Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 5/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, Philliefan said:

New Presser!

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

2. Are you excited for the season to start? (hint: yes)

3. With whom are you most excited to play this season?

4. Who's your least favorite player in the league?

5. What brand have you signed with, or are hoping to sign with?

6. What is your personal goal for the season?

7. What is your goal for the team this season?

8. What attribute(s) do you plan to focus on improving?

9. What's your favorite part of the VHL?

10. What brand of stick do you use?

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

Not a draftee, but I was part of the team last season, so always nice to see that you still in the team when new seasons starts, trades etc are part of the business, so never know 100%, happy to be back and looking forward to seeing how the season goes!

Yes, quite few new faces and the goal scoring depth has gone through the roof - expecting good things from the players and from the team.

I don´t have any favorites, but whoever is on the same line with me - I´m looking forward to hopefully being part of working lineup where each player makes the next guy that much better.

Joel Ylonen, I think I fought the guy two times last season, not sure why, but when I see him and I guess when he sees me, we will go at it.

I was with the Haterade, but ended up terminating the contract. Not too pleased on how the team looked and played, we got steamrolled in the tournament. Was fun while it lasted, but for now I´m going to finish my career as a free agent.

Not sure how realistic it is, but 45 goals would be cool to see. Got 31 last year, but I have also improved as a player fair amount since that and also the team was struggling last year little bit, so fair chance to get that 45 with improved team even if it sounds high.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, Philliefan said:

New Presser!

1. This team was 2nd on my list so I am very happy to be joining. I am from Vancouver so I want to end that hockey championship drought even if its a fake hockey league.

3. I am excited to play the expansion teams as they were tied for number 1 on my teams to play for but they passed on me in the draft multiple times. I want to prove them that they made the wrong choice.

6. My personal goal is to reach 20 goals and 50 points at least. That is a solid rookie season in the VHL.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, Philliefan said:

New Presser!

I really hope we get to see some playoff action in Vancouver, would be great for the players in the team, but also great for Vancouver as a organization!

Scoring mainly, been thinking about maybe adding some checking in there to get some kind of physical energy going, but not sure yet - bit worried about the potential penalty minutes, but scoring and skating/puckhandling for now!

I like the fact that you can write stories and use that to improve your player.  Sometimes I even get good chuckle while writing my ´amusing´ stories, so time well spent! Of course seeing your own player come up from nothing and be a good player is another fun thing to follow!

-  I am in my rookie season, previously drafted just one season prior to this, and I have to say that I am very happy here, Vancouver has been very accepting of me and I love being here. 

- Season has been fun thus far, ups and downs, personal performance has been slightly stinted but because of the team success I am okay with this. . 

- Probably Jagger, really enjoy his build and happy to have the opportunity to play with him, hopefully some day on the same pairing. 

- Not going to start drama, but his name is better known for three letters rather than a full name ;)

- I am with Ferda, been with them since the last tourney and I signed a two tournament deal with them, so we will see just how that goes. 

- Just contribute honestly, in what ways I have no clue, whatever works for the team success I suppose. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Philliefan said:

7) I think we can go all the way. The NA conference is shaping up to be a bit weaker than the EU, so I think we can take advantage of that and do really well.

8) My goal is to become a playmaking center. I'd like to get my Passing to 90, defence to 90, and scoring to 80.

9) Building my player and chatting with the good people I've met so far

9) Koho Revolution. Yellow.

Going to ask a few to my fellow teammates to get my other TPE

1) We've reached the quarter mark of the season, how do you feel you and your team has performed thus far?

2) What can your team do to continue their success or improve their situation?

3) What has your player brought to the table for your team so far this season?

4) Any teammates that you feel have done a great job, either on or off the ice and deserve a shoutout?

5) Any predictions for where your team will end up when it's all said and done in S66?

New Presser!

1. How are you getting along with your line mates?

2. Where do you see us going this season?

3. Favorites Teammate in the wolf pack?

4. Favorite team to play against.

5. Which Player on a different team do you just love to score against?

6. Who has been your favorite rival this season?

7. How have you been progressing toward your goal?

8. Which team do you think is drop off before the season ends.

9. What is your pre-game meal?

10. Any pre-game rituals?

2 hours ago, rjfryman said:

New Presser!

Pretty well I´d say, Gritty and Jagr are both young and talented players, I´m more of a veteran presence in that line, but we work together well and only getting better as a unit once we get to know each other more and more.

Playoffs of course! From there on I´m expecting a solid performance and trip to the finals, there anything is possible really.

I´ll say Beau Louth, we have a friendly rivalry going on since we are both centers and we have been in the team for some time now.

Riga games are good games always, like playing against them! Get to see high energy action where anything and everything can happen.

Kallis Kriketers and in the past Roger Sterling, these days we play in the same team, but he played in Seattle and in those games I always looked forward scoring a goal or two

HHH from Riga, the little rascal even challenged me to a fight, gotta kick his ass next time we meet and keep the rivalry going on.

(answering more next week;) )

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, rjfryman said:

New Presser!

