Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

🐺 Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 🐺

Week Ending April 4th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With the season nearing its mid-way point, how has your performance thus far been compared to your expectations?
  2. Is there a difference between the team performance now versus what you expected?
  3. Who on our team could you see as a future captain?
  4. If you could play with one person currently in the VHLm, who would it be?
  5. Which team do you think has the best branding in the league?
  6. Your locker broke, who on the team are you asking to share a locker with?
  7. If you could play any other position, which one would you choose, or why wouldn't you choose a different one?
  8. Who on the team comes to games in the best outfits?

1 minute ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. With the season nearing its mid-way point, how has your performance thus far been compared to your expectations?
  2. Is there a difference between the team performance now versus what you expected?
  7. If you could play any other position, which one would you choose, or why wouldn't you choose a different one?

1. I've got 7 goals and 21 points in our first 33 games, which is a lot more than last year, so i'm really happy about that. THeyve actually exceeded my expectations.
2. I thought our team was going to be a top team, and Houston is balling right now.
3. I'm not sure, as I'm not a Vancouver roster player yet.
4. Obviously me, but if it were'nt me, maybe Cody Lachance?
5. Houston has an amazing logo
6. Cody
7. I wouldn't because I can;t play goalie and I can;t win faceoffs LOL
8. Me of course

4 minutes ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Personal performance is about what I expected. Good record with half decent save percentage and awful GAA lol

2. I expected us a little higher in the standings but we've had a lot of 1 goal games. Should be easy enough to bounce back.

3. Definitely Sosa or Su. They're both very active in the lockerroom

4. -

5. I mean, what can be any better than a wolf?

6. I'd probably volun-tell Tucker to share.

7. Stick with Goalie. Too much skating when youre a forward or defense.

8. -

1 hour ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. I’m doing well but I wish I was doing better

2. I didn’t really have an expectation coming into this season

5. I personally don’t look for that stuff so I have zero idea tbh 

6. The tot

7. Goalie for life. Me exceptions

8. Me Ofc I only rock the best gear and everyone on the team wishes they could match me

20 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. My performance can certainly be better, I'll be honest. I'm looking at the pros and cons with my performance and I would at least hope to say that I could have more goals this season than last if I keep up the pace with my performance. I can be better in other places however.

2. Right now, I expected more. We are currently under .500, losing to bad teams despite our talent and now in the playoff run. With some change I can definitely see us back on track, alive and kicking. I expected another offseason appearance and I'm hoping we can get there.

3. I've always believed Sandstrom can be a captain for our team, he's gonna be in Vancouver for a long time and he's been one of our best performing players on the team.

4. I would say prospects in the Vancouver system like Li would be someone, I was in his shoes being a rookie coming to the big leagues soon and I would want to get chemistry working along with tips of how different the VHL is from the VHLM.

5. Branding wise, I would say Moscow does. Everywhere I see people chanting the city name and they show pride in their team, team name is catchy and things seem to work for em. 

7. I feel like being a defenseman would be quite fun, would be less pressure than being a forward and I would have certain things to focus on. However, I enjoy my position of being a center.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:24 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Worse than expected, wanted to be leading the league by this point.

2. Nope, I suspected than we would struggle this season.

3. Onde or Stallion

6. Stallion, old bud from S72

7. Goalie, i can blame STHS more

8. Onde

Week Ending April 18th 2021

1. What are you doing to prep for the end of the season?
  2. Is there anyone on the team who's line you haven't been on who you'd want to play with?
  3. What is your favorite TV show to watch currently?
  4. If you could chose one movie to describe your player's life what would you choose?
  5. If you had to rename our team, what would you rename the Wolves to and why?
  6. Who on the team cooks the best food?
  7. What type of music do you listen to before games?
  8. Who do you see as the odds on favorite to win the cup this year?

On 4/12/2021 at 2:53 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

2. Is there anyone on the team who's line you haven't been on who you'd want to play with?
  4. If you could chose one movie to describe your player's life what would you choose?

1. just practicing a lot to get better
2. im in vhlm so i would like a chance to play with everyone on the wolves rn
5. Vancouver Whalers, because it sounds cool
6. Tater Tot, as per his name
7. Classical
8. over 50%

On 4/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. To prepare for the end of the season I've been putting in more work on improving myself, making sure I train more often and make a point to get better in the hopes of reaching the postseason again. I also focus more heavily on any good luck charms, for instance wearing a certain hat coming to the arena while going on a winning streak and more. If it can transfer over luck then I'll gladly take it.

