Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

• On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower? When You Dance In the Team shower are you dancing alone? Or is it a team effort?
    • Depends, if its water never but if it is showering alcohol many times
  • What’s the most money you’ve ever drunkenly spent at McDonald’s? What did you get?
    • I only go to McDonalds when sober, so never
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how intolerable do you find players that post their entire lives on their insta ?
    • I don't like it because If I posted my entire life I would go back to prison...
  • How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more?
    • I only eat muffins for breakie
  • Who on your team would you let punch you directly in the face no questions asked?
    • I don't get punched I give punches
  • How many days have you gone without showering? Did people notice?
    • I grew up on a rural farm in Belgium....a lot and no because we all smelled the same

On 6/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Aces, Venus here with some fun questions to help spice up the boring monotony of VHL life :DPick 6

• On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower? When You Dance In the Team shower are you dancing alone? Or is it a team effort?
  • What’s the most money you’ve ever drunkenly spent at McDonald’s? What did you get?
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how intolerable do you find players that post their entire lives on their insta ?
  • How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more?
  • Who on your team would you let punch you directly in the face no questions asked?
  • How many days have you gone without showering? Did people notice?
  • How old were you when you realized Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny probably never actually knew one another in real life?
  • Can you fit your whole fist in your mouth? Are you trying to now? lol

❤️ Much love

Venus Thightrap, 3rd Line C

1. I don't dance in the shower, I feel like a second of dancing is not worth the pain that would come after slipping.

2. Never drunkenly spent anything at McDonald's, but one time I bought 10 McDoubles because they were really cheap... Maybe I'm just stupid.

3. Depends if their a player I like. If a player I like posts their whole life I'll have to unfollow ?

4. 2, but only if I have 1 for breakfast. I have one bowl in the morning and usually have another bowl around 2am because I'm still up and I'm hungry. I'm not having more because other people need to enjoy the cereal as well.

5. I think if anyone punches me in the face I will be asking questions or at the very least one question; why?

6. A week, it was summer and I was like 10 so. No one really noticed, I can't go 2 days without showering now.

3 minutes ago, twists said:

1. We are currently tied in our playoff series with Mexico, what kind of shady move do we need to make to retaliate towards them for their shady moves?

2. If @fishy was actually kidnapped and held for ransom, do you think Spartan would give in or let the boys play?

3. What's your crazy idea for what we need to change in our strategy to help us win the cup this year?

4. Who do you think has been the most impactful these playoffs and why?

5. In your opinion, what was the worst trade this season in either the VHL or VHLM?

6. What are you doing to celebrate when LVA wins the cup?

1. As the GM, I will make no comment here. Players, I'll be looking the other way.

2. The boys, and lone girl @BladeMaiden, will play. We've got three other great defensemen to pick up the slack, @fishy can just distract them while kidnapped.

3. All offense, no defense. @Biggreen10 can stand on his head by himself, right? I kid, I kid.

4. Going to point to Nils here again, he's been doing a great job keeping us in every game. Offense and defense just need to show up like they did in that 8-2 win!

5. Anything Vancouver did ?

6. Well, not going to think about celebrating for a while. I'm treating this series like a cup series, since it's a must-win. Mexico is the only thing on my mind right now.

1. We are currently tied in our playoff series with Mexico, what kind of shady move do we need to make to retaliate towards them for their shady moves?

Moose: They’ve done a great job, paying off the guys running the sims. Mean, we’ve seen what happens when we get ahead. Just strange to me that one team was able to put the boot on and the other can only get ahead in close affairs where the sim really swings things. I mean, it’s been blatant these entire playoffs that the likely teams get the W’s in close matchups. We saw it with Sasky and Minnesota today. It’s unfortunate that we’re also in that situation.

2. If @fishy was actually kidnapped and held for ransom, do you think Spartan would give in or let the boys play?

King: “Fishy isn’t going anywhere. I know they’re desperate for talent since they didn’t really capitalize on deadline day. Either way, Fishy gets kidnapped, me and the boys are heading down to the city of palaces and we aren’t coming back without her.”

3. What's your crazy idea for what we need to change in our strategy to help us win the cup this year?

King: “I think it just comes down to play. We’re a little handcuffed by certain strategies being unavailable in the current structure of the game. We’ve got a great club here and I think we certainly can get there. I gotta get better on the draw. That magic from the regular season hasn’t been there for this series. I’ve struggled all year against this team on the draw. We’ll just have to play our game the best we can and get pucks on net.”

