Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 3/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, DarkSpyro said:

1. If you had to relate your players “play-style” to any NHL player/ goalie, who would it be? (ie. Spyro’s play-style is similar to Jonathan Quick.)

2. How are you feeling about your player’s stats so far?

3. If the playoffs started right now, do you think we would be cup contenders? 

4. Do you expect to see any more roster changes before the trade deadline?

5. What do you think our final Win/ Loss Record for the regular season (S71) will look like?

6. What is your go to drink to stay hydrated on the bench?

7. Who do you predict we will be having troubles with this season?

8. What is your favourite arena/ city to play in and why?

1. A mix between Filip and Peter Forsberg

2. They are decent but not enough to put him to the next level in terms of greatness.

3. I think we would have a real shot like every year but you never know.

4. Not really, but I trust our GM to do the best for the team and that might mean moving some more people for the future of the pack.

5. Above 50% win rate

6. Water, Always do some water.

7. I think Freeman will not be as good in the future.

8. Nashville with Exhibition every now and then.

1. If you had to relate your players “play-style” to any NHL player/ goalie, who would it be? (ie. Spyro’s play-style is similar to Jonathan Quick.)

Erik Johnson

2. How are you feeling about your player’s stats so far?

Wish they were better but I had expected things to be rough for me.

3. If the playoffs started right now, do you think we would be cup contenders? 

Who knows.  The team isn't doing as well as it has been in the past, but maybe this is the year we would really turn it on in the playoffs.

4. Do you expect to see any more roster changes before the trade deadline?

I'm not sure to be honest.

5. What do you think our final Win/ Loss Record for the regular season (S71) will look like?

A little above 50% win rate, with a decent number of OTL as opposed to pure L.

6. What is your go to drink to stay hydrated on the bench?

Water or Lime Gatorade.

1. We have had some big trades recently, how do you feel about them?

2. We have  signed/re-signed the majority of the team long term, are you happy with our core?

3. If there was a middle division between the VHL and VHLM (and the big league teams would be affiliated with the middle tier like NHL-AHL-CHL), what would you name the Vancouver Wolves farm team?

4. Which prospect(s) are you expecting/ hoping to see in the lineup next season?

5. Who would you consider to be the Wolves locker room Leader(s)?

6. [For Players] What is your twig of choice (and the flex rating you prefer to use)?

7. [For Goalies] What brand(s) of gear do you use?

8. What is your personal goal (for your player) by the time we reach the playoffs?

Edited by DarkSpyro

Well, I'm glad the NYA trade brought me here, I love it so far. As for anything else - I try not to think about it too hard.

2. We have  signed/re-signed the majority of the team long term, are you happy with our core?

I love the locker room and think I have a good spot here in Vancouver. How can I not?

3. If there was a middle division between the VHL and VHLM (and the big league teams would be affiliated with the middle tier like NHL-AHL-CHL), what would you name the Vancouver Wolves farm team?

The Cape Breton Condors... The Banff Bulls? Cabot Trail Campers. Montreal Mesos! Sydney Scallops.

Spyro, Wang and Garsh have all been the guys I noticed most in the LR... But Spyro the most. Beaviss has been quite good too, ofc.

6. [For Players] What is your twig of choice (and the flex rating you prefer to use)?

The trainers usually help me out, I like just about your average stick. Plenty of Flex.

8. What is your personal goal (for your player) by the time we reach the playoffs?

It's probably a stretch, but 600, or even 650 TPE would be nice imo.

Edited by David O'Quinn

On 4/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, DarkSpyro said:

4. Which prospect(s) are you expecting/ hoping to see in the lineup next season?

7. [For Goalies] What brand(s) of gear do you use?

1. I feel torn I understand trades need to happen and people need to move but Every player in our locker-room is a great person and hope that they do great.

2. I think our core is great on and off the ice.

3. Depends on where it is. If it is in Vancouver and is managed by the wolves pups would be fun btu not the best for showing pure strenght.

4. Joe Proto looks like a good dude who can do some great things.

5. Spyro is doing a great job at keeping people active.

6. Bauer

8. Reach top of goals list.

I feel fine about them.  You hate to see teammates go but that's part of the business.

I'm part of the core for the future so yeah I'm happy about it.  It should be exciting to watch our young group grow.

Maybe something like the Howlers or something.

Probably that Joe Proto guy.

I use a Bauer Supreme ADV.  For flex rating I hover between 85 and 95.

Keep up my defensive numbers and have more points than the less active roster members.

I think they have worked out so far. Our team has been on a tear recently so something seems to have worked.

I am really happy with the core we have built here in Vancouver.

Joe Protato.

Probably Spyro and Beav.

I like to use a nice Sherwood.

