Long Off-Season Starts For Collier

RomanesEuntDomus

Long Off-Season Starts For Collier

After a surprise run into the playoffs followed by a disappointing sweep at the hands of the Helsinki Titans, the Cologne Express have startled to settle into off-season mode. While some of them are at the golf court and others have gone one a lengthy vacation, Alternate Captain David Collier is still at home in Germany after what might be the most exhausting year in his career so far. "It was a really tough year, we started with very high hopes but then they were crushed by the whole Davey Jones affair", the Winger describes, "starting a rebuild and seeing so many good guys that we've played with for years traded away wasn't easy, but at least towards the end of the regular season we found our game again and were able to gain some of our optimism back."

Right now, like so many of his colleagues, Collier spends a lot of time following the Winter Olympics, especially the hockey part of the games. "It sucks that the VHL and the IOC weren't able to get to an agreement that would have allowed us VHL-players to participate in the Olympics as well. It doesn't make much of a difference for me because Team Germany didn't qualify anyway, but I really feel for my teammates from other countries who would've had a shot to make their respective national teams."

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus