Best Feeling in the World [1/2]

Stoffiday

-Sports Center Theme-

Good evening, I’m Dusty Britches, and this is Sports Center.

Our top story tonight:

With the VHLM dispersal draft in the books, it would seem like Dan Montgomery and the Yukon Rush have stacked the deck for next season. One person who can’t stop smiling about it is Starting Goalie Rhett Stoffiday.

“Lord, I can’t stop grinning and laughing! Mr. Montgomery pulled off nothin’ short of a Draft day Miracle! With picks like Bailey and Shan and Sullivan, we have a team that’s going to be amazing in the future! I can’t wait to get in there and get my hands dirty with the boys!”

Stoffiday, who starts his second season, is the cornerstone which the Rush built around. The goaltender registered 16 wins in what was a season of rebuilding for Yukon. He says now that Yukon is abuzz for the hometown team, and jerseys are flying out of the team store!

“Lordy, the Kronos Bailey Jersey is a hot seller, as well as Junior Sullivan, and Kissan Shan! They’re giving my jersey a run for its money, but Lord if I ain’t excited! Hell, I bought a couple myself!” Stoffiday would admit.

“It’s an amazing feeling, having our team back. After last season, I didn’t know how the draft would go, but I’m proud to be a Rush Fan!” Jiminy Christmas, a Whitehorse, Yukon local, who has followed the team for almost a decade would state.

The Whitehorse Gang will return to Takhini Arena for pre-season action next week.

One major question for the Rush will be answered this evening: The question of where Rhett Stoffiday will be playing after Season 63.

“Lord, I don’t even know ya’ll. Yukon’s my home, and I love it. It’d be great to remain in Canada for a while, perhaps with Calgary or Toronto, and Seattle is just down the continent!  It’d also be amazing to go to New York and play for the Americans, or to Finland! We played in Oslo, Norway last season, and I got the chance to visit Scandinavia for the first time, and I loved it. I’d even love to play in Latvia, even though I’ve never been there! It’s mighty tempting to speculate where I’ll go, but I ain’t worried. I’m trusting God to put me exactly where he wants me to go!”

Stoffiday said, looking cheerful as ever.

Country Strong, just like his nickname, and stoic as ever. If Stoffiday was ever nervous, you wouldn’t know it. He’s content just being with his team, and the rest will work itself out.

“I’m blessed. I’m so thankful to get the opportunity to live up here and bring some semblance of joy to these folks. These are good people, who care about each other. Sure, I miss Nashville, and I miss Vegas, but this is where God wants me right now. I believe that. This is where I’m meant to be, and I’m gonna make the most of it. Most of all, I know my daddy’s lookin’ down and enjoying every minute!”

With Sports Center, I’m Dusty Britches.

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Best Feeling in the World [1/2]