Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

1) Who do you think the breakout start for this coming season will be?

-I dont think people should be sleeping on any of our sophomore players, they are future wolves legends and I see several of them reaching new heights this season
2) Who will be this seasons Rookie of the Year?

-Someone who is on the wolves or wishes they were on the wolves
3) Who do you think will make the best captain in the future?

-Spyro for now, then Su, Adrienne and Thightrap after Spyro retires
4) You're down a 2 goals with 3 minutes left on the clock. Do you pull the goalie or wait and see?

-You pull the goalie and do whatever you can to give your team a chance
5) If we had to change from the wolves but stay in vancouver what would a good idea for a new name?

-To avoid any offence the Vancouver Hockey Team sounds safe and I am sure  no one would ever make fun of a name that safe ever
6) Who is your favourite Wolf and why?

-The mirror, everyime I see I am reminded how awesome I am

Gregg Stallion seems ready to take his game to the next level. I could see him topping 80 points this seasons, and leading the team in production.

I think Rhynex has a good chance, after dominating the VHLM last season. He's also a year younger than Gary Rush, who won the VHLM scoring title, so I think that gives him the advantage, and he seems to be fitting in with that New York squad nicely so far.

I could see Venus Thightrap being a great captain for the team a few years down the road.
4) You're down a 2 goals with 3 minutes left on the clock. Do you pull the goalie or wait and see?

I'd pull the goalie.
5) If we had to change from the Wolves but stay in Vancouver what would a good idea for a new name?

Man, I love the name Wolves, but maybe something like Orcas or Humpbacks, something that people associate with Vancouver whenever they hear the name.

Andrew Su, because he is a heck of a player. He had a big season last year, playing with Beau Louth, and now that Louth is gone, Su is proving that he doesn't need to play with him in order to be successful. 

On 11/17/2020 at 4:09 AM, Emi said:

New Week new set of AGM asks.

5) If we had to change from the wolves but stay in vancouver what would a good idea for a new name?

1. Venus, they had a solid season last year and can be elite this one.

2. No idea, I only L and R as rookies.

3. Thightrap, pretty active in our LR and solid player.

4. Pull

5. Canucks, boo copyright

6. Spyro, honestly the heart and soul of the team.

We have several young pups on the verge of becoming stars.  This season will either be Venus or Stallion.  I think Su will also shine with Louth gone, but he's already proven himself to me.

I'm not sure, probably the young kid in New York.

I think we are already seeing the young guns starting to lead.  Keep an eye on Sandstorm.

Might as well, need to risk it for the biscuit. 

I duno, what if we were the Killer Whales?  That seems like it would work.

Spyro or Su, Spyro and I were drafted very close to each other and are the old guys on the team.  I do also love me some Su though.

Assistant Captain is asking questions this week!

1. Andrew Su is currently 10th in the league in Points, only 6 back of the guy in first place (Jim Bob). Where do you see Su ending the season and why?
  2. What has been your evaluation of how Vancouver has done this season so far?
  3. Vancouver currently sits 4 points back of 2nd place in the Conference with a -1 Goal Differential. What needs to change if they are to catch Calgary or Seattle with that big lead?
  4. Who did you choose to be captains this season? Why?
  5. What is your favorite food to eat in Vancouver that you can't get as good anywhere else?
  6. What are you working on for the rest of the season?
Edited by Poptart

AGM Asks:

Who is on the cover for this year's version of the VHL game made by EA? and does this cause the team to have the dreaded curse?
What player do you expect to have the most improved season this year?
What is the one thing you wish you could change about the league?
What is the most important stat for you this season?
What player would you go out partying with? Why?
Who is the quietest player on the team and why?

2 hours ago, Emi said:

AGM Asks:

Who is on the cover for this year's version of the VHL game made by EA? and does this cause the team to have the dreaded curse?

1. Mikko Lahtinen is on the cover and yeah, probably. The game would be just as busted as the NHL version though. 

2. King. I'm already on pace to put up 61 points which would be double my rookie totals and I've been so much better all round this season. Shoutout to Sandstrom though, who has had a great start to the season in his own right.