I just want to see the team win. I want us to get as high a seed as possible.

Answer 6 of the following for 2 Capped TPE:

1. Which other team(s) in the league would you consider the Wolves rival(s)?

2. Which team do you think is the most likely to meet up with us for the 1st Round of the Playoffs?

3. What do you think our team’s greatest strength is?

4. With the Trade Dead-Line upon us, do you think the Wolves will make any more moves this season?

5. Who do you think our team’s MVP (on the ice) is this season?

6. Do you prefer playing in our Home arena (in Vancouver) or playing Away games as the visiting team?

7. Would you want to join me and DoktorFunk on the DaSLN podcast as a guest?

8. Who would you like to see become a GM or an AGM (for any team) in the future?

41 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

2. Which team do you think is the most likely to meet up with us for the 1st Round of the Playoffs?

4. With the Trade Dead-Line upon us, do you think the Wolves will make any more moves this season?

6. Do you prefer playing in our Home arena (in Vancouver) or playing Away games as the visiting team?

8. Who would you like to see become a GM or an AGM (for any team) in the future?

1. Calgary, obviously. We have some former Wild here, and locationally we're rivals aswell. 

2. I wouldn't be surprised to meet Toronto in the first round, if I understand the PO format correctly. 

3. The top end. We have some spectacular players on the 1st pair and 1st line, im not sure about our depth but we aren't missing stars.

4. Nah, I think after that blockbuster the wolves are done besides maybe acquiring some picks? 

5. It's gotta be triple H. He's physical, he's scoring, he's playmaking... triple H! 

6. At home. After a hard-fought won or defeating loss... exiting the arena to the view of the mountains... nothing like it. (Speaking from IRL experience here too)

On 4/13/2020 at 1:56 PM, DarkSpyro said:

1. Seattle hands down.

2. Seattle because God hates us.

3. Our team coheasion.

4. Not anymore I think we are done.

5. HHH

6. Home always

7. Sure

8. I want to take over as GM in 5 years when Beaviss finally stops being GM.

Definitely Seattle, I think the team and the fans have chips on their shoulders from recent playoff match-ups. 

Hard to say, with how crazy the standings are right now.

I think we are probably done with trades for the remainder of the season.

Probably HHH.

Home, having the fans on your side is super important.

No, that doesn't interest me much at this time.

Definitely the Seattle Bears.

I personally think we have made our moves for the year at this point, a lot has changed.

HHH is on a whole new level these days.

Home games for sure.More comfortable.

It is always possible, I'm not sure I have anything interesting to say though.

RJF seems like a good choice.

Answer any 6 Questions for 2 capped TPE:

1. With the TDL now behind us, were there any trades that caught you by surprise this season?

2. It’s theme week and this season’s theme is Recruitment! Thinking back to when you first joined the league, what was it that got you into this Sim League?

3. Who would you consider to be your player’s rival in the league?

4. What on-ice skill is your player most known for? 

5. Freeman got promoted to AGM! How do you feel about him being selected?

6. What are your expectations for the remainder of the season and do you think we can hold on to a playoff spot?

7. Which do you prefer to make for your Point Task? Graphics, Media Spots, or Podcasts?

8. If it was an option, would you be interested in creating Videos as a method to earn TPE?

Edited by DarkSpyro

1. With the TDL now behind us, were there any trades that caught you by surprise this season?

My own! I guess thats the easy answer, but I had felt given up on (moslty) in New York, through no fault of their own, this trade not only surprised me but reinvigorated 

Most likely passing. Dating back to my VHLM days, O'Quinn has just been an assist machine... just the way I like it. 

He's knowledgable, hard working, he cares... what else need I say?

6. What are your expectations for the remainder of the season and do you think we can hold on to a playoff spot?

Well, we're in 1st place... so yeah. 

7. Which do you prefer to make for your Point Task? Graphics, Media Spots, or Podcasts?

I prefer being on someone elses podcast ? but for original works, Media spots do it for me. 

8. If it was an option, would you be interested in creating Videos as a method to earn TPE?

I would totally edit together videos for fun to get TPE if I had the time or opportunity. But that's quite a time consuming task, not sure it'd be worth just 6 tpe. 

Edited by David O'Quinn

1. Which other team(s) in the league would you consider the Wolves rival(s)?

Most likely Seattle, we always seem to be pitted against them within the conference.

New York at this rate, they’re the scariest team in the league to play against at the moment.

Depth, we have the players who can preform at the highest level for all facets of our team.

Honorary pick swap with NY likely.

Shockingly enough HHH stepped up to carry the pack this season, despite a memed history of underperforming.

Always like being on if you ever want me back lol

Our trade with Riga was certainly surprising (to me at least).

