Dan Wilinsky post season press conference

oilmandan

1. Playing for Ottawa what are you expecting from probably the most exciting series for this round?

2. Are there any players you have really enjoyed being teammates with?

3. Coaches are a very important role on any team, are the coaches in Ottawa more active then any other coach you have dealt with or how are they ranked?

4. Who on another team do you respect the most?

5. Who on your team do you respect the most?

On 9/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, Jose Gonzalez said:

1. Playing for Ottawa what are you expecting from probably the most exciting series for this round?

2. Are there any players you have really enjoyed being teammates with?

3. Coaches are a very important role on any team, are the coaches in Ottawa more active then any other coach you have dealt with or how are they ranked?

4. Who on another team do you respect the most?

5. Who on your team do you respect the most?

I did this before the playoffs started just hadn't posted it yet.

1. I'd expect it to definitely be the best and closest series in the playoffs. I'd be betting on 7 games and probably never more than a two goal split in every game. Offense vs defense, I can't wait!

2. I've been lucky to have a lot of fun active teammates, but I think @McWolfmay be my favourite. We share a special bond in liking boobs and posting pictures of boobs. I definitely warms the heart.

3. There's a couple coaches in the VHLM that are pretty active, which is awesome for keeping new players interested. Our coach in Ottawa has been pretty active and helpful with learning the ropes to improving all of our players. And I think that's what's helped us have such a good season.

4. I think it would be @ColeMrtz21 he's does a real good job editing the VHLM magazine. Although his player does have plenty of time on his hands only playing half of his teams games 

5. Definitely @Enorama the way he's putting up tpe this year, I'm pretty sure all he does is look for ways to gain them. It's truly awe-inspiring 

• 2 months later...

1. Now that marijuana is legal in Canada would you use the cbd oil for post game and injury pain if you could?

2. Since your not retiring and were just drumming up drama,do you think in the next few years you'll become a team leader?

3. Do you prefer old school wooden stick s like I do or composite sticks?

4. Which two teams will end up in this years finals?

5. What do you dislike about this game?

On 11/30/2018 at 6:52 AM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Now that marijuana is legal in Canada would you use the cbd oil for post game and injury pain if you could?

2. Since your not retiring and were just drumming up drama,do you think in the next few years you'll become a team leader?

3. Do you prefer old school wooden stick s like I do or composite sticks?

4. Which two teams will end up in this years finals?

5. What do you dislike about this game?

1. As a pro player trying to be the very best I can be, I think its important to do anything within the rules as well as toeing the line to help with recovery and improvement. So ya I definitely would if I was able to

2. I hope I can be a leader. I worked really hard this year and I hope to keep that up. Just have to keep plugging away and the results will come. I want to be in New York for a long time and I think I can help build a winner

3. I like the old school wooden sticks. Makes me feel super strong when I snap one in half.  The old sherwoods are my favorite.

4. Hard to count out the Wranglers, but I think this is Seattle and Rigas year to shine. All three were so good but home ice will be so important in these playoffs

5. I wish there was a way to do live streams of more games like we did the all star game. That was a blast. Good excuse to drink too

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@oilmandan

49 minutes ago, Banackock said:

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@oilmandan

1. Trump narrowly beats Trudeau. Trump uses the body of a Mexican and Trudeau uses his own purse. But we all win when trump also drops dead from touching an illegal

2. Bacon. Had to Google it and it made me hungry.

3. Football or curling. Favourite team is the Edmonton Eskimos 

4. Took a lot of thinking and debate. Fuck Margot Robbie 

Marry Blake Lively 

Kill Beyonce

5. I'd invent a way to talk and understand what animals are saying 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

1. Are you happy with your time in Vegas?

2. Are you optimistic about New York's playoff chances and future?

3. How do you feel about your players performance this year?

4. What made you join the VHL?

5. Who is the best VHL GM, in your opinion?

6. If you could add ten years to your dogs life but subtract ten years from your own life, would you do it?

19 hours ago, Matt_O said:

1. Are you happy with your time in Vegas?

2. Are you optimistic about New York's playoff chances and future?

3. How do you feel about your players performance this year?

4. What made you join the VHL?

5. Who is the best VHL GM, in your opinion?

6. If you could add ten years to your dogs life but subtract ten years from your own life, would you do it?

1. I'm torn. I feel like I left a job unfinished. This year was going as expected, the goal was to develop and try to move pieces for future and picks and that worked. Next year would've been more of the same. But I feel like S68 and S69 would have been very good seasons for Vegas. Hopefully it goes according to plan for my replacement

