McQueen best defensive forward in rookie season

Jamie

To be fair, she said that if the offensive production improves that Mcqueen could become a consistent two-way award winner.

Hey, look!! There is someone that can read!! I was starting to lose faith for a second..

McQueen led all rookies in hits (the league as well) and goals pretty sure its a no brainer.

Didn't know those were the only statistics in the league.

Conner Low is in the talk for the Labatte Trophy and was arguably (maybe not even arguably) the most complete defenseman in the league this season.

McQueen has a great rookie year but Low had a much superior one.

Low isn't even the best rookie on NY this season let alone the best rookie in the league.

I remember when you said that Edwin Encarnaction was going to be better then me when you picked him fifth, you're a typical Bills fan, always wrong.

• Head Moderator

Thought that was trip X?

Nah I was 5 behind but I have more points and gwg and plus minus.

Low is the no brainer though. I always seem to be beaten in roty by defensemen on my own team though.

Walser, Raws dman, now Low lol.

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

Gwg more important than filler goals :)

More importantly however the fact we are debating facts now proves my original point.

Your statement was "unarguable", and I proved it was.

I didn't actually claim who was better, I just said it was up for debate and here we are debating (kinda).

Edited by tfong

Its only a debate b/c you present your invalid arguments in an attempt to make it one.  Most goals most hits all the while spending the entire game in the penalty box we need to be having MVP talks let alone ROY which is already a forgone conclusion.

Edited by Mike

• Head Moderator

Its nota debate b/c you present your invalid arguments in an attempt to make it one. Most goals most hits all the while spending the entire game in the penalty box we need to be having MVP talks let alone ROY which is already a forgone conclusion.

Pretty sure you're the only one saying they are invalid arguments in any case. There is no way that this is not debatable considering 5 hits is such a small margin.

I mean you could use stars as a debate if you want.

McQueen has 6-2-2 which has him as the best on the team as a skater.

Mike Jr has 4-5-2 which to me has more value and I'd argue you were the teams best player.

XXX Has 4-6-3 and I don't even think I'm the best on my own team.

Connor low is 1-6-6 which is weaker in stars but he has significant stats in all categories to back him up.

Wahl in my opinion is our team mvp and is roty candidate with low. I he has extremely good numbers for a first year rookie goalie and has a star line of 6-4-4.

All these players would make a case for roty and mvp over McQueen. Not saying McQueen can't win it, I just think it's a tight race and definitely isn't a clear cut decision.

Think you guys are misunderstanding when I say it's debatable vs because McQueen isn't good enough.

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

Are we really using stars now to compare players?

No, I said "if". But stars could be used, it's who the sim thinks plays the best after all.

Edited by tfong

All I said was the defensive aspect of a forward (hits, shots blocked) is unarguable because I was the best in hits and anyone close to me in hits is nowhere close in shots blocked.

Also lol @ "filler goals"

Edited by Jamie

• Head Moderator

All I said was the defensive aspect of a forward (hits, shots blocked) is unarguable because I was the best in hits and anyone close to me in hits is nowhere close in shots blocked.

Also lol @ "filler goals"

Well if you say it that way I don't have anything to debate.

But you said best defensive forward which encompasses all other aspects of being a forward imo.

Also faceoffs are generally counted as a defensive stat for forwards too.

Though it's highly likely the only thing that triggered me to challenge you is the word unarguable. Or the other thing is you just laughing off other stats maybe that go against your absolute statement.

Either way we raised public awareness your player which was my intention. Probably more people checked out your player stats and page today :)

+/- can't really be taken into account here as Riga as a whole wasn't very good this year.

But when considering any other award its taken into account largely?

Then there's also the argument of being on a shit team inflates stats.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8