Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

21 hours ago, Emi said:

Another Edition of Assistant GM asks:

1) What are you doing to prepare for the start of the new season?

2) What did you do during the off-season?

3) Are you scared of being rusty in the pre-season games?

4) What is your main goal this season?

5) What films have you seen lately?

6) Looking back at some of the VHL greats who do you think would improve your team right now?

7) Last season wasn't so great for us but how do you think we can improve?

1. Probably anything other than Whisky and squats

2. I worked on my shot a lot, it has gotten a lot better since my first season in the M.

3. I'm not scared of being rusty at all, I've done enough work in the off-season to be prepared.

4. My main goal this season is to impress in the VHLM with Saskatoon, and improve greatly on last season, before taking the step onto the main roster.

5. The Old Guard, on Netflix, also just re-watched Stand By Me after it got added to Netflix.

6. The team isn't really lacking anywhere, but I'd love to see Julian Borwinn on a line with Brock Louth.

7. I think the team will improve on its own, as one of the Vancouver players still in the minors I'm looking forward to helping the team get better next season.

I listen to a lot of Taylor Swift in order to get in the mood for playing hockey again. I am ready to go, eating well, exercising. Let's go. 

I spent a lot of time working out, also had a really nice vacation to the Outer Banks. I spent some time away, but socially distant of course. 

I am scared of getting burned in pre-season games sure. I mean, I am a rookie, the last thing you want to do is make a fool of yourself. 

I do not want to get destroyed. I want to hold my own in my rookie season. I doubt I will get Rookie of the Year, so just not get destroyed. 

You really cannot go out much, so it's been all stuff on Netflix. I have watched a lot of Heavyweights. Love that movie. 

6) Looking back at some of the VHL greats who do you think would improve your team right now?
I am not sure, I think it's about staying on the path and continue to grow. We will create our own legacy. 

One day at a time. Continue to grow, get better. Continue the grind. 

Getting my diet in proper order and trying to get on a hockey player schedule.

Tried to fine tune some aspects of my game and relaxed.

No, I think I've got enough experience that I come into the first game ready to play.

Just try to improve on myself from last season.  I would like to get 50 points.

I'm not a big movie watcher, not sure what the last movie I saw was.

I think we just need to keep improving as a team.  We have quite a bit of young talent that will make us better over time.

1. We're now 11 games into the season and we're currently in 8th. Is this better than you expected?
  2. Who has been the heart and soul of the team?
  3. What is your goal for this coming season? (Individual goals)
  4. You're in the locker room and it is your turn to put on music. What are you putting on?
  5. What is one area in your game you'd like to make better?
  6. What is your favourite arena to play in?

1. We're now 11 games into the season and we're currently in 8th. Is this better than you expected?
    1. At the start of the season I would have been fine with 8th but seeing this team play I know that we are better than an 8th place team
    1. Probably Spyro, he is out there day and night putting his everything in
    1. I would like to crack the top 5 in rookie scoring this season
  4. You're in the locker room and it is your turn to put on music. What are you putting on?
    1. Probably some Mongolian throat singing, it gets me vibing
    1. My shooting accuracy has been awful so far, need to improve it
    1. Home, without a doubt

On 7/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, Emi said:

1. I think 8th is a good spot for the team to be, as it stands they were not going to be the most competitive team.

2. Spyro definitely, he has played very well so far and has been super active in boosting jg morale for some of the other players.

3. Let's do my goals for next season when I step up into the VHL; I want to complete for ROTY, I think it could be doable.

4. I am slapping on some hip hop/rap, but not the kind of rap where you can't hear what they're saying.

5. Right now I want to improve defending even more, maybe puck handling as well.

6. So far my favourite arena to play in has been has been Saskatoon's, the fans are amazing, super loud to the point where you can barely hear yourself think.

This is right about where i thought we would be, a bottom playoff team.
    Probably Spyro.
    I'd like to break 50 points.
    I've been listening mostly to Startset and Smash into Pieces lately, so probably that.
    I think I'm a jack of all trades player, I'm not sure specifically what i would improve.
    Obviously the Wolves' Den, but besides that Helsinki.  Always have at least a few fans back home.

Another Edition of Assistant GM asks!

1. You're down in the game by a goal and the coach has been removed from the bench due to a heated discussion with the referee. You're asked to step up and takeover. What do you do to claw that goal back? 

2. Advertising is everywhere these days and in Europe they've started to invade the league's jerseys. Are there any brands you wouldn't mind the Vancouver Wolves teaming up with?

3. The league is considering changing to Olympic sized rinks. Do you think this would be a good or bad change?

4. You've been given free reign to design a mascot for the Wolves. What would their name be? What do they look like (Describe)?