2. I'm unsure. At the end of last season and even going into this year I'd have said yes. Unfortunately a few players didn't turn out and we had sold out for the present. Depending on how this year turns out, we might be at a crossroads as to the future. I'm hoping we can stick around longer in the playoffs this year. And for the future, I think a few teams have or will pass us, unless we can retool in free agency

3. I've never been all that happy with my player to begin with. I've been experimenting to see what works and doesn't. I took some poor advice early on and it has derailed my career hopes a little. Hopefully his second half of his career he can improve

4. I was playing on MetroHockey and saw an ad for the VHL and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm very happy I joined. And even more so that it led me to the EFL, which I find to be more enjoyable

5. Ive always had a lot of respect for a few GMs. Personal stuff aside, I'd say Bushito is the best GM. He rubs people the wrong way very often, but he knows how to run a sim team.

6. In a heartbeat I would. Dogs are the best people in the world, and we are all lucky to have them as our family members

1. your opinion on Twinger under-performing all the time?

2. do you think NY has only made the playoffs because of Kingfisher?

3. do you think last offseason could've been better for NY?

4. the team is on fire as of late. is this gonna help in playoffs?

5. the most dangerous VHL team as of now?

On 6/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. your opinion on Twinger under-performing all the time?

2. do you think NY has only made the playoffs because of Kingfisher?

3. do you think last offseason could've been better for NY?

4. the team is on fire as of late. is this gonna help in playoffs?

5. the most dangerous VHL team as of now?

1. Twinger has at least had good seasons. Wilinsky has pretty much topped out around 65 points a season. 

2. Pretty much. We couldn't score to save our lives and it definitely showed.

3. I think it could've been so much better. We struggled with the cap and had several acquisitions that pretty much fell flat on their faces. 

4. Haha clearly not. We definitely need to refind ourselves this offseason 

5. Helsinki looks pretty much unbeatable. They are stacked top to bottom. They'd be my bet to win it all

1. What do you think NY needs to do to improve this offseason?

2. How do you think you can get better as a player?

3. Which team do you think has the best chance of beating Helsinki?

4. What do you think of the upcoming draft class?

5. What would it mean to you to win a Cup?

6. If you could change one thing about your VHL career, what would it be?

7. What do you view as the key to playoff success?

8. How do you feel about the recent growth of the VHL?

9. Who is your favorite teammate in NY?

10. What is the best part about NY?

1. What do you think NY needs to do to improve this offseason?

The biggest thing is to find some active players. At all of our recent drafts, we've picked good solid players, but losing to inactivity is killing us. Hopefully we can turn that around

2. How do you think you can get better as a player?

Other than retiring and starting over? I need to work on my strength and puck handling. Maybe throw some points at checking too. Other than that, save up for regression

3. Which team do you think has the best chance of beating Helsinki?

Well Vancouver at this point. But in reality, Quik has done a great job accumulating talent and they are definitely a handful

4. What do you think of the upcoming draft class?

Every draft class seems to get better than the last. I haven't paid too much attention recently, but with all the new users in the past few months, it'll be a deep draft again for sure

5. What would it mean to you to win a Cup?

That's the ultimate goal. I'd love to win a cup one day. That's why we all are here. Or should be anyways

6. If you could change one thing about your VHL career, what would it be?

I should have been a defenseman. Then at least my low point totals wouldn't be so glaring

7. What do you view as the key to playoff success?

I'm no expert, but I'd say, good goaltending and a deep blueline

8. How do you feel about the recent growth of the VHL?

Its awesome. Seems like everyday there are new members joining up and making an immediate impact

9. Who is your favorite teammate in NY?

I've always liked @Esso2264 He's been a very good and dedicated member since he joined and I've had fun working alongside him as GMs and teammates. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can turn around NYA

10. What is the best part about NY?

Getting to watch the New York Herd lay waste to the EFL every week. They have 2 outstanding stars over there and we are all lucky to share the city with them as well

• 2 weeks later...
1. Where do you think that the New York Americans will be seeded this year?
2. Is the future looking bright for NY?
3. Which newly prospects in NY do you like the most?