3. Money. I've been pushing for a money rework to make the store and finances more palatable for the users but so far haven't gotten passed the looking phase. I'm disappointed with how little money effects anything even cosmetically. 

4. For me it's going to be Points and Faceoffs. I really need this to be a big step season or what am I doing points wise. And as a Center I feel so strongly that you should value Faceoffs almost more than production. You start the play, and I value being on the right side of that.

5. Sandstrom, Adrienne, and V. We're a team, we've been through it all.

6. Probably King. I keep things close and really only go off when something outrageous happens. 

--Give it to Jeff Downey as the big playoff hero, that way the curse is on Chicago and not us

--It's cheesy to say myself but considering the start I have had and the improvement in Stallion's game I think it is great

--I wish that alcohol was permitted in the water bottles, I play better that way

--At this stage it is points, I am on the first line and my job is to get the pucks in the net

--I only party alone because everyone passes out too fast

--Probably one of bench warmers who is there just watching

On 11/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, Emi said:

AGM Asks:

Jeff Downey, as his team is currently struggling.

Stallion hopefully

Bring back the old sims and the discord notifications

Wins as a team, really want that back 2 back

Stallion, been line mates for a long time, great dude

Su, never says anything in the team LR

1. Andrew Su is currently 10th in the league in Points, only 6 back of the guy in first place (Jim Bob). Where do you see Su ending the season and why?
    I think Su could end up top 5, he's number 1 in my heart though ❤️

I think we are performing roughly as expected.  Going back to back is never easy and we lost some big talent in the off season.

3. Vancouver currently sits 4 points back of 2nd place in the Conference with a -1 Goal Differential. What needs to change if they are to catch Calgary or Seattle with that big lead?
    We are losing a lot of 1 goal games, need to mentally up our game and play hard for the full game.

I don't remember for sure, I think Spyro, Su, and Adrienne.  We have a great group of people and they just stood out to me for one reason or another.

5. What is your favorite food to eat in Vancouver that you can't get as good anywhere else?
    Fish!  I know you can get fish a lot of other places but being so close to water means it's so fresh!

I need to up my physicality, can't let a young pup like Sandstorm show me up.

I think Jeff Downey would be a really cool person to put on the cover. He was a stud last playoffs. 

Look at Groovy Dood, that guy is absolutely killing it. 

GIB MORE TEEPS! I want more TPE. Affiliate with more leagues so I can get TPE easier. 

+/- is my important one. It shows how good I am doing while I am on the ice. 

Kinger, Kevin King is a stud, you want to get drunk, you go out with him, no question about it. 

Su is very quiet, but he does it all on the ice. 

On 11/23/2020 at 12:27 PM, Poptart said:

Assistant Captain is asking questions this week!

1. 1st since you got aim for the top if your want to be the best.

2. Decent, around my expectations, losing 2 major players will affect any team.

3. Get our scoring up.

4. Only voted for spyro, since he led us to a cup last szn.

5. B.C. Sushi Rolls.

6. Faceoffs

AGM ASKS!

1) It's christmas coming up who is on your christmas list from the league?
2) What is the one hockey related gift you hope you get?
3) We're not at the same standard as last season. How can we get back to that standard?
4) Would you say there is something missing to the team that we had last year?
5) Who has shocked you the most play wise this year?
6) Who is the teams most promising prospect?

On 12/1/2020 at 5:06 AM, Emi said:

AGM ASKS!

3) We're not at the same standard as last season. How can we get back to that standard?

1. Nope, not touching that one.

2. Actually, I need a net, my old one bent during the move.

3. I think we're finding our stride. Tight conference near the top so it's a marathon. 

4. Defense. Downey is missed on that back end.

5. Sandstrom has been a MVP worth part of this club.

6. Our new hype man.

Oh I've got some people on my list, but I can't reveal them ahead of time.

Hopefully I get some new shin guards, mine are getting pretty beat up.

