Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 10/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, Tbeez99 said:

1) How many goals do you think you will end the season with this year?

2) How many assists do you predict to end the season with?

3) Did you perform up to your expectations this regular season?

4) What place will Las Vegas finish this year? (1st,2nd 3rd?) 

5) What team do you see as the Dark Horse in this years upcoming playoffs in the VHLM?

6) How many times do you work out per week during the regular season? 

1. Only one game left, I think I'm good at 71.

2. Would be nice to reach 80 assists.

3. I think so yes. Our whole team performed very well!

4. Confirmed 2nd. It was a wild ride and although we came close, we couldn't quite outpace Houston in the end.

5. I think Mississauga will surprise many when the playoffs start.

6. Every day! I give my all for my team, they're expecting that much.

1. Who is the Aces MVP this year?

2. We face the Marlins in round one- do you like our chances?

3. How has the season been for you? Have you enjoyed your time in Vegas?

4. Did your player satisfy your expectations? Or did they underperform?

5. Most of you guys are going to the VHL next year. What team do you want to play for/are you excited to play for your VHL team if you were already drafted?

6. At the end of the year, we have a team awards show. Besides the obvious awards, what weird awards do you want to be given out?

It's gotta be Benny or Tates. They've really put the team on their back this year offensively. Between the two I'd say it's likely going to be Benny because of his overall versatility. 

Yes...

I haven't played yet, but so far the locker room has been great.

I have no expectations yet. I hope to do well, but we'll see when I finally play.

5. Most of you guys are going to the VHL next year. What team do you want to play for/are you excited to play for your VHL team if you were already drafted? 

When I'm finally drafted I'd like my player to go to Europe.

6. At the end of the year, we have a team awards show. Besides the obvious awards, what weird awards do you want to be given out? 

Hopefully a least games played award so I can actually win something. 

21 hours ago, Matt_O said:

1. Who is the Aces MVP this year? - Tates for sure

2. We face the Marlins in round one- do you like our chances? - 100% especially when yours truly is in net.

3. How has the season been for you? Have you enjoyed your time in Vegas?- seasons been great and my stay can be fulfilled once you win me a cup.

4. Did your player satisfy your expectations? Or did they underperform? - heavily satisfied (that’s what she said) especially with the low amounts of TPE I have. 

5. Most of you guys are going to the VHL next year. What team do you want to play for/are you excited to play for your VHL team if you were already drafted? Not joining the VHL coming back though I’d like to be the backup for the Bears as that’s my true home. 

6. At the end of the year, we have a team awards show. Besides the obvious awards, what weird awards do you want to be given out? - the average clown award

1) How many goals do you think you will end the season with this year?

I guess I'm getting to these questions just a tad late as the regular season is over and I know I ended with 31goals.

2) How many assists do you predict to end the season with?

I had 29 assists for a very balanced offensive effort.

3) Did you perform up to your expectations this regular season?

Absolutely.  Had no idea Lesieur would be this good.  However, really slowed down when I moved to the Aces which was a bit of a disappointment.  Might be turning that around just in time for the playoffs.

4) What place will Las Vegas finish this year? (1st,2nd 3rd?) 

We came in 2nd in the regular season, but I'm predicting a first place finish in the playoffs!

5) What team do you see as the Dark Horse in this years upcoming playoffs in the VHLM?

Maybe the Yukon Rush.  Their goal differential is pretty darn good for a 5th place team and if their goalie plays out of his/her head and the offense gets some timely goals, who knows?

6) How many times do you work out per week during the regular season? 

Pretty much every day.

1. Who is the Aces MVP this year? I believe Benny Graves is our regular season MVP because he is 2nd in points but 1st in GW goals with 15.

2. We face the Marlins in round one- do you like our chances? I definitely believe we can beat any team this year.

3. How has the season been for you? Have you enjoyed your time in Vegas? The season has been great I enjoyed being able to actually contribute to our success!

4. Did your player satisfy your expectations? Or did they under performYes I had career highs in basically everything. I scored the most goals for a defensemen on the team. 

5. Most of you guys are going to the VHL next year. What team do you want to play for/are you excited to play for your VHL team if you were already drafted? I am already signed with the Wolves so it will be fun playing for Beavis.

6. At the end of the year, we have a team awards show. Besides the obvious awards, what weird awards do you want to be given out? Player with the best & worst fashion sense outside of the rink.  

