Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Episode 2)

Advantage

Looking back on the timeline last week saw two pretty significant trades in the bigger picture that really helped shake the direction the New York Americans were going when I took over.  One saw the pick used to acquire Thomas Landry as a part of a deal that sent veteran Radislav Mjers the other way.  Another saw the best goaltender in the Victory Hockey League brought in to help shore up the biggest hole on the roster.  This week has a bit of quality but mostly insignificance.  

To Yp5RCrq.png
S33 SEA 3rd (LW Rick Roll)

To qA3LVOO.png
S34 CGY 2nd (D Nick Becker)

New York Americans GM: Chris Miller
Seattle Bears GM: Noah Lefevre

I don't believe either of these players did anything in the Victory Hockey League, outside of a potential tank situation.  The thought process was that while 2nd round picks are generally seen as more valuable, the Season 33 draft was a very strong and deep draft that featured many excellent players going outside the first round.  These players include Niklas Lindberg, Thomas Landry, Sebastian Ball Jr., Evgeny Namestnikov and Adam Kylrad.  However, Rick Roll never became this player sadly with the third round proving to be more of a drop-off than expected.

To Yp5RCrq.png
S35 COL 3rd (LW 'Reficul 1134)

To ewqJmFW.png
S33 NYA 4th (C Justt McCauley)

Cologne Express GM: Joey Kendrick

The now estranged Joey Kendrick probably was thinking the same thing as I was in the previous trade.  He saw some guys he liked in the fourth round while I saw little to no value past the third round.  Therefore, I took a gamble on a future draft in hopes that our recruiting would continue to do well.  Neither player made it with both toiling around as minor league players at best.

To Yp5RCrq.png
S34 TOR 2nd (RW Aelred Leskowsky)
S34 COL 3rd (G Atticus von Braxton III)

To ewqJmFW.png
(S32) D - Cody Inko

Kendrick and I teamed up on another trade, but this one definitely went in his favour.  Cody Inko, as discussed in the previous article, went on to be a very solid depth piece and have a solid career.  Neither of the picks I acquired panned out with the Season 34 draft being generally pretty weak overall.  Leskowsky never played in the VHL and Atticus von Braxton III finished his brief career with a 0-24-0 record, 7.41 GAA and .859 save percentage, and is generally considered one of the worst goaltenders to ever play in the Victory Hockey League.  Not my best trade to say the least as I couldn't make either of those picks work.

To ewqJmFW.png
S35 NYA 4th (Forfeited)

To Yp5RCrq.png
(S26) RW - Jack Voratek

For those that don't know the name, Jack Voratek actually carved out a bit of a niche during his Victory Hockey League career, as a guy that top teams could sign cheap to be their sixth forwards and fill out their roster more.  This is exactly why I traded a S35 NYA 4th or him, a pick that would later become forfeited.  Voratek would play 371 games in the VHL, and record 51 goals and 59 assists for 110 points, in the process.  Another pretty insignificant trade but I do like my asset management on this one, essentially trading nothing for a 200 TPE sixth forward.

---

Next article should be far more interesting with the Season 33 Off-Season bringing some massive changes to New York in light of their cup defeat at the hands of the Riga Reign.