Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 1/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Okay Boys week 3 of the AGM Questions

7. Are you looking forward to the WJC's this year? What would make you more likely to tune into the Juniors tournament?

7. Are you looking forward to the WJC's this year? What would make you more likely to tune into the Juniors tournament?

Yes. Rooting for Team Europe to win it all. Bit different to get a proper feel to it these days when my junior days are gone, but I do enjoy international hockey , so should be fun tournament to follow!

On 1/20/2019 at 11:42 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Another Round of Questions for the Wolf Pack ❤️

What Brand of skates do you use?

Why did you choose your player number?

What player do you use to represent your VHL/VHLM Player? Why did you choose them?

What mythical creature do you wish existed?

What’s the funniest joke you know by heart?

What’s the funniest VHL name you’ve heard of someone having?

1. What Brand of skates do you use?

CCM all the way and I`m not saying that just because I hope they will be my sponsor some day. I believe CCM skates are the best and everybody should buy CCM skates.

2. Why did you choose your player number?

It´s my lucky number, I even have it in my lottery ticket every week, one of these days I will hit it big.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:42 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Another Round of Questions for the Wolf Pack ❤️

What player do you use to represent your VHL/VHLM Player? Why did you choose them?

3. What player do you use to represent your VHL/VHLM Player? Why did you choose them?

Joe Thornton and Alexander Barkov mix, excellent puck moving center who is also great defensively. That was the plan at least, worked fairly well, but tough to get the same feeling going as watching those guys play and do their thing.

4. What mythical creature do you wish existed?

Pikachu, always liked that little thing.

5. What’s the funniest joke you know by heart?

I honestly don´t know any jokes, if you would walk up to me and asked me to tell a joke, I would propably try to remember that Polish astronaut joke, but forget how it goes

Here are some questions for you guys, if you want them:

What VHL/M team did you support growing up?

Will the new Expansion teams have any effect on your supported team?

What's the one thing you feel is most characterizing about your player?

What attribute do you feel is most important to how your player plays?

What does your player do in their free time?

Where did your player play college and/or junior hockey?

On 1/29/2019 at 10:50 PM, Philliefan said:

Here are some questions for you guys, if you want them:

What VHL/M team did you support growing up?

Will the new Expansion teams have any effect on your supported team?

What's the one thing you feel is most characterizing about your player?

What attribute do you feel is most important to how your player plays?

What does your player do in their free time?

Where did your player play college and/or junior hockey?

1. What VHL/M team did you support growing up?

Stockholm Vikings. They are not in the league anymore, but big majority of Finnish hockey fans supported the Vikings instead of Helsinki Titans. The Titans were considered being snobbish and arrogant.

2. Will the new Expansion teams have any effect on your supported team?

Not really, could maybe open the door for them to come back some day little bit,  but I think it might have a effect on the Titans, so we are all looking forward to it.

3. What's the one thing you feel is most characterizing about your player?

Lack of goals, always been a playmaker and that is how I made it into this league, lately been trying to shoot more though.

4.What attribute do you feel is most important to how your player plays?

I´d say strength. I use it a lot in various situations, especially in the corners when trying to keep guys off me, so I can find that open lane.

5.What does your player do in their free time?

Mostly just taking it easy, watching movies and playing video games if I´m home alone. Also, recently started painting as a hobby,  I look myself from the mirror and just paint, quite relaxing.

6.Where did your player play college and/or junior hockey?

In Oslo! Fun times, we even won the championship there, so a lot of good memories.

1. For any member: Do you guys think you can beat Toronto these playoffs?

2. Which player on your club will lead the team in scoring?

3. After game groupie sex....you wanna see a hairy 70's bush, a smoothie or landing strip? 70's bush here for me.

4. Which player do you hate to play against on Seattle and why?

5. Which club has the best logo on the whole site?

6. After game beer....light or dark?

1 hour ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

YES!

Definitely Beau Louth.

3. After game groupie sex....you wanna see a hairy 70's bush, a smoothie or landing strip? 70's bush here for me.

No thanks.

Definitely Robert Malenko. Dominating D man.

QUEBEC MEUTE BB.

