Will Scoring Stay High In VHL?

Devise

How fitting it is that the next VHL season starts the same week weed gets legalized in Canada, because with the bringing of a new season comes some fresh buds of hockey goals. That is to say, the VHL scoring say some a rise to near all time highs last season. Highs that saw a player in Podrick Cast post point and goal totals not seen since the days of the leagues inception. So the question has to be asked, much like all of Canada, will scoring be high in the VHL again this season? Can Podrick Cast come close to toppling his own numbers, are we really going to see players now start pushing the records books like we haven't seen in a long time? Or was it a one off season, and now that an influx of more goalies is slowly progressing and making it's way to prominence, will we see a letdown and a return to the decently high scoring era's of seasons past? I'm very interesting to know. 

As much as the goalies may hate it, I'd much rather see the high scoring pace continue. It's fun to see record books get chased, and award races are far more heated when you have a bunch of quality offensive players battling it out. If I had to make a prediction I think we'll wind up seeing a few players who get close to pushing a higher scoring era than we are used to, but I doubt anyone topples last seasons numbers. I don't really see it as a one and done though, more like last season was the peak high of what I think will be known as one of the more in general, highly offensive era's of the league. I do think though by S65 or S66 we could see a fullswing the other direction with a dominant goalie era. Maybe even one of the more dominant goalie era's in VHL history. We'll see though.