S63 Regular Season Index

Will

• Will pinned this topic

@Will It's not really an error per se as he was drafted to a team but Derrick Lacroix on the Wild was a player accidentally created by the same user who has Rhett Stoffiday, so Lacroix probably shouldn't still be in the sim. 

Just now, Will said:

@VHLM GM  @Beketov

VHLM Season will kick off tomorrow with a double sim so be sure to get lines in ASAP, only at 2/6 atm

Just finished mine up - for some reason it wouldn't let me copy to future days. Not a major concern anyway, I'll have to change them a ton this season to get both goalies adequate games, just weird that the "Copy All Lines" button was grayed out

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Just finished mine up - for some reason it wouldn't let me copy to future days. Not a major concern anyway, I'll have to change them a ton this season to get both goalies adequate games, just weird that the "Copy All Lines" button was grayed out

Same here, its due to the client file actually still being under season 62.

• Senior Admin
7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Yeah didn't create the schedule yet, @Beketov will copy them for you!

• Commissioner
18 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeah didn't create the schedule yet, @Beketov will copy them for you!

If I’m not mistaken it’s less copying and more just leaving them eh? Like lines don’t change unless they are set to change.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

If I’m not mistaken it’s less copying and more just leaving them eh? Like lines don’t change unless they are set to change.

If they're left without copy, they only apply to the first game, then the game uses whatever it decides are the default lines (no double shifts, no wing crossover, straight TPE - so if you have 1 LW and 5 RW, the worst RW won't play and OTT LW1 will be on the 2nd line). It might not be possible to copy on your end, so we might all be stuck with defaults for the 2nd game of the sim - if it happens equally across all the teams, it's fair, just we'll have to put in new lines again.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

If they're left without copy, they only apply to the first game, then the game uses whatever it decides are the default lines (no double shifts, no wing crossover, straight TPE - so if you have 1 LW and 5 RW, the worst RW won't play and OTT LW1 will be on the 2nd line). It might not be possible to copy on your end, so we might all be stuck with defaults for the 2nd game of the sim - if it happens equally across all the teams, it's fair, just we'll have to put in new lines again.

That doesn’t sound right though, unless everyone has fucked up lines the entire WC and World Juniors. I had teams where I literally set the lines once and left them, they didn’t go back to default. Might just be a client side thing. Or I’m just completely out of my mind.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That doesn’t sound right though, unless everyone has fucked up lines the entire WC and World Juniors. I had teams where I literally set the lines once and left them, they didn’t go back to default. Might just be a client side thing. Or I’m just completely out of my mind.

I know for a fact it does, it did it to me in the playoffs 2 seasons ago. That's what happened when Fong wasn't on the lines, I'm sure you can recall when that happened as there was a media outrage. I'm expecting that when you set the lines for WC and World Juniors, like with 90% of the times the lines were set, the GMs selected "copy all lines" which is why it carried over. In this particular case, "copy all lines" was grayed out and not able to be selected.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I know for a fact it does, it did it to me in the playoffs 2 seasons ago. That's what happened when Fong wasn't on the lines, I'm sure you can recall when that happened as there was a media outrage. I'm expecting that when you set the lines for WC and World Juniors, like with 90% of the times the lines were set, the GMs selected "copy all lines" which is why it carried over. In this particular case, "copy all lines" was grayed out and not able to be selected.

Maybe but for the WJC most GM’s didn’t even use the client, they just PMed me lines.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Then on your end it probably copied over

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Could also be because I’m using a newer version of STHS, might have been a bug that got fixed. So far as my testing can tell lines set will remain the same unless I tell them to change.

Worst case, like you said, it will affect everyone evenly.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Could also be because I’m using a newer version of STHS, might have been a bug that got fixed. So far as my testing can tell lines set will remain the same unless I tell them to change.

Worst case, like you said, it will affect everyone evenly.

Yeah I don't know how it worked on your end. On our end, it will definitely revert to defaults. Less "worst case" and more "this will almost certainly happen" but either way, as long as it's even we're good, we just all have to do them again after the first sim.

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

I know we used to have to check the lines literally every sim because if they ran out they would auto-line, which I think is what DA is saying. But awhile back STHS started copying the last day of lines valid lines to invalid days (so someone submits 10 games of lines, the lines from the 10th game will carry forward until new lines are sent).

But I always copy them manually at the start of the season just because I'm not sure if it behaves differently when there isn't an actual game attached to the lines. 

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Will said:

But I always copy them manually at the start of the season just because I'm not sure if it behaves differently when there isn't an actual game attached to the lines

What do you mean by copy them manually then? I don’t recall seeing this option but I might just be missing seeing it.

• Senior Admin

What do you mean by copy them manually then? I don’t recall seeing this option but I might just be missing seeing it.

Open a team, go to Roster and then Copy All Rosters on the right-hand side. Back out of the roster page, go to Lines and hit Copy All Lines on the right-hand side. 

Just because since there was no schedule made when GMs created lines, the roster/lines will only be applied to GM 1 unless we copy them to the rest. 

• Commissioner

@VHLM GM I just updated the rosters without a sim; will be simming in a little bit but likely within a few hours. If you have made any signings or want to change your lines in any way with new players please send them along ASAP.