Neither.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1.  Was hoping we could, but in the end it did not go that way :(

2. Beau Louth, he has been eating super well lately, jawline is like side of a mountain all of a sudden, so he will be the go to guy when it comes down to scoring.

3. 70´s bush all the way! Something so erotic and almost naughty about a nice bush, can´t say no.

4. I´ll say Mountain Thunderfist, guy is a tank who will run you over if you are not ready. Done it to me couple times.

5. I actually kinda like Seattle, has that mean look to it and also cool colors. I bet the jerseys would look sick in television.

6. Neither for me as well, I´m not much of a drinker. Water or juice, maybe Red Bull?

(apologies for late answers)

Questions for all!

1. What do you think about the new name of our organization?

2. Ever visited Vancouver before?

3. What team you look forward to facing the most first as a Vancouver Wolves player?

4. Do you think we should do something fun with our fans after every win? Bit like the Hurricanes in NHL?

5.  If you could decide, what would be your goal horn song/sound?

6. Be honest, do you like our fans?

7. What has been the worst media event you have done?

8. Should Vancouver Wolves change the color scheme from black and white to something new?

9. What have you done during the off-season?

10. How well you reckon we will play in the upcoming season?

On 2/21/2019 at 4:15 PM, jRuutu said:

Questions for all!

1. What do you think about the new name of our organization?

I think it's great! Vancouver's a great, beautiful city who deserves recognition and a hockey team! We're proud to play in front of our new crowd!

2. Ever visited Vancouver before?

Sadly no, but I've heard it's a beautiful place!

3. What team you look forward to facing the most first as a Vancouver Wolves player?

Honestly, just everyone. Being a rookie, I'm just happy to be here. It's a great new experience!

4. Do you think we should do something fun with our fans after every win? Bit like the Hurricanes in NHL?

It's something to look into, we love our wolf pack, so we'd love to do something with them!

Hmmm... I don't think it would come up very often, so I'll just let this question sit haha

6. Be honest, do you like our fans?

Absolutely! It's tough to leave Quebec city behind but the new city is welcoming us with open arms!

I haven't had too many bad ones, I just hope the reporters aren't being assholes to me, that's all!

8. Should Vancouver Wolves change the color scheme from black and white to something new?

The black and white is sleek, it fits, and our jerseys are lit. I wouldn't mess with it at all honestly.

9. What have you done during the off-season?

Practice, practice, practice. I'll need it when coming up to the big leagues.

10. How well you reckon we will play in the upcoming season?

I think we'll be in the running. Maybe not first or the best team in the league during the regular season, but if we can pop into the playoffs around 3rd or 4th maybe we can make some noise in the playoffs for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should all come out wearing the same stupid ****ing suit that old **** wears to every game while complaining about a small bit of gamesmanship.

Stairway to Heaven by Taurus.

Anything with Beau. He hogs the microphone and smells like bull penis, it's unbecoming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

1. Are you excited for the WJC - YES I am, I am involved in the WJC and really want to make my country proud! 
  2. Who are you rooting for and why? - Team UK of course, born and raised, time to show them I can step up! 
  3. Who do you think will win? - Silly question, Team UK again, I never vote against my teams. 
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP? - Hard to say, a lot of great junior talent this year, going to say HHH, he's been a beast in the regular season. 
  5. Who Makes the All-star team? - Again hard to say, a lot of great athletes in the games, going to say HHH, Lynch, Wolfe for sure, us three are really being GOAT's, rest based on performance. 
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words? - Singing proudly all the way, the Irish jig is the best one around, lassy. 
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC? - I swear it's all bias but Team UK for sure, would be an honor to GM my own team, and represent. 
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality! - I'd have to say Fish, we'd make a good tandem
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? - Never, its disrespectful to my country and would bring me a lot of shame. 
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do? - Probably didn't like the way someone was mouthing off to me or playing, so I took care of it, how? That's for me to know, you to find out 
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team? - Honestly I don't know if they are just using their own country colors, but I think that's what makes us "who we are", so idk if I'd swap colors, however it'd be hilarious to just randomly give other teams colors to one another just for fun, like a one-game scenario. 
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? - I love graphics, always have, I find them easy and also fun to do, so that would be my favorite way. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?

