OTT/YUK

diamond_ace

Just now, ShawnGlade said:

*doesnt trade me Kastelic, proceeds to trade him to my our biggest rival* RIP HALIFAX

Also, my trade I felt had more value.......whats going on here

You do realize there's another big defenseman on the block from another team, right - as well as a forward (same team) so you can still make deals

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

You do realize there's another big defenseman on the block from another team, right - as well as a forward (same team) so you can still make deals

Yes, but I wanted Kastelic :(

@Gooningitup now you know why I made the offer I did. I was trying to get you into a reverse bidding war with Yukon, pit you against each other for lower offers (since Yukon's offer was already pretty good). When you didn't budge, I accepted what was on the table for Yukon.

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

@Gooningitup now you know why I made the offer I did. I was trying to get you into a reverse bidding war with Yukon, pit you against each other for lower offers (since Yukon's offer was already pretty good). When you didn't budge, I accepted what was on the table for Yukon.

Haha see thing is i aint dumb ;) i learned from my VHL days to avoid getting burned and would rather sit pretty than give up talent for less than value 

2 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Haha see thing is i aint dumb ;) i learned from my VHL days to avoid getting burned and would rather sit pretty than give up talent for less than value 

Neither is Barzal. If these next few drafts are anything like that last one, 2nds are valuable as hell. Plus the VHLM is nothing like the VHL, the turnaround down here is crazy. Standing pat is a much more viable VHL strategy than it is a VHLM one. Do as you will though, I got mine.

8 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Neither is Barzal. If these next few drafts are anything like that last one, 2nds are valuable as hell. Plus the VHLM is nothing like the VHL, the turnaround down here is crazy. Standing pat is a much more viable VHL strategy than it is a VHLM one. Do as you will though, I got mine.

Realistically if we followed the rules for the last 10 seasons that apparently our commishes dont even know this trade cant happen lol. 

4 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Realistically if we followed the rules for the last 10 seasons that apparently our commishes dont even know this trade cant happen lol. 

I know you're bitter about that side of it (and I get your frustration on that end, because it does technically still say that in the rules), but look at the trades that have already happened prior to this one. Precedent had been established re: S64 picks. You can't suddenly decide to have a problem with this trade when you didn't have a problem with the other trades that had S64 picks in them before this.

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

I know you're bitter about that side of it (and I get your frustration on that end, because it does technically still say that in the rules), but look at the trades that have already happened prior to this one. Precedent had been established re: S64 picks. You can't suddenly decide to have a problem with this trade when you didn't have a problem with the other trades that had S64 picks in them before this.

Actually didnt pay attention to trades at all lol or i woulda spoke up ? i didnt notice till i joined the trade market

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Actually didnt pay attention to trades at all lol or i woulda spoke up ? i didnt notice till i joined the trade market

Fair - anyway so the ruling for now is that this season we're allowing it, and as it stands it'll revert to the one season at the end of this season. I'm trying to push them to go back to two seasons (it used to be that way for most of the life of the league, it went to one season so it didn't cripple a team before they would get a new GM, but we have no shortage of people interested in VHLM GMing at the moment, and objectively 2 seasons of picks makes for a more interesting trade market)

• 3 weeks later...