Name: Brick Wahl

Height: 6’7

Weight: 247lbs

Born: September 1st, 1997

Draft Season:  Season 63, Undrafted

Current Team: Las Vegas Aces

Why you want him?

Style Control

Wahl can simply be described as a blocking type goalie. He uses the center of his body as the blocking area and anyone who has seen Wahl knows that is a lot of blocking area. His priority seems to be covering as much ice as he can.  Anyone who has played against Wahl knows there is no shooting through him, if you want that puck in the net you are going to have to go around him. If you’re looking to beat the Brick my advice is to avoid ground shots, shoot high, and pray he makes a mistake.

Reaction Time

It is Obvious Wahl is a big goalie don’t let that put images of a slow lumbering giant in your head. Wahl is quick on the puck, most likely due to his ability to track that illusive piece of rubber. Will Crusher the Coach of the University of Saskatchewan’s Hockey team, The Huskies, once said “It’s like Wahl’s got a homing beacon on that puck, sometimes I’ll think in all that traffic there is no way he could know where it is, then boom the whistle is blown and Wahl is handing the Ref the puck.”

Rebound Control

Like the Cougar, native to his homeland, Wahl is always ready to pounce and once he has his hands on that puck it will not be going anywhere. Wahl uses his body to his advantage and forces players to shot at him. Once that puck heads in Wahl’s direction he makes it his mission to get his hands on it. Wahl plays his position like a five-star general, if he sees the opportunity to start a play he makes it but if the situation calls for it he will hold the puck for a strategic retreat.

What needs work?

Leadership:

Putting a Brick Wahl in front of your net may be good for your score but Brick has a bit of a reputation for being stone faced in the locker room. Wahl is a goalie who formed himself into a marketable player though hard work and determination, but he is more than happy to let other players to take on a true leadership role. Wahl has said in the past “My position on this team is supportive in nature, I always have my teammates back covered. I do my best back in the net, so they can lead us home down in the other end.”

Penalty Shot

Penalty shots are proof that if you put enough pressure on  Brick Wahl you can get him to crumble.  As mentioned above Brick is all about the mental game when it comes to his goal-tending style. However his mental game seems to be what is failing him in tough one on one situations. Brick’s main issue is staying loose, you can tell just by looking at him in these situations that he tenses up.  The most likely explanation is  that because Brick is a hard worker who has fought for his every achievement, he puts a lot of pressure on himself to be the best. His Uncle Famous VHL Goalie, Brick Wahl, was a hall of famer and there is a lot of pressure on this young prospect to perform.

Skating

If you are looking for a goalie that is going to haul ass to the bench and gain your critical seconds when trying to get an extra attacker on the ice, Brick is not your man. It’s not that he is terrible at skating; it is just that he is terribly average.  And for a game that is played on ice, it is logical to think scouts want to be wowed by a player’s skills, not say “at least he’s not terrible.” It is clear that Brick is aware of this weakness because you can often find him on the ice doing skating drills. If he hopes to make it to the big leagues Wahl will need to continue to upgrade his skills.

Jordon_Cooke-J1D26002.jpg

Stats:

Season

Tm

Lg

GP

GS

W

L

T/O

GA

SV%

SO

MIN

G

A

PTS

PIM

2013-14

Moose Jaw AAA Bucks

MWHL

2013-14

Moose Jaw  AAA Bucks

Exhib.

2014-15

Swift Current Rapids

NWHL

2015-16

University of Saskatchewan Huskies

H-East

2016-17

H-East

2017-18

H-East

Brick Wahl just signed his first contract with the Las Vegas Aces. He is looking forward to the opportunity and anxiously awaiting his first game.

Edited by BladeMaiden

19 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Can't stop, wont stop.

Brick Wahl -the winter soldier

Brick Wahl- Judgement day

Brick Wahl- Back in the Habit

A Good Day to Brick Wahl

Brick Wahl: Fallout

Brick Wahl and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

The Wahl of the Brick

Man I could do this all day

Wahl and Peace (War and Peace, wait, it sounds like I'm shipping you and Rylan Peace)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Brick

The Brick Wahl Games: Catching Pucks (this one just suuuuuucks) (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)

Edited by SlapshotDragon

Review:

This was a really good and well constructed profile. Considering you are a new person, this is really good. I like how you took the time to make an actual stat chart. Very good and I can't really find anything wrong. Welcome to the League Wahl! I hope I get to play alongside you.