I think we have been working on the team chemistry with line change and it's getting us back towards the top of the standings.

I think we are missing a scoring threat from the blue line.

Sandstorm has been really impressing me this year.

I think Jakob Sosa has been impressing me the most.

unknown.pngVancouver Wolves S75 Press Conference  unknown.png

VIz4KPy.png

For week ending DEC 13

Were going with a new style of PC, This idea came from @BladeMaiden that i brought to Philadelphia and now im here and this style PC is here with me in Vancouver !

. There are more than 6 options for questions (This reasoning is for me to get to know you all better and truly get to know each team member getting closer with all of you.

DO NOT feel obligatied to answer  any more than the SIX required to get your 2 TPE, Feel free to Answer them all if you woud like and please use tag any player with their user  so all of the wolves can come closer together as a pack

, ANSWER SIX, for your full 2 TPE ,

however feel free to answer as many as you would like 

❤️

VIz4KPy.png

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

After last weeks media scandal with Emi Rune demanding a trade 🤯 PUBLICLY you be the Judge of how she approached this.... this weeks press conference is going to be in honor of our late Wolf and former top pick, so here we go !

this weeks press conference is going to be in honor of our late Wolf and former top pick, so here we go !

1)How did you hear the news or see Emi’s public transfer request?

2)Do you feel betrayed by Emi Rune and her actions last week demanding out of Vancouver and with a lot of stipulations for her.

3)The trade is official and Rune is now a Titan and in return came @MasonGabe Akerstrom from HSK, how do you see Rookie defender Akerstrom stepping into how will he fit with the current roster ?

4)Emi went from being your AGM here to demanding out and making it public shocking Beaviss, this is where I cam into the story, New hire and 1st  gen user as your new AGM, what are your feelings about the new hire and Spence himself ?

Is the discord LR going to be missing something without Emi ?

6)What do you personally bring to the table as in the LR and do you see yourself as a positive energy and good LR teammate ?

7)With the trade deadline looming and the Wolves sitting in the middle of the pack, where do you see the Wolves on trade deadline day, buyers ? sellers ? Keep the roster the way it is?

8)How do you feel playing against Emi now when we play the Titans next , has Rune  earned herself the title of now a lifelong nemesis and creating a bigger rivalry between VAN and HSK ?

9)Who do you believe has been the most improved player so far this season ?

10)Are you a user that ever checks in on our teams prospects and the VHLM or are you straight focused on the task at hand in Vancouver and the VHL ?

11)The Wolves are already the youngest roster in the VHL with only 2 players from before (S72) their draft pick cupboards are stocked as well, what do the Wolves need to do to get back to the Continental Cup final ?

12)How often do you check the VHL portal and league standings ?

13)Our star Center @Da_BerrAndrew Su has been on fire this season and currently sitting just 1 point out of the League leader in Points. Tell us what it is about Su that makes him so successful or something we may not know about VHL star Su

14)What is your personal favorite way to earn TPE, do you enjoy writing Media spots, Graphics Podcasts or keeping it as simple as possible with the PCs , trivia and Welfare. How have you been or like to earn your TPE ?

What changes need to happen NOW in Vancouver ?

15)With Rune leaving, she was our top scoring defenceman, which player is going to be the one to step up and replace that firepower ? which one of your teammates do you see on the verge of  breakout end of season run with the extra opportunity ?

16)Had you ever heard of Spence King before Beaviss announced the signing ?

17)Which player in the VHL do you despise playing against ?

18)When looking at the schedule are there any teams that you get excited too see on the list before we play them ? if so Whom and what brought this feelings ?

VIz4KPy.pngVIz4KPy.pngVIz4KPy.pngVIz4KPy.pngVIz4KPy.png

Edited by Spence King

King: “I didn’t so much hear about it as much as figured it was coming. Emi seemed dissatisfied for a bit now and you could kind of feel the need for a change in scenery arising. When we had Spence come on to be the new Assistant the writing was on the wall.”