Moose: It’s a matter of the sim engine. Without the use of some timings, line priorities, and other aspects of the system it’s almost just luck. There’s a lot of skills that get left off the table and the fact we can’t play to a line priority hurts the team. My job right now is to focus on getting King a higher FO ability to match the current playoff teams. After that, we’ll see.

King: “For us, definitely Adrienne. You can just see that Micah is ready for the big time. It’s been incredible to watch the progression, I’m glad I got to see part of it.”

5. In your opinion, what was the worst trade this season in either the VHL or VHLM?

King/Moose: “The Moscow Deal. I mean, Moscow makes out like bandits here it feels like and that’s no insult to the guys they moved. Jet Jaguar and Killy Foilen to Davos in exchange for Milos Slavik, Michael Hall, and Derek Eriksson, along with a 3rd Round pick to Davos and a 1st and 3rd to Moscow. I mean, Davos wanted to make a run here clearly with this trade and I don’t blame them at all. Under a sim that acts a bit differently I don’t know but it never clicked with Jaguar and Foilen on that team. Moscow looked like a team trying to soft retool without rebuilding and instead is up 3-1 in their series right now and may arguably be a threat here. Davos is already booted so I don’t know. That’s a tough one to look at in hindsight, but I do understand why they went for it.”

King: “We got a big Game 5 and 6 against Mexico City in front of us. They’ve played 3 of these 4 games close so I’m just focused on the team in front of us as we get going here. We gotta take care of business here first. We focus on the right things, and build on the right stuff here, we’ve got a real chance to make an impact late in this series and take that with us. It’s important not to look past these guys.”

1 hour ago, twists said:

6/29 - 7/5

1. We are currently tied in our playoff series with Mexico, what kind of shady move do we need to make to retaliate towards them for their shady moves?

2. If @fishy was actually kidnapped and held for ransom, do you think Spartan would give in or let the boys play?

1. Okay hear me out... we gain control over all media, if we report the score as whatever we want and enough people see it we will be able to start a riot and it won't stop until we're allowed to advance to the second round.

2. Absolutely, I'll boost my defense and play second pairing if need be.

3. My crazy idea: I need to start scoring goals, maybe next game ?

4. Adrienne, he's amazing on both ends of the ice. He is going to do great things in the VHL and am glad he's playing on the same team as me for sure.

5. Honestly not able to say. Haven't kept up with trades this season.

6. Pool party with the team ?... After I get a pool, or find someone with a pool. Maybe I'll just swim in a fountain.

11 hours ago, twists said:

6/29 - 7/5

1) I say we just beat them down with goals. 
2) I’m not sure the answer to that. 
3) We can if we score more goals than the opponent. 
4) Looks like Adrienne has the most points. 
5) The trade that gave Smitty to Calgary in the VHL. 

6) I’m partying like a rock star with the team. 

Pay there owner to tank.

2. If fishy was actually kidnapped and held for ransom, do you think Spartan would give in or let the boys play?

Let the boys playy

Luke and Onde Sandstrom on the same line. Easy as that. Jk

Our goalie is doing pretty amazing.

NYA just lost to Seattle so that trade did not quite work out.

Celebrate with my family back home

On 6/29/2020 at 12:00 AM, twists said:

1. Rather than kidnapping one of p (their players (what a weird pitch ??????????????), why don't we just win without being shady. Maybe a new playing strat would help (RE: question 3)

2. No chance that he gives in. He knows that me being kidnapped is actually nothing to worry about because 1) I can distract from the inside and/or 2) they release me very quickly because I won't stop singing "Don't Stop Believin'" and they just can't take it anymore. 

3. image.png.d60250d7fa1b09e43cf84d71619e38b3.png @Spartan

jk, but what if we went full defense?? Adrienne, one of our first line defensemen has put up the most points. We could also just have a new defensive strategy where everyone on the ice just huddles around the goal so that there is literally no way for the puck to get in. Then, when the opponent gets bored and lets their guard down, we swarm their net. Genius. 

4. (why does impactful have a red squiggly?? that's definitely a word) Adrienne and Friedriksen, our defense kings. Adrienne has put up quite a few points, and it's like Friedriksen was born to defend the Aces goal.

