Group Mentions and a Clean Up

Beketov

• Commissioner

Just a minor announcement here. As some of you may have noticed, yesterday we added a new feature to the site, the ability to mention an entire group in one go. This should help alleviate some of the giant tag copies people have kicking around because one can now simply mention an entire group. For example, if you wanted Will or I to see something you could easily do that by mentioning  @Commissioner which will tag both of us in one shot.

Hopefully we can get some groups set up for some specific use cases like VHLM players so @Tagger can easily mention new guys or stuff of the sort but so far that is not done. What was done was a bit of a clean up of our member groups so that, for example, you don't bug Sterling and Victor every time you're trying to mention myself and Will. I did what I could to remember who should have what permissions but if you happened to have lost something you need access to please let me know ASAP and I'll get it up and running for you again.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

@VHLM GM

let's see if I get notified

Based on my test you don't get notified from doing it to yourself. So far the sake of testing

@VHLM GM

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Any way to get restriction on who can use those groups ? i sometime find very annoying to be tagged for unimportant things such as this. Remove the impact of the important stuff.

There’s no way to restrict who can use the feature. However so long as people don’t abuse it by tagging the member group often or something it will be fine and actually probably fix that issue. Most stuff like that is just based on old mass tags people had lying around that we’re accurate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 3:29 PM, Beketov said:

There’s no way to restrict who can use the feature. However so long as people don’t abuse it by tagging the member group often or something it will be fine and actually probably fix that issue. Most stuff like that is just based on old mass tags people had lying around that we’re accurate.

This isn't true...

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, emidas said:

This isn't true...

It’s possible I either misunderstood or I didn’t look hard enough. I saw no way to do it with my quick scan.

• Victor unfeatured this topic