Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

Well see how many people do this.

1. Were almost half finished the VHLM season, how do you feel the Aces have done so far?

2. The Aces just picked up winger Shawn Mendes in a trade. Does this move make the Aces a serious contender going forward?

3. How do you feel your draft stock has improved or gotten worse through this season? If you've been drafted into the VHL already, how do you feel you're setting up to play in the VHL next season?

4. What VHL player do you idolize most?

5. How do you like living and playing hockey in a desert?

1. I have mixed feelings. I thought with the roster we have we'd be top 2 in the leauge. Though we are in a playing spot. I know we have a lot more to give.

2. He gives us another legitimate scoring threat on the Left side. Maybe we can load up the 1st PP unit. ??

3. I'm building up my extra TPE right now and I think that's really going to help me fill any niche with the Meute. I think I'll be a solid 2nd liner next season for them allowing me to grow even more.

4. Julian Borwinn, he killed it for us last year and is killing it for Helsinki this season. Have you seen his point totals?

5.  Honestly it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The fans are great. The city really supports us and the nightlife makes for some epic stories with the boys.

1. I'm happy we're still competing, we should be in the playoff this year

2. I like it, gives us an other option for goals

3. I think its stable, all the other rookies are getting better too, I'm just happy i didn't fall too much in the rankings

4. Jasper Canmore, he's the type of player i want to be in the VHL, solid center who gets points, kills minutes

5. its different, I'm from a snowy country so i had to adapt at first haha

1. I think we are doing quite well. We should be doing even better as the season goes on and hopefully be in the playoffs.

2. I think it was a great accusation to help improve our scoring and hopefully push us to be a contender.

3. I think I’m doing alright but compared to the other guys I could be doing more to get better.

4. Gabriel McAllister because damn he puts up points.

5. so. hot.

With the trade deadline approaching, do you think that the Aces should make any more moves before then?

What position should they try to upgrade. And if you answered no to the previous question, why shouldn't the Aces makes any deals?

How much are you paying attention to the VHL and who has been the biggest surprise so far?

The World Juniors started yesterday. Is your player involved and if not country are you cheering for?

Who is your favorite NHL player?

1. How did you enjoy the World Juniors? Did your team do as well as expected?

2. Your GM guided Canada to another gold medal. Can he do the same with Vegas in the VHLM playoffs?

3. Which of your Vegas teammates do you hope to play with in the VHL?

4. Vegas just added another solid forward with lots of upside. Can Fizzlebeef be missing piece thr Aces need to make a long playoff run?

5. Who would you pick as team MVP right now?

4 hours ago, oilmandan said:

1. How did you enjoy the World Juniors? Did your team do as well as expected?

2. Your GM guided Canada to another gold medal. Can he do the same with Vegas in the VHLM playoffs?

3. Which of your Vegas teammates do you hope to play with in the VHL?

4. Vegas just added another solid forward with lots of upside. Can Fizzlebeef be missing piece thr Aces need to make a long playoff run?

5. Who would you pick as team MVP right now?

1. I think it was a really good showcase of talent I’m looking forward to it next year.

2. Hell yeah! The intergalactic starlord is best gm 

3. @Esso2264 don’t leave me daddy :(

4. Hell yeah! Let’s get this!

5. Probably Randoms in my opinion.

1. The season is almost over. Who will the Aces face in their first series?

2. Is there anyone you don't want to face to begin the playoffs?

3. Any guess where you'll be drafted in the VHL?

4. How are you liking the VHL universe so far ?

5. Are you in any other sim leagues?

1. With Vegas now eliminated, who will claim the Founders Cup?

2. Who will face off in the Continental Cup?

3. Have many GMs spoke to you about picking you in the draft?

4. How much attention do you plan to give to the Sponsors Shield tournament 

5. Did you watch the live stream of the all star game? And if so what did you think? Was @McWolf voice not just the dreamiest?

• 2 weeks later...

Final presser of the year 

1 who gets picked first overall

2 which ace will be picked first

3 were you surprised about the VHLM final 

4 how did you do in the achievement tracker

5 will the Americans win the vhl next year 

New year, new members, new questions 

1 how does it feel to be part of the new wave of Aces?

2 do you think you were picked in the right area of the draft? Or do you think GMs overlooked or overvalued you?

3 what are your personal goals for S64?

4 how is your team doing in the Sponsors Shield tournament?

5 what is your favorite sport other than hockey?

1 it feels good! Was very glad to be drafted by the team in the fourth round. I’m going to put a lot of time in in the off season to make sure I am an impact player. 

