Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

1. How has your training regimen changed with what's going on in the world now?

Where I am from in Belgium we really do not care about the sickness so I have been able to train to the fullest
2. Who's got your vote for team captain this season and why?

I have only been on the team for a day and I can already see that Letang is the locker room leader
3. What skill have you improved the most this offseason?

I hope that my defensive play will be better, I do not want to be -46 again
4. Returning players, who are you most excited to play with and why? Or new draftees, which Las Vegas vet are you looking forward to playing with the most and why?

I just want to find some line mates that I can party the night away with
5. In your eyes, what would the Las Vegas Aces mascot look like?

A giant slot machine
6. What would be your biggest goal heading into the beginning of the season?

I want to be a team player and help this team thrive and be near the top of the league

Im working out in my home gym and rollerblading a lot. 
Im not sure yet I will have to look. 
I have been working on my shot. 

4. Returning players, who are you most excited to play with and why? Or new draftees, which Las Vegas vet are you looking forward to playing with the most and why?

Im looking forward to playing with everyone. 
An Ace card with some dice for nuts maybe ?  Lol 

I just want to make impact and help win games. 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:23 AM, .sniffuM said:

Hello Aces! Press conference questions incoming, answer all 6 for 2 capped TPE!

1. I've been watching lots of highlights from past games to think about ways to improve!!

2. I'm not on the team, I just needed a place to do the press conference. @Spartan is pretty rad though.

3. I've been defending myself against the virus. Defenseman through and through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Again, I'm not on the team, but @Spartan is still pretty cool. I'm sure that'd be pretty cool.

5. The ace of hearts seems appropriate.

6. At this point, I'm just trying to get a grip on what's going on and how the league functions.

6 hours ago, fishy said:

6. At this point, I'm just trying to get a grip on what's going on and how the league functions.

I've been here 2 years and still haven't figured that out completely lol. Good luck to you, today's most special catch ;) I'm sure you'll do great here!!!

6 hours ago, fishy said:

1. I've been watching lots of highlights from past games to think about ways to improve!!

2. I'm not on the team, I just needed a place to do the press conference. @Spartan is pretty rad though.

3. I've been defending myself against the virus. Defenseman through and through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Again, I'm not on the team, but @Spartan is still pretty cool. I'm sure that'd be pretty cool.

5. The ace of hearts seems appropriate.

Welcome to the league, and good luck with everything - @Spartan is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I've been here since Stonehenge so that's saying something. Anyone he's good with, I'm good with. If you have any questions of a more complex nature than Spartan can answer, feel free to ask me - I'm one of the commissioners of the minor league so I'll either know the answer, or know who to direct your question to if I don't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Been running the treadmill and rollerskating for the most part. the quarantine has made me upgrade and use my home gym more

2: i havent really meet anyone on the team yet especially with this pandemic going around 

3: stick handling by far. not much else you can improve without the ice 

4: looking forward to playing defence with Captain Spartan (Alex Letang)

5: a huge living slot machine 

6: im happy as long as i survive the season

Edited by Bouncyelf

2 minutes ago, Proto said:

New week, new press conference. Answer all 6 for that sweet, sweet TPE.

1. How was your first game in the VHLM? If this isn't your first season, how'd it feel to be back?

2. How do you feel about the first week of the season? 

3. Do you think we can maintain the pace that we are on?

4. What's your signature move after you score a goal?

5. If your player had a documentary made about them, what would the title be?

6. You just won $1,000,000 on a lotto ticket. What's the first thing you do?

1. As a returning player, it was great to be back. A new season is always fun, especially when I have @Poptart as my new parter!

2. First week was a great start, especially since we're tied for first in the leaderboards. Only losing 1 game is a solid start to this season.

3. Might be a bit unrealistic to expect a 6 win/1 loss pace, but we can definitely rack up more W's than L's.

4. Lol, you assume I score goals. I'd probably celebrate like it's a milestone point or something.

5. Jackass: On Ice

6. Take my D-partners out to a nice dinner, especially @fishy. Great first week in the VHL!

1. How was your first game in the VHLM? If this isn't your first season, how'd it feel to be back?

I felt a lot better than in my first season, this time I know what I am capable of and it helps my confidence out

Team wise I think we have something great happening, Statistically I am disappointed and I need to do my part of this team

I think we will slowdown a but this is a team of winners so I expect us to keep on winning

I usually take a shot of whisky if I am completely honest

The Wild Stallion

I don't want to say spend it all on alcohol...but...……..

It was my first game in the Aces jersey with the A, it felt good. I love playing with @Spartan. I have been watching him for a while. 

Pretty good. We have had a really good start of the season. I am very happy with it. 

Yes, we can and we will do that. 

I go with the dusting of my skate. I don't score a ton though. 

