Palo talks with words [1/2]

jRuutu

maple-leafs-bruins-hockey.jpg

Calgary Wranglers is the champion of season 62, they took home the game seven and get to celebrate with the cup. Tough pill to swallow, we made it all the way to game seven just to see some other team win it, not the way we wanted to end the season, but we are still a young team that has bright future. We can use this experience right away during next season when hunt for playoff spot starts again, everybody on the team is one year older and know what it takes to go all the way, I´m confident in our roster and ability to bounce back right away and show to the hockey world what Quebec is made of!

On individual level, the year was pretty much perfect, rookie season in a team that made it into the finals and I got to play in a scoring role - as good as it gets really. The fun is not over yet though! Right away after game seven was over, I got the news from my agent - I got selected to represent Team Scandinavia in the S62 World Cup! I did not expect to be called up into international action this early in my career and especially after the season I had, the junior tournament a few months ago did not go as well as I hoped and at times in VHL I struggled to keep up with the pace of the game, but even if I say so myself, I think I looked better in the playoffs, but even then, getting the call to Team Scandinavia is a surprise.

20170408_BLP533_0.jpg

Luckily for me, I kinda know quite a few of the guys, for example, Johnsson, Viljhalmsson and Stromberg I played against in the finals. Will be fun to talk with them and see what kind of plans they have and had for cup celebrations. Stromberg also being a Finnish player helps a lot, he and Alvaro Jokinen are the two other Finnish players in Team Scandinavia this year.

To go with the trio of Wranglers players we got another trio, but this time from Toronto! Ironside, Vega and McKnight got called up for action, all three are from Sweden.  McKnight had 87 points in 72 games and Ironside 74, so a lot of scoring ability in those two guys, Vega had a tougher year, 15 points in 72 games, if I would have to guess - he will be hungry and really wants to have a positive ending to season 62.

Axelsson and Jokinen are Davos players, Axelsson is from Sweden,  he had 62 points in 72 games.  Jokinen, as mentioned, is the third Finnish player, his year was a good one as well, 57 points from the blueline.

To round up our interesting roster, we have two Norwegian players! Vaydar Odinsson is the only player from the juniors who got called up, 36 points in 72 games for Ottawa Lynx and also another 7 in the playoffs when Ottawa rolled to the championship in a dominating way. Then the icing on the cake, Arvid Aamo - our number one goalie, 66 games in season 62 - won 32 of them with save percentage of 0.899.

Overall I´d say we got an exciting team, nice mix of younger players and veteran players. What we might lose in skill at the moment we will win in teamwork. Take one game at a time and I think we will have a chance to surprise quite a few!

• 2 months later...