5. I didn't pay attention oops

6. One step at a time, champ. We gotta beat Mexico first.

Lock them out at the border

I'm sure Fishy is lovely and all...but I believe he would make us play

Play like we actually want to win

Just as in the regular season our defense and goaltending has been phenomenal

Whatever one VSN chirped the most

Same as Ill do if we don't, drink

On 6/28/2020 at 9:00 PM, twists said:

6/29 - 7/5

1. Sad we had to lose that one. I'd probably say we'd need to up our physical play.

2. Probably not, Spartan is a savage.

3. I think it was mine lmao.

4. Not me, I'm here for the hits.

5. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh I think Davos trading Acyd Burn after signing him as an FA is up there.

6. I'm sad now

1 minute ago, twists said:

1. Reflecting back on your season, what was your favorite moment as a player on LVA?

2. Who do you think is going to win the VHLM playoffs?

3.a. As the draft nears where do you hope to go overall in the draft? What team would you like to be drafted by?

3.b. As someone who has already been drafted are you planning on staying down another year or going up to join your VHL team? What excites you about either?

4. Is there anything you would have preferred @Spartan or I to have done better for your VHLM experience? We're always looking to improve :).

5. Did you ever meet any of our fellow Vegas hockey players from the Golden Knights? If so, what was your experience like?

6. How rowdy did you get the night when we were eliminated from the playoffs?

1. I think my favorite moment had to be getting all the recreates at the trade deadline. Some really good friends joined the team, so it's always exciting to see them rolling in.

2. I'll throw my support to @Motzaburger and Mexico. Even though they threatened to do some terrible things to us, I'd prefer the team that knocked us out to win it all.

3b. I'm going to be going up to Moscow, and I'm thrilled about it. I get to play with @twists for the first time in my career, and get to keep playing with @Da Trifecta.

4. Give feedback pls and ty ?

5. Was able to meet Marc-Andre Fleury, that was a thrill. He's one of my favorite hockey players since he was a mainstay on the Pens, so it was great to meet him!

6. I wouldn't say rowdy, since I was pretty disappointed. I wasn't able to lead the team to a win, but I'll make sure not to let that happen again.

10 hours ago, twists said:

7/6 - 7/12

Please answer either 3 a or b as it pertains to you.

1. Reflecting back on your season, what was your favorite moment as a player on LVA?

3.a. As the draft nears where do you hope to go overall in the draft? What team would you like to be drafted by?

3.b. As someone who has already been drafted are you planning on staying down another year or going up to join your VHL team? What excites you about either?

4. Is there anything you would have preferred @Spartan or I to have done better for your VHLM experience? We're always looking to improve :).

5. Did you ever meet any of our fellow Vegas hockey players from the Golden Knights? If so, what was your experience like?

1) My favorite moment was scoring my first ever goal. 
2) Maybe Minnesota I’m not sure. 
3a) I wouldn’t mind being drafted by Vegas or anyone I guess. 
4) Nothing that I can think of. 
5) I have never met any of them. 
6) I was just disappointed losing after we had such a stellar year. 

1. Reflecting back on your season, what was your favorite moment as a player on LVA?

King: “Gotta be our 8-2 win in game 2. My first playoff goal as an Ace. I should also give a nod to the lockeroom on Discord. I can’t point to just one moment. It’s been a ride all season with these guys and gals. Getting to be a part of so many player’s last VHLM season before joining the majors has been special. I’m excited to see what’s in store for everyone.”

King: “With Mexico City punching their ticket yesterday I think there’s a real competitive series coming either way. I think Mexico City probably edges out Sasky, I don’t think they get through Philly though, so it’ll be interesting to see which team comes out of that game 7 tonight.”

3. As the draft nears where do you hope to go overall in the draft? What team would you like to be drafted by?

King: “I’m not really concerned about what round or number overall at this point. I’ve been pegged anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd [round]. I think anyone would want to be in that first round conversation. I don’t think it really matters at this time. I just gotta keep playing my game, working on the motions, training, staying and active. If I’m seen as a steal, I need to validate that. I think going later can be an extra motivator. I can already kinda feel that. So we’ll see come draft day what happens.”