Micah Adrienne - Taylor Swift and Hockey

I would buy a ticket to every Taylor Swift concert. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: it felt wierd but theres nothing better than being back on ice

2: i think we are doing amazing but we still have a bit more to go

3: i hope so but you never know

4: i havent even scored a goal yet so i dont think thats the best question to ask me

5: The 4th liners 

6: buy some food so i can hopefully become higher than a midget and then get some weed to get even higher  

12 hours ago, Proto said:

Feels great! Team is really clicking and we've come out hot!

finishing at 5-1 is just about as good as you can hope.

If you look at the numbers, I think we can keep rolling. We're giving up a lot of shots, but I'm playing well. As everyone else keeps developing, it should all come together.

I haven't scored a goal since I was 11 years old!

Oh, I don't know, maybe "Nils Friedriksen, the Great Northern Goaler"

Look for the hidden camera! Nobody wins that stuff, especially me!

1. How was your first game in the VHLM? If this isn't your first season, how'd it feel to be back?

I didn’t score but we are winning. 

We are winning games so that is great. 

Yes we are the best team in the VHLM. 

I just do the fist pump. 

Im new here ! 

I bank that $$ and plan on spending some.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:09 PM, Proto said:

1. The first game went well! I got my first assist, which felt pretty good, so I have high hopes. 

2. I feel pretty good about the first week. LVA is off to a strong start, and I'm excited to see where we go as a team this season!

3. I may be brand new, but I've got a good feeling about the team. If we keep practicing hard and grinding on the skills we need, I think we'll be proud of where we end up. 

4. Peace signs, obviously. Keep it fresh. 

5. 1975 Reasons Why It's Sock Sock Shoe Shoe, not Sock Shoe Sock Shoe. 

6. I call my mom, 100%. 

1. How was your first game in the VHLM? If this isn't your first season, how'd it feel to be back?

Bro, dude, it was un-freakin'-real dude. I know this isn't the big big leagues, but it's my first step of many in my career, and I'm excited for every part of it 

Seeing as how we're the best team in the league right now, in my biased opinion, it feels like we're on track to win a lot more than a few games.

It'll definitely be a challenge to maintain this level of perfection, but I think with guys like Blaze, Williams, and Moreau, I think we can do it.

4. What's your signature move after you score a goal?

Punch someone in the face and get 5 for fighting.

Art of the Gordie Hat Trick.

Invest responsibly in booze n hookers. It *is* Vegas.

Edited by SuicidalNomad

6/1-6/7 Presser

1. At 18-4-0 through 22 games we've been one of the hottest teams in the VHLM. What has been the biggest factor to our great start?

2. What is the one aspect you feel your player has excelled in the most this season?

3. What is one aspect you feel your player can improve the most at this season?

4. Ottawa has had our number this far this season, beating us in our two matchups. With another game against the Lynx coming up, what can we do to emerge victorious this time around?

5. Who has been the team MVP this season thus far?

6. Who has been the most surprising success story for us this season?

7 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

6/1-6/7 Presser

1. At 18-4-0 through 22 games we've been one of the hottest teams in the VHLM. What has been the biggest factor to our great start?

2. What is the one aspect you feel your player has excelled in the most this season?

4. Ottawa has had our number this far this season, beating us in our two matchups. With another game against the Lynx coming up, what can we do to emerge victorious this time around?

1. Biggest thing I'll point to has been the play of Nils @Biggreen10 Friedriksen in goal. He's a huge reason why we're winning.

2. Well I've been racking up the assists, and generally playing well against top lines, so I'd say that.

3. Scoring a few more goals would be nice lol

4. They seem to be getting too comfortable, so we'll have to get gritty and give 'em a few hard hits. Make sure they play rattled.

5. Nils Friedriksen, or Micah @Poptart Adrienne for sure. Both those guys have been huge for us.

6. Matty @fishy Socks is definitely the biggest surprise for me. Scoring at almost a point-per-game pace for a sub-100 TPE build, and truly excelling at the 3rd defenseman spot. Really proud of the performance there!

3 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

6/1-6/7 Presser

We've had strong performance all around. I have a number of shutouts, but we also have a handful of 5+ goal games.

Rebound control has gotten a lot better. We're giving up more shots than last season, but fewer junk goals.

Looking forward to maintaining focus in high shot count games. It's a bummer to have a killer period or two and then just have it fall apart.

I would look to management to tinker with lines and figure out how our personnel can best counter theirs.

I'd like to throw myself in the ring. 18-4 over 22 games, a 2.1 GAA and a .91 save percentage have been big parts of our success.

Gotta be Matty Socks, newer guy, on the small side, but putting up results.

