Brick Wahl Las Vagas Aces Press Confrence

BladeMaiden

With the VHLM season opener looming, Brick Wahl the new goalie of the Los Vegas Aces is taking some time to address the rumours That have been swirling around since he signed with the Aces less than 2 weeks ago.

1. What it´s like to play and live in Las Vegas?

2. Are you going to be a starter right away?

3. Is the rumour about you being a huge One Direction fan true?

4. Lets say you are in VHL in year or two from now, where should I shoot if I want to score against you? (asking for a friend)

5. As a goalie, what is your honest opinion on shootouts?

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

1. What it´s like to play and live in Las Vegas?

2. Are you going to be a starter right away?

3. Is the rumour about you being a huge One Direction fan true?

4. Lets say you are in VHL in year or two from now, where should I shoot if I want to score against you? (asking for a friend)

5. As a goalie, what is your honest opinion on shootouts?

1.) I find there are many perks that come from having my new position in Las Vegas. First of all Las Vegas is a booming city full of lots of passionate fans that have really embraced hockey and stands behind their VHLM team. Vegas also boasts both a healthy nightlife and it's climate is very temperate which is beneficial for those who lead an active lifestyle like myself. The Team has an amazing GM who tries to attract new talent to our growing team.

2.) As far as I have been told I will be the starting Goalie for the Las Vegas Aces.

3.)The rumor about me being a one direction fan is false. I have been known to sing some little mix songs in the shower though.

4.)When I finally hit the VHL I would suggest to anyone hoping to score on me to try to aim around me. I'm a big guy. A literal Wall in the net, try not to aim at me. Create a lot of traffic and pray that I get distracted.

5.) I think shoot outs are only good for one thing, making games end quickly. Do I think they are a good test of a team's skill level? No. If it was up to me would they be in the VHL or VHLM? No. I am more than happy to test my skills with the best of them but shootouts have to be the one think that I could do without in hockey.

Tagger's VHLM Questions

1) Out of the players brought in through free agency/waivers post-draft (John Madden, Bobby Power, Brick Wahl, Mark Gebauer, Evgeni Komarov, Divaani Sohva, Finn Davison, Jonathon Hill, Kyson Blake), who do you think will go on to have the best career? 

I'm just going to go out and say that Brick is going to go on to have the best career. You got to have faith in yourself right?

Edited by BladeMaiden

4 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Did you create your goalie after a real life pro or is the player fictitious?

2. What do you like about this game so far?

3. Do you play hockey in real life?

4. Do you plan on sticking around the VHL for quite awhile?

5. What are your personal goals for your player?

1.) Brick Wahl is  a 100% fictitious player. Fun fact when I joined the League I had no clue that there had been another Goalie by the same name. After I had created Brick I got  contacted by @Advantage the creator of the original Hall of Fame Brick Wahl and was told that I could use his player in my player's back story. If you ever read my biography there is a spot in it where I make the joke that Brick was sponsored by Advantage.

2.) Like all games it is only fun if you have good players that give you the drive to get involved. I have been lucky enough to be welcomed to the League by a lot of interesting personalities that keep me coming back for more each week.

3.) I do like hockey in real life. I played hockey, was actually a goalie for quite some time. I am also an Ottawa Senators fan, even though at this particular time i have a lot of problems with their organization, really hoping that they get a new owner soon.

4.)To answer your question I plan on sticking around the VHL for quite some time. It is my goal to make Brick a top tier goalie and to see his carrier blossom.  I can not think of a reason why i would quit now, I'm a competitive type of person and i'm always in it to win it.

5.) I would like to see brick win a GOTY and to eventually see him going his Uncle, also Brick Wahl, in the hall of fame. Like I said  before i'm a competitive person and if I am going to dream, I am going to dream BIG.

Tagger's Questions

5) The World Juniors cup will be happening in the near future, how likely do you think you'll be to representing your country?

I think there is a good chance that I will end up on the Canadian team as a Goalie the better question is will I be the starting Goalie. I will be competing with former WJC gold medal winning goalie Kevin Weekes ( @Lefty)  for the starting position and even though he is ahead of me currently in TPE, I plan on narrowing the gap before the juniors and giving him a run for his money, because Brick Wahl is nobody's back up.

1. Does all the trash talk between VHLM netminders help you get up for the games against those goalies?

2. There's been plenty of action on the trade front in the past few days. Do you ever worry your name might be next?

3. At your current pace you're poised to be the first goalie picked in next years draft. Is there any team you DON'T want to go to?