1) Not so bad. We allow a lot of goals though :(

2) I think we have a deep enough team that come play off time, us newer folk will be improved enough to contribute and we can go deep into the playoffs.

3) Love em all!

4) Going up against the good teams in the EU conference is fun to measure up. Helsinki.

5) Scoring on my man @leafssteen is a blast!

6) I don't know if we really have a rival. I'll say the Bears cause Bears eat Wolves.

- Linemate has been stellar, the whole team has, I am very happy with Vancouver as a whole. 

- I'd like to say all the way like any team would love to see, however it depends how we close the season. After a huge start we've kind of been up and down, so we need a huge up swing to keep it going. 

- Jagger is a good guy, I've known him even outside of the league so it was nice to see a familiar face. 

- I share a lot of history with the Seattle Bears, so just playing against them is a good time. 

- HHH, we were points rivals in the VHLM and will likely be somewhat competitive towards one another the remainder of our careers. 

- Team wise, not sure if we have one, at least not one I care to be involved with, answer to the player is mentioned above. 

- I just try to add to my game weekly, put in all my practice hours, I stay active, stay happy, stay motivated and just grind. It's all I can do until things come to fruition. 

- It's hard to say, plenty of season left for miracles to happen for some teams and for others to crumble, I would be shocked if Malmo got knocked off their high-horse but they are having a good first year so maybe them? 

- Something light, maybe just a cliff bar or something with some good protein and a bit of liquids, nothing fancy or huge. 

- My family is very religious so I always say a prayer before hitting the ice. 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:06 PM, rjfryman said:

New Presser!

Hard work has been the key, just kept going despite sometimes it felt like nothing went it. Now that hard work is starting to pay off in a big way.

Hopefully one of Toronto, New York or Calgary, that way we make the playoffs for sure! Really tight so far, so tough to say really who could be it.

Giant bowl of past and meat, simple, but it really works and I have the energy to play hard all game long.

Nothing too fancy, that pre-game meal is one, try to eat well before every game and take a short nap before heading over to the rink.

4. I like playing against the new Malmo team. That seems to be the only team I can put up points against.

7. I have not been progressing as well as I would have liked. 8 goals and 4 assists for just 12 points through 55ish games. Not good. I hope to break at least 20

8. Malmo has shown to drop off already

On 5/21/2019 at 7:41 PM, TheFlash said:

1) We've reached the quarter mark of the season, how do you feel you and your team has performed thus far?

4) Any teammates that you feel have done a great job, either on or off the ice and deserve a shoutout?

5) Any predictions for where your team will end up when it's all said and done in S66?

Late answer, but I think we had a solid start to the season - played well as a team and managed to win games! On individual level the season has been great, playing the best hockey of my career so far, so all rainbows and sunshine really!

Gotta keep putting the puck into the net, we have the firepower to roll with multiple scoring lines and be dangerous against every team, just need to make sure we are deadly and keep it simple in front of the net, no need to make fancy plays - shoot the puck and guys crash the net, good stuff will happen.

Powerplay magic, been having a lot of fun out there on man advantage, quite often the special teams win or lose you games, solid PP goes long way in winning!

My buddy IRL Clayton Park (haven't scored against him yet though lol)

Anyone we can win against at this point lol

I've been doing okay. Have hard a hard time getting a lot of points due to limited ice time, but I'm seeing an increase in +/- (I've had a few +3 games lately) so that's nice!

Unfortunately it seems like we are the team dropping off but I hope we can turn it around!

6 Tacos and a delissio pizza

Nap!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How are you getting along with your linemates?

Well, I've definitely been playing better than I was last season, and I think better chemistry with my teammates is a big part of that.

Everyone! ;)

Chick-Fil-A nuggets, lemonade, and fries. Deeeeeeelicious

• 2 weeks later...

New Presser!

1. What did you do during this offseason?

2. How do you feel about last season's results?

3. How do you feel about this next season's results?

4. Who are you most excited to play with on our roster? Of the new faces/ of returning teammates.

5. What are your goals for this coming season?

6. What do you think about the GM's moves this offseason?

7. Which rookie do you think will have the best season?

8. Which player(s) do you think will get an all-star node this season?

9. What was the last junk food you had before starting training camp and getting back on diet?

10. What rookie prank do you like doing the most/ which rookie do you think will get pranked the most?

Trained hard and promoted myself for the draft. Excited to have landed here

To work on my game, be a reliable backup and do what I can to help the team achieve its goals

I liked the moves, GM has put together a solid team and filled up holes that were needed in order to make another run at the finals

7. Which rookie do you think will have the best season?

Micheal Gary Scott! Looking forward to see how he does this season

9. What was the last junk food you had before starting training camp and getting back on diet?

Not so much junk food but loaded up on some Poutine before training camp, not sure if going back on diet yet as I need to build up some bulk

10. What rookie prank do you like doing the most/ which rookie do you think will get pranked the most?

As a rookie and a backup goalie I think majority of the pranks will be heading my way

I watched back a lot of my old games of my rookie season and learned new ways to improve my game for the upcoming season. 