I think just everyone staying together and grinding. It's about the team. 
I feel like I want to be better than I have. I need to be better, so, I am not sure about that. 
Everything, I need to be so much better playing. I need to make a bigger impact. So, I need to do everything better. 
I think we just need to keep at it. We need to score more goals and stop their team from scoring. Just keep at it. 
Nils gets my vote. Look at his stats, he is going to be the MVP, he has been absolutely awesome. 

I would say Matty Socks. I would have to agree with everyone else. What a job so far. 

1. At 18-4-0 through 22 games we've been one of the hottest teams in the VHLM. What has been the biggest factor to our great start?

We have been scoring a lot of goals consistently. 

I don’t get many minutes so I’m not going to contribute much until maybe next season or something. 

I just have to keep building that TPE and the points will happen. 

Play better defensively and score timely goals. 

I would say our scoring leader is the MVP so far. 

I will say Matty Socks for sure. 

Our team buying into our defense first mindset

Clutch goals, I am already at 4 gwgs, the same that I had at end of last season

I need to be more accurate with my shot

We need to get some lucky shot or bounces, we have the skill to beat them

Nils has bailed us out so many times

100% Matty Socks, VHL scouts better be taking notes about that kid

Edited by SweatyBeaver

On 6/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, .sniffuM said:

6/1-6/7 Presser

1. I'd say that strong team determination and commitment paired with a high-performing goalie have served us well!! If we keep it up, I think we've got a good season ahead of us!!

2. I feel pretty good about the start I've had overall. I've gotten a fair amount of assists, but of course, I'm looking forward to hopefully boosting that number. 

3. While I'm working toward improvement in every aspect, I'm hoping to pull through with more goals!

4. We need to be sure to keep focused - never get too comfy with a good record!!

5. Jeff @NyQuil Blaze has consistently performed really well playing a really good offensive game. Nils @Biggreen10 Friedriksen also shows up and defends the goal like it's exactly what he was born to do!!

6. While I'm brand new to the VHLM, I'd say that first defensive line with Alex @Spartan Letang & Micah @Poptart Adrienne have worked really well together since I've joined!

6/8-6/14

1. Unfortunately Proto has decided to step down from the GM post for the team, but we all know how much he meant to this team. Do you have any words of appreciation for Proto?

2. Spartan has taken up the mantle of Las Vegas GM. Do you have any words of encouragement for our new leader?

3. Smack dab in the middle of the season, we remain among the best teams in the league with 57 points. What can we do to maintain this momentum pushing forward?

4. What are some goals you have to make the second half of your season even better than the first half?

5. What are you looking forward to doing the most as quarantine restrictions are moving towards lifting?

6. If you had the chance to bring a new team to the VHLM, where would you want them to play and why?

32 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

6/8-6/14

1. Unfortunately Proto has decided to step down from the GM post for the team, but we all know how much he meant to this team. Do you have any words of appreciation for Proto?

2. Spartan has taken up the mantle of Las Vegas GM. Do you have any words of encouragement for our new leader?

3. Smack dab in the middle of the season, we remain among the best teams in the league with 57 points. What can we do to maintain this momentum pushing forward?

4. What are some goals you have to make the second half of your season even better than the first half?

5. What are you looking forward to doing the most as quarantine restrictions are moving towards lifting?

6. If you had the chance to bring a new team to the VHLM, where would you want them to play and why?

1. Although I didn't work much with him due to my short time in the league, Proto was consistently a positive energy for the team. Spartan has big shoes to fill. 

2. You're gonna do great, my man. 

3. We need to continue to stay engaged with the league and keep up morale. 

4. I'm aiming to bank more practice hours and be a strong force for the second defensive line. I had a strong start that I think has been fizzling out, so I'm working to get back to where I was. 

5. Honestly, I'll probably continue to play it safe. Dinner and beers with the pals can happen at home. 

6. I'd say Denver. We have lots of rep from Canada and quite a few states around the perimeter of the US, so moving toward the middle of the country would be interesting. 

41 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

6/8-6/14

1. My appreciation for Proto and his passion for the team can't be put into words.

2. Yes, pls send help.

3. Keep grinding, earning and updating, and we just keep up the level of play we've been at!

4. Some more goals would be nice, maybe reduce the difference between goals and assists.

5. Hanging out with @fishy ❤️ 

6. Pittsburgh, simply because Pittsburgh is amazing and is the city of champions.

Proto is a legend and I am thankful to have had him as my gm and see his maturity in realizing the issues that are here and not sitting back and letting them go by, I wish it ended differently but it is cool to see him stand for what he thinks is right.

Spartan will honestly transition to the role so well, he has been such an active and positive member in our LR and I think he will do a great job leading us

I sure hope so, we have a lot of things that are clicking right and I hope we can push hard to the end

I need to play a stronger offensive game, Our defense and goalkeeping are doing their parts, it is time for me to try and return the favour

I cannot wait to catch up with friends in person

Hawaii for the chaos that would cause with travel