Jorgon Weyed - Drafted [1/2]

Joubo

“Quebec City picks, RW Jorgon Weyed with the 15th overall selection in the S63 Draft.” Says GM Beavis. The cameras pan the crowd looking for the winger to showcase on the air, but he is nowhere to be seen.

Not one for basking in the spotlight Jorgon is back in his hometown of Scarborough, watching the draft on the TV in his home gym, while he is training for the S63 VHLM season.

His phone rings, it’s the GM. “Welcome to the team Jorgon. We have high hopes for you this season.”

“I’m honoured to be joining such a prestigious team, with high hopes for the future.” “I am looking forward to training camp and showing that I can compete.”

It’s going to be a busy season and, a good pro starts in the gym. Working on fundamentals and focusing on weak spots from the year before. I want to be the most complete player on the ice and that dedication starts with a good diet and lots of weights.

The call ends and Jorgon goes back to his workout, focusing on gaining more power in his first step and more strength for his shot.

He’s not sure where he will be playing this season. He is hoping for a shot with the Meute, even if it’s just on the 4th line. If he can’t crack the roster this season, he will be back with Las Vegas in the VHLM, plying his trade and working on making himself better, maybe even for a mid-season call up.

GM Jubo07 has already let Jorgon know he will be the captain of the Aces this coming season and will be relying on him to bring it every night and show the rookies the ropes. There will be a lot of new faces in the locker room this season. I plan on getting to know each and every one of them.

I came in last season knowing that it was going to be a tough go and he flew up the ranks of the team in weeks joining the first line and helping the Aces secure second place in the VHLM.

The playoffs didn’t go exactly as planned, as the Aces were taken out in the second round, only winning one game in the series. This was a huge let down not only for Jorgon, but for the team as well. Knowing how hard every trained and prepared for this really hard and all season long.

This season coming in as a returning player for this team and having a good relationship with the GM, I know that Jorgon will really put his mark on the team and the league.

Jorgon has really become a balanced forward and plans to keep focusing on his skating, shot, and strength. He knows that his team will need to be just as good to make the playoffs and ultimately win the championship.

I will spend the next week in training camp with the Meute and from there on focus on where ever I end up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Review: Great Article! Congrats getting drafted, 15th overall aint that bad. You never know, they could be great, Gaudreau was a 4th round pick. Great article, and if you do go to the Aces, I hope you get the captainship. Only thing that I would reccomend is to seperate the paragraphs, but that's all.