3. Shows like Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra currently, good remembrance of my childhood growing up and very entertaining stuff to look back on and feel that nostalgia.

5. I've always had the idea of the Vancouver Reindeers before I came here. I definitely enjoy the team's name, colors and more but i feel like Reindeers is a more... unique name? That's the best way I can put it. 

6. We literally have a dude on the team named Tater Tot, you can guess which one on the team makes the best taters.

7. I listen to rap, rock, metal, alternative.. I usually listen to anything in general, I'm open when it comes to music but before games I listen to stuff that hypes me and the team up or a song that has been stuck in my head. 

8. Vancouver Wolves. We look shaky now but we have chances of making playoffs. I want to focus on us and only us on winning. No other team unless we get eliminated. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:53 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Maintaining the grind and hoping we can get in the playoffs

2. I'm a goalie so I play with everyone already

3. I just started watching Criminal Minds

5. I think the names good tbh and anything else would sound weird but people are creative.

7. Listen to some Rammstein to get my hyped up

8. Warsaw will win this year no doubt

On 4/12/2021 at 11:53 PM, Sixersfan594 said:
  • What are you doing to prep for the end of the season?
  • Is there anyone on the team who's line you haven't been on who you'd want to play with?
  • What is your favorite TV show to watch currently?
  • If you could chose one movie to describe your player's life what would you choose?
  • If you had to rename our team, what would you rename the Wolves to and why?
  • Who on the team cooks the best food?
  • What type of music do you listen to before games?
  • Who do you see as the odds on favorite to win the cup this year?

1. Keep working hard and focus on myself and the things I can influence.

3. I'm binging Taskmaster quite a bit at the moment

5. Quebec City Meute :P

6. Onde Sandstorm make same great Swedish food that makes me think of home!

7. Rock and Metal mostly to get pumped!

8. Warsaw is looking quite dominant at the moment...

On 4/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Just standard training

2. Not sure, any lines that allow us to win are fine with me

3. Spartacus, Old but gold

6. Stallion, man makes a mean pancake

7. Rock + Roll

8. Warsaw

Week Ending April 25th 2021

1. If there was one player who you would always want to play with, who would it be?
  2. Which team do you consider our largest rival?
  3. Who in the locker room can you trust on aux before the game, what are they playing?
  4. What did you think you improved the most on this year?
  5. Is there anything you think you can improve in the off-season to help us out more next year?
  6. What's your favorite type of food?
  7. You signed an endorsement, which company do you choose? Who's gear do you like the most. 
  8. Is there any prospect you would really want to add to our team in the future?

21 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. If there was one player who you would always want to play with, who would it be?
  3. Who in the locker room can you trust on aux before the game, what are they playing?
  5. Is there anything you think you can improve in the off-season to help us out more next year?
  7. You signed an endorsement, which company do you choose? Who's gear do you like the most. 
  8. Is there any prospect you would really want to add to our team in the future?

1. Anyone on the team, but maybe Tater Tot
2. Moscow, because i know the GM personally
4. I'm not sure on the main team, but I improved by quadrupling my points this season in Houston
6. Junk food, ie. McDonalds
7. Bauer gloves are amazing
8. Me, obviously

On 4/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. My brother, Bahram Kamkar

2. The Warsaw Predators, cause they're a top team/

4. Defense for sure.

5. My strength, and discipline while checking. Maybe some passing too

6. Junk food all day.

7. Adidas. I've a long history with them and their gear.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:02 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Taro Tsujimoto. He's ranked as the top guy in my draft class and I personally would love to see his efforts on the ice from a teammate perspective instead of opponent.

2. Chicago Phoenix at the moment. We handled Seattle and D.C. now we want revenge against Chicago.

4. Tater Tot definitely showed a lot of improvement this year and I'm quite proud of the efforts he put in for this team.

5. I definitely want to score a lot more, I want to help the team out in any way that I can and I feel like I could simply do better in that department. Luckily, I've been scoring a bit more than last season but I want to definitely up my numbers more and more.

6. Favorite type would have to be stuff like snacks, I do my best to eat healthy throughout my day but having a snack or something small when travelling or late at night is always good. Stuff like pretzels, granola bars, etc.

7. There's plenty of ideas but I would say for hockey equipment I'd go with Bauer for sure but I'm also a big adidas guy myself so those two would be my picks.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:02 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Tater Tot for sure, we both came up in Minnesota and here we are.

