Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 2/14/2021 at 8:50 PM, BladeMaiden said:

:que:Vancouver Wolves Press Conference:que:

Week Ending February 21st 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

Not too long ago I read a pretty amazing book called “THE ROOKIE” by Scott Sigler. It is part of a series called the Galactic Football League. In this Sci-Fi series humans have explored and expanded beyond the earth and there are many different alien species. When you add in some crazy medical technology you have the base for an interesting looks about what Football could look like under those circumstances. The Following questions will be inspired by my reading of this book, I hope you enjoy this little dose of Sci-Fi.

1. Would you ever get a cybernetic body part to improve your performance out on the ice?

Answer

2. Do you think there would be more or less issues between humans if we discovered aliens?

Answer

3. Do you think the VHL would let non humanoid life forms grace its hockey arenas?

Answer

4. Would you ever throw a game for money?

Answer

5. Do you think we take enough pride in representing our teams here in the VHL?

Answer

6. Do you think Hockey would be cooler in space?

Answer

7. What is one thing you would change about hockey to make it an Intergalactic sport?

Answer

8. Fill in this blank: I do it for the ____________? (Money, fame, Glory, to see the tears of my enemies?)

Answer

9. What is the one Ace up your sleeve you always save when your team needs a miracle?

Answer

10. Are you happy with the type of player you are becoming?

Answer

11. Can insanity bring about more creativity?

Answer

12. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Answer

13. At what point are we good enough?

Answer

1. Would you ever get a cybernetic body part to improve your performance out on the ice?

You'd be stupid not to 

2. Do you think there would be more or less issues between humans if we discovered aliens?

It would depend if they look like us or not. If they do then we'd be better to each other if they were very different we'd be ass hats

4. Would you ever throw a game for money?

How much we talkin

8. Fill in this blank: I do it for the ____________? (Money, fame, Glory, to see the tears of my enemies?)

Glory

9. What is the one Ace up your sleeve you always save when your team needs a miracle?

I turn a magnet on in my glove to stop all the pucks on the planet

13. At what point are we good enough?

When you're happy

🐺 Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 🐺

Week Ending February 28th 2021

1. Heading into the Playoffs, the Wolves are currently 2nd in the North American Conference behind the Chicago Phoenix. What is one weakness that you can see that Chicago has to beat them?
  2. How did your player do this season? Are you happy with their performance?
  3. What is one job on the forum that you want to take on? Why?
  4. Who are you rooting for in the VHLM Playoffs? Why?
  5. STORY TIME! Our own Andrew Su is tied for the league lead in points with 121. What is the best story that you have with him?
  6. What is your goal for the offseason? What attributes are you looking to improve on?
  7. Who do you think is the most underrated player on the team? Why?
  8. We have a couple players retiring this offseason, Griff Manzer and Jimmy Spyro, both of which have played for Vancouver for their entire Career. Say something nice about them.
  9. Where is your favorite place to travel to in the offseason? Why?
  10. Are you watching WandaVision? If you are, what are your thoughts on the show so far? No Spoilers please. 
  11. What is your favorite part of the VHL? Why?
  12. @PatrikLainerecently posted about VHL's Mental Health Initiative which is so important. What is one resource that you could share that may help someone?

52 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1. Heading into the Playoffs, the Wolves are currently 2nd in the North American Conference behind the Chicago Phoenix. What is one weakness that you can see that Chicago has to beat them?
  5. STORY TIME! Our own Andrew Su is tied for the league lead in points with 121. What is the best story that you have with him?
  6. What is your goal for the offseason? What attributes are you looking to improve on?
  8. We have a couple players retiring this offseason, Griff Manzer and Jimmy Spyro, both of which have played for Vancouver for their entire Career. Say something nice about them.
  10. Are you watching WandaVision? If you are, what are your thoughts on the show so far? No Spoilers please. 
  12. @PatrikLainerecently posted about VHL's Mental Health Initiative which is so important. What is one resource that you could share that may help someone?

2. I would say my player did about as you could expect from a rookie who went up early, a solid season but no really flashy numbers yet. Overall I'm fine with it.

4. Well the Philadelphia Reapers of course, my old team that still has a bunch of the people on the roster who I played with last season.

6. I'm currently considering whether it's worth it to invest into Hitting or not. It's not an attribute I wanted to go for early but at this point it's getting so cheap compared to everything else that it's tough to pass on it.