On 10/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, Matt_O said:

1. Who is the Aces MVP this year? 100% Tates and Graves co MVP

2. We face the Marlins in round one- do you like our chances? Yes

3. How has the season been for you? Have you enjoyed your time in Vegas? Yea Vegas is a great team too to bottom

4. Did your player satisfy your expectations? Or did they underperform? I had a good year I was hoping to do better but the team success is most important 

5. Most of you guys are going to the VHL next year. What team do you want to play for/are you excited to play for your VHL team if you were already drafted? I was drafted to Prague and hope I can stay there and play my career there

6. At the end of the year, we have a team awards show. Besides the obvious awards, what weird awards do you want to be given out? Best Gambler....we are in Vegas after all

For sure Benny Graves! He's really kept up an insane pace all year.

We already beat the Marlins by now and are facing the Yukon Rush. I think we have a decent chance but it'll be much harder this time.

It's been great. I had a lot of fun being on and off the ice with my teammates.

I think I and several other players performed quite well this year. We have quite a few players leading the league in several statistics.

I will be playing for Riga next season, it will be an exciting challenge for me to move up to the big league!

Best playoff beard.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Matt_O said:

1. Benny Graves, he has had simply a great season.

2. Yes I do, our team has been living up to our expectations.

3. I loved it, I'm ready to move on as I have learned a lot from this season. 

4. My player went above and beyond, showing great improvement from last season.

5. I'm excited to play with my good friend @gorlabin Moscow!

6. I have no idea haha.

How can you choose between Tates and Graves - what a tandom with 149 and 143 points each!

Yes, of course, I know we already won.  

I've enjoyed it a lot.  GM and teammates are great and LR is lit!  

Did really well in Mexico City.  Plateaued some here in Las Vegas, but just earning my way through it.

I'm excited for the draft, but expect to stay here in Las Vegas for the coming year.  Though team needs may change that.  I've spoken with D.C. and could really get on board helping an expansion franchise get rolling, but I'm having some talks with Riga as well that have me interested.  I'm sure I'll land in a good spot.

Best able to keep "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

:veg:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What are your plans for the offseason?
  2. What areas are you going to improve on before the start of next season?
  3. Halloween’s just went by. What is your biggest fear?
  4. What did you dress up like for Halloween?
  5. What are your goals for next season?
  6. Why did you choose your jersey number?
  7. If you were the GM what one trade would you do to make our team better?
  8. Are there any kinds of questions you would like to have on future press conferences? More hockey, or more personal? 
  9. What song have you had on repeat since the season ended?
  10. Did you play any other sports growing up to help you you hockey ability?

Early on I went home to France to see my family, but I only spent the first part of the off-season abroad.  I wanted to get back to Las Vegas to work with the coaches and improve my game.

I've gotten my SC and DF up to 80 - some of that DF here in the off-season already.  Now I want to work my SK and PH up to 80 as well.  Don't think I'll get there before the season starts, but I'll get as close as I can.

3. Halloween’s just went by. What is your biggest fear?
    My biggest fear is letting down my team.  I can wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking we've made the finals and I haven't scored a single goal.

4. What did you dress up like for Halloween?
    I dressed up as a Houston Bulls winger.  Can't think of anything more frightening.  Oh, I thought the idea is to dress up as the thing you are most scared you might become.  lol

5. Are there any kinds of questions you would like to have on future press conferences? More hockey, or more personal? 
    I really like the current mix - some of both.  None of us are just hockey players, but all of us are hockey players at our core.

6. Did you play any other sports growing up to help you you hockey ability?
    Like most kids in France, I played an awful lot of football growing up - soccer for the Yanks in the audience.  Some similar strats with crossing passes to waiting snipers and the conditioning required is definitely similar across both sports.

• 1 month later...

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What do you think of our performance as a team this year?
  2. What do you think about your performance as a player this year?
  3. What trade deadline deal would you have made?
  4. Which line combinations would you suggest to use?
  5. Team event: what are we going to do?
  6. What are your pet peeves?
  7. What is your theme song for when you are introduced to the Vegas crowd?
  8. Favorite thing to do in Vegas?
  9. Hypothetically If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you?
  10. Do you prefer goals or assists?

@Higgins @thekillamon @Daxoftheflame @Eric @GBatesy25  @jakejohn17 @Jesse @Julian Dalvao @Briedaqueduc @Matt Jones @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge @Jepox @RJ.2002 @Scott S @Psyduck77 @Prezzys

8 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What do you think of our performance as a team this year?   Could be better but we will get where we want to be.
  2. What do you think about your performance as a player this year?   Haven't played for that long but I think I've played pretty decently.
  3. What trade deadline deal would you have made?   Don't care to share my opinion on this topic.
  4. Which line combinations would you suggest to use?   I would like to see Arvid, myself, and Bates.
  5. Team event: what are we going to do?   Go out for a nice dinner.
  6. What are your pet peeves?   People chewing with their mouth open.
  7. What is your theme song for when you are introduced to the Vegas crowd?   Dark Horse, by Katie Perry.
  8. Favorite thing to do in Vegas?   Play hockey.
  9. Hypothetically If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you?   I don't know.
  10. Do you prefer goals or assists?   Goals

