Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 9/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, rjfryman said:

New Presser: Meet the player behind the player edition

9. How are you liking Vancouver?

10. Who is your biggest rival either on this team or on another?

I like it, cool place to live. Got real ´nature´ type of feel to it, you really want to spend time outside as much as possible, which is nice especially during summer.

Beau Louth was my biggest rival in our team, but now that he has retired I have turned my eyes towards players outside the team - Joel Ylonen and I have fought numerous times, recently Matt Thompson has moved up the ranks a lot, I want to beat his ass.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:16 PM, rjfryman said:

New Presser:

1. What was your first memory of hockey?

2. Who was your favorite player in the NHL growing up?

3. Who do you look up in the VHL?

4. What player in the VHLM do you think the league should look out for?

I remember orange jackets and Finnish hockey league. They showed the games in TV for free years ago, ´hockey night´ what it was called, the announcers always wore orange jackets - saw them giving out comments between periods, huge hit at the time. Of course Finnish national team games were huge games when I was a kid.

I always liked Datsyuk, magic man. From Finnish players Jarkko Ruutu was my favorite, always looking to annoy the other players - real team player. Only years later when I was older I truly started to appriciate everything he did out there.

Beau Louth was iconic player, I always wanted to take his spot in the team, players who are currently active = guys like Julius Freeman, reminds me of Louth a lot, but with some actual skill in the game of hockey.

King Kruul, giant German defender, leads the VHLM in hits and in penalty minutes, absolute tank of a player.

1. What was your first memory of hockey? Having my father lace up my skates before games 

2. Who was your favorite player in the NHL growing up? Patrik Elias 

3. Who do you look up in the VHL? Jake Davis

8. What VHLM teammate do you miss the most? Pekka Pouta  

9. Why do you miss this old teammate? Because I used to score on him easily in practice and it really got my confidence up 

10. Which teammate you currently have pushes you to be the best player you can be? Considering this is my first day in the organization, I cant answer this question just yet. 

Definitely Mario Lemieux, great player with a lot of class

8. What VHLM teammate do you miss the most?

Probably Tate, was fun playing with him and he was a great team-mate 

9. Why do you miss this old teammate?

Just the support in the locker room and always hyping up our articles when we were with the Marlins

1. What is your pre-game ritual?

i actually dont really have one, i like to eat before games, gives you fuel and listen to some music.

2. What is your workout power song?

right now I really dig Get Loud For Me - Gizzle

3. What tradition do you do every game?

I like to skate around about 3 times in our warm up zone

4. What is one thing you cannot live without?

Food obviously

5. If you had to keep only one app on your phone what would it be?

Spotify

6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your career what would it be?

Pastas

• 2 weeks later...

1. What was your first memory of hockey? This random practice I was at as a super young kid

2. Who was your favorite player in the NHL growing up? Nicklas Lidstrom

3. Who do you look up in the VHL? Podrick Cast

8. What VHLM teammate do you miss the most? Jack Lynch

9. Why do you miss this old teammate? We were a great duo basically 2 man carrying our team

10. Which teammate you currently have pushes you to be the best player you can be? Denver Wolfe, he helps me dope

6. If you could change one thing about your game what would it be?

I wish I could score more points, I'm supposed to be a sniper but currently, I'm not producing the way I should be.

7. What are you most proud of in your ability to play the game

I think my ability to be invisible is pretty great. I can play with some of our top players but I always seem to get that 3rd assist on a goal or I just don't score

8. What has been the hardest thing this season to get over from the last.

Not putting up as much points as I want to be

9. What advice would you give to the rookies?

I'd tell them to just keep working, if it doesn't seem to be working now, give it time, it should work out in the end.

10. What do you think about your early role this season?

I think I am a 2nd liner so far but had a shot at the top line but didnt make it so i got demoted but have been enjoying the time there with a career season.

7. What is the one book you would keep and read for the rest of your career?

Percy Jackson 5th installment, you guys might notice the name with my username. Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian

New Presser:

1. Trades happened. Where were you when you got the news?

2. How do you feel about the trades?

3. We lost our captain and top player... What words do you have for him?

4. On the next home game where our former captain comes home what should we do for his return?

5. With this new line up the lines are all over the place. How do you feel our chances are right now?

6. With the captain being traded we announced some new leaders in the locker-room... any words of advice for them.

7. What is your post game ritual after a win?

8. How about after a loss.

9. If you could achieve any thing this season what would it be?

10. What do you think your biggest strength going into the post season is?

1. Trades happened. Where were you when you got the news? I was sitting in my house and got a text from a teammate that Palo got moved.

2. How do you feel about the trades? It's early to say, but losing your captain and best player is definitely a hard loss to the entire team. We'll have to see what kind of effect this has on the team as a whole.

3. We lost our captain and top player... What words do you have for him? Thank you from all of us for everything you did for the team and the city of Vancouver, your presence will be missed for sure.

