Trade rumors: Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski could be the next one on the move [1/2]

nicolas01

It's not a secret, since Oslo Storm traded Anthony Dabarno to Saskatoon and Jesse Wilson to Halifax, the team is clearly in tanking mode. Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski is currently leading Oslo in goals and points and is performing too well to stay on the team. Could he be the next one to be traded? Where will he land? Let's analyse all possible teams where Zajaczkowski could go:

Halifax 21st

Halifax is currently leading in the standings and would certainly like to add another top VHLM player to their team. Their best right wing is Nikita Flipachyev with 119 TPE while Zajaczkowski has 161 TPE. Zajaczkowski would be a nice fit on this team and could play on the first line with Nathan MacKinnon.  On another hand, Halifax already traded their first round pick to Oslo for Wilson and a 2nd round pick in S65 for Komarov and probably don't have much assets to offer. They also need a left wing more than a right wing. Halifax may not be the place where Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowksi will go.

Las Vegas Aces

Vegas is currently 4th in the standings and it's not clear whether they will be buyers or sellers. They already have a right wing with 200 TPE in Jorgon Weyed so Zajaczkowski would play on the 2nd line with Connor McDavid and some left wing with 30 TPE. The Aces needs a center who can play on the top line rather than another right wing but they has plenty of picks to trade away. Las vegas may not be the place where Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowksi will go.

Ottawa Lynx

Ottawa is currently in last place in the standings and would probably preffer to tank rather than buying a player for the remainder of the season. But if they want to win, Zajaczkowski would be a good fit foe this team and he would play on the first line with Chance Matthews and Elias Dahlberg. The Lynx probably should tank and this may not be the place where Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowksi will go.

Saskatoon Wild

Saskatoon is currently in 3rd place in the standings, one point behind Yukon. Saskatoon should be buyers this season after a bad season last year. They already have one of the best top line in the VHLM with Dabarno, Peace and Trepanier, so Zajaczkowski would play on the 2nd line, probably with Curtis Gary and Kyson Blake. Zajaczkowski played with the Wild last season and was unsatisfied with his ice time but if saskatoon trades for Zajaczkowski they know exacly what kind of player they will get: a goalscorer who hits everyone on the ice. He would be a nice fit for saskatoon even if he has to play on the 2nd line, but they already traded their 1st round and Halifax' 2nd round picks to Oslo for Dabarno and their 2nd round pick to Vegas for Kevin Weekes and don't have much assets to give to the Storm if they want Zajaczkowski back. Saskatoon may not be the place where Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowksi will go, unless they're willing to give S65 picks.

Yukon Rush

Yukon is currently 2nd in the standings and, to my knowledge, is the only team in the top 3 who still have their S64 1st and 2nd round picks. But what Yukon needs is a left wing, not a right wing. If Yukon adds Zajaczkowski, he would play on the 2nd line with Ryan Zabby and probably Adrianopoulos, and the Rush would have 3 good lines. Yukon may be the place where Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowksi will go.

We've asked Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski what he thinks of these trade rumors and where he wants to play: "well  I was disappointed when I saw Jesse Wilson was traded, we keep losing and I don't know if there's any other actice players on the team now. Maybe Sven Hitz, but I'm bored on the team and I wanna play for a winning team. I don't have a favorite team, I'd go back to Saskatoon but I need to play a lot of minutes and I would like to play for Halifax, Yukon or Las Vegas either. I don't mind any of these teams. "

Halifax, Yukon and Saskatoon would all benefit from the add of Zajaczkowski on their team, but only Yukon has S64 picks to give while Halifax and Saskatoon would need to give S65 picks. Las Vegas could also be interested but it's unclear wheter they will tank or not. Zajaczkowski would play on the top line in Halifax but on the 2nd line in Saskatoon, Yukon and Las Vegas. It's also unclear if one of these teams is willing to trade for Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski and if they're willing to give the price Oslo is asking.

I didn't count but I think there's 500 words?

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Trade rumors: Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski could be the next one on the move [1/2]