Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

Week Ending February 7th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

It's  everyone's fav time, press conference time!! So Lets get things kicked off with some easy TPE and laughs. Just going to tell you all again how much I enjoy seeing your creative and wacky answers. Thanks for being the best team a girl could ask to be on  ❤️ Without any further fluff, here are your questions:

1.) What is your Fav version of our Jersey? Home, Away, a holiday or Charity one? Describe it and why you love it.

Answer

2.) You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

Answer

3.) You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

Answer

4.) Name the top five hockey related things to take with you during a zombie outbreak. (Think of things that you would have in your hockey bag, locker or at home)

Answer

5.) What are things that management can do that makes you feel supported as a player? (what is important to you?)

Answer

6.) If the Vancouver Wolves was a Hogwarts house what house would we be and why?

Answer

7.) When fans see hockey players they often freak out, who is one of the people you would fan boy/ fan girl / fan person over? ( For example Venus Thightrap, is a huge comic book nerd so meeting someone like Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff who created Poision Ivy would mean a lot to her. Venus’ name is meant to be a nod to Ivy.)

Answer

8.) When was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs during a game? What were you yelling about?

Answer

9.) When you go home and relaxing is on your mind what room do you go to and what do you do in it to wind down? (Venus is totally into long luxurious bubble baths, it has been said she often turns into a prune while playing her fav Spotify mix as she soaks the stress away of everyday life)

Answer

10.) Is there anything hanging in your Team Locker that motivates you?

Answer

11.) Do you have a pet? If so tell us about your fuzzy or perhaps not so fuzzy friend lol

Answer

12.) Which is one that show you cannot watch with anyone?

Answer

13.) Give this Gif a hashtag :

hockey GIF

Answer

1.) What is your Fav version of our Jersey? Home, Away, a holiday or Charity one? Describe it and why you love it.

My favourite version of our jersey is the charity jersey, because it shows that our team supports charity and wants to help people.

2.) You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

You must eat sushi at least 2 days a week;sushi is the best, and it is my favorite!

3.) You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

It is called the Sim And The Mouse. It is where you watch the simmers of the VHL click one button,and we all play a game.

4.) Name the top five hockey related things to take with you during a zombie outbreak. (Think of things that you would have in your hockey bag, locker or at home)

I  would take a hockey stick, because zombies obviously dont like the taste of that, A puck for self defense, uhm some skates to scratch them, a hockey net to barricade myself and a whistle to annoy them.

5.) What are things that management can do that makes you feel supported as a player? (what is important to you?)

Some important stuff to me, is having some good play time, being acknowledged in the locker room and being motivated on a daily basis.

6.) If the Vancouver Wolves was a Hogwarts house what house would we be and why?
And, Tell me what hogwarts is, this time? A cow?

7.) When fans see hockey players they often freak out, who is one of the people you would fan boy/ fan girl / fan person over? ( For example Venus Thightrap, is a huge comic book nerd so meeting someone like Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff who created Poision Ivy would mean a lot to her. Venus’ name is meant to be a nod to Ivy.)

Trent Kaniuga, big indie comic dude.

8.) When was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs during a game? What were you yelling about?

A few years ago, dirty hit from behind got one of my favourite players injured.

9.) When you go home and relaxing is on your mind what room do you go to and what do you do in it to wind down? (Venus is totally into long luxurious bubble baths, it has been said she often turns into a prune while playing her fav Spotify mix as she soaks the stress away of everyday life)

Bath and Spotify jams.

A picture of me and my family.

11.) Do you have a pet? If so tell us about your fuzzy or perhaps not so fuzzy friend lol

Unfortunately not, but if I did it would be a Shiba.

Don't know if movies count, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

1.) What is your Fav version of our Jersey? Home, Away, a holiday or Charity one? Describe it and why you love it.

I like our  home jerseys the best.  The black with hints of silver and white.  I feel like silver is fairly unique color to use in hockey.

