OTT's resurgence

Cornflakers

I'm very interested to see the numbers. I'm very interested to see someone else do the work and figure out how one of lower teams in the league, shot up so much during the season, and stole the show in the playoffs. What can be controlled. What does it mean. Does it mean anything? Can one team start out "so bad" and "get stacked" and then "moonshot" to the Founders Cup? This past season, I started too late, I could have come out the gate with high ratings, leaving me open and familiar to "rising tide lifts all ships" my teammates. I tried to help out as the weeks came closer to the playoffs. To hit as many 200 TPE players as possible. I wonder what things looked like inside OTTs dressing room. Sharing images, sharing ideas, helping others hit capped TPE. I know Tagger did an amazing job for solo artists out there. But I wonder if, at all, the success of the Lynx, were part in parcle to their educated/familiar/what have you members ... What was the official listing of teams, TPA totals, stats ... I wonder where to find that ... I can't help but be a bit baffled how they 4-0'ed HFX ... Although, I did see a theme amongst HFXers where they were purposefully capping themselves so they can start the VHLM and potentially hit insane numbers ... bit of an odd feat if you ask me, but hey, it's a free country ... 

(245 words, rip 6tpe)

Ottawa Lynx

Top 6 forwards average: 158,7 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 185,0 TPA

Starting goaltender: 200 TPA

100+ TPE players: 10

200+ TPE players: 6

Halifax 21st

Top 6 forwards average: 167,8 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 175,3 TPA

Starting goaltender: 184 TPA

100+ TPE players: 12

200+ TPE players: 5

Las Vegas Aces

Top 6 forwards average: 174,7 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 171,3 TPA

Can you really say we were a worse team? We had more capped players, the best defensive squad and one of the only two capped goaltenders in the VHLM. I guess then it comes down to tactics and luck and we clearly had the advantage in at least one of these two aspects.

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

Ottawa Lynx

Top 6 forwards average: 158,7 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 185,0 TPA

100+ TPE players: 10

200+ TPE players: 6

Halifax 21st

Top 6 forwards average: 167,8 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 175,3 TPA

Starting goaltender: 184 TPA

Las Vegas Aces

Top 6 forwards average: 174,7 TPA

Top 4 defensemen average: 171,3 TPA

Can you really say we were a worse team? We had more capped players, the best defensive squad and one of the only two capped goaltenders in the VHLM. I guess then it comes down to tactics and luck and we clearly had the advantage in at least one of these two aspects.

We do somewhat buck the conventional wisdom that forwards have more of an effect in the sim than defense. Best defense, worst forwards out of the three. The extra capped guy helps

@diamond_ace @mcwolf I was saying that DURING the year, you guys didn't "start out capped" but you had hustlers on your squad who "out TPE'ed" those of us on the Aces. Borwinn and I hit 200 TPE, umm and Pepper ... not sure if anyone else got there during the season ... So that's what I was meaning, we were consistent during the year, but then you guys "got stacked" and took the playoffs like a dark horse, even toppling HFX, although, I feel like HFX purposefully threw it so they could play another year in the vhlm /shrug