5. What would be your ideal version of a goal song?

6. We're winning a game 3-1 and Spyro's picked up a bad injury and the back up has gone in but become injured... Which of your teammates are best suited to try and maintain your lead of the game?

1. You're down in the game by a goal and the coach has been removed from the bench due to a heated discussion with the referee. You're asked to step up and takeover. What do you do to claw that goal back? 

-Put on the proven players, players who can apply pressure and keep the opposing team stuck in their end

2. Advertising is everywhere these days and in Europe they've started to invade the league's jerseys. Are there any brands you wouldn't mind the Vancouver Wolves teaming up with?

-Anything alcohol related

3. The league is considering changing to Olympic sized rinks. Do you think this would be a good or bad change?

-It would absolutely be an adjustment, especially for the older players who have been used to the smaller rink sizes, I dont think its necessary as it creates too much dead space

4. You've been given free reign to design a mascot for the Wolves. What would their name be? What do they look like (Describe)?

-A werewolf would be cool. When the game starts the lights dim and a full moon is illuminated, howls fill the building and a werewolf with torn lumberjack attire bursts out

Something unique, brings the hype but isnt the same as other teams

6. We're winning a game 3-1 and Spyro's picked up a bad injury and the back up has gone in but become injured... Which of your teammates are best suited to try and maintain your lead of the game?

Probably Downy, 6'4 and 220 pounds can take up a lot of net

1. You're down in the game by a goal and the coach has been removed from the bench due to a heated discussion with the referee. You're asked to step up and takeover. What do you do to claw that goal back? 

King: "Well, you gotta play your game. We got some great physical talent on this squad. I'd like to push the advantage physically, create opportunities off defensive stops. Control the zone and cycle around our great goal scorers for the tie."

2. Advertising is everywhere these days and in Europe they've started to invade the league's jerseys. Are there any brands you wouldn't mind the Vancouver Wolves teaming up with?

King: "It's not for me. I'm fine with the boards and whatnot. The jerseys mean something and you shouldn't compromise the integrity of the uniforms for advertising dollars. It's not like they'd be super visually appealing anyway."

3. The league is considering changing to Olympic sized rinks. Do you think this would be a good or bad change?

King: "International ice can slow the game down a bit. I think goalies get enough breaks in the VHL, I like the NA ice."

King: *laughs* "Gotta be a white wolf. Name him Marty. He can wear the uni uniform and have his tail out the back."

King: "Deep train horn bass with a subtle steam engine sound over it. A wolf's howl as a flare"

6. We're winning a game 3-1 and Spyro's picked up a bad injury and the back up has gone in but become injured... Which of your teammates are best suited to try and maintain your lead of the game?

King: "Adrienne. Tough, gets in the lane, and not afraid to get involved physically. I imagine Adrienne could translate that in net."

Hmm I don't know, get the puck down by the net and do a wraparound.  That will probably work.

I'm not a big fan of adverts on jerseys.  I like the clean look without them.

I'm not a fan personally, too much extra space.

Maybe name it Alpha.  I don't know much about wolves so I'm not sure what types there are but slap a jersey on a wolf costume and it's probably fine.

Werewolves of London.  AAhhhooo!

Get the Zamboni driver in there.  That has a proven history of working!

Another Week, Another Press Confrence.

1. What is your favourite drink?
  2. What current health kick is your player on?
  3. Are you expecting us to make some trades before the deadline?
  4. Who do you think are the stand out players for the upcoming draft?
  5. What are the positives for your season so far?
  6. If Vancouver was to move to another canadian city where do you think it should be?
  7. The NHL playoffs are back are you watching? Is there anyone you hope win?
  8. who's getting 1st Overall? (NHL & VHL)

1. Whisky, 100% whisky
    1. Jogging Stanley park every morning
    1. I trust whatever our gms decide to do
    1. Anyone in the top 5 looks exciting and could be an amazing addition to this team
    1. Great on the powerplay and I believe that I have a good upside for the future
  6. If Vancouver was to move to another Canadian city where do you think it should be?
    1. It would Victoria is Beav has any say about it

On 8/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, Emi said:

Another Week, Another Press Confrence.

6. If Vancouver was to move to another canadian city where do you think it should be?
  7. The NHL playoffs are back are you watching? Is there anyone you hope win?
  8. who's getting 1st Overall? (NHL & VHL)

1. Favourite drink is Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea With Citrus, it slaps so hard.

2. Just got off a no name brand food only diet, it was the reason I'm doing so well in games right now.

3. I have no idea, I think going into the season you guys weren't expecting much and we have a very deep prospect pool, so I don't know if many moves are necessary to improve for next season and push for the playoffs.

4. Houston is pumping out great players, Aloe, and Venus, for example.

5. I have being doing really well in the VHLM so far, I'm very happy with my performance but hope to push far into the playoffs.

