John Madden Shocked at Sudden Season Start

Thranduil

Earlier today it was announced that the VHLM season would be kicking off today. No one had expected it. There had been rumors that it wouldn't get underway until next week but it seems some last-minute changes were implemented and immediately put into effect. The short notice shocked many players, including Oslo left winger, John Madden.

"As soon as I heard the news, I starting freaking out," says Madden

"I was thinking to myself 'What am I gonna do? I'm super out of shape and not mentally prepared to play my first game!' I kept telling myself that I was sure to screw up and at times I felt like throwing up. I was so nervous for what was to come. It all changed when my general manager, Shawn Glade gave me a call and reminded me that it is only the pre-season and that there's no pressure on me to do anything special. Since it was under such short notice, even he didn't really know what to do. He gave me the reassurance that no one else had expected the early start any more than I had.

Being a lot more relaxed, it was easier for me to prepare. I was able to lift some weights in my garage (although not very many as my off-season inactivity made it tough), eat a salad and get in some last-minute shooting practices before coming down to the rink. I'm a little concerned about how my form was looking but at least I have a bit of time before the regular season gets underway to get that perfected. I hope my first game goes well, but even if it doesn't, I'm just grateful that I've been given this opportunity to play for the Halifax 21st on a daily basis."

297 words

Written by Thranduil

Edited by @Thranduil