4. Is there anything you would have preferred @Spartan or I to have done better for your VHLM experience? We're always looking to improve :).

King: “I think @Spartan and @Twists did a fantastic job given the circumstances. Chief walked into the role and stepped up to try and get us to where we wanted to be. I know we all wanted to be having this presser later in the postseason, it didn’t work out that way. I don’t feel that takes anything away from the performance of the front office though. Twists pulled double duty in the M, which can’t be easy. I’m proud of the work they’ve done and can’t wait to see what this club does next. I think Vegas is in great hands.”

Moose: Any of them I’ve met it was on a different roster. I got to meet Fleury in his Pittsburgh days back in like 2009-2010 and I met Tomas Nosek back when he was in Grand Rapids, seemed like good people.

King: “As some may be painfully aware, I wasn’t the happiest with game 6. I’ve had my time to cool off. I think competition is healthy and I’m not ashamed of that drive or rage. I think you have to have the self-awareness to understand where to direct that competitive fire and not put that on anyone except yourself. It was a rough night for sure, I don’t feel I took that out on anyone else.”

Definitely creating the monstrosity that is our mascot 'Jack Pot'

To be honest I have been too busy to really keep track of what the series are at haha

It has been my dream to go to the VHL and I believe that I am ready to make that transition

4. Is there anything you would have preferred @Spartan or I to have done better for your VHLM experience? We're always looking to improve :).

Maybe help us win a playoff series /s

I did shots with Stone once, he's a lightweight

Ask Mark Stone

On 7/6/2020 at 12:13 AM, twists said:

7/6 - 7/12

1. My favourite moment was any time I got a point, they were very infrequent moments :,(

2. Better be Mexico so we can at least say we lost to the champs.

3. I hope to go right around where I'm projected at around 30, but if a team took a chance on me they wouldn't regret it.

4. Not really anything I can think of, overall it was a pretty good experience.

5. Didn't have to see any of them because I live in UTAH ? would've been nice to meet Alex Tuch though ?

6. I bought a ton of Taco Bell to cheer myself up and then went home and stared at my bathroom wall.

My player getting signed with his cousin Onde Sandtrom for the Las Vegas Aces.

I was hoping Mexico will or would.

3. As the draft nears where do you hope to go overall in the draft? What team would you like to be drafted by?

Mexico would be a cool place to be, but I hope I can be on the same team as Ondre Sandtrom.

4. Is there anything you would have preferred Spartan or I to have done better for your VHLM experience? We're always looking to improve :).

He did great/ So many rookies joined the team and he all treated them equally.

None if you meant in real life.

Was pretty calm. I got another full year next year in the VHLM.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:13 PM, twists said:

7/6 - 7/12

1. All the shut fuck ups and hits.

2. I think Saskatoon will win.

3. I don't care just need hits.

4. No, you guys just needed to put physical at 5 for my line but besides that, it was a fun experience.

5. No they're all trash.

6. Not rowdy. Mostly got emotional. Was sad Onde, crying a river and such.

1. Overall I think it’s good considering you had what 2? players going into it

2. Yes I’m excited to be here in Vegas even tho part of me wanted to stay in Ottawa because I was familiar with it but in order to grow as a player you might need to move from what you know

3. I would say Ottawa won but the battle between Miami and San Diego in the first two round ms was fun

4. I don’t know them so who knows

5. I just want to help the team win as much as possible 

6. I love doing press conferences cause it allows me to put some of myself into the player 

1 hour ago, twists said:

7/13 - 7/19

1. What do you think of our S73 draft class? How did we do?

2. If you're a new player are you excited to be on LVA? If you're an alum or already drafted, what advice do you have for our new teammates?

3. Overall what team do you think won the VHLM draft?

4. Miami managed to steal a bunch of Las Vegas first gens in the draft, do you think they'll be willing to be spies for us?

5. What are your goals for this upcoming season?

6. What is your favorite way to earn TPE? Media spots, graphics, podcasts, other?

1. There's a lot of talent in the S73 draft class. With what LVA had, I think y'all did a really nice job of scouting out folks who may have lower TPE but are active. 

2. Update & stay involved in the LR. I think plenty of folks will tell you that they're here more for the people and less to win, and the LR is definitely where the fun comes. LVA has a fun LR, highly recommend keeping up with it.