6. Nowhere but Vancouver, it's such a great city, if they were to ever move it would be very disappointing for everyone I'm sure.

Edited by jpsd

I enjoy soda but try not to drink too much of it, I use a lot of generic brand water enhancement things though to spice of the aqua.
    Just trying to eat healthier in general, counting the calories.
    Maybe, though it's getting pretty late to do so.
  4. What are the positives for your season so far?
    I should have more points than last season, leading the team in shots blocked, just outside the top 10 overall.
  5. If Vancouver was to move to another canadian city where do you think it should be?
    Some say they should move back to where they were before...
  6. The NHL playoffs are back are you watching? Is there anyone you hope win?
    The Avalanche, LET'S GO AVS!
    tenor.gif

Broken Internet Edition of AGM questions!

1) We're nearing the season... Do you think we make the playoffs?
2) Do you think the trade of Jungkok helped us?

3) What do we need to build on next season?
4) Are you excited for the future of the team?
5) Have you met your goals for the season?

6) We've had a up and down season but what has been your highlight so far?

Thanks for bearing with me!

We have definitely been picking up a lot of momentum, at this point I think we could maybe pull it off!

Jung was a great teammate but they took too many penalties and forced us onto the PK way too much

Probably continue to be stronger defensively, though we can score a lot we also do let a lot of goals in 

Oh yeah, we have a lot of great rookies and sophomores and our prospect pipeline is going to assist us further

100% I wanted to be a sniper for this team and getting 25 goals in 60 games is a great start for my career

Definitely getting my first ever VHL hat trick the other day, I will never forget that

1) We're nearing the season... Do you think we make the playoffs?

Yeah I think we'll find ourselves in a playoff position.

Honestly I haven't really noticed it help or hurt us to this point.

I think it's just a waiting game. Our younger players just need more growth.

4) Are you excited for the future of the team?

This is my last season in the VHL but I'll root for you guys in the future alongside Moscow.

Definitely. I somehow put up career high points in my final season.

6) We've had a up and down season but what has been your highlight so far? 

See above haha.

Fo sho, we are in like flynn.

No disrespect intended to Jungkok, but yeah I think it has.  We seem to just be gelling better since the trade.

I'm not sure there is one thing, maybe just playing consistently.

Yes, our young talent is really showing up our older players aren't missing a beat either.

Yes, I'm leading the team in SB and I've surpassed 50 points. 

The 12 game winning streak after being at or below .500 for most of the season.

Week 2 of no WiFi questions.

1. Our winning streak ended at 12 does this give you hope for next season?

2. Does that winning streak help us sell players to the team?

3.What memeber of your team do you think is irreplaceable?

4. Any prospects we should be looking into?

5. What's your plans for the off-season once we reach it?

6. Who do you think the cover athlete for a VHL game would be?

1. Our winning streak ended at 12 does this give you hope for next season?

Yeah I think you guys should be just as good next season.

I think that seeing a really young team be this successful in general will be a good sell to players.

Louth is kind carrying me on his line right now so I'll go with him.

Uhh yeah, my new player haha. Wolf Weiss.

I don't even want to think that far ahead, the off season drags. 

6. Who do you think the cover athlete for a VHL game would be?

Jet Jaguar for sure. Massive legend.

Oh yeah, the end of the season showed what this team could do and I hope we keep it up next season

Anyone who was sleeping on us is dumb in my opinion, we are a great hockey team and this should prove doubters wrong

3.What member of your team do you think is irreplaceable?

Spyro is the heart and soul of our team, you can have great forwards and defense but without a world class goalie like him it would go nowhere

Anyone with preferably a name that makes sense in english

Other than alcohol? No idea

HHH Shirtless while mud wrestling

Yeah, it shows how good we are and we should only get better.

I'm not sure, I would think so but who knows how everyone thinks.

I don't think anyone is irreplaceable, but I'd hate to see anyone go.

I haven't been looking at the upcoming prospects.

I always head home to Finland and plan on rowing on the lakes.

I duno, hopefully not me, I hear cover athletes are cursed.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:43 AM, Emi said:

It was definitely a fun ride while it lasted, that is for sure.

It will be hard to use it I think. Most players have an idea of how to look at a team's overall construction.

I'm not sure anyone is truly irreplaceable. A lot of people I like, but irreplaceable is a though label to give when it comes to sports franchises.

I'll leave that up to our scouting staff.

Head home for a bit, contemplate what I am going to do in free agency.

Me, of course!

AGM Asks Press Confrence:

1. We lost in the playoffs. But what should we take away from the experience?
2. We currently have 3 picks in the first round for this draft! Who would be perfect for this team in you opinion?
3. What will you be doing to improve for next season?
4. Is there any regrets you have about last season?
5. Who is the most underrated player in the league?
6. Who would you class as top prospect from last season (S73) Draft?