4. On the next home game where our former captain comes home what should we do for his return? Big tribute to him on the jumbotron and a ceremonial puck drop with him and a player from the Wolves at the very least. He deserves it.

5. With this new line up the lines are all over the place. How do you feel our chances are right now? I feel like we stand a strong chance at making a post-season return and proving the doubters wrong.

6. With the captain being traded we announced some new leaders in the locker-room... any words of advice for them. Hard to say as I've never been in the position myself, but just treat it like you've been treating the team and you'll be a natural.

8. What movie can you watch over and over again?

I can watch moneyball over and over again

I like Vancouver, the Roxy is a great place to go

Hulk Hogan. guys just the worst. Seattle is the worst too

Watching my dad play in the NHL.

Jaromir Jagr

Rauno Palo has been someone who I look up too but now hes gone :(

Hey Wolves Since you traded for the only player who use to respond to my press conference questions  ( @DilIsPickle) I thought I would bring the questions over to all you guys in Vancouver for a change! And in honor of his position change I am making dedicating part of it to D-men!

1.) Has the team ever collectively Howled at the moon?

2.) Best kept secret about the Wolves LR?

3.) What is the weirdest thing you have caught GM Keaton Louth @Beaviss doing in his office (make me laugh)

4.) Vancouver is a guaranteed playoff team, choose a team most likely to beat you. And no you can say you are invincible?

5.) McDonalds has it's secret sauce, what is the Vancouver Wolves secret ingredient that keeps your lines so fresh and zingy?

6.) What was the last junk food you indulged in?

7.) What do the Wolves do for team bonding?

8.) You all are split into 2 paintball teams. Who is the player that gets the most aggressive? What do they do?

9.) Are you in it for the money? The fans? The Fame HOF? or for Your Team?

10.) Nicest thing you have done for a teammate?

Pick a D man!  in the following questions you will pick a D man from the Wolves who you believe fits the question or statement.

10.) Knows how to shoot a bow and arrow.

11.) Owns Fancy / patterned socks

12.) Has a flask in his hockey bag

13.) Tied Fang's skates together

14.) Hang out at a VHLM game (aka slumming it)

15.) Eat a salad and only a salad at a Steak house...(that guy)

16.) Gain 50 lbs in the off season out of pure gluttony

17.) Give the best workout and training advice!

18.) Wins all the team poker nights.

19.) Gets scared during horror movies.

20.) The most dangerous with a paintball gun, well any gun for that matter...

Was on my way to practice, was a shock but you have to trust in the process and what the GM has planned for the team

It definitely sucked to see Rauno leave but I think in all the trades we received some very good players that can help us win

All the best on your new team!

4. On the next home game where our former captain comes home what should we do for his return?

We should do a short video tribute from last years cup run!

5. With this new line up the lines are all over the place. How do you feel our chances are right now?

I believe we will still make the playoffs and have a long run into the finals. We have tons of talent on this team.

I want to win another cup but this time as the starter. We have so much talent on the team we just need to focus and get it done in the playoffs

On 10/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, rjfryman said:

New Presser:

6. With the captain being traded we announced some new leaders in the locker-room... any words of advice for them.

7. What is your post game ritual after a win?

8. How about after a loss.

10. What do you think your biggest strength going into the post season is?

1. I was in the car driving to get food before practice when all the news broke 

2. They were good trades, I think. Partially because I was part of one of them. We'll see if they can make an impact in playoffs. 

5. We are starting to come together a bit as of late, I think it will take a little time with the new players in the lineup but we hope to find our stride come playoff time. 

7. Shotgun a bud light and light up a cigar 

8. The same process as above 

9. Hopefully make an impact in the playoffs, something I have not done in my short career so far 

1.) Has the team ever collectively Howled at the moon? If I said yes we'd be called a cult, so no ;)

2.) Best kept secret about the Wolves LR? It wouldn't be much of a secret if I told the press conference our secrets, eh?

4.) Vancouver is a guaranteed playoff team, choose a team most likely to beat you. And no you can say you are invincible? Calgary gave us a spook last season in round one, I could see them being motivated to beat us this time around.

7.) What do the Wolves do for team bonding? Totally not howling at the moon ;)

9.) Are you in it for the money? The fans? The Fame HOF? or for Your Team? I've always been about the group effort, but going pro has shown me that there is so much more to hockey than just what you're in the sport for. It's a lifestyle.

10.) Nicest thing you have done for a teammate? Probably letting them borrow my pick stick tape, I'm starting to run out though so I may have to pay Blade another visit for a resupply

i dont think we will have much VHLM players come up to dominate like they used too, ask again in a couple of season and we shall see.

5. What team mate do you think will have a great second half of the season?

I think Starlord piked up his game a lot in the 2nd half, same with HHH.

