Declaration of Non-Declaration

Runny Nose

9237398.jpg

The Bratislava Watchmen didn't disappoint their fans or the critics, it's not like there's any chance for them to disappoint either way. During the regular season, the Watchmen dominated the entire league. The team is just well-built from head to toe starting from the staff to the players. Even the bench is nice. They have so far swept a few teams in the playoff and have recently put themselves 1-0 against the Rush in the final. Most of the players from this team [Watchmen] are attracting attention, plenty of it. As we all know, most of them are looking to declare after the end of the playoffs but what about the Watchmen's winger (and bench player), Kai Randal? Is he going to declare and enter the VHL after the end of the playoffs?

"No, I'm not going to. I've decided not to declare after a season from the get-go. My hockey experience is shallow and I need more work. Entering the VHL right now would possibly make me the worst player ever and that's not a cool thing. I want an enjoyable career so I'm not going to rush things, period. Here in the VHLM, I can slowly work myself up without any pressure at all. I haven't been improving lately and I'm not satisfied with my performance this season therefore this will be my way of punishing myself. It would be nice to be in the same draft pool as Brookside, Slaughter and the rest but i'm a non-conformist person and this is my decision. I'm not gonna declare until I think I've improved enough, not until I'm satisfied with my performance and if I had to play 5 seasons in the VHLM because of it then so be it. Oh and you know what they say - the hero always arrive late but when he does, he's ready than ever."

Meg is right, but you can still stay in the VHLM for a season or even longer, I'm sure the VHL-GM that drafts you will grant you that wish :). There are guys in the VHLM who have already been drafted, even top-prospects like Brookside who you mentioned, who also won't be in the upcoming draft because he was already picked last year.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

it doesn't work like that, you are in this draft no matter what

Meg is right, but you can still stay in the VHLM for a season or even longer, I'm sure the VHL-GM that drafts you will grant you that wish :). There are guys in the VHLM who have already been drafted, even top-prospects like Brookside who you mentioned, who also won't be in the upcoming draft because he was already picked last year.

Aw dang, that sorta sucks in a way but I'm totally fine with it regardless. Thanks for the information :)

Technically, Brookside was never picked. I'm a GM, so I get my player regardless, and he doesn't go into the draft. That said, he's considered a part of S36 "draft class" and just played in the minors an extra year after being "drafted" because I could get more TPE by being down (and I was at 163 TPE at the cutoff point).

Technically, Brookside was never picked. I'm a GM, so I get my player regardless, and he doesn't go into the draft. That said, he's considered a part of S36 "draft class" and just played in the minors an extra year after being "drafted" because I could get more TPE by being down (and I was at 163 TPE at the cutoff point).

I wanted to spare him the details :P