Top NHL Players Point Predictions pt. 2

bagelbitesisbae

(Since all of you guys seemed to really enjoy the first top NHL players points prediction, I decided I’d do another one. I hope you guys enjoy this one just as much! Let’s get on with the topic!)

The NHL season is about to start and we are all hyped to see which players will attain the most points throughout the whole entire season. We are going to predict several more of the top NHL players’ point totals that they will have at the end of this upcoming season. The players we will be doing are Evgeni Kuznetsov, Patrice Bergeron, Patrick Kane, Vladimir Taresenko, Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn, and lastly, Johnny Gaudreau. I also like you guys’ predictions as well! Let’s get some reader engagement in the comments!

EVGENI KUZNETSOV (67 points) - Evgeni Kuznetsov exploded last year. He also won the Stanley Cup with his line mates Alexander Ovechkin and Niklas Backstrom. Kuznetsov is usually not in the spotlight because of his teammate Alexander Ovechkin. Last season, Kuznetsov managed to get a point total of 83 points. That may seem like a lot, but he hasn’t been consistent throughout his past NHL seasons. I also don’t see Washington to make it deep again in the playoffs. I gave Kuznetsov a reasonable total of 67 points. You can all say that is too low, but it’s actually not if you look at his previous point totals from several seasons ago. 

PATRICE BERGERON (70 points) - Last year Patrice Bergeron managed to get a point total of 63 points. You all know him as the two-way guy who plays a two-way game. Which he is, but he’s also a goal scorer versus a passer if you look at all of his previous NHL stats. He doesn’t get a ton of points every season like you’d expect somebody of his caliber to get. I think Boston has the pieces of make a very serious Cup run this upcoming season. I think that Bergeron is going to be a heavy contributor so I’m saying he’s going to get 70 points which would be his highest point total in one season. 

PATRICK KANE (79 points) - Patrick Kane managed to attain a point total of 76 points. That’s a pretty modest point total compared to his point totals in the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 seasons. The Chicago Blackhawks are currently in a little bit of a rebuild because their whole team has gotten a lot older and slower. They did recently get Adam Boqvist who is sure to one day make their team. The Blackhawks also have rising star, Alex Debrincat,  who is sure to play a key role in the Chicago Blackhawks organization. Chicago shouldn’t be in a huge stump this year, so Patrick Kane’s point total will go up a bit. 

VLADIMIR TARESENKO (73 points) - Vladimir Taresenko has always been a goal scorer instead of playmaker. He and his team didn’t do too well last season as Taresenko managed to only get 66 points. 66 points is quite modest for Taresenko because if you’ve seen his past seasons point totals, they have always been around the 70 points area. I think the addition of Ryan O’Reilly should really help boost the St. Louis Blues as a whole. If the St. Louis Blues are boosted then Vladimir Taresenko should be too, including his point totals. 

TYLER SEGUIN (70 points) - I think Tyler Seguin’s point totals are going to drop from last year because he’s probably worrying about a contract extension. I know it won’t make his point totals drop heavily, but it could potentially be a factor. He plays with Jamie Benn which elevates his game and vice-versa. Dallas won’t be amazing next year, but you never know. 

JAMIE BENN (80 points) - Jamie Benn is an elite goal scorer who plays with Tyler Seguin. His point totals the past two seasons have been mediocre considering how much he has produced in the past. He is going to get around 80 points because he’s one of the top NHLers, but not as widely known as somebody like Crosby or McDavid. 

JOHNNY GAUDREAU (90 points) - Johnny Gaudreau reached a personal high of 84 points which is very impressive. Calgary recently acquired Noah Hanifin from the Carolina Hurricanes which will add a young D to the already good Calgary defensive core. Johnny Hockey (nickname he is called) is probably going to go into his prime this upcoming season and reach a staggering 90 points.

(The support has been incredible this past month. I hope I can keep making more NHL content for you guys because I know you guys enjoy reading it. Hit the like button if you like this particular piece!!!)