4. How are you enjoying the VHL universe so far?

5. Have you had a chance to explore any of the VHL affiliate leagues yet?

1. Who would you say is your idol in the Victory Hockey League? (VHL or VHLM player)

2. Goals for this season?

3. Any weird pre-game rituals?

4. You and Peace seem to have a rivalry going, how do you feel about the 2 goal game he had against you?

5. If you weren't an Ace, what team would you want to be in?

6. Thoughts on Ryuu Crimson?

On 10/29/2018 at 12:42 PM, oilmandan said:

1. Does all the trash talk between VHLM netminders help you get up for the games against those goalies?

2. There's been plenty of action on the trade front in the past few days. Do you ever worry your name might be next?

3. At your current pace you're poised to be the first goalie picked in next years draft. Is there any team you DON'T want to go to?

4. How are you enjoying the VHL universe so far?

5. Have you had a chance to explore any of the VHL affiliate leagues yet?

1.) The trash talk between all the Goalies in the VHLM is definitely  a result of the having many highly driven goalies who have similar goals. None of us like to lose and we all want to have the best record and lead our teams to victory. The trash talk defiantly come from a place of being willing to compete for that #1 slot  and wanting to win at all costs.

2.)I was next, but that is not a bad thing I had a great time in Vegas and now that I'm back home in Canada with Saskatoon I couldn't be happier. I've been lucky enough to be part of 2 amazing organizations in the VHLM and I think that both these teams have had a lot of do with my development up to this point.

3.)I don't think I would be a great fit in New York their Club Culture probably wouldn't be ideal for me.

4.)The VHL universe is has been very fun for me so far. It is always easier to get involved in a universe when  other people are participating, literally the best part of this League. 

5.)No, I did not even know there were affiliate Leagues.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:13 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. Who would you say is your idol in the Victory Hockey League? (VHL or VHLM player)

2. Goals for this season?

3. Any weird pre-game rituals?

1.) Stopko and Pepper

2.) I'm want to win a cup! I would say GOTY but I feel like I am world behind Mertz and Stofiday at this point, I mean they both have a year on me...

3.)Wahl 100% cranks the tunes and dances to get loose before his games, it helps him get pumped up! He also wears 2 different color socks under his goalie pads, rumor has it that on his first win when he was a boy he discovered he put on mismatch socks and he has been wearing them like that ever since. 

1. Are you excited that the WJC is starting soon-ish?

2. How do you like that first job as WJC Co-Commish?

3. How was the transition from Las Vegas to Saskatoon?

4. Who's the VHLM GOTY so far?

5. Who goes first in the next VHL Entry Draft?

6. Who would win in a fight: Pepper or McWolf?

Edited by McWolf

3 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. Are you excited that the WJC is starting soon-ish?

2. How do you like that first job as WJC Co-Commish?

3. How was the transition from Las Vegas to Saskatoon?

4. Who's the VHLM GOTY so far?

5. Who goes first in the next VHL Entry Draft?

6. Who would win in a fight: Pepper or McWolf?

Thank You @McWolf for asking me questions for my press conference this week, you're the best ;)

1.) As this is my first chance to compete in a new format I am very excited. I love getting to see Brick being put to the test by the best and this will give me a better idea on how he will do in the VHL.  It also doesn't hurt that I got more involved with the WJC by being a Co Commissioner for the tournament and it has been a lot of fun seeing all the background work that goes in to an event like this.

2.)I am really appreciative that for my first job in the league that I was able to tag team it with such an amazing partner. It is always easier to step into a role when you are given guidance and encouragement. Honestly, everyone involved with making sure the tournament happened was positive and fun to work with and I look forward to opportunities where I may be able to help again in the future.

3.) I think that the transition has been tough, I never thought I would be traded by Las Vegas. I thought I was a really great fit for that organization but obliviously they saw more value in trading me than keeping me. It stings a little to see them do well without me but I'm part of Saskatoon now and I still want what i wanted at the beginning of this season. I want a cup and I am very determined to make that happen for my team. The Saskatoon Locker room is very positive and supportive which make it easy for us to focus on our shared goal of VHLM domination.  

4.) If anyone other than Myself or @Stoffiday get GOTY, There will be a roar like no other heard in the Thunderdome that day. No shade, at this point it is most likely going to be Rhett.

5.) Ryan Sullivan Jr., it is never a bad time to grab a d-man with over 215 TPE @Advantage built himself a beast of a player. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have that guy be my  1st line d-man any day.

6.)In a physical fight Mcwolf would win, the only thing Pepper could successfully hurt is someones feelings.  If it was a verbal showdown i'm sure pepper would cause the most emotional damage by flaming ppl to death.