I don't know that I have one, maybe I'll develop one at some point in my career though.

I think playing physical hockey.

I don't know him super well but I think he seems like an alright guy, so I think it's good.

Why maybe not mathematically impossible for us to not make it, I say it's pretty much a lock for us at this point.

I think there could be some cool things done with video, not sure I have the tools or the skill set to pull them off.

2. It’s theme week and this season’s theme is Recruitment! Thinking back to when you first joined the league, what was it that got you into this Sim League?

I'm an OG. Drafted season one and I was brought in by my cousin who was one of the founding members.

With the way he is currently playing? Himself.

Being mediocre, but also his defensive play.

There could not have been a better choice.

Championship or bust.

Normally I am a media spot guy, but I'd love to learn to make graphics.

Answer any 6 questions for 2 capped TPE:

1. What was your favourite moment of the Season 71 regular season?

2. What is your mindset going into these playoffs this time around?

3. Who would you say has improved the most this season?

4. Who was the most underrated this season?

5. Who do you think will be nominated for the all star game?

6. Where is the first place you would want to take the Cup to celebrate?

7. If you resigned here, what made you want to stay a Wolf?

8. What do you think our team’s identity was this season?

Edited by DarkSpyro

Being traded to the Wolf pack

Same thing it was back in Yukon...help win the cup while carrying HHH's ass when he disappears.

Me.  I went from Davos to Vancouver.  The bottom to the top...you can't get any better than that!  It's like I walk into a hotel and have no reservations.  Then suddenly they move me to the penthouse.

HHH, no one gives him credit.  Sure I talk about him not carrying his weight all the time, but he does, he's just wasn't consistent in Yukon...plus our GM insisted on playing him centre and me on the wing.  HHH was more of a natural winger at that stage in his career.  I think he's smartened up... I like to think that was my influence on him.

The Davos GM...took a lot to get someone to see through the stats that Davos players put up and get me out of there.

I already did that in Las Vegas.

The need to keep HHH on the right path...we don't want him to go off the rails and start crouch chopping everyone.  Someone needs to keep him in check, looks like the Beavs has tagged that as my job.

Wolves hunt together (I modified Ducks fly together, but it works)

1. What was your favorite moment of the Season 71 regular season?

Scoring my first career VHL goal!

I'd love to say I'm 100% confident since we finished number one, but we did not do well against Calgary this season.

I'm not sure honestly, I think everyone has been working hard.

HHH, Freeman, Davison should be auto includes imo.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY LAND!

I think we rely heavily on guys like HHH and Freeman for offense, next year we will most likely need to take a more team based approach as 2 long time and high performing wolves are retiring.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, DarkSpyro said:

Answer any 6 questions for 2 capped TPE:

1. Getting to the playoffs again for another year..

2. We need to do our best and work hard.

3. Our back up goalie. I think next season he will be the starter

4. Our D core. They have been great.

5. HHH, Freeman

6. Vancouver the town needs another parade.

7. Im a wolf until they get ride of me.

8. Work hard. 

Probably the game where I nabbed my first career hat trick. A special career moment for me.

I just want to make it as far as we possibly can.

Jimmy Spyro has really impressed me.

HHH and Freeman of course.

To my hometown for sure.

Balanced offense and a strong back end.

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. Getting tossed by Seattle in the Conference Finals sucks, what should we have done differently after we started to go down in the series?

2. What are your plans for this offseason?

3. What are your expectations for next season?

4. Who do you think will win the S71 Cup?

5. Who do you think our top individual playoff performer was for S71?

6. Do you prefer Surf or Turf? 

7. What is our biggest weakness as a team and is it going to get better or worse for S72?

8. Are you excited to play in the S71 AllStar game?

Edited by DarkSpyro

1. Getting tossed by Seattle in the Conference Finals sucks, what should we have done differently after we started to go down in the series?

Got on HHH's case more...this is his MO - disappear when needed.

Same thing I do every offseason...pinky and the brain world GIF

To play, to win, to be there for HHH.  He needs me to bring out the best in him.  Also for him to actually do something in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter anymore.

Matthews...it's not all about stats...

I've never really been a surfer, more of a football and soccer player.

7. What is our biggest weakness as a team and is it going to get better or worse for S72?

HHH, probably worse, everything goes to his head.

I just can't wait...but how did I get in there?

22 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. I don't know what we should do better, I need to do better and get more goals.

2. Train hard. Im getting older and need to make sure that Im in top shape for next season.

3. Another playoff trip and hopefully a good win.

4. I think both teams are good. Its anyones game.

5. I don't know. Its tough. We play and lose as a team and with that I don't know who the top performer is.

7. I think we need some more playmaking. I hope it gets better.

8. Kinda wish we were playing in the finals more.