Vancouver always seemed to be written out of playoff talk or deep cup contention, so to make it to the finals despite the sweep, was a hell of an experience for me especially. 

I think it'll be good for me. I've gained a lot of TPE in the off-season, I'm coming back even stronger, and I am only hoping for the best. 

4. Who are you most excited to play with on our roster? Of the new faces/ of returning teammates.

We have a lot of new faces like Glade who we acquired around trade deadline and Palo who I've known for some time, I'd say I'm just most excited to play with everyone as we have an excellent core of returning faces. 

To win most improved and to be the most improved, I want to change everything about my game from last season and make it way better. 

Hella impressed, to make the moves he did, he bolstered our team even further and made us super deep to move in for another cup run. 

1. What did you do during this offseason? I worked hard training and earning more TPE

2. How do you feel about last season's results? The team I was on was struggling and we didn't make the playoffs

3. How do you feel about this next season's results? I think our teams will be very good and competitive

4. Who are you most excited to play with on our roster? Of the new faces/ of returning teammates. I'm excited to play with everyone! new and old!

5. What are your goals for this coming season? I want to keep training hard and raise my TPE as far as I can.

6. What do you think about the GM's moves this offseason? I think both GM's I play for have done well. 

7. Which rookie do you think will have the best season? Erik Draven for Yukon will ;)

8. Which player(s) do you think will get an all-star nod this season? Julius Freeman will get an AllStar nod! 

9. What was the last junk food you had before starting training camp and getting back on diet? Fig Newtons!

10. What rookie prank do you like doing the most/ which rookie do you think will get pranked the most? Icy Hot in the old jock strap! lol, My luck it will probably be me pranked most! lol 

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

yes I'm glad I got drafted here. 

yes 

All my teammates

Zoiderberg 

Im with Yukon and Vancouver a the moment 

I want to raise my TPE immensely 

To win games and be in the Top 3

Passing and defense and anything I can really. 

I love making new graphics for my player 

any Easton stick. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

NEW PRESSER

1. How do you think the season went?

2. How do you feel about facing the New York Americans in the playoffs?

3. How do you feel about your season?

4. What do your think next season will look like?

5. Most Memorable Game of the season?

1. How do you think the season went?

Overall when looking back now, I think the season was a good one, made the playoffs and went almost all the way, so mostly positive memories!

2. How do you feel about facing the New York Americans in the playoffs?

Always great going against historical teams, great atmosphere in the games and solid team to play against - great series!

3. How do you feel about your season?

Best season of my career, scored a lot and I was able to shovel home those faceoffs at solid rate, good season for sure!

On 7/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, rjfryman said:

New Presser!

Nothing too special, spent couple weeks back in Finland just resting, but mostly I was in Vancouver and enjoying the summer - tried to keep my fitness levels up, working out was in schedule daily.

Shame we could not win the cup, but the fact that we made it that far just shows what kind of potential Vancouver has, regular season could have been bit better, but main thing was that we made it into playoffs.

I´m excited to find out, younger guys in the team are now one year older and with  final experience under their belts - I have high expectations personally for the regular season, hopefully we can kick some ass out there.

• Quik unpinned this topic

I went around Vancouver and watched some Whitecaps games between workouts

I think we did as best as we could without winning the Championship. Obviously we could have won a few more games in the finals, but it is what it is.

I hope we can pick it up because we are a great team. We are young but I think we can pick it up.

I'm excited to keep my game growing with Hans Gruber and Julius Freeman as we seem to be the future 1st line.

To score more than 11 goals and get more than 6 assists and especially more than 17 points.

It was interesting to say the least to move on from Josh Davis. It seemed he wanted to move on but to still move on from him was a shock considering he just put up 100 points.

New Presser!

1. Now that the season has started; how do you think you have been playing?

2. Which teammate do you think you have the most chemistry with?

3. How do you feel about our team's performance?

4. What strategy do you think you would change if you could? Or would you?

5. Who do you think will snap the team out of its current woes?

6. Are you excited about who got the captain and assistant captain?

7. Any words of advice for the new leadership team?

8. How are you liking your current ice time?

9. What role on the team do you feel like you have right now? What role do you wish to have by the end of the season?

10. What is one thing you would change if you were GM for a day?

5 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

New Presser!

1. Now that the season has started; how do you think you have been playing?

3. How do you feel about our team's performance?

5. Who do you think will snap the team out of its current woes?

7. Any words of advice for the new leadership team?

9. What role on the team do you feel like you have right now? What role do you wish to have by the end of the season?

10. What is one thing you would change if you were GM for a day?

1. Terrible. Going to be leading the league in +/- pretty soon. Well just minus. 

3. Terrible. We get shots but we can't score. Our goal tending and special teams are inconsistent. Our games are shambles. 

5. Scoring. Switching up the lines. Switching up the offensive/defensive strategies. Anything art this point. 

7. LR is dead.....

9. I have a third-line scoring role and 2nd PP? I think I'm good with where I am at. 

10. Lines and strategies. Maybe even a trade or two ;)