2 I do. I am going to prove to this team that I was a steal in the fourth round. I think I was drafted in the right area of the draft but do feel other GMs passed on a committed player. They will see me over my career and wish they made the selection. 

3 I’d like to help my team get to the playoffs and make a run at the championship. I hope to learn from the veteran around me and hopefully be in the top pairing by seasons end. If possible, I hope to get a call up to the pros to gain some experience and grow my game. 

4 I am unable to comment as I joined too late to participate. 

5 I really enjoy golf and curling.

17 hours ago, oilmandan said:

1 how does it feel to be part of the new wave of Aces?

Amazing! Getting drafted to the big leagues is all I ever dreamed of as a kid and having those dreams come true has been such a wonderful experience for me! Las Vegas has treated me unbelievably well with their welcoming me into the city and they treat hockey here like it's the greatest thing and I love it. It's a wonderful experience so far and moving in here has been a blast!

2 do you think you were picked in the right area of the draft? Or do you think GMs overlooked or overvalued you?

In a time where goalies are everywhere, I definitely could've gone lower. Nobody really needs a goalie right now, which sucks, but it's just part of how it is in the league right now. That being said, if I were any normal skater I think I would've been undervalued. I'm working hard on my game and it's hard to judge whether or not the GMs took that part of my character into consideration with how high I was drafted. My game is improving and I can feel my amount of play getting better and better by the day, and I hope those who passed on me in the early rounds might be able to see in the future on the ice something they didn't see in me the other night at the draft.

Improvement. It's always a factor. I'm a young goalie coming out of college play looking to get some ice time. The only thing I can do is work work work toward my main goal, which is to get as much time on that ice as I can while wearing these beautiful aces jerseys. If the coach can look at me and put me out on the ice with confidence in my game and my abilities to stop whatever comes at me, I consider that a success. I want to play this game, and do what I can to lead this team to as many victories as I can possibly help out with.

4 how is your team doing in the Sponsors Shield tournament?

Sadly, I was unable to participate in this Sponsons Shield tournament but look forward to hitting the ice in future ones!

5 what is your favorite sport other than hockey?

Call me Mookie Betts but if you think you can beat me in bowling, that's gonna be a no! Been bowling for as long as I've been playing hockey, so if you ever wanna challenge me let's hit the lanes. Spoiler alert, it won't work out well for you! As for favorite sport to watch other than hockey, though, it's gotta be Football

1 how does it feel to be part of the new wave of Aces?

It feels good and looking at the roster that's been put together It's going to be a very fun season!

i was traded from Yukon so a little different but i will prove my value this franchise all season long. 

My goal this season is to collect as much tpe that i can and put up a ton of points helping this team win a championship

4 how is your team doing in the Sponsors Shield tournament?

in all honesty, i missed it. Hopefully I'll be able to able to see more though

5 what is your favorite sport other than hockey?

hockey is my first love but in a close second is football! Of course i enjoy baseball and basketball as well.

1 what did you ask Santa for, for your player and for the aces?

2 before the season gets started, who is your pick for the Founders Cup finals?

3 same question but for the Continental Cup ?

4 which VHL team do you hope to play for next year? If you're drafted already, how do you think you'll fit in with your VHL team?

5 how many points will you get this year?

On 12/25/2018 at 9:21 PM, oilmandan said:

1 what did you ask Santa for, for your player and for the aces?

Me? I asked for some new ice skates to get back out in the hockey leagues next semester! Looking forward to starting an ice hockey career of my own haha

My Player? New team? New pads baby. The green and yellow team customized pads. Beautiful.

The Aces? More success, I guess. This team has some chemistry going into the new season and I think if everyone keeps doing their part, this strong squad can make it far!

2 before the season gets started, who is your pick for the Founders Cup finals?

Would it be too homer to say the Aces? I have a good feeling about this season and I think we have some solid power to work toward the cup. Not to be too homer again but watch out for us! Ultimately, I'll have to go for the Aces and the Lynx.

3 same question but for the Continental Cup ?

I think after this past year the Wranglers are on a MISSION. I think they want that cup baaaaad. I think Wranglers are gonna take it over the Reign in a finals rematch! It should be an exciting one that I'll look forward to watching but at the end of the day I think Calgary is gonna come out of the gate this season lit on fire from the finals loss.

4 which VHL team do you hope to play for next year? If you're drafted already, how do you think you'll fit in with your VHL team?

Whichever team I can fit the best on, if I'm gonna be honest. I've stated before that I'm lucky to have some GMs believe in me and my future as a VHL goalie, and I'll be happy wherever I'm wanted. If I had to pick one in particular though, it may be Toronto. The city is great, they love their hockey, and the team itself is one of my favorites... Without playing too much favorite here haha

5 how many points will you get this year?