2. I don’t really like that Chicago team, so I’ll say them.

3. Me playing country music lol

4. I got my fighting up to 70, which made a huge difference.
5. More scoring would be helpful lol

6. Pasta, I’m fucking addicted.

7. I’d do McDonalds, because they have grat French fries. Not really sure about the gear, though.

8. Nope! Y’all just choose wisely.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:02 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Tots but we cant play at the same time :(

2. Any team in Chicago is enemy number 1

3. Honestly anyone but myself. I have zero taste
4. My reaction time for sure

5. Just improving all around and keeping up with training

6. Italian. Pasta is love

On 4/22/2021 at 10:02 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. L and R, for the meme potential

2. Seattle

3. Stallion, some nice rock and roll

5. Just maintain what I've been doing, maybe improve my faceoffs

6. Fried Chicken

7. CCM, personally I just find their gear way more comfortable than other brands.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:32 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1.  Definitely Anze Miklavz @McKelvie as we've had great chemistry during our time in Mexico City.

2. Probably Chicago, as they've been the juggernaut of the league for the past couple of seasons.

3. Unfortunately I don't know the guys in this room too well (just visiting, hey!). But I'd hope that if I played in Vancouver I'd be trusted with the aux 🔥 😈

4. Putting the puck in the back of the net.  It was a slow start at first, finding some bearings in the league with a new team but a couple weeks in and the goals just kept comin'.

6. Big fan of anything Mexican, playing in Mexico was quite the treat.

7. Nike

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

1. With our season recently ending, what is one thing you'll remember from this year?
  2. How do you look to improve this off-season?
  3. Who's helping you move stuff out of the locker room for off-season renovations?
  4. How can we improve next year?
  5. After losing to the Los Angeles Stars, are you rooting for them so we lost to the eventual champion?
  6. What did you eat to console yourself after the playoff loss?
  7. Why do you think Vancouver will be an ideal UFA destination?
  8. Is there any prospect you want us to draft? Who sticks out?

3 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

1. With our season recently ending, what is one thing you'll remember from this year?
  3. Who's helping you move stuff out of the locker room for off-season renovations?
  5. After losing to the Los Angeles Stars, are you rooting for them so we lost to the eventual champion?

1. Just comping back to play and keep with it everything better this season

2. Really try my best to keep staying on top of updating

3. Me, Myself, and I. I am just that awesome

4. We need a better Defense. We're letting way to many shots through

5. Yeah I'm okay with them winning and we'll have an excuse for losing

6. Chick fil a. Number 1 without pickles and a dr pepper

10 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

1. I definitely won't forget how crazy of a season this was, the win streaks, the losing streaks, the records and high scores everyone on the team broke. I'll say this, it felt really good ending the season with that 3 game winning streak and having Emerson come in after enough rest to finish it off.

2. I hope to keep improving my stats season by season, I hope to hopefully go up in the lines and I simply hope to do some good for Vancouver next season.

3. I usually help myself when it comes to solo stuff like that, better to let me touch my own things and let the guys do theirs as well. It's good help and there's certainly some good people here to help out, however when it comes to stuff out the locker rooms... Lone Wolf mentality.

4. Change, Change, Change. When we keep losing, we change the lines, when we're red hot we can keep things the same but we certainly need to change things up more often when things don't work out. Possibly start trading a bit more for smaller acquisitions like picks and lower line people to boost up the depth.

5. Usually you would either cheer for the person who took you out to go all the way or for them to be eliminated as soon as possible. Personally I would want the Stars to win the cup, I remember for quite sometime the team being at the bottom of the standings, not doing well and now they're in the playoffs... You can't help but be proud for them honestly. 

6. Well with the season over, it's time to relax a little bit. Sit back and junk out for a bit before getting back into the swing of things when the next season begins. Gonna get my hands on some M&M's possibly.

13 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

2. Just trying to maintain the same level I'm at rn.

3. Stallion

4. Getting more depth and a first option on D and goalies.

6. Burritos

7. Good team that is only lacking a few pieces

8. No idea who's even in the draft 

Week Ending May 9th/16th 2021 -- Depending When you answer

1. What did you think about this VHL season as a whole? Did you feel like Seattle deserved a championship?
  2. Which team(s) do you think have the easiest path to contention following this off-season?
  3. Which team(s) do you think will take a step back after this off-season?
  4. The conditioning coach offers you pizza, beer, and fries, what do you do? Do you accept it or is it a trap?
  5. Which teammate do you text every morning when you wake up? What do you text him/her?
  6. The team sponsors a new console for you to buy, which console do you buy using the team's money?
  7. Which prospects are you most excited to see get drafted into the VHL?
  8. Which VHLm team do you root for, and why?