Hatred of the Portal

Da Trifecta

F*%K The Portal

I guess it qualifies as something I can write about so here it goes. I am going to be listing below all the reasons that I hate the portal despite it being well perceived, etc.

1. I hate the portal because when I tried to find my roster, it was a lot more difficult than just clicking the team's link on the forum. I have had to ask how to find my team and that is literally unnecessary to be completely honest. I miss the old days of just being able to click the link to head to the roster section just to see who is on my team. Instead I had to click this and that and another thing just to find out who was on my team, yeah no thanks.

2. Being a VHLM GM has been a headache so far. I find out that not only do I have to post on the forum for offers and what not, now I have to yet again visit this portal stuff all over again. I mean seriously? Not having a single clue as to how to get to the free agent spot where I can make offers was more of a hassle than finding that one game you wanted during Black Friday.

3. Why is there no tutorial on how to use the portal effectively? I mean you guys can think up this portal stuff and make it, why can't you make a how to guide for those who have no idea how to use the portal? Wouldn't that be the first thing you would have done after creating the portal? I mean I have actually had to talk to people in order to find stuff out. Do you realize how much of a pain in the rear that can be?

These are just a couple things that I had to do recently which involved this portal and having to overuse the thing. I thought it would be cool and easy to understand, but I was wrong in that thought. I have had to click one too many things in order to find stuff that should be a lot simpler. I mean simplicity is the best route when doing stuff like this as it would help out cater to the new people and some people who may still be confused. While you may have gotten good feedback on it and certain people may like it, I can guarantee you there are still some out there who don't necessarily like it at all. It has become too much work for someone to actually endure when doing things. I signed up to be a VHLM GM expecting this to be a fun thing where I can help out new guys and get them involved in the league. It legit has turned into way more than that and quite frankly it's beginning to be a pain in the ass to use. It has some decent functions but outside of being completely unaware of how to use it to my full needs, it's really just became a nightmare instead of being helpful.

I found it to be slightly confusing at first. The portal updating was new and weird and at first I was like "what the fuck". Now? Updating takes me all of 15 minutes and I fly through all my weeks and that includes writing shit. 

For team management, again - it was new. 

1. Being able to sign players on the portal and free agency? I mean, meh to the free agency part because its the same shit without typing on the board, but offering players contracts on there is really cool and easy.

2. Drafting - 11/10. Hands down the best aspects of the portal for managers. The VHLM draft was fast and smooth and had maybe 1 or 2 time delays which pushed it to a 40 minutes or so draft. It was a breeze and I loved it.

3. Trading. New. Different. I don't mind posting on the sites, but I also don't mind this way either. I used to do it on the portals of GM sim leagues, so I'm very used to it. 

I have the ability to (and I do it often) edit and move players to teams etc. Trust me, it's a bigger learning curve for me, man and despite a few questions to poor old Will, I've got it and am fully 100% on board with the portal. We have something no other league has. Innovative and amazing if you ask me! 

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I found it to be slightly confusing at first. The portal updating was new and weird and at first I was like "what the fuck". Now? Updating takes me all of 15 minutes and I fly through all my weeks and that includes writing shit. 

For team management, again - it was new. 

1. Being able to sign players on the portal and free agency? I mean, meh to the free agency part because its the same shit without typing on the board, but offering players contracts on there is really cool and easy.

2. Drafting - 11/10. Hands down the best aspects of the portal for managers. The VHLM draft was fast and smooth and had maybe 1 or 2 time delays which pushed it to a 40 minutes or so draft. It was a breeze and I loved it.

3. Trading. New. Different. I don't mind posting on the sites, but I also don't mind this way either. I used to do it on the portals of GM sim leagues, so I'm very used to it. 

I have the ability to (and I do it often) edit and move players to teams etc. Trust me, it's a bigger learning curve for me, man and despite a few questions to poor old Will, I've got it and am fully 100% on board with the portal. We have something no other league has. Innovative and amazing if you ask me! 

The SBA has their own portal with things that aren't on here either, so you can't say that.