Don't be an asshole.  Feel like things can't go to bad if you have that as a base rule.

It's a crime drama staring 2 detectives who are former hockey players.  It's called in pursuit of the Sin Bin.

Not sure, maybe hockey Stick, chest protector, goalie mask, stick tape, and shin guards.

I think the team does a good job of this, but just shouting out when people have big games and are doing well.

Gryffindor, because we are the main characters in the league :) .

On 1/31/2021 at 10:30 PM, BladeMaiden said:

It's  everyone's fav time, press conference time!! So Lets get things kicked off with some easy TPE and laughs. Just going to tell you all again how much I enjoy seeing your creative and wacky answers. Thanks for being the best team a girl could ask to be on  ❤️ Without any further fluff, here are your questions:

1.) What is your Fav version of our Jersey? Home, Away, a holiday or Charity one? Describe it and why you love it.

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

hockey GIF

Answer

1. Personally I enjoy our away jersey a lot, the gray and black colors match with it very nicely and for some reason I feel like I look better in these jerseys so.. I'll take it!

3. I've always wanted to have a show that simply explains and goes over sports for people to understand it. From history of the leagues, to important people, rivalries, stories and mostly the importance of the game. Rules, penalties, etc. A way for people to understand the game so they can enjoy it. Football, soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball, etc. 

8. I have a habit of screaming when I score a goal and especially during a shootout, gotta hype up the team somehow!

9. I'd say the bedroom would be my comfort room. Taking naps, playing games and simply relaxing. It's my number one destination when the offseason begins.

10. I keep small pictures of family and close friends in my locker, always as a reminder to give it my best because they'll hopefully be watching. As a nod for their support getting me to this point in my career, I made it to the major leagues!

12. My Little P- nah I'm just kidding. I'd say Bojack Horseman, good show and definitely entertaining but can get serious at times which can be awkward for some. 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:30 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Home jersey, there's nothing better than wearing the threads synonymous with us at home. 

Unlimited sushi

I just give the keys to Tim Robinson and let him do the rest

Skates, compression pants, a cup, gloves, and sticks

No complaints thus far!

Don't know, I have never watched!

Venus Thightrap, an absolute monster!

A few days ago as a bet I placed hit!

I love to foam roll!

A letter from my parents when they told me to keep following my dreams

I don't, but I wish I did!

Game of Thrones... I used to be so into it but the final season ruined it for me...

hockey GIF

Answer

On 1/31/2021 at 9:30 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

hockey GIF

Answer

1. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

Everyone must make me food when I request

4 people have to fight to the death using chopsticks. It'll be called chop before you drop.

Skates, pucks, stick, shin pads and helmet 

Win the freakin cup :))))

When the Blues won the cup for the first time. I was at Busch Stadium for the game it was amazing!

My GIANT fuzzy dice that only have the number 2 on each of the 6 sides

Away Jersey. Crisp White jersey with trims of Black and Silver. It's the Los Angeles Kings jersey they've never been able to make right. I appreciate old school but I think a modern style works better for the muted Black/White. An Alternate for us with the two-tone fade between Black & Silver would be nice too.

Pads. Especially chest and leg pads (not goalie equipment). For a lot of Zombie scenarios, you can double your defense from a bite just from hockey pads. I don't even need to name others.

Communication. It's cliché but it means everything. If you won't talk to me, how can I know what you think of me.

Slytherin cause other houses are always more favored. 🤣

Literal last time was yesterday watching Jeff Blashill start Nielsen, Filppula, and Helm start against the defending Stanley Cup Champions while he sat Brome, Smith, and sent Rasmussen to Grand Rapids. I'm gonna stop, I can feel the rage.

King: "Hang in There kitty poster"

Answer

Answer

Answer

A stick, tape, water bottle, painkillers and a fucking Zamboni!