Hopefully I'll grab an assist or two! I'm feeling good about my offensive production this season :)

Still waiting on the VHLM season to start. But here goes

1. What are your thoughts on why the VHLM season has yet to begin?

2. Does the boiling feud between the Vegas and Ottawa GMs make this the best and most exciting rivalry?

3. Why do you think that asking 5 questions is worth only 1 tpe, yet answering only 3 gets you the same 1 tpe?

4. What VHL player are you most closely hoping to resemble with your build?

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

On 12/31/2018 at 9:11 AM, oilmandan said:

1. What are your thoughts on why the VHLM season has yet to begin?

I think the delay was an issue with scheduling and travel around the holiday time, but I totally understand why it was necessary. It's a crazy time of the year and now that we have the games up and going, we should have a smooth rest of the season. 

2. Does the boiling feud between the Vegas and Ottawa GMs make this the best and most exciting rivalry?

I agree, the battle of the GMs not only has upper management at a battle with each other, but it trickles all the way down to us as players, trying to prove the other team and their management wrong in every game with each other. It's starting to get fierce and fun, and I look forward to every chance we get to prove our team to the others.

3. Why do you think that asking 5 questions is worth only 1 tpe, yet answering only 3 gets you the same 1 tpe?

I think that, as a reporter here asking me these questions, your job may be a little more open ended and doesn't require the same amount of experience and ice-level knowledge as detailed answers of the questions. It's still a little weird though, I'd agree. The TPE system is a little odd in regards to asking questions, but it's understandable.

4. What VHL player are you most closely hoping to resemble with your build?

Kriketers is a frickin' wall out there in front of his net. He's definitely one of my favorite players on the ice in the VHL and I hope to train as well as him.

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

Recruiting events through reddit! I was scrolling through /r/coyotes and took a peek at the post that was there and it sounded extra interesting to me, and I immediately signed up!

1 Are you surprised at how well Vegas has started this season?

2 Are you liking the moves that the jubo is making to try to put this team over the top?

3 How has your player performed so far? 

4 What kind of player are you hoping to be?

5 What other sim leagues are you involved in?

1 hour ago, oilmandan said:

1 Are you surprised at how well Vegas has started this season?

2 Are you liking the moves that the jubo is making to try to put this team over the top?

3 How has your player performed so far? 

4 What kind of player are you hoping to be?

5 What other sim leagues are you involved in?

1. I think it’s great how good Vegas is doing this season. That may just be me sucking up to management since I’m new.

2. Of course I’m part of those moves.

3. I started out really good but got overshadowed by a teammate with half the tpe that I have.

4. 2-way center, all around champion.

5. None at this time.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:10 AM, oilmandan said:

Well see how many people do this.

1. Were almost half finished the VHLM season, how do you feel the Aces have done so far?

2. The Aces just picked up winger Shawn Mendes in a trade. Does this move make the Aces a serious contender going forward?

3. How do you feel your draft stock has improved or gotten worse through this season? If you've been drafted into the VHL already, how do you feel you're setting up to play in the VHL next season?

4. What VHL player do you idolize most?

5. How do you like living and playing hockey in a desert?

גוט פֿאַר סטאַרטערס זע נייַ דאָ איך זאָגן די מאַנשאַפֿט איז שיין גוט באַטראַכטן זענען נאָענט צו די שפּיץ. רגע האָנעסטלי יווע קיינמאָל געזען אים שפּילן אָבער אויב פאַרוואַלטונג געדאַנק ער איז געווען גוט דעמאָלט איך יבערנעמען העס גוט דריט זינט ים נייַ איך'ד זאָגן דאָס איז די לאָואַסט עס וועט אלץ זיין. דער פירער איך האָב געזען יעקבֿ שמיטה וואַטשינג עס איז געווען אַ אַלע-שטערן צו שלעכט קאַריערע איז שנייַדן קורץ. און לעצטנס זייַן אַ גרויס ענדערונג פון אַ סטאַוו .. אָבער זייַן גוט איך טרעפן

(OK I did this all in English but i figured why not translate it into the language i said my guy speaks lol if you want to see my answers its Yiddish put into google translate... sorry lol)

בכלל נישט יאָ סיינינג מיר איז אַ גרויס פּלוס איך בין פּלייינג גוט אָדער אַ סנייפּער אָדער אַ מילכל 

( ok lol i just google translated my answers into the language i said my lad speaks just go google translate it yiddish to english if you rlly want my answers lol.....sorry)