson and Boucher look to be a threat but their goal-tending remains a concern for at least one more season. Davos looks to be the stronger club on paper.

6) Close call between Calgary and Riga. I'll give the edge to Calgary; Brick Wahl is due for a finals appearance.

1. The off-season is coming to an end, how did you spend your time away from the rink?

Just training hard trying to prepare for next season! 

2. The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season? 

Our GM quik and AGM Sonnet have done a great job. I love what they did this season including extending my contract. This team knows what their doing.

3. After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?

For sure. I now have 1 season under my belt so i feel like just that can and will make a HUGE difference. 

4. What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?

Honestly i can't really say just 1. I have been working on continuing to be a well rounded player.  I worked on a ton of different skills during the offseason.

5. How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?

I don't really think one is better than the other. There both fantastic teams.

6. What team, aside from Helsinki, do you think has the best chance to win the Continental Cup this season, and why?

I think Vancouver has what it takes to win once again. This weird guy named @InstantRockstar / Denver Wolfe is pretty alright. I think he could lead them to a second cup.

Edited by MexicanCow123

I spent most of my time hopping from plane to plane as I was traded from here to there and everywhere. 

Hey! Don't forget about that amazing goalie, Virgil Ligriv, they brought in. I hear he's the real deal. That was a steal they got for him.

Of course. We still have the best goalie in the league, and our lines have one more season of experience on the ice.

Oh, I'm not really sure. I've always been open to training how the coaching staff thinks is best for the squad. I think the critics would say my agility in the net is lacking, and they're probably right.

Walk in the park. How the hell did we get so lucky?

Definitely Vancouver. They have put together a great team that can put up points, and Kingfisher is a beast in the net.

On 9/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Quik said:
  • The off-season is coming to an end, how did you spend your time away from the rink?
  • The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season?
  • After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?
  • What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?
  • How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?
  • What team, aside from Helsinki, do you think has the best chance to win the Continental Cup this season, and why?

1 I golfed a bunch and did some camping and sightseeing. Nothing too exciting but enjoyable 

2 It's always hard losing a good teammate in Thompson, but we have to get younger at the same time and ACL Tear is a great young player. He will be a great addition. Virgil Ligriv will be a key add when he makes the team too

3 I do. We learned a lot by losing and I think we will come back stronger because of it

4 I just worked on staying in shape. I'm getting to the end of my career, trying to hang on anyway I can 

5 I like it. They are good rivals to have and I'm excited to get the season started. Malmo will be more competition, just cause if the rivalry we will form from being so close

6 I'll say DC. They have a great logo