Answer

For some reason I'm thinking Ravenclaw... I don't know, Wolves and Raven, just seems like a good fit!

Answer

Answer

Answer

A photograph but I'm not gonna tell you what's on it ;)

Not yet but I would love to get myself a good doggo boi some day!

For a long time it was Game of Thrones that I preferred to watch alone, nowadays it might be Marco Polo just because nobody else is even interested in watching that :D

hockey GIF

#whenyourcrushwatchesagame

I don't know, that is tough.  Maybe if I comedian Brian Regan I would have a bit of a fan moment.

OT really gets me excited so probably yelling in celebration of an OT goal.

I will take a long hot shower and then hit up the game room.

I hung this up shortly after making the jump up to the VHL.  Losing a game is fine, but you need to learn why the game was lost and improve on that.

Jzodskc.jpg

I don't, but my parents have 2 dogs.  1 is a rescue and not entirely sure what it is, but he is very excitable and is a chonk.  The other is a beagle, super energetic and has that classic beagle excitability and beagle howling.

I don't know if I have a show I can't watch with people.  I don't tend to watch a lot of TV though.

Charity, always nice to support a good cause and help others.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. 

Su's supper, Its a cooking show but the chef doesn't know how to cook.

Hockey stick, Helmet, Gloves, Water bootle, Bag

Do PCs every week.

Sylitherin because we do anything to win.

:que:Vancouver Wolves Press Conference:que:

Week Ending February 14th 2021

Soooo we have a good news bad news situation here, It is theme week and usually I would ask you all questions that tie into this week's theme. Unfortunately the BOD did not get that information out to us early... not meaning so sound shady but if this is totally off  theme it is not my fault. That being said why don't we get down to brass tax and have some fun with this thang!!!!

🖤 #WolfLove #ValentinesDay #PalentinesDay

1.) So in case you didn't know there is a fun trend where instead of going around and being all romantic on Valentines Day you actually spend it with your friends. You buy each other small tokens like you would have in grade school ( or you adult it up more lol ppl make things their own) and just make the holiday more accessible to everyone by expanding the definition of love and how we celebrate this holiday. How do you feel about this trend.

Answer

2.) Who would you give a  Palentines gift to on your team? What are giving them and why?

Answer

3.) I heard Blade likes to give out old school Valentines to all the players, she attaches Hershey's hugs to all of them. Attach a pic of the valentines you are sending out and tell us if you are  including candy. will the whole team get them or only a special few.. and yes I heard  @Beaviss can be bribed ❤️  (below are the ones i will be giving out ;) )

Free-Printable-Baby-Yoda-Valentines-Feat

Answer

4.) Do you think Valentines day is a real holiday? Why or Why Not?

Answer

5.)Do you have romantic plans for your Valentines day?

Answer

6.) What do you consider to be a "sexy" or "romantic" song?

Answer

7.) Have You (or Would you) ever kissed someone on a kiss cam? (Imagine it's not covid, it would be a horrible idea in covid lol)

Answer

🖤 #ThemeWeek

8.) Do you think theme week themes should be told to the VHL general public in advance?

Answer

9.) Are you a person who usually has they task doen way in advance or are you last minute? Do you feel that theme weeks affect how you get your tasks out?

Answer

10.) Did you know that they asked for theme week ideas? ( Apparently the blues are tapped out of ideas. No judgment, they have been at this a very long time lol) Did you suggest any ideas? if not did you read any ideas you loved??

Answer

11.)For the record i just triple checked and there is still no theme announced at this point, put a ❤️ Me too if you get to this before then announce a damn theme. If there is a theme was it worth the wait?

Answer

12.) Do you think the chosen theme (when it is announced .....) was an easy one to incorporate into your media spots ?