@Higgins @thekillamon @Daxoftheflame @Eric @GBatesy25  @jakejohn17 @Jesse @Julian Dalvao @Briedaqueduc @Matt Jones @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge @Jepox @RJ.2002 @Scott S @Psyduck77 @Prezzys

21 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What do you think of our performance as a team this year? I don't think any of us are satisfied with how the team has done, and we'll continue to watch the film and try fix the technique issues and get this team headed in the right direction.
  2. What do you think about your performance as a player this year? I'm still new to the team, but I'll continue to do what the coaches ask of me and put the work in and leave it all out on the ice. 
  3. What trade deadline deal would you have made? I'll leave that to the front office guys. We're, as a team, worried about the things we can control.
  4. Which line combinations would you suggest to use? The coaches get paid just like we do, that's their decision to make. Mine is to make plays on the ice and I'll continue to try and get better at all phases of the game.
  5. Team event: what are we going to do? Probably nothing, to be honest. I know that I personally am not satisfied with our performances, so I'm focused on improving and I think the consensus in the locker room is that we have more important things to worry about. Don't get me wrong, we do need to find a way to bring this team together, but our focus should be on improving the on ice product.
  6. What are your pet peeves? People that have more excuses than solutions. 
  7. What is your theme song for when you are introduced to the Vegas crowd? "Harvester of Sorrow" by Metallica
  8. Favorite thing to do in Vegas? I'm still getting acclimated to the city, but I love the classic car culture the dry environment here allows. There are some beautiful creations spanning the generations of automobiles. 
  9. Hypothetically If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you? I'm a firm believer in holding yourself accountable and in doing the right thing. I would never ask someone to cover for me. This is Pro Sports, the team's owner, management, the fans... They all expect us to be dedicated and to do what's best for the team, and that's what I plan to do.
  10. Do you prefer goals or assists? I prefer winning. If it's scoring a bunch of goals, then so be it. Stats only matter to analysts and fans. The only thing I'm worried about is finding ways to win and making sure I'm doing my part.

• 1 month later...

Questions for Las Vegas: 

3. What are your goals for next season?
  4. How did you enjoy the VHL/VHLM Draft? Who did you spend it with?
  5. Have you gone to any new restaurants in Vegas? Any recommendations?
  6. Favorite song right now?

I will included the rules below just for your reference!

Revised Press Conference Rules:

All players can earn up to 2 Capped TPE per week through Press Conferences, by way of any combination of the following:

• 1 TPE for asking 5 unique questions in any team or other players press conferences
  • 1 TPE for answering 3 questions in your own team or player press conference

@Higgins @thekillamon @Domkey @matt sovick @wild_soup97 @Jackson @Jepox @Julian Dalvao @JDGraves  @Briedaqueduc @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge

1. What are your plans for the offseason?Attend a couple Stand up comedys/concerts!
  2. What areas are you going to improve on before the start of next season? Defence manily but would also like to work on my scoring
  3. What are your goals for next season?Id like to become one of the top playmakers in the VHLM
  4. How did you enjoy the VHL/VHLM Draft? Who did you spend it with?It was Great happy with my position in both drafts and i spent it with my  family.
  5. Have you gone to any new restaurants in Vegas? Any recommendations?Sadly no i haven't yet! 
  6. Favorite song right now? Mac Miller-Good News 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Poptart said:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What do you think of our performance as a team this year? I think that not many people are expecting us to do that well, but I believe that we can surprise them.
  2. What do you think about your performance as a player this year? I think that for just staring I’m doing alright, but I know I still have a long way to go.
  3. What trade deadline deal would you have made? That’s not really my area. That for the guys in the office. They’re way better than me with that.
  4. Which line combinations would you suggest to use? I’m not sure yet. We haven’t really seen much of what a lot of our guys can do so I think we’ll figure that out later down the line.
  5. Team event: what are we going to do? We’re going to get a lot of practice in before the season starts. We have tough competition this year and we need to be ready.
  6. What are your pet peeves? People who instantly dive at a poke. I mean seriously, if I actually a trip you than fine that’s on me but if I go for the poke check and you just flop for no reason, that’s annoying.
  7. What is your theme song for when you are introduced to the Vegas crowd? Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas.
  8. Favorite thing to do in Vegas? I like to see all the famous sights.
  9. Hypothetically If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you? I’m not sure yet. I’m still settling in with the team and getting to know my teammates. Maybe ask that a couple weeks into the season and I’ll have a better answer but right now I’m not sure.
  10. Do you prefer goals or assists? Of course I like to score goals. I can’t think of anyone who would disagree with that, but assists are plenty fine, just do whatever to help the team.