3. Miami. They had a lot of early picks that they used on some high-earning folks. The "Miami Aces," as I like to call us, have a good roster for a great season. 

4. no ........ but you do know that ricer is in your LR, right???

5. I'm hoping to keep building on the skills I've gained from the Aces. I'll be getting rich experiences playing with brand new defensemen at Miami. Having had the opportunity to play alongside Letang and Adrienne, two outstanding players, I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn more from new players at Miami and apply what I've learned!!

6. Podcasts!!! I've only done a couple with Spartan, but hopefully that'll be changing soon ?

Edited by fishy
I skipped a question lol

1 hour ago, twists said:

7/13 - 7/19

2. If you're a new player are you excited to be on LVA? If you're an alum or already drafted, what advice do you have for our new teammates?

4. Miami managed to steal a bunch of Las Vegas first gens in the draft, do you think they'll be willing to be spies for us?

6. What is your favorite way to earn TPE? Media spots, graphics, podcasts, other?

1. I love it! We got active folks with just about all of our picks, so it'll be great to see how we can develop everyone for a season and then take the M by storm next year!

2. Well, as the GM and a former player, this team has a reputation for having a lot of fun in the LR. If you see it active, or people chatting, definitely join in! Everyone is super willing to have a chat and to include you, and there are no stupid questions unless you're @Viperxhawks19.

3. I think it's a toss-up between Miami and Houston, kinda leaning Houston. Miami was gifted with some top picks, while Houston had to dig deep, and I think they hit on all of their picks. Also can't give Miami too much credit for basically taking half of the Vegas prospects I acquired.

4. @Moose @fishy ?

5. I think this season is going to be focused on player development, maybe a little bit more than usual. We had mostly 4th+ round picks, so it's a lot of active, new first-gens who I'm going to enjoy working with to help them become stars in this league!

6. It's kind of a toss up between graphics and podcasts. Graphics because I can work on them on my own time, and it's oddly soothing to see something come out decently, by my standards at least. Podcasts are also nice when I'm feeling social since I get to just chat with a friend and earn TPE from it!

I am way too lazy to look for Vancouver's presser so I am just going to do this one, thanks for the fun times Vegas

The Aces did probably the same as about last draft class, getting some really great players despite not having the best picks to use, excited to follow them this season

Make the most of your time here and have fun, remember that it is a team first sport and do your part to make your team better, even at the cost of some personal stats

Miami and San Diego are the obvious choices, but watch out for Houston I would also say

I think that Socks and King were no-brainer picks for Miami and I know that they will have amazing seasons on that team

I want to make an impact on Vancouver, prove that I was worth keeping and not exposing and reward my Gms trust in me

6. What is your favorite way to earn TPE? Media spots, graphics, podcasts, other

Definitly media spots if I am in the right mood, I prefer just writing on silly things because I enjoy it more and it develops the personality of my player

Honestly, I think we did good in terms of quality in the draft. However more picks would've been optimal!

Work hard, play hard.

Miami, easily.

Yup. Not even surprised since each member they took were great people.

Become MVP

I do my job, however graphics are fun now adays.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, twists said:

7/13 - 7/19

1) You did a good job for sure. 
2) My advice would be to keep building your player up with TPE. 

3) I’m not sure but I believe we did good. 
4) I don’t know about that. Lol

5) I’m going to score a lot of goals and help lead this team. 
6) Right now graphics will be my favorite. 

7/13 - 7/19

Im happy. As a new player, we got some good pieces, and am excited for the season

Yea, I am excited to be here. I know Spartan doing some speical things, and something to look forward for.

Can I really say anyone but us. Tho Houston got Reno, so thats a big win.

Yea obviously, who doesnt spy for their old team ?

Just try to stay active, and earn some TPE. Maybe even score some goals along the way.

welfare, lol.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, twists said:

7/13 - 7/19

Sounds like a great draft. Lots of picks and players selected, especially when compared to Mississauga where they only had 8 players including myself.

Excitement is an understatement, I'm pumped. Seems like a chill crowd with an awesome GM.

Hard to tell since this is my first year. If I have to pick, I'll pick the team who drafted the best player.

Do we actually need spies? I prefer to not have karma hit us when we steal a bunch of good players and they become spies.

Everything is still very new, maybe 10 and 10 for 20 points?

Weekly training? Haha easy 2 points