Answer

13.) post a gif that shows how you feel about your VHL season ( or VHLM season if your a prospect **Hi Wolf Pups**)

Answer

Edited by BladeMaiden

1.) So in case you didn't know there is a fun trend where instead of going around and being all romantic on Valentines Day you actually spend it with your friends. You buy each other small tokens like you would have in grade school ( or you adult it up more lol ppl make things their own) and just make the holiday more accessible to everyone by expanding the definition of love and how we celebrate this holiday. How do you feel about this trend.

I haven't heard about this so far but that sounds like a pretty cool concept, would definitely be on board with it as long as it doesn't take on the feeling of a pity-party.

2.) Who would you give a  Palentines gift to on your team? What are giving them and why?

Answer

3.) I heard Blade likes to give out old school Valentines to all the players, she attaches Hershey's hugs to all of them. Attach a pic of the valentines you are sending out and tell us if you are  including candy. will the whole team get them or only a special few.. and yes I heard  @Beaviss can be bribed ❤️  (below are the ones i will be giving out ;) )

Answer

To be completely honest, no. If you don't have a significant other then it's just depressing, and if you do then you should be celebrating your luck all throughout the year and not on a specific day.

Just some small ones but those are between me and my partner ;)

Answer

7.) Have You (or Would you) ever kissed someone on a kiss cam? (Imagine it's not covid, it would be a horrible idea in covid lol)

The concept is kinda lame but... I think I still would :D

🖤 #ThemeWeek

8.) Do you think theme week themes should be told to the VHL general public in advance?

Answer

9.) Are you a person who usually has they task doen way in advance or are you last minute? Do you feel that theme weeks affect how you get your tasks out?

It's usually one or the other, either I get it done first thing in the week (like this time) or super last minute, with not that much in between.

10.) Did you know that they asked for theme week ideas? ( Apparently the blues are tapped out of ideas. No judgment, they have been at this a very long time lol) Did you suggest any ideas? if not did you read any ideas you loved??

No, as someone who doesn't follow things too closeley the whole theme week thing was new to me and I didn't learn of it until this post.

11.)For the record i just triple checked and there is still no theme announced at this point, put a ❤️ Me too if you get to this before then announce a damn theme. If there is a theme was it worth the wait?

Answer

12.) Do you think the chosen theme (when it is announced .....) was an easy one to incorporate into your media spots ?

Answer

13.) post a gif that shows how you feel about your VHL season ( or VHLM season if your a prospect **Hi Wolf Pups**)

Answer

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Soooo we have a good news bad news situation here, It is theme week and usually I would ask you all questions that tie into this week's theme. Unfortunately the BOD did not get that information out to us early... not meaning so sound shady but if this is totally off  theme it is not my fault. That being said why don't we get down to brass tax and have some fun with this thang!!!!

It's cool, but I'd rather prioritize making sure other friends have fun and are appreciated every day. 

Easily Adrienne, KCCO is my guy

Answer

It's obviously real, I just have minimal use/need for me to go over the top for a day

No haha, sadly not

Anything by the weekend

No I have not haha

🖤 #ThemeWeek

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

It's COVID, I wish we could do that!! I think it's pretty cool. 

2.) Do you think Valentines day is a real holiday? Why or Why Not?

It's not a real holiday, but a reason to make someone feel special. I think it's cool, but not a holiday. 

3.)Do you have romantic plans for your Valentines day?

I do! I am going to my wedding venue for the weekend with my fiancée

4.) What do you consider to be a "sexy" or "romantic" song?

Pony by Genuwine

5.) Have You (or Would you) ever kissed someone on a kiss cam? (Imagine it's not covid, it would be a horrible idea in covid lol)

I have not, but I would. 

6.) Do you think theme week themes should be told to the VHL general public in advance?

No, why does it matter? I think the surprise is fine. 

1.) Do you think Valentines day is a real holiday? Why or Why Not?

It's as real as people make it, which feels pretty real at the moment.  I think it's kinda silly though.

2.)Do you have romantic plans for your Valentines day?

Nope, it will be just a normal Sunday for me.