4. What are your thoughts about all the trades that Esso did this off season?

5. Do you believe that NY will bring back the cup with you one day?

6. Which new player are you looking forward to play with?

7. What did you learn from the new prospects in NY?

8. What are your expectations for next season?

9. Do you think that Aleksander Rodriguez will be the dark horse and win Rookie of the year next year, or at least be a runner up?

10. Any tips for the new young guns?

1. What do you hope to accomplish this season?

2. What advice do you have for the new guys you will be mentoring this season in NY?

3. What do you think about the future of the NYA?

4. How do you think NY will do this season?

5. Who’s your favourite player in VHL history?

6. What is your long term goal in the VHL?

7. Who is your best friend on the team?

8. How long do you think will the NYA rebuild last?

9. Who do you think will win it all this year?

10. Where do you plan to live once you retire?

1. Where do you think that the New York Americans will be seeded this year?
Probably between 8th and 10th. Definitely going to struggle with all the new faces this year. But we should improve quickly.
2. Is the future looking bright for NY?
I think so. Although it was bright before and it didn't turn out well.
3. Which newly prospects in NY do you like the most?
Theres several good young guys. Aleksander Rodriguez tore it up last year in the VHLM. Hopefully he can keep it up.

4. What are your thoughts about all the trades that Esso did this off season?

I lost a lot of good friends and teammates, but hockey is a business. 

5. Do you believe that NY will bring back the cup with you one day?

I do hope so. I did sign long term here to win here

6. Which new player are you looking forward to play with?

ACL Tear is an interesting player. I'm curious to see what he is about

7. What did you learn from the new prospects in NY?

Patience 

8. What are your expectations for next season?

Itll be an experience 

9. Do you think that Aleksander Rodriguez will be the dark horse and win Rookie of the year next year, or at least be a runner up?

I think he can be a runner up for sure. 

10. Any tips for the new young guns?

work hard, be on time and carry my bags

1. What do you hope to accomplish this season?

I hope to finally pass a point per game. I'm not sure what my problem is but its wearing on me as I enter the second half of my career

2. What advice do you have for the new guys you will be mentoring this season in NY?

don't think about the wins and losses. It's going to be a long year. Just try to improve everyday

3. What do you think about the future of the NYA?

I'll save judgement till later. I thought we had a great future before but that turned sour

4. How do you think NY will do this season?

I don't think we will be Helsinki S62 bad,  but we will strugglr

5. Who’s your favourite player in VHL history?

Matt Thompson. Had his poster on my wall growing up

6. What is your long term goal in the VHL? 

I'd say hall of fame is out of the question. Maybe a championship. Maybe start small and win a playoff game or two

7. Who is your best friend on the team?

probably Carles Puigdemont. Hes like the only guy left from last year

8. How long do you think will the NYA rebuild last?

it started out great. We were the envy of the league for a short time. But the quickly faded. 

9. Who do you think will win it all this year?

tough to say. A lot of teams had great offseasons to load up

10. Where do you plan to live once you retire?

on a mountain. High above the world. Away from all the people. You dont realize how crowded new York is until you live there

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. What made you choose Seattle over other teams?

2. Why even go to free agency in the first place, if you signed back with the team that had your rights anyway?

3. What are your thoughts on being named the league's 9th best player?

4. With 25% of the season out of the way, are you satisfied with your play so far?

5. What North American team would you not want to play in a playoff series?

6. What's your opinion on crossovers in the playoffs? Should Moscow have made the show last season instead of whoever was 4th in the NA?

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, McWolf said:

1. What made you choose Seattle over other teams?

2. Why even go to free agency in the first place, if you signed back with the team that had your rights anyway?

3. What are your thoughts on being named the league's 9th best player?

4. With 25% of the season out of the way, are you satisfied with your play so far?

5. What North American team would you not want to play in a playoff series?

6. What's your opinion on crossovers in the playoffs? Should Moscow have made the show last season instead of whoever was 4th in the NA?

1 I like the area, I've found myself enjoying coffee much more and Seattle is the place for coffee. The rain is unfortunate but thats ok

2 I wanted to hear a few offers before deciding, Seattle had that headstart and made a good pitch. It came down to two teams in the end and was a very close race

3 it's a great honour. I dont feel I'm that good but I'll definitely take it

4 I feel like my entire career has been a disappointment, so this is nothing new

5 Vancouver seems to have our number, definitely need to avoid them

6 love the idea of a crossover. Its important to get the best teams in the playoffs every year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@oilmandan