S62 World Cup GM's

Devise

21 hours ago, Devise said:

Yeah the non US/Canada Country listings for the team is in the Create a Player section. But here they are. 

Team Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland)

Team Western Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Germany)

Team World (All other countries) 

As Slovenia you fall in Team World. 

Ok so my next guy will be from Andorra just to test this out. It's between Spain and France and is definitely Western Europe geographically, but it would be funny if I was World anyway

8 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Ok so my next guy will be from Andorra just to test this out. It's between Spain and France and is definitely Western Europe geographically, but it would be funny if I was World anyway

Honestly it may make sense for us to have the Country Flag be the 5 different WC teams, with then the text field to the specific Country in question, to avoid this issue haha. So you can then choose to declare your player one time upon creation to any WC team, and be listed from any Country. There are tons of NHL examples of players born in other Countries than what they represent. Would also make figuring out who has to go where easier, because once you leave US and Canada the Portal is set up so you have to go through each country individually. Hell you wouldn't even need to create a list if we did it this way, since GM's would just have to go to the Portal and then click "World" or "Western Europe" and be shown who is eligible. 

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Honestly it may make sense for us to have the Country Flag be the 5 different WC teams, with then the text field to the specific Country in question, to avoid this issue haha. So you can then choose to declare your player one time upon creation to any WC team, and be listed from any Country. There are tons of NHL examples of players born in other Countries than what they represent. Would also make figuring out who has to go where easier, because once you leave US and Canada the Portal is set up so you have to go through each country individually. Hell you wouldn't even need to create a list if we did it this way, since GM's would just have to go to the Portal and then click "World" or "Western Europe" and be shown who is eligible. 

Mostly I was using my geography knowledge to make a joke, I can't expect you guys to cater to Andorra or even know what Andorra is, which is why World is such a good thing to have. It would just be funny because if you drew on a map an outline of the area included by the "Western Europe" countries, Andorra would be near the farthest western end of that outlined area. Same as if I made a guy from San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein, or Luxembourg. Or for Scandinavia, the Faroe Islands. The people making the league designations can't reasonably be expected to know of these places (I argue that the general knowledge level of geography is lower than it probably should be, but these are obscure even taking that into consideration).

20 minutes ago, Devise said:

If you do the drop down menu though, I could provide a list of all countries, if we wanted to make "Western Europe" include the above I could do all that and then just send it to whoever implements it into the portal.

As for your NHL examples: Craig Adams is from Brunei

30 minutes ago, JG10 said:

Any open teams? New here but I'd like to give it a shot and learn the strats and stuff of the sim. I'll need some assistance though

All the World Cup GMs are full, although someone might be willing to bring on an assistant, which would essentially give you the same opportunity to learn the sim