3.) Have You (or Would you) ever kissed someone on a kiss cam? (Imagine it's not covid, it would be a horrible idea in covid lol)

I have not, and it's not something I would be interested in.

3.) Do you think theme week themes should be told to the VHL general public in advance?

I don't have strong feelings on this because I don't tend to do them.  

I don't do a lot of actual VHL tasks, but in my life in general, I tend to wait till the last minute.

11.)For the record i just triple checked and there is still no theme announced at this point, put a  Me too if you get to this before then announce a damn theme. If there is a theme was it worth the wait?

I think it's fine, kind of neat because you don't have to really write about the VHL, which is somewhat unique.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:48 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

🖤 #ThemeWeek

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

1. Honestly, that sounds very nice! Valentine's Day is a holiday about and for love and you can love your friends even if its not romantic or involving a relationship. I like that idea, a lot.

5. As much as I would love to, knowing the regular season is still in the works with Vancouver in the playoff picture still, it doesn't seem very likely this year. There's always pros and cons with working in the majors but I'm always able to make it up somehow, that's love. Love for the game too

7. I haven't yet but if I had the chance I probably would. Granted if I go to games I do with family or friends so that would be a biiiiit awkward.. 

8. It would be a good idea for it to be told to the public before hand in case people are not interested in it, wish to alter it to make it better for people or have a poll like what we do with the championship banners. Getting player and management involvement with fun events like this can get more participation in it. 

10. I think one idea I have in mind would be involving the VHL with other sports, I've made a post like that previously but to see how others would take it would be interesting. I'm sure we all enjoy sports other than hockey and to mix the best of both worlds would be fascinating. 

12. Not at all. It was a great idea of course, just hard to decide DURING the season in the coldest part of winter. At least I'm getting ideas on how to spend my time once the weather heats up!

On 2/8/2021 at 5:48 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

🖤 #ThemeWeek

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Sorta, If you have a life then it is but if you're a loner its not

Yes but im not telling

Love me sexy by Jackie Moon

If my family or friends weren't there then maybe

Maybe the week before so everyone is prepared

9.) Are you a person who usually has they task done way in advance or are you last minute? Do you feel that theme weeks affect how you get your tasks out?

I used to always get my stuff done the day it went up but since school started its been all over the place

Week Ending February 21st 2021

Not too long ago I read a pretty amazing book called “THE ROOKIE” by Scott Sigler. It is part of a series called the Galactic Football League. In this Sci-Fi series humans have explored and expanded beyond the earth and there are many different alien species. When you add in some crazy medical technology you have the base for an interesting looks about what Football could look like under those circumstances. The Following questions will be inspired by my reading of this book, I hope you enjoy this little dose of Sci-Fi.

1. Would you ever get a cybernetic body part to improve your performance out on the ice?

Answer

2. Do you think there would be more or less issues between humans if we discovered aliens?

Answer

3. Do you think the VHL would let non humanoid life forms grace its hockey arenas?

Answer

4. Would you ever throw a game for money?

Answer

5. Do you think we take enough pride in representing our teams here in the VHL?

Answer

6. Do you think Hockey would be cooler in space?

Answer

7. What is one thing you would change about hockey to make it an Intergalactic sport?

Answer

8. Fill in this blank: I do it for the ____________? (Money, fame, Glory, to see the tears of my enemies?)

Answer

9. What is the one Ace up your sleeve you always save when your team needs a miracle?

Answer

10. Are you happy with the type of player you are becoming?

Answer

11. Can insanity bring about more creativity?

Answer

12. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Answer

13. At what point are we good enough?

Answer

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

1. Would you ever get a cybernetic body part to improve your performance out on the ice?

Only if it wasn't against the rules.

No

Any sport would be cooler in space.

8. Fill in this blank: I do it for the ____________? (Money, fame, Glory, to see the tears of my enemies?)

Fame

Yeah, I'm currently looking like an offence first scorer, I want to become better defensively though.