9. Either a nice vacation at a lake house if traveling abroad isn't an option, if it is then the Mediterranean!

10. I do not but I overheard some of my teammates talking about, maybe I will have to tune in some time...

11. How easy and straight-forward it is to navigate things compared to other leagues.

5 hours ago, Poptart said:

2. My player did fairly well for a rookie, I did not score much but I was practically a net neutral for my team and showed some great development

3. I'm unsure, I could maybe want to go into team management in the near future somewhere.

6. I want to get smarter, the league is so much faster that I need to be faster mentally too

8. As a career Vanouver player, they've been tremendous warriors and have done a great job teaching me in my rookie year

9. Whistler because it's so close and I love skiing!

11. I love the ability to improve quite quickly but I also enjoy having a learning curve to overcome

On 2/22/2021 at 10:28 AM, Poptart said:

2. I can admit that my rookie season wasn't the best but I can at least say that it wasn't the worst. I'm grateful to be on a good team with supporting teammates that helped me out and supported me when I did good. I can only go up from here, I did it in Mexico City and I'll happily do it in Vancouver.

4. LETS GO MEXICOOOOOOOO. Win the cup for me boys! Kings all day every day, WOO.

6. My goal this offseason is to put in more work and get better, I want numbers on the stat sheet, I want to help the team and I want to be even better than I was last season. Improvement by numbers.

8. As a rookie coming into the majors and making myself known around the league it's always good to have a veteran presence to help motivate and give tips and tricks on what to do. Both Manzer and Spyro were great and nice people to me and while it's a shame to see them retire, it was a pleasure to get to work with them.

9. Growing up my number one place of vacation and comfort would be Orlando, Florida. Since I'm older and traveling around with the team, simply returning home in New York would be another destination I'd go to in the offseason.

11. My favorite part of the VHL is the history, the statistics and the seriousness of the league. This is everything I've ever wanted in a league, a place with nice people, a rich history to look into and teams to represent that want to win. We all love hockey and we all want to have a great time. 

1. How did your player do this season? Are you happy with their performance? Yeah considering I tied for 1st in the league for points, I'm pretty excited.
  2. What is one job on the forum that you want to take on? Why? No jobs really interest me right now. I'm a bit too busy with school.
  3. What is your goal for the offseason? What attributes are you looking to improve on? Just maintain the build I have right now and not regress.
  4. We have a couple players retiring this offseason, Griff Manzer and Jimmy Spyro, both of which have played for Vancouver for their entire Career. Say something nice about them. Both are part of the heart and soul of the team. It'll be tough in the future without them.
  5. Are you watching WandaVision? If you are, what are your thoughts on the show so far? No Spoilers please. Nope, one of my friends is though, and he thinks its one of the best shows ever made.
  6. What is your favorite part of the VHL? Why? The sims, and seeing your player do well. It's just nice to see that your player is contributing to the team.

Week Ending March 7th 2021

1. The season did not end up as planned as we fell short to the Chicago Phoenix in the second round. What's something you can takeaway from this season?
  2. What is your player's plans for the offseason?
  3. What is your favorite meal from Chick Fil A?
  4. Do you have any pets? If you don't what would you get and why?
  5. If you could play any other position in the VHL, what would it be? Why?
  6. What is one thing you would do if you were the GM of the Vancouver Wolves?
  7. What team do you like seeing lose? Why?
  8. What is your favorite Taylor Swift song and why is it all of them?

Edited by Poptart

13 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1. The season did not end up as planned as we fell short to the Chicago Phoenix in the second round. What's something you can takeaway from this season?

1. You need me on your 4th line next year lol

2. Get ready to get his ass kicked in the VHL haha.

3. Chicken Sandwich w/waffle fries and a Coke

4. 2 cats, Melvin & Cali.

5. Goalie, cause that’s the best position IMO.

6. Win a championship.

7. In real life, University of Alabama, my profile pic should explain why.

8. XD. “Mean” cause I like country music.

16 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1) We're not going to want to get swept again, this feeling is going to be sunk deeply in our mind for a long time

2) Work, I need to get better to get more playing time

3) Spicy chicken sandwich meal -- but add bacon on the sandwich

4) I don't, but I really want a dog. I love dogs

5) I would play goalie, I would love to stop other people from scoring

6) I would immediately get rid of @Poptart

12 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1. Truthfully, even though we didn't get the result we wanted I always believe that we did good this season. We had a winning season, we made it to the playoffs, we took down one of our biggest rivals and got revenge against the Dragons, we made it to the final 4. Granted it could have been better but it could have been MUCH worse.

2. I want to get better, that's every offseason. I spend my first few days healing and relaxing and then I get back to work and put in a lot of effort to be in a good condition for the next season so I can do better than my last one.

4. I got two cats at home, precious souls that definitely miss me when I'm gone.

5. I feel like I would be very interested in how I would be as a goalie, a complete change of position so I'm curious how I would be. Someone to rely on or someone that can't stop a beach ball.