2)Do you feel betrayed by Emi Rune and her actions last week demanding out of Vancouver and with a lot of stipulations for her.

King: “Not at all. She’s a high personality individual with her own needs and aspirations when it comes to the VHL and I can respect that. I think maybe it could’ve been handled a little more quietly but ultimately both parties did what they felt was right in the end and all we can do now is move forward and hope for the best for all parties.”

3)The trade is official and Rune is now a Titan and in return came @MasonGabe Akerstrom from HSK, how do you see Rookie defender Akerstrom stepping into how will he fit with the current roster ?

King: “Aker is already stepping into the role nicely. I think he’s got a lot of potential to be a long term Wolf and I’m excited to see what he does.”

4)Emi went from being your AGM here to demanding out and making it public shocking Beaviss, this is where I came into the story, New hire and 1st  gen user as your new AGM, what are your feelings about the new hire and Spence himself? Is the discord LR going to be missing something without Emi ?

King: “I’m interested to see how Spence does and what his long-term direction is for the finer LR stuff in Vancouver. There are a lot of quality first gen members out there so I think he needs to step up to prove the hiring was best fit. As for Emi, again, I think it could’ve been handled a bit differently but again, ultimately both parties should benefit from a change in scenery. I have no ill will towards Emi and she’ll be missed by at the very least myself as a regular lockeroom member. I do think that it’s time to move on though. If I had one criticism for management it’s things like Press Conferences full of questions about Emi and feeling betrayed. I’m focused on building for the next postseason and defending the Continental Cup.”

6)What do you personally bring to the table as in the LR and do you see yourself as a positive energy and good LR teammate ?

Moose: “Right now nothing. Still recovering from surgery so activity is a little low right now. Once I’m back to full strength I think I bring levity and laughter through commitment to the league and the immersion I bring of creating character work for my player.”

7)With the trade deadline looming and the Wolves sitting in the middle of the pack, where do you see the Wolves on trade deadline day, buyers ? sellers ? Keep the roster the way it is?

King: “I wouldn’t call us Buyers but I’d like to see us grab another Defensemen for a deep playoff run. I think we’d benefit from having someone who can slot into the first or second pair to maybe boost that scoring depth, especially on the Powerplay. I think Beaviss will likely move something for picks though. That’s generally the move and this year is no different.”

The trade is official and Rune is now a Titan and in return came @Mason Gabe Akerstrom from HSK, how do you see Rookie defender Akerstrom stepping into how will he fit with the current roster?

I think he's gonna be a great fit for Vancouver, in my eyes, he has the same two-way/playmaking defense style Emi does, obviously with less experience.

How do you feel playing against Emi now when we play the Titans next, has Rune earned herself the title of now a lifelong nemesis and creating a bigger rivalry between VAN and HSK?

Excited. But I also don't want it to be different from any other night, I'm always hoping everyone on the team gives 100% so our game against Helsinki should be no different. About Emi being a lifelong nemesis... I don't know about that, but I think it will add a great element to the rivalry between Vancouver and the Titans, especially after we became the Titan slayers in last season's finals.

Who do you believe has been the most improved player so far this season?

I think a lot of us rookies from last season have made big improvements, but @fonziGG Onde Sandstrom has been one of the biggest improvers, not just in his point totals, he's upped the physicality of his game as well and it is fun to play with him.

The Wolves are already the youngest roster in the VHL with only 2 players from before (S72) their draft pick cupboards are stocked as well, what do the Wolves need to do to get back to the Continental Cup final?

Going from cup winners -> The youngest team, in 1 offseason, is a good thing to me, obviously it means it's less likely we win back to back, but it creates an opportunity for lots of Vancouver players to win multiple cups together, or on separate teams, in the future.

With Rune leaving, she was our top scoring defenceman, which player is going to be the one to step up and replace that firepower? Which one of your teammates do you see on the verge of  breakout end of season run with the extra opportunity?

I think I could name off almost all of or defense. All of them have been very productive, but I'm gonna bring it back to Akerstrom, as I said, he's going to be a great fit and he has already been productive, he has a lot of offensive upside.