14 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What are your plans for the offseason?        To Improve on my game so that I can make an impact in the season
  2. What areas are you going to improve on before the start of next season?        Mainly the fundamentals
  3. What are your goals for next season?     To win Rookie of the Year and bring home the cup
  4. How did you enjoy the VHL/VHLM Draft? Who did you spend it with?      My family and friends are the people I spent the draft with
  5. Have you gone to any new restaurants in Vegas? Any recommendations?      Mizumi is amazing
  6. Favorite song right now?       Oh Wow...Swerve

15 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Las Vegas: 

1. What are your plans for the offseason? I plan on getting a lot of practice in to be ready for the season. We have some tough opponents ahead and I need to be ready.
  2. What areas are you going to improve on before the start of next season? I definitely want to work on my physicality. I’m a bit smaller than a lot of guys in this league so I need to be able to hold my own.
  3. What are your goals for next season? To try and get a few goals and some assists. I want to be really involved in helping this team get wins.
  4. How did you enjoy the VHL/VHLM Draft? Who did you spend it with? I did enjoy the draft. It was stressful, especially since I didn’t go until the 6th round, but overall it was fun to have my family by my side supporting me.
  5. Have you gone to any new restaurants in Vegas? Any recommendations? I haven’t been anywhere yet, so no recommendations, although I’m dying to try In-N-Out. I’ve never had it before and Ive heard nothing but good things about it.
  6. Favorite song right now? It’s probably a tie between Dust in the Wind by Kansas and Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits.

@Higgins @thekillamon @Domkey @matt sovick @wild_soup97 @Jackson @Jepox @Julian Dalvao @JDGraves  @Briedaqueduc @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge

• 4 weeks later...

Presser for week ending February 16th for Las Vegas! ? (Also sorry for doing this a day late)

1. How do you feel about the signing of new AGM, @Viperxhawks19?

2. How do you feel the team is doing so far this year?

3. van Stronk is doing great this year! What are your thoughts on his performance?

4. Who needs to step up in the locker room and get everyone going?

5. Who, out of anyone on our team, will most likely hit 72 points first?

6. Do you think that the team chemistry is there this year?

@Higgins @thekillamon @Domkey @Julian Dalvao @JDGraves @Briedaqueduc @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge @Jepox @Jackson @wild_soup97 @HearnNation67

Edited by Viperxhawks19

On 2/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, Viperxhawks19 said:

Presser for week ending February 16th for Las Vegas! ? (Also sorry for doing this a day late)

1. How do you feel about the signing of new AGM, @Viperxhawks19?

He has been pretty cool and nothing bad is coming from him so its cool with me

As any team should feel there is improvement that needs to be made

3. van Stronk is doing great this year! What are your thoughts on his performance?

As long as he is doing good I feel good

tbh I could contribute to the locker room a little more

ME jk probably Stronk

Yeh I mean its not bad

@Higgins @thekillamon @Domkey @Julian Dalvao @JDGraves @Briedaqueduc @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge @Jepox @Jackson @wild_soup97 @HearnNation67

On 2/10/2020 at 7:53 PM, Viperxhawks19 said:

1. How do you feel about the signing of new AGM, @Viperxhawks19? I like him, he is a good AGM

2. How do you feel the team is doing so far this year? I think they will do better with me and the AGM is really good

3. van Stronk is doing great this year! What are your thoughts on his performance? He is a respectable player

4. Who needs to step up in the locker room and get everyone going? The team altogether, we got to be cooperative to win 

5. Who, out of anyone on our team, will most likely hit 72 points first? Me even though I joined halfway through the season 

6. Do you think that the team chemistry is there this year? I pass like a boss

1. How do you feel about the signing of new AGM, @Viperxhawks19?

I like him. He seems to care about his players.

As expected.

He is a great player.

Everyone in the team.

Stronk

Don't know.

Press conference for week ending 23rd for LVA!

1. With new players coming in this week, what potential do you think they hold? (Chip chiperson, Erik Hjalmarsson)

2. With the team's amount of draft picks, do you think you will be drafted back to Las Vegas?

3. It has been told that Chip chiperson and Jet Jaguar had a falling out in the VHL general area. What are your thoughts on the incident?

4. As you know, next season we will be announcing captains. Who best fits the "C" role?

5. The season is coming close to an end. (Well, roughly.) Who is most likely to win the cup?

6. The locker room has started to get more active recently, do you think that this will continue?

@Chip chiperson @Erik @thekillamon @Domkey @Julian Dalvao @JDGraves @Briedaqueduc @imeanttosaysaturn @Beerfridge @Jepox @Jackson @wild_soup97 @HearnNation67