6. If I was the GM, I would focus on drafting. I would see how good the draft class is, how deep it is and what we would need to help build a young core of good hidden pieces to take in. I would look for players with good stats, not top of the class exactly.

7. At first I enjoyed seeing the Dragons lose because of the rivalry along with the Bears, now however after this postseason I will be focusing on the Phoenix's demise.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, Poptart said:

1. That the regular season doesn't matter when it comes to playoff time. No matter how many wins you racked up over the year, you always start at zero again in a playoff series.

2. Work hard to get better in every are, but especially the physical aspects of the game.

3. I don't care for this bigoted company, sorry.

4. I don't have any pets but I could never say no to a good loyal doggo!

5. Probably Center, as it would still allow me to embrace the defensive aspects of the game while also getting more involved offensively and playing a role that works very differently.

6. I think we have great leadership so I don't think I would change too much!

On 3/4/2021 at 3:36 PM, Poptart said:

1. The season did not end up as planned as we fell short to the Chicago Phoenix in the second round. What's something you can takeaway from this season?

We made it to the playoffs and played decently well. Gettin that EXPERIENCE

2. What is your player's plans for the offseason?

Relaxation station

spicy chicken sandy with no pickles

I have a cat

5. If you could play any other position in the VHL, what would it be? Why?

I wouldnt. I'll always be a goalie forever

Any team from chicago no matter what

1. What is your player's plans for the offseason? Maintain my current form and pace.
  2. What is your favorite meal from Chick Fil A? No Idea I live in Canada, we don't have Chick Fli A.
  3. Do you have any pets? If you don't what would you get and why? Dogs, because they're the best bois.
  4. If you could play any other position in the VHL, what would it be? Why? Defence, less pressure to put up big points.
  5. What is one thing you would do if you were the GM of the Vancouver Wolves?  All in for these 3 next seasons.
  6. What team do you like seeing lose? Why? Any philly team, just don't like the teams and fanbase. 

Week Ending March 14th 2021

1. Who do you think was the biggest steal of the draft last night?
  2. Say words of advice to the new Vancouver Wolves. What is something you should tell them?
  3. What is your expectation for your player this season? 
  4. What do you consider to be a successful season this year? Is it all or nothing?
  5. What's one free agent that you'd love to see come to Vancouver?
  6. How would you describe the locker room to new members?
  7. What is your favorite memory of the VHL so far?
  8. Say something about someone on the team!

50 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1. Say words of advice to the new Vancouver Wolves. What is something you should tell them?
    1. Keep up the grind, and you'll be doing great. Don't expect killer rookie seasons with the amount of depth we currently have on the roster.
  2. What is your expectation for your player this season? 
    1. Challenge for the Stats again.
  3. What do you consider to be a successful season this year? Is it all or nothing?
    1. It's always all or nothing. I'd say with how our roster is looking, the cup is our definite goal.
  4. What's one free agent that you'd love to see come to Vancouver?
    1. Hugh Jass would be a nice pickup for some D depth.
  5. How would you describe the locker room to new members?
    1. Quiet at times, but pretty friendly.
  6. Say something about someone on the team!
    1. Markus Emerson Jr congrats on getting the new starter job.

3 hours ago, Poptart said:

2. Say words of advice to the new Vancouver Wolves. What is something you should tell them?
  4. What do you consider to be a successful season this year? Is it all or nothing?

1. Wolverine, I've been watching him work and he's a unit

2. Enjoy getting pummeled by me in practice

3. Breakout season. A point every two games

4. A championship, that's always the goal

6. A hungry family that pushes each other

7. Getting drafted, all the disrespect only made me stronger

4 hours ago, Poptart said:

2. Don't expect perfection but don't sell yourself short. Your attributes from the VHLM will look nothing like the big leagues. We all want to have record breaking rookie years but sadly that's a flash in the pan. Aim to be good and aim to be better.

3. I expect my player to be better than he was last season. With King and Thightrap out of the team, I believe I'll play a center role instead of left wing. Faceoff king baby.

4. A successful season is being over .500 and making playoffs. Whether we get the cup or swept in the first round, if we can be a winning team and proud of that, that's what matters. The cup is the goal but we shouldn't say its a fail if it doesn't happen.

6. Our locker room is calm yet fun, we're helpful when we need to and throw light jabs at one another when the opportunity comes.

7. My favorite memory has to be my first hat trick, it was so sudden and unexpected to where I thought it was a joke. When I saw how real it was (Despite losing that game), it made me really happy to see me benefit the team as a rookie.

8. She's no longer on the team but I'll still say this. Venus, thank you for your help on what to focus on and how to become a better player. I hope your advice pays off for my future in the VHL. Advice means a lot to rookies here, especially from a captain on the team.

