Watchmen Win It All

sterling

In what was truly expected, the Bratislava Watchmen capped off an exquisite season in style by defeating the Yukon Rush in six games to win their second Founder's Cup since expansion. The team was hyped as the big dogs all season and in the end they didn't let that hype burst their bubble. Overall, the team finished 74-7-1 in their 82 total games, finishing as one of the most dominant teams in the history of the league. The Watchmen should undoubtedly have the top three draft picks taken in the Season 37 Entry Draft, a true testament to the team's quality. For forward Tom Slaughter, this was his second Founder's Cup in as many seasons.

"They are both special moments in my hockey career, but this one will remain as the better memory for me since I was with this team from day one. Last season I was fortunate enough to play on a veteran team that picked me up on waivers. This season we just dominated from the get go and it was never a one man show. There were a lot of great hockey players on the Watchmen this season, many future stars in this league. Vince Wong should be extremely proud of his team, he was tremendous," Slaughter said.