Had you ever heard of Spence King before Beaviss announced the signing?

Of course, mostly from the VSN articles, especially ones put out around the season 73 draft.

Edited by jpsd

2) Do you feel betrayed by Emi Rune and her actions last week demanding out of Vancouver and with a lot of stipulations for her.

Slightly, especially due to the fact that they're also our AGM, but business is business.

10) Are you a user that ever checks in on our teams prospects and the VHLM or are you straight focused on the task at hand in Vancouver and the VHL ?

Unless if they were a early first round pick or I know the user, I don't check how our prospects are doing.

I'd say we either buy or keep the same. We're currently 3rd in the entire league and a back to back championship sounds real nice.

12)How often do you check the VHL portal and league standings ?

Whenever someone uses VHL bot in our LR to post the standings.

16)Had you ever heard of Spence King before Beaviss announced the signing ?

The name seems familar from when I was playing in the VHLM, I think?

3)The trade is official and Rune is now a Titan and in return came Gabe Akerstrom from HSK, how do you see Rookie defender Akerstrom stepping into how will he fit with the current roster ?

I hope he fills in the gap that Emi left. Honestly not too big of a difference in skill between the 2 players.

Honestly, I didn't. I just saw this right now. Well, I guess shame on me? I don't like this at all, but it is what it is. 

I did not feel betrayed at all. I mean, someone checks in 5 days after we win the Championship and then mentions that we won. How invested were you?

3)Emi went from being your AGM here to demanding out and making it public shocking Beaviss, this is where I cam into the story, New hire and 1st  gen user as your new AGM, what are your feelings about the new hire and Spence himself ? Is the discord LR going to be missing something without Emi ?

I love having first generation people coming in and taking management roles. I really love this. This is a great hire. I look forward to working with Spencer, if I am being honest. 

4)With the trade deadline looming and the Wolves sitting in the middle of the pack, where do you see the Wolves on trade deadline day, buyers ? sellers ? Keep the roster the way it is?

I think we keep it the way it is. We have a good squad, we have chemistry and we love this team. 

5)How do you feel playing against Emi now when we play the Titans next , has Rune  earned herself the title of now a lifelong nemesis and creating a bigger rivalry between VAN and HSK ?

Yeah, I think there is some rivalry there. I hate anyone who asks out publicly. I would prefer someone to say behind the scenes. You put the team in a bad spot by asking out in public. 

6)How often do you check the VHL portal and league standings ?

I check it very often. It is important to check progress. I love it. 

What do you personally bring to the table as in the LR and do you see yourself as a positive energy and good LR teammate ?

-I am not the biggest talker for sure but I like t pop in every now and then make a joke or a comment then peace out

With the trade deadline looming and the Wolves sitting in the middle of the pack, where do you see the Wolves on trade deadline day, buyers ? sellers ? Keep the roster the way it is?

-I trust our gm, he built this team into a champion and I am confident he will know how to keep it as one

How do you feel playing against Emi now when we play the Titans next , has Rune  earned herself the title of now a lifelong nemesis and creating a bigger rivalry between VAN and HSK ?

-I don't know the full details around what happened so I wouldn't say nemesis. I am looking forward to playing her though because I am sure we can have fun throwing checks then getting a beer after

Who do you believe has been the most improved player so far this season ?

-I think King went from struggling rookie to a star in his sophomore season, man doesn't believe in the sophomore slump

Are you a user that ever checks in on our teams prospects and the VHLM or are you straight focused on the task at hand in Vancouver and the VHL ?

-Not really, I just go off word of mouth and am excited whenever a new face joins us

The Wolves are already the youngest roster in the VHL with only 2 players from before (S72) their draft pick cupboards are stocked as well, what do the Wolves need to do to get back to the Continental Cup final ?

-I think we need to buy into a team first mentality, a lot of star players can create people with a me first attitude but to win we have to be willing to play whatever role necessary 

I heard about it in the team discord. Don't know what happened.