6.b McWolf vs Wahl .) I see That McWolf has 68 penalty minutes with the NYA. I think the better question is why would a goalie and a d-man from another team start a fight but all that aside  I do think that Brick would be able to hold his own. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be much of a fight usually when someone touches a goalie the whole bench gets involved. If my team did not intervene I think it would be a toss up if McWolf(6'2") could reach Wahl's(6'4") head. McWolf might have to fight dirty to get over Wahl's size advantage but if he did he would have the bragging rights of single-handedly taking down the Great Wahl of Saskatoon, so maybe it would be worth it. In the end I think McWolf's experience in fighting situations gives him the edge but I never count Brick out, even when he is against the ropes (he's a fighter).

Edited by BladeMaiden

• 3 weeks later...

1. This season's Themed Point Task had you write or make a graphic about the upcoming Sponsor's Shield Tournament and the brands that will compete in it. 
(if you are associated with a brand) Which brand do you think has the best roster?
(if you are not associated with a brand) Which brand would you like to represent?

As a member of the Ubuyalot Games Brand I of course have a lot of confidence in my team mates abilities to get things done. I believe that all the teams have their strengths and weaknesses and it will be interesting to see what the tournament brings!

2. What would you like next season's theme to be?

All star Rookies vs Pros might be interesting for the VHL

3. Who has your vote for the VHLM's MVP so far in this season?

I'm going to shamelessly suggest that I could be a contender for MVP this season. While My stats don't speak of me being the best goalie in the league my teams position in the league has greatly improved since I joined. Our games won have really increased and I have been one of the most aggressive TPE earners in the VHLM. There are many players In the VHLM who could deserve this title for many different reasons, but I am taking this public opportunity to say  "Why not Wahl?".

4. If you had the choice between every job possible in the league, which one would you do? (you can say none if you want to only be a player, it is fine)

I would love a job like the one I did as co-commissioner of the WJC. Anything really that uses my social skills, I really enjoyed promoting the event. Can that be a job? Can I be a promoter??

5. I am going to release a mock draft early next week. Let's put you up with the same task; who will be the first 4 picks of the draft?
1st pick (DAV) - 
Brick Wahl <---they are going to want an upgrade to an active goalie 
2nd pick (NYA) - LW Eliash Dahlberg

3rd pick (HSK) - C Ryan Zabby
4th pick (NYA from TOR) - C Mark Gebauer

6. Do you read the weekly Newsletter? Is this stuff interesting for you?

Yes, I do read it, I do find it very interesting and when i was just starting out in the league it is how i learned how to do my task points!

Edited by BladeMaiden

1. Who do you think is the hardest player to play against in the VHLM

2. What part of your game needs the most work

3. How are you preparing for playoffs

4.  What was it like being traded from Vegas to Sask

5. Who's the better chirper, Dahlberg or Wahl (there's a right answer and it's not Wahl)

@BladeMaiden

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

On 12/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, Banackock said:

@BladeMaiden

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

1.)Trump and Trudeau have come to their battle to the death with the agreement that they can only fight with what they can sneak past the metal detectors in the Parlament building.  Trump came in confident that a Canadian pretty boy like Trudeau could never bring him down. Trumps weapon of choice a toupee garrotte.  Trudeau knowing he was going to be underestimated and having home feild advantage used a weapon of convince a pair of decorative moose antlers. It was a close battle but Justin’s youth and homfield advantage played out in his favour.  The fight ended with Trudeau jamming an antler into Trumps head, When his body was collected Trump had a set of moose antlers imbedded in his Skull. Trudeau’s only comment to the American people after this was truly Canadian he apologized, “I’m sorry I didn’t do this sooner, and you’re welcome”

2.) there are a lot of answers to this riddle but the most likely one you’re looking for is a pig, because once it is bacon and it’s cooking it smells so damn good!!

3.) I think this will just give away how Canadian i am but my favourite sports are hockey ? and curling ? ! My NHL team are the Ottawa senators. I do watch baseball in the spring and summer, I cheer for the blue jays with the more hardcore fans in my family.

4.)I like the Fact that you think I had to look them up, I knew exactly who I was going to pick for each immediately.  Fuck Beyonce ( obviously she is hot as hell but a total diva, too much to deal with on a daily basis), Marry Margot Robbie (Beautiful, Smart and Social sign me up) and Kill Blake Lively (because Ryan Reynolds Deserves better lol)

5.) I think it would be neat to have a tool that allows you to control your electronics with your mind, eliminating the need for physical typing.  ( not sure this was the beautiful invention you were expecting lol) 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, Nykonax said:

1. Who do you think is the hardest player to play against in the VHLM

2. What part of your game needs the most work

5. Who's the better chirper, Dahlberg or Wahl (there's a right answer and it's not Wahl)

1.) For me it is hardest to play against my past teams on Vegas like @Esso2264 and @DilIsPickle. It is a constant struggle to be stuck between wishing them the best and having to be selfish and wanting the best for myself as well

2.) Being able to hold on to a lead... this is kind of obvious.