-Blade

1. Yes, I have my own favorite who I would like to see win the whole thing and since I´m not playing myself, I have decided to spice things up by betting on the games!

2.  Europe all the way, I´m from Europe, so seeing them win would be huge and is only going to help promoting the sport into the smaller countries.

3.  Europe will win, got the talent and then when you combine that with the ´us vs them´ attitude of Europeans going against teams like Canada and USA - it will carry the team long way.

4. I´ll say JB Rift - the European goalie, he will stop everything and show what it looks like when a machine is working.

5. I´m not sure, competition for top point and goal scorer titles will be fierce, so I´m sure the top scorers are there, Rift in net of course, but other than that I have no idea for forwards or defenders.

6. Mouth the words naturally - I can´t sing.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, BladeMaiden said:

-Blade

1) I couldn't care less. Even when I was super active I didn't follow it at all. If I earn tpe that's great

2) Team USA because USA is the best country in the world

3) Team Canada because Canada always wins it unfortunately

4) Definitely Gritty because he is such a great guy

9) If I was to go through the act of burning a flag, I would make sure to do it in public to prove my point, otherwise what is the point exactly? But I have no plans on flag burning

On 3/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, BladeMaiden said:

-Blade

7. Team Europe, just to see how it goes. If I do well and the team plays well, could then try to move to North-America, would be fun story to see, European coach managing a North-American national team!

8. Alvaro Jokinen is a good pick, he is a defender and I´m a center, nice little pair there. Could dominate on the powerplay for example

9. If I´m mad enough, I´ll do it even if I get caught.

10. Saw the opposite teams goalie lost the helmet when one player hit him/her, I would then pick the helmet from the ice and throw it into the stands.

11. Orange themed setup for Canada, USA would get yellow and white, Asia bright red, World would be black and blue and Europe green.

12. I like writing short stories in fan590, couple hundred words, can go straight into it and be as crazy you want, I likes.

• 2 weeks later...

@Beaviss

1. What do you feel went wrong this season?

2. What do you feel went right?

3. What's the plan for next season?

4. What are you expectations for the upcoming off-season (league wise)?

5. Thoughts on the playoffs so far?

On 4/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, Banackock said:

@Beaviss

1. What do you feel went wrong this season?

2. What do you feel went right?

3. What's the plan for next season?

4. What are you expectations for the upcoming off-season (league wise)?

5. Thoughts on the playoffs so far?

6. Will Gritty improve next season?

1) Goaltending was the biggest issue, as we tied for most goals allowed (219) not counting Moscow the expansion team who doesn't count. Team overall scoring was average at best and not enough to overcome Iseult regressing hard.

2) Not much, considering where the team wound up. Louth and Davis put up a lot of points I guess.

3) If I am Beaviss, this team has a young and good enough core that a complete overhaul isn't needed, but some changes need to be made because team chemistry just is not there for whatever reason. Also, maybe get a 1 year rental goalie for this season until my boy Nixon gets up there in tpe

4) We better make the playoffs next year because this team has a lot of talent individually, and just needs to put it all together.

5) Any time a team wins back to back is lame to me (unless it's my team), as diversity is fun.

6) He better, as I am putting way more tpe into him and he won't be the lowest tpe player on the team anymore.

1. What do you feel went wrong this season? - I was not on the team

2. What do you feel went right? - We lost because I wasn't on the team

3. What's the plan for next season? - I'll be on the team...

4. What are you expectations for the upcoming off-season (league wise)? - Hopefully Beaviss adds to us so we can become superior

5. Thoughts on the playoffs so far? - They were great, really down to the wire. 

• 2 weeks later...

From awhile ago but need that sweet tpe!

What Brand of skates do you use?

Bauer!

44. My favourite player is Chris Pronger, so I’ve always liked the number.

What player do you use to represent your VHL/VHLM Player? Why did you choose them? I don’t think I did chose. Maybe I did. But if I had to pick right now I’d pick Ryan O’Reilly. I’m a Blues fan, so naturally

id pick a Blue. But he’s everything I want my player to be. A skilled centerman who is very good in his own end and wins lots of faceoffs 

What mythical creature do you wish existed? Griffins

What’s the funniest joke you know by heart? Don’t know too many, the few I do are too long and too offensive.

