DAV/TOR: S62 off-season

VHL Bot

Devise is so opposed to draft picks he'll take on a bunch of older players in a year he's not really competing. For Davos, this trade is great - hell of a way to start off the rebuild. Goalie prospect in the pipeline is key, plus all the picks. For Toronto though, this confuses me. By the time they're competing, half these guys will be retired. It maybe jumps them into the window of the wild card game a season or two early, but they're not about to have a shot at a cup.

6 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Devise is so opposed to draft picks he'll take on a bunch of older players in a year he's not really competing. For Davos, this trade is great - hell of a way to start off the rebuild. Goalie prospect in the pipeline is key, plus all the picks. For Toronto though, this confuses me. By the time they're competing, half these guys will be retired. It maybe jumps them into the window of the wild card game a season or two early, but they're not about to have a shot at a cup.

No gurantee the two drafts to come are any good so I think it's a worthwile gamble. Toronto should be a solid side next season.

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

No gurantee the two drafts to come are any good so I think it's a worthwile gamble. Toronto should be a solid side next season.

Depends on how much value you put on being a solid side. Depends on if you consider being a playoff team a goal, outside of being cup contenders.

11 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Helsinki and Toronto didn't have their own 1st in 64. I have Helsinki's 1st. Davos has their own 1st. It makes no sense for Toronto not to push for the Wildcard spot in 63. This pushes pressure on the Helsinki pick (which we still have) to be a lotto. And it makes NY another competing rebuilding teams Toronto pick worse. It's a lot of assets to give up when we really aren't going for a Cup. But you don't need a lot of assets to build a good team and a core. 

I also had an overplug of goalies in the system especially considering the security of having my own goalie in pipeline. Brodeur presents a far more solid path in terms of that transition. We have a goalie now and when he's about to retire we have more pieces. Considering the value of the picks I gave away and what I still have asset wise. I'm okay with it. At the end of the day it makes more sense to push for the wildcard this season than do nothing. 

Edited by Devise

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Helsinki and Toronto didn't have their own 1st in 64. I have Helsinki's 1st. Davos has their own 1st. It makes no sense for Toronto not to push for the Wildcard spot in 63. This pushes pressure on the Helsinki pick (which we still have) to be a lotto. And it makes NY another competing rebuilding teams Toronto pick worse. It's a lot of assets to give up when we really aren't going for a Cup. But you don't need a lot of assets to build a good team and a core. 

I also had an overplug of goalies in the system especially considering the security of having my own goalie in pipeline. Brodeur presents a far more solid path in terms of that transition. We have a goalie now and when he's about to retire we have more pieces. Considering the value of the picks I gave away and what I still have asset wise. I'm okay with it. At the end of the day it makes more sense to push for the wildcard this season than do nothing. 

Yeah you having Helsinki 1st makes it make more sense. Didn't know that (I see your team giving away picks and I assume it's all of them, since it's you). This isn't as much of you trying to be in the wild card as it is you trying to make sure Helsinki isn't.

15 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

My thoughts too. Davos should be very happy owning that S65 TOR 1st.