Sullivan Jr. Targeting His Father's Trophy

Advantage

Ryan Sullivan Jr. is stepping into some big shoes, and he is ready for the challenge.  “I know what people will expect and I know that I need to topple those expectations.  I also know what I expect from myself and people would be surprised how high I set the bar for myself.  I expect to be better than he ever was.”

The “he” is of course his father and Hall of Fame player, Ryan Sullivan, who took the VHL by storm on route to three Sterling Labatte Trophies (Top Defender) and two Alexander Beketov Trophies (Most Assists).  He also won a Continental Cup and is widely regarded as a top-5 VHL Defenseman of all-time.  He also has another award that he won in the VHLM and that is his son’s first goal of his professional career.  “I want to win the VHLM Defenseman of the Year.  He did it in Season 28 and it would be a special accomplishment for me.”  What would likely add to how special the accomplishment is that the award is now called the Ryan Sullivan Trophy.  “It would pretty cool to win it yeah.  I don’t think about it too much but I would be lying if I said that wouldn’t be an amazing experience.  Even just being acknowledged for top defenseman of VHLM would be cool enough, but having his name on it adds something for sure.”

Sullivan’s career will kick off soon as he recently signed a 1 year deal for 1.5 Million with the Las Vegas Aces, who should be able to make some noise in the playoffs.