Not really. I respect them.

3)The trade is official and Rune is now a Titan and in return came @MasonGabe Akerstrom from HSK, how do you see Rookie defender Akerstrom stepping into how will he fit with the current roster ?

@Masonis an incredible member to bring back.

4)Emi went from being your AGM here to demanding out and making it public shocking Beaviss, this is where I cam into the story, New hire and 1st  gen user as your new AGM, what are your feelings about the new hire and Spence himself ?

Is the discord LR going to be missing something without Emi ?

Spence is a cool guy. Trying to make his mark in the league so I gotta respect that. Definitely, Emi was an incredible presence and I'm sad to see them go.

6)What do you personally bring to the table as in the LR and do you see yourself as a positive energy and good LR teammate?

IDK you tell me. I have no idea what I bring to the table

2066139290_wolvessmall.png.9ece24882d7df337df72173df18f6ba7.pngVancouver Wolves S75 Press Conference2066139290_wolvessmall.png.9ece24882d7df337df72173df18f6ba7.png<--

Week Ending Dec. 20th

🔥Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE! 🔥

1.) Last week the Wolves have continued there strong offensive output with star winger Gregg Stallion being named as one of the VHL 3 stars of the week with 5 Goals and an assist. What is it that’s so special about Gregg @SweatyBeaver?

Answer

2.) This is a extremely stressful time of year , school, financial, midseason, trade deadline, and the holidays ! What do you like most and least about this time of year?

Answer

3.) If you could make a dream line of past or present VHL players who would they be ?

Answer

4.) Have you looked into the S76 VHL draft pool ? Any players standout to you ?

Answer

5.) Which user on the Wolves do you most look forward to reading their weekly articles or Media spots/Graphics ?

Answer

6.) If this season was a Novel , what would the Title be ?

Answer

7.) Vancouver is so famous for Whistler Mountain and the activities there, have you ever been if so how often and what is your favorite thing to do?

Answer

8.)Who is your best friend in the league ? (tag the user)

Answer

9.) Last week the Wolves went on for 6 straight wins, what were the biggest contributing factors in this offensive onslaught?

Answer

10.) Do you check the Index, LR chat, Sim results chat, or the VHL Portal when looking at the teams post game results ?

Answer

11.) Which player in the league would you say is the toughest to defend ?

Answer

12)Gabe Akerstrom @Mason has been on fire since coming out west and had the best game of his career against the team that drafted him last week scoring 2 goals and an assist. Who outperformed who who that game Emi or Gabe ?

Answer

1.) Last week the Wolves have continued there strong offensive output with star winger Gregg Stallion being named as one of the VHL 3 stars of the week with 5 Goals and an assist. What is it that’s so special about Gregg @SweatyBeaver?

King: Stalli is a great lockeroom presence. Has really kept the team together in a heightened role as a veteran this season. We're not surprised about his success and we expect more to come. True stud.

4.) Have you looked into the S76 VHL draft pool ? Any players standout to you ?

King: I've had the opportunity as the AGM of San Diego to be apart of the return of some true legend guys in BOOM and Phil the Rock Johnson and honestly they are obvious first round choices for any team. I'm super excited to see where they end up. Another interesting name is Dexter Vaughn. Flames1Fan has been a weekly graphic producer and if someone could get even Press Conferences out of him he becomes a super high value goaltender in the mid rounds.

5.) Which user on the Wolves do you most look forward to reading their weekly articles or Media spots/Graphics?

Fonzi puts out a lot of quality, I'll go with that.

8.)Who is your best friend in the league ? (tag the user)

Probably @Spartan

10.) Do you check the Index, LR chat, Sim results chat, or the VHL Portal when looking at the teams post game results?

I check most sections honestly.

12)Gabe Akerstrom @Mason has been on fire since coming out west and had the best game of his career against the team that drafted him last week scoring 2 goals and an assist. Who outperformed who that game Emi or Gabe?

Aker had a great game. Super proud of his play.