When we win the cup.

10 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Not too long ago I read a pretty amazing book called “THE ROOKIE” by Scott Sigler. It is part of a series called the Galactic Football League. In this Sci-Fi series humans have explored and expanded beyond the earth and there are many different alien species. When you add in some crazy medical technology you have the base for an interesting looks about what Football could look like under those circumstances. The Following questions will be inspired by my reading of this book, I hope you enjoy this little dose of Sci-Fi.

No, I’m a man of ethics.

2. Do you think there would be more or less issues between humans if we discovered aliens?

More, obviously. New stuff=problems.

3. Do you think the VHL would let non humanoid life forms grace its hockey arenas?

Well, we’ll test it. My recreate will be named E.T. and we’ll see if they let him on the ice.

I don’t think so... 

I think so.

Would be colder, for sure, but prolly not cooler.

7. What is one thing you would change about hockey to make it an Intergalactic sport?

Nothing IMP

food

9. What is the one Ace up your sleeve you always save when your team needs a miracle?

Get into a fight to inspire the guys. Also, get the PIMs so they can put a more qualified person on the ice.

For sure

Only if you apply your insanity in a sensible way.

Failed

When we create a dynasty.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Yes, 100%. I would get stronger legs

If it's a common enemy yes, if they're friendly then no

Yes, gotta get the $$$

Not at all... maybe

Unsure, I'm too new to this to know pride yet

Yes, imagine a puck with zero gravity!

Put a lower ceiling so the puck doesn't fly away

Championships

My cooking

Unsure, I am yet to see a really good ROI yet lol

Yes, that is the best way of creativity

I failed twice lol

Never, you can always improve

Heck yes I would. I don't know what it would look like, but that would be awesome. 

No, that'd be cool. We need aliens, Aliens are cool. 

Definitely not. I think they would cause weird stuff to happen. See Space Jam. 

Yes, if it was enough money. 

I don't really. I think we should really be more proud. I don't know how though. 

Yes, I think it would be much cooler, no aliens though. 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

5. Yes, I truly believe we are very prideful with our teams in the VHL. That's one thing about the league I truly enjoy is the fact they take themselves seriously and while having fun they also have a sense of competitiveness. Instead of having silly team names and such we have legit cities and proper team names to follow. 

8. Love of the sport. I do it for the love of the sport. A longer sentence but true, I play hockey because I love it. I go to baseball games because I love it. If I'm going to do anything I'm going to do it because I love it.

10. Honestly yes, I usually want to be valuable to the team in anyway possible. Having a single positive number on the score sheet at the end of the game is important to me so when I get all 0's, it can be a bit of a drag. However, the team has been very supportive and says I have been very useful on the team especially for my rookie year. I'm happy and I have more to achieve now.

11. Insanity can bring more creativity as by thinking outside the box can make you think about more ways of creating and doing than you usually would in a normal, stable mindset.

12. You would fail at trying to fail, you didn't fail at what you wanted to but you managed to fail even worse than you expected. 

13. The Wolves are certainly good enough, we have the potential to make playoffs and we are strong enough to push to the finals once again. Hopefully the lines are in proper order this time.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:50 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Kinda depends on the circumstances. Right now I would say no but in the future it might be completely normal and people grow up not knowing any different and I guess then I would as well.

Probably less because outside forces, be they good or bad, can usually be a great unifier.

As fans? Sure! As players? Well, depends on how much advantage their physical attributes would give them.

Nah, we make enough money anyway.

Answer

In terms of the actual game, no. Either it would be the same old same old or it would be all "floaty" and then it wouldnt be hockey anymore but more like Lacrosse or something. What would be cool however would be to play our regular old game in a glass dome in front of some crazy, awe-inspiring space vistas.

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

It definitely can but usually there is a heavy price to pay, either for yourself of the people around you.

Answer

Answer