3.)Of Course Wahl is the better chirper, Dahlberg definitely gives out a greater quantity but the quality of what Wahl dishes out is just of a higher Caliber. Their shit talking philosophy are really different. Wahl says what he needs to and says it well and is willing to accept he has shortcomings. While Dahlberg seems to bury ppl with a lot of unoriginal mediocre chirps and is unable to see any faults in himself. Truly they are very different people. Lastly, Dahlberg only fights for himself, while even though Wahl has often thrown chirps at others unprevoked he also jumps to the defence of others.

Edited by BladeMaiden

1. Who's going 1st overall in the upcoming VHL draft and why is it Alexander Pepper?

2. Do you have any ideas on how best to address the growing goalie supply in the VHLM and beyond?

3. Is there any VHL mechanic that seems to only be done 'because it's always been done that way'? And how would you change it?

4. Rank your 3 favourite members. No, really. No lying.

5. What was it like the first time you claimed your senior's discount at the grocery store?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Were you upset to fall out of the first round despite being the second best prospect available? 

2. How did you feel when Calgary finally called your name in the second round? 

3. Are you looking forward to sharing the net with a VHL great in Broduer? 

4. The Peace vs. Wahl rivalry is back, does being former teammates add to the competitiveness? 

5. What is your goals as a VHL goaltender now? 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:35 AM, Sonnet said:

1. The time has come. Where do you think you'll end up in the draft?

2. Do you and Davidson have any side bets on which of you two will get drafted first?

3. What's the first thing you're going to buy with a VHL contract?

4. With a Founder's Cup already under your belt, what do you consider your next major goal?

5. Are you going to call up anyone for advice in the big leagues, or do you think you can handle it on your own?

2.) Of course we had bets. I think @Poptart was hoping that @Bushito would keep to his original position about not drafting me but I was very persistent and basically hounded Bush until he drafted me. I think that he saw I was willing to give up a lot for the good of the team and decided to go with the pick that had Calgary on the brain since earlier on in the season when I contacted him to see if a spot would be opening and let him know that is where I would like to be. 

3.) First thing I'm buying might surprise a few people but my mom always wanted a dishwasher when I was growing up so I intend on getting he the best one money can buy.

4.) My next major goal was a VHL Starter position, I want to be in the HoF. I have made no secret about that. I hope to  slowly build myself up to be one of the best goalies of my era and join my Uncle Brick (Wahl) @Advantage in the HoF. For now I will settle for making a positive contribution to my new team.

5.) I met Norris Stopko  from being on UB (UBuyalot) Games in the Brand Tournament. He was really helpful in  mentoring the next stage of Growth in my career. I look forward to seeing how these changes will take shape once i start to play in the VHL and I really appreciated his advice. While I was in the minors I had a lot of help from Alexander Pepper but i decided to go in a different direction for My VHL Career, as he method seemed to be very effective for him but was not effective for me personally.

Thank-you Sonnet for your questions.

13 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Were you upset to fall out of the first round despite being the second best prospect available? 

2. How did you feel when Calgary finally called your name in the second round? 

3. Are you looking forward to sharing the net with a VHL great in Broduer? 

4. The Peace vs. Wahl rivalry is back, does being former teammates add to the competitiveness? 

5. What is your goals as a VHL goaltender now? 

1.) Contrary to what most people would believe I was in contact with both teams that were most likely to pick me up during the draft. I knew where my draft number would be hanging around and I was ok with it. I was forced with the choice to choose between going 9th  to Davos and Time-sharing with Stoffiday or Going to Calgary 12th but being given a Starting Position. @ShawnGlade asked me my preference and drew a picture of me being on Calgary and them not being competitive for at least a few seasons , saying that a starting position wouldn't give me a shot at the cup. Having just won a cup in the VHLM I told him I would rather secure my starter then fight it out with goalie who i consider to be my friend. I did add in that not matter his decision I would keep gaining TPE at my current rate and proving myself to be the best rookie Goalie.

2.) I felt like all my hard work had finally amounted to something, I did everything I could to get myself in that lineup. If I am honest though I wasn't really done worrying until after all my other fellow goalie got drafted. This was a tough draft year for us all and I was happy to see Divaani Sohva @Sohva and Finn Davison @Poptart find their own homes in the VHL. 