The name Shawnomir always makes me chuckle. 

old but I need points: 

- Bauer everything! 

- I chose it because it was significant to the age in which I started playing hockey (11) 

- I usually use Claude Giroux because he's a redhead and I am portraying someone who comes from Ireland, and I don't know of any super successful Irish players. 

- The manbearpig. 

- Not going to go there, it may hurt some peoples feelings

- I'd have to say that the funniest is probably Henrik Zoidberg this time around, its a good one. 

New Presser!

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

2. Are you excited for the season to start? (hint: yes)

3. With whom are you most excited to play this season?

4. Who's your least favorite player in the league?

5. What brand have you signed with, or are hoping to sign with?

6. What is your personal goal for the season?

7. What is your goal for the team this season?

8. What attribute(s) do you plan to focus on improving?

9. What's your favorite part of the VHL?

10. What brand of stick do you use?

2 hours ago, Philliefan said:

New Presser!

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

This is one of the teams I was hoping to join. I would have been excited being drafted to any team but This team looks like it will be a great team for me to grow with and hopefully help lead to a cup.

Yes the offseason has felt like an eternity, first having to wait for the draft and now that I am on a great team I am excited to see how I do with them.

Im excited to play with everyone this season. Hopefully my line gets some good chemistry early and we can carry that throughout the season.

Ahh I don't have anyone in particular but if I had to name one player it would have to be Shane Mars since I'll need to prove myself against him every game in my career. People are upset that I was drafted before him, so there is pressure to make sure I make my team never regret that decision.

I am currently True North Gear, they gave me a decent rookie contract but I think there was some disagreement with the term so I don't know if ill do all three years with them unless I get a raise in the third.

I want to win the rookie of the year trophy. I know it will be tough but I think that might be one of the only ways to shut the haters down at this moment about my draft placement.

I want us to make the playoffs and go far in them.

I am looking to get my scoring up, then defense and if there is time after that I will work on my passing or puck handling.

I enjoy the community. I think that is what kept me going many times. At first when you start there are things where you wonder why am I doing this, but after you get friendly with the community it starts feeding you and you it. Its a vicious cycle that once you get in is hard to stop.

I play with Easton. Good solid stick that I trust will not break when I need it.

8 hours ago, Philliefan said:

1. I was honestly just hoping to get drafted, but being drafted by the Wolves was amazing. I was welcomed and sent a contract almost immediately so I'm very happy with where I am right now.

2. Is that even a question? This has to be the most exciting time of my hockey career.

3. The Reapers mostly cause they're poised to be a legitimate threat and I want to go back to them for at least one more season to help them win a cup. Everyone there deserves a chance at it considering what some of them have gone through to get to where they are.

4. I honestly have not even thought about who I dislike the most from other teams in the league cause I've been so focused on my own.

5. I have not signed with a brand yet, but I am keeping my options open and waiting for the right one to pop up.

6. Prove I belong in the VHL, and that the people who took a chance on me made the right decision

7. That's the easiest question I've ever been asked. Win a cup, obviously

8. My defense for sure. Something I've struggled with since my time playing U8.

9. The community interaction. There's never a dull moment in the league and everyone is supportive of each other. I love the atmosphere here.

10. CCM, the best brand.

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

Definitely on my list. A few of the teams out there had a bit less depth so I think I would have had a chance to get more minutes but I like the chance to be apart of the future here.

Duh!!

Really happy to get a chance to play with the other rookies. And mr positive himself @Positivefan036

@leafssteen jk love you buddy can’t wait to score on you

signed with haterade last season

I’d like to contribute offensively. 15/15 season, I’m being conservative.

56 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

1. If you were a new draftee, is this the team that you were hoping to join? If not a new draftee, is this the team you were/are hoping to start the season with?

Definitely on my list. A few of the teams out there had a bit less depth so I think I would have had a chance to get more minutes but I like the chance to be apart of the future here.

Duh!!

Really happy to get a chance to play with the other rookies. And mr positive himself @Positivefan036

@leafssteen jk love you buddy can’t wait to score on you

signed with haterade last season

I’d like to contribute offensively. 15/15 season, I’m being conservative.

Good luck scoring on me bud lol