10 hours ago, Poptart said:

1. I didn't really get to follow the draft so... Whoever we got? So Barron Kruulenstien it is! Getting a guy like Duncan Idaho at 3rd Overall almost seems like a steal as well, if you can even say that in such a high pick region.

2. Be a good teammate to the people around you but the end of the day, make sure that you play the game in a way that you enjoy and that you like it on your team, otherwise what's the point?

3. To build on my rookie season and steadily improve, especially offensively.

4. It's certainly not all or nothing, there have been some changes to our roster which could take some time to adjust to, but after those growing pains I think we can be compeitive again.

6. Friendly, helpful and active.

7. Winning the cup with the now defunct Cologne Express after helping to build that cup winning team.

14 hours ago, Poptart said:

2. If you are ever gonna max earn TPE, now is the time.

3. 3 goals, 6 assists.

4. We need everything, otherwise we did OK, unless we did bad.

6. Intriguing, especially as a first gen.

7. This is VHLM, but being on Miami’s Cup-winning team in 74. Good times.

8. Sandstorm’s last name is Sandstorm.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:15 PM, Poptart said:

I fell asleep before the draft so i have 0 clue

2. Say words of advice to the new Vancouver Wolves. What is something you should tell them? 

Dont get behind on updating like I have been

3. What is your expectation for your player this season? 

I expect to be pretty average 

6. How would you describe the locker room to new members? 

Great! it's not as overwhelming as I thought it would be when I first jumped up

7. What is your favorite memory of the VHL so far?

Just making it to the playoffs in my first season was amazing!

Week Ending March 21st 2021

1. With @Beaviss stepping down as GM, I want you to say your best memory of him. Maybe it's advice he gave or a time you had with him. 
  2. If you were the blues, who would you have step up and be the next GM?
  3. How to do you focus on the league with the changes going on in the Front Office. Does it make it harder or are you looking forward to trying impress whomever the new boss is?
  4. If you could have your perfect linemates, who would they be? For goalies, who would be your defensive pairing that you look forward to seeing on the ice. 
  5. What is your favorite workout to do during the offseason?
  6. What's your mindset during a game, any pregame rituals?
  7. What is one piece of advice that your parents gave you?

Just now, Poptart said:

1. With @Beaviss stepping down as GM, I want you to say your best memory of him. Maybe it's advice he gave or a time you had with him. 
  3. How to do you focus on the league with the changes going on in the Front Office. Does it make it harder or are you looking forward to trying impress whomever the new boss is?
  4. If you could have your perfect linemates, who would they be? For goalies, who would be your defensive pairing that you look forward to seeing on the ice. 

1. My best memory is not hearing from him till after draft night after talking to him for like a week ago. And also I guess talking sim leagues and build advice occasionally.

2. No comment on that, but I hope it's someone that I hope it is

3. I'm working hard just for myself

4. Whoever can pass me the puck -- I'm a scorer and I need people to set me up

5. I love pull ups, they're amazing for the upper body and core. 

6. I'm the best, and will be the best as long as I continue working this hard -- my ritual is just being myself. 

8 minutes ago, Poptart said:

1. I just got here, but he seemed like a nice guy, and I wish him the best.
2. I would have their AGM become the GM because he or she would be experienced and have lots of knowledge on the roster.
3. I'm just trying to win games, I don't care who is in the FO LOL.
4. I don't have perfect linemates, because I believe that I play well with everyone.
5. My favourite workout would be pushups, because you can do them anywhere and they are easy to do.
6. My mindset is the get the puck in the back of the net, and do whatever it takes to do that.
7. Never give up

1 hour ago, Poptart said:

1. I remember in the LR, I was saying how weird it was that I’d have to click on VHL games instead of VHLM next year, and he said, “You get used to it.” 
2. The most qualified person, don’t think I should be commenting about this.

3. I’m just waiting to see who my new boss is, and then, if I don’t particularly care for them, a return to a team owned by @Ricer13 may happen sooner than I thought.

4. Sandstorm, Kris Rice, and @Rayzor_7’s player.

5. Toe touches haha.

6. “Run over the other team”

7. Look before you cross the street.

7 hours ago, Poptart said:

1. He was very nice to me when I first got drafted. Gave me great advice and overall I had an awesome time chatting with him. It's a shame he's stepping down.

2. EagleEye. Guy is new to VHL but he's a good HC in SBA and a good AD in EFL.

3. I'm just gonna do what I've always done, no changes needed.

5. Squats. Gotta get them glutes strong.

6. Just to hit the enemy as hard as I can.

7. Never change for those that don't deserve an ally like you.