Issues with the forum

Will

• Senior Admin

Does anyone else have annoying problems with quotes on mobile? 

It seems everytime I quote someone, I end up with my cursor stuck inside the quotebox. For me, I have to click the 'source' button and select all to delete everything and re-do. Cant imagine how annoying it is for those that don't have access to that button. 

Yeah, sometimes it gives me that issue as well - never thought to use the source button though lol

Also, I was talking to Beketov about this, but I've been having issues on PC as well, where I'll submit my reply, it goes into "Saving", but never actually posts while I'm on that page. If I open a new tab, or refresh the page, the post has gone through, but without doing that, it just gets stuck in Saving mode

• Senior Admin
16 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, sometimes it gives me that issue as well - never thought to use the source button though lol

Also, I was talking to Beketov about this, but I've been having issues on PC as well, where I'll submit my reply, it goes into "Saving", but never actually posts while I'm on that page. If I open a new tab, or refresh the page, the post has gone through, but without doing that, it just gets stuck in Saving mode

Everytime or just sometimes? When did it start?

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Everytime or just sometimes? When did it start?

Happened like 5 or 6 posts in a row this morning, but for the most part it's intermittent. Been more frequent the past week or so, though it happened a couple times before I went away as well.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

I second this. Although I noticed that usually if I leave the page open for 5+ minutes it does eventually stop saying saving, but if I reload the page it actually shows it does go through instantly.

6 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I second this. Although I noticed that usually if I leave the page open for 5+ minutes it does eventually stop saying saving, but if I reload the page it actually shows it does go through instantly.

Yeah, like if I hit post, and open a new tab right away, it'll be there. It actually happened with a bunch of the Brands stuff I posted on the weekend.

@Will Just happened again...

500 – Internal Server Error

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

If you are the website owner, please see Error: 500 Internal Server Error documentation for more information and possible steps to resolve the problem.

While editing the VHL Brand Sponsorship Rules/Info page. Clicked Save. Got that error, checked the site, and the post updated properly :S

Edited by Quik

• Quik changed the title to Issues with the forum

@Will, the forum's been pretty buggy the past few days for me. I've gotten the Internal Server Error message at least 5-6 times in the past 24 hours. Mobile and PC, doesn't seem to discriminate lol. But, as soon as I hit refresh, it patches back up.

500 – Internal Server Error

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

If you are the website owner, please see Error: 500 Internal Server Error documentation for more information and possible steps to resolve the problem.

• Senior Admin
4 hours ago, Quik said:

@Will, the forum's been pretty buggy the past few days for me. I've gotten the Internal Server Error message at least 5-6 times in the past 24 hours. Mobile and PC, doesn't seem to discriminate lol. But, as soon as I hit refresh, it patches back up.

I've noticed this happening too. Only thing I can think of since it started happening is that I configured caching for the forum. 

I've disabled the cache for now so let me know if you run into it again so we can rule that out. If you don't run into it again, I will investigate and try to get the cache set up properly.