6. What player is your biggest rival in the VHL?

Hulk Hogan

7. Why do is that player your rival?

We talk a lot of shit to eachother on and off the ice

8. What VHLM teammate do you miss the most?

I miss them all, it was a great season for me in the VHLM, 103 points isnt easy without all their help

9. Why do you miss this old teammate?

because I'm not doing that good right now, maybe I need those teammates.

1. We are in the playoffs how does that feel?

2. Right now we are 3-2 in the first round do you think we will win?

3. What do you think our chances of going all the way is?

4. If we had to be knocked out by any team which team would feel the best?

5. Which team would feel the worst?

6. Now that it is playoffs do you change any routines? 

7. If you could change any part of your play in the playoffs what would it be?

8. Which team mate has stepped up the most this playoffs?

9. What is your favorite memory of this season?

10. What do you think is your best quality as a team mate?

On 10/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, rjfryman said:

7. If you could change any part of your play in the playoffs what would it be?

8. Which team mate has stepped up the most this playoffs?

1. The playoffs were quite an experience, it's a different pace of play out there as compared to the regular season. It was very fun 

6. I tried not to change any routines or make it bigger than it is. I wanted to treat it like another game for me. 

7. I always would like to be able to produce more offensively, so I would say that. 

8. We got pretty solid goaltending and defense so I'd tip my cap to those guys 

9. Favorite memory I'd say is just being traded, getting a change of scenery and trying to gel with the new squad

10. Hard working, team first player 

I guess a European team since that would mean we made the finals.

5. Which team would feel the worst?

Definitely Calgary... which has now happened.

Nope I keep everything going the same just so I don't screw anything up.

I would love how it feels to be in the playoff in the VHL. Hopefully the time will come eventually.

2. Right now we are 3-2 in the first round do you think we will win?

I hope that Vancouver will win since they are apart of my season prediction.

3. What do you think our chances of going all the way is?

I like how Vancouver is structured. They may knew one more playmaker, but they are still really young and talented. 

Malmo. Because M.Thompson had a historic season and it seems destined that he somehow wins the cup in his final season as well.

Almost PPG in the VHL is a really good feeling going into my sophomore year. Prove that I ain't a fluke yet.

I get a lot of assists and I am consistent so yeah. Feeding my teammates

Trying to get my weekly TPE so sorry for this invasion

After a tough loss here are some questions:

1. How are you feeling?

2. What do you think went right?

3. What do you think went wrong?

4. Who was our MVP?

5. What do you think we need to do this offseason?

6. What do we need to try and do in the draft?

7. We are just now getting in our prime as a team... what do you think will push us over the edge?

8. What song have you had on repeat since the game ended?

9. Who did you you want to console the most after the game?

10. What play will motivate you the most this post season to train more? 

1. How are you feeling? It's a tough way to go out for sure, but the better team won the series and game 7 showed that.

2. What do you think went right? A lot went right, chemistry seemed good, production from the team was nice as well. We had a lot going for us in all honesty

3. What do you think went wrong? It's impossible to pinpoint one specific problem for our loss, but overall game 7 was a bad team performance, so we'll need to reassess and prepare for the next season.

5. What do you think we need to do this offseason? Honestly, not too much. I feel our team is really good as is, we just got unlucky and a total blowup is not necessary. 

6. What do we need to try and do in the draft? Go for gems or maybe flip picks for players to assist in the win now strategy

7. We are just now getting in our prime as a team... what do you think will push us over the edge? Depth or growth from the team in general. We're on the cusp of having an incredible team here, so major changes will just ruin the chemistry of the team.

1. How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good overall, it was a close series and unfortunately things didn't go our way in game 7 but I know this team is hungry for more success. I have no worried about our compete level heading into the future

After a few trades our lines finally started working well, some of the position changes really helped out as well. We played well

I think playing our backup for the first 2 games (even though we won 1) might have played a part into losing but it happens. We don't know what would of happened if the backup did not play, we could have lost the first 2.

Not too much, maybe pick up a Defensive dman. We have plenty of offensive power but some more help on the defensive side would help

Try and find a late round gem, also maybe pickup a goalie so that we have an active backup instead of a bot.

7. We are just now getting in our prime as a team... what do you think will push us over the edge?

As long as everyone keeps training and earning that TPE then we will be solid next season. We have an active group of players that are eager for another cup

On 10/28/2019 at 8:16 AM, rjfryman said:

After a tough loss here are some questions:

1. How are you feeling?

4. Who was our MVP?

8. What song have you had on repeat since the game ended?

9. Who did you you want to console the most after the game?

10. What play will motivate you the most this post season to train more? 

1. I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

2. NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL JIMOTHY. 

3. EVERYTHING, WHAT PART OF SHORNT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND

4. IT COULD ONLY BE YOU JIMOTHY. 

5. TRADE BEAVISS FOR A REAL GM. 

6. GET MORE BETTER.