Goals to Complete [1/2]

Advantage

I feel I am still at the stage where all I can think of to write about is myself and my comeback to the league.  I imagine over time that will change when I start to integrate myself back into the league and get caught up in the storylines of each season, but for now I will keep it about me and more specifically, what I want to accomplish.  I have been a member of this league for quite some time but there are still quite a few goals I have for myself that I did not get to accomplish before.

Goal 1 – First GM to 1000 Wins

Yeah, eventually I will return to be a GM as I am still quite close to 1000 wins.  Currently I sit tied for first in wins with 834 wins over the course of 22 seasons as a General Manager in the Victory Hockey League (Greg Harbinson also has 834 over 23 seasons).  I was well on my way to reaching that goal when I was stripped of my title as General Manager due to Cologne being taken out of the league during the retraction period.  While that stung and was one of the reasons I decided to take some time away, I do intend on eventually returning to the GM chair to not only reach this goal but to add to my all-time best five David Knight Trophies and to hopefully add to my Continental Cup total, which sadly only sits at two as a General Manager.

Goal 2 – 1000 TPE

I only have hit this goal once in my career..and interestingly it was with the biological father to my current player.  Brick Wahl fell just short and I haven’t really been able to get back to the point since due to some issues with teams I was GM’ing and the overall fact that I burned myself out.  I’m refreshed now and I am enjoying the league again so I hope to hit 1000 TPE with this player, or if not, my next given carryover will only help.  Ultimately, I’d like to see a third player to the Hall of Fame as well, and hitting this lofty goal would be an effective way to improve those chances.

Goal 3 – Actually Be Active on a Team with Devise

Look, everyone liked to joke that we followed each other around.  Except the only time I was ever active and on a team with Devise was when I was the General Manager of Laich for one season.  I then traded him to Cologne and the rest is history.  I was on his team in Toronto and Riga but really was never fully invested or active either time so at some point, whether it is with my current player or another, I would like to actually be on the same team for an extended period of time when we are both invested and active.  We talk every day and cast and stream together so it would be some fun banter if we were on the same team for once.