3.) Peace as you are well aware Brick has a problem with sharing. However, Broduer comes with a lot of great experience and will be a mentor for Brick who hasn't defined himself in the VHL Yet.

4.) "Peace's favorite thing to do in practice was just rocket off shots at me, his attitude about scoring on me has never changed and nor do I expect it to. He is a forward and I am a Goalie, it is the natural way if things that he wants to score and I aim to save. He likes to win and so do I. It would be easy to start a rivalry with him but this season my focus is with my new team and coaches. Players are going to score on me that is a fact, but i will do my job and try to minimize that. At this point the only forward who i want to think about in relation to myself is Carles @Eudaldkp.

5.) I just want to prove that i deserve this shot I have been given. I will continue to work hard and show my team that I have their back. I look forward to working with The Wranglers top notch D-men @Symmetrik Cayden Saint, Johannes Vihjalmsson and @Elhandon Lando Baxter.

Edited by BladeMaiden

8 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1.) Contrary to what most people would believe I was in contact with both teams that were most likely to pick me up during the draft. I knew where my draft number would be hanging around and I was ok with it. I was forced with the choice to choose between going 9th  to Davos and Time-sharing with Stoffiday or Going to Calgary 12th but being given a Starting Position. @ShawnGlade asked me my preference and drew a picture of me being on a train wreck in Calgary, saying that a starting position wouldn't give me a shot at the cup. Having just won a cup in the VHLM I told him I would rather secure my starter then fight it out with goalie who i consider to be my friend. I did add in that not matter his decision I would keep

I wanna make it clear to everyone I didn't say Calgary was a trainwreck, that would be pretty rude of me. My argument was that Wahl would have the starter job in Calgary but they wouldn't compete. Conversely, Wahl wouldn't be the starter here necessarily but Davos would be competing in a season or two

15 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

I wanna make it clear to everyone I didn't say Calgary was a trainwreck, that would be pretty rude of me. My argument was that Wahl would have the starter job in Calgary but they wouldn't compete. Conversely, Wahl wouldn't be the starter here necessarily but Davos would be competing in a season or two

You are right the phrase ‘train wreck’ was never used but you pretty much just keep saying it in a more ploite way. Anyways, I didn’t mean to prase it that way to get you into trouble, somethings get a little out of context when you summarize days worth of conversations in 5 sentences. I edited the interview so it is less colourful now :)

Edited by BladeMaiden

1. Who's going to win RoTY

2. Your involved with the VSN - how is that going

3. What do you think of your new team

4. How are you preparing for the first couple of games of the season

5. Are you intimidated going into the VHL this season?

1. How was your holiday?

2. You didn't play a game yet, do you think you will play a big role this season?

3. How many match do you think you will play in?

4. Puppies or Kitties?

5. Who's the player you're looking to disappoint the most by making a save on them?

1. You’ve finally started some games for Calgary, did they go the way you expected or were you disappointed in your effort?

2. You’ve accomplished your first career milestone by earning your first VHL victory in an impressive performance. How did it feel? 

3. At Calgary’s current pace, where do you envision them when the season ends? 

4. If you were allowed to pick one other player from any VHL team, who would it be and why? 

5. What’s your take on the leagues recent drama spell?

On 12/24/2018 at 12:38 PM, ShawnGlade said:

To be honest we just started our rebuild this season and are already ahead of Davos. But for some context, I took over my GM position with zero picks or assets and build the team up and went to the playoffs the past, finals the past 3, won the cup. Calgary will be in good hands and Wahl will win a title here. 

2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

To be honest we just started our rebuild this season and are already ahead of Davos. But for some context, I took over my GM position with zero picks or assets and build the team up and went to the playoffs the past, finals the past 3, won the cup. Calgary will be in good hands and Wahl will win a title here. 

"already ahead of davos" yeahhhhhhhh i dunno man. and I applaud you, you've done good work, and i hope wahl does win a title there. my piece was that davos is coming out of a rebuild while calgary is entering one

3 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

"already ahead of davos" yeahhhhhhhh i dunno man. and I applaud you, you've done good work, and i hope wahl does win a title there. my piece was that davos is coming out of a rebuild while calgary is entering one

Yeah just entering one and we already nearly have a full 11 man roster with 2 actives in the minors and a top 3 pick this season with my GM player coming soon. I will break the league TPE record again with my next center. It’ll be fun though, Davos was our main rival last go around so it’ll be fitting if they are again.