Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

**Luke Thornton storms the press conference**

1. Spartan surprised us with a bunch of new recruits for this season via free agency. How do you think this will benefit our team?

They will make this team capable of competing instead of rebuilding.

2. Would you rather give Fonzi more hits or let Vegas win more games? (this is a tough one I know)
Wins so that I can beat him in the playoff :)

3. What is your favorite activity to do outside of hockey?

Basket-Ball

4. Do you think we should be higher or lower in the standings, or are we just right?

Just right to be fair.

5. Do you know what a pierogi is, and if not why have you never eaten this delicious polish delicacy?

Wtf lmao. First time I ever heard this word.

6. The Aces are tied in the 3rd period with 30 seconds on the clock. You managed to get a breakaway, what is your go-to dangle to win the game?

Slapshot Wayne Gretzky style for the memes lol

7/27 - 8/2

1. Spartan surprised us with a bunch of new recruits for this season via free agency. How do you think this will benefit our team?

Spartan sux lmap. But as long as I am first line, we will win.

2. Would you rather give @fonziGG more hits or let Vegas win more games? (this is a tough one I know)

Fonzi sux lmap. Vegas win more games.

Make fun of Spartan,

4. Do you think we should be higher or lower in the standings, or are we just right?

Higher, I feel like we beat Houston.

5. Do you know what a pierogi is, and if not why have you never eaten this delicious polish delicacy?

Wtf is a pierogu, sounds likes fake pie

6. The Aces are tied in the 3rd period with 30 seconds on the clock. You managed to get a breakaway, what is your go-to dangle to win the game?

If i knew what a dangle was, then i would tell you.

We went from being a potential bottom feeder to being able to play against the toughest competition, yeah we still need work but our locker room is consistent so if everything continues like it has expect to see the Aces fighting for a chance to win the championship :)

2. Would you rather give @fonziGG more hits or let Vegas win more games? (this is a tough one I know)

Sorry team but I'd actually rather see Mr. Sandstorm get more hits, less shooters and more hitters might be what we need!

Listen to music for hours

It's too early to predict that I think, we could end up being the best team by next week or drop all the way to the floor

Yes I'm a big fan of cheese, their so delicious! Only thing is I have no clue how to make them and haven't had them in a bit, thanks for making me crave fucker!

Wind up, close my eyes and slap the puck as hard as I can, if I don't score at least I'm giving the goalie a zinger

On 7/27/2020 at 3:07 AM, twists said:

7/27 - 8/2

New players equals trade bait, and inactive insurance. 

2. Would you rather give @fonziGG more hits or let Vegas win more games? (this is a tough one I know)

I could care less about Fonzi's stats

Sleep 

Where even are we in the standings? If we ain't first, we're last.

I'm not polish

I pass the puck to a teammate and they score ftw.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:07 AM, twists said:

7/27 - 8/2

Definitely! It is early in the season, any additional help would help the team. It might take away some playing time, but a more rested team is a better team

2. Would you rather give @fonziGG more hits or let Vegas win more games? (this is a tough one I know)

I'm all about finding ways for my team to win. At the end of the day if hitting fonzi gives you more wins I'll take it.

I read

We are about in the correct spot in the standings

No. I'm asian. We have our own dumplings which I don't eat.

You got to love my sick backhand, forehand, backhand top shelve (and maybe back to forehand wrister through the five-hole)

7/27 - 8/2

This will make us a dark horse I believe.

Honestly, I'd sacrifice my hits for wins.

Playing soccer ngl

Just about right for now!

I have not. If we win a cup, all the pierogis are on me (wait are they expensive?)

backhand-forhand right into 5-hole

41 minutes ago, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1. All of you have been doing great earning TPE and producing for the team, what's magic ingredient here?

2. When the season started Miami looked like the easy favorites, but now they seem beatable. How close do you think the VHLM playoff race will be?

3. This one has been going around twitter lately. Pick 2 to defend you from the rest: 50 hawks, 10 crocodiles, 10,000 rats, 3 grizzly bears, 7 bulls, 1 human hunter, 15 wolves, 5 gorillas, or 4 lions. Explain your 2 picks.

4. Does anyone ever want to play CS:GO or Valorant with me? It's lonely solo queuing :( 

5. Would you rather take more money and play for a worse team, or less money and play for a team that has a shot at the cup?

6. What is your favorite part of being on LVA? 

1. Consistency, hard work, and of course the season special, "social distance", with that advantage rivals can't legally come within 6 feet, easy points when you have so much room!

2. If Miami faces Minny, they are gone. Who can beat Minny? I'm not sure yet.

3. 50 hawks and 3 grizzly bears; hawks have the advantage of flight and those bears are dang scary, especially if they are protecting their pup (me). 

4. Sure when I have time

5. I would take less money and play for my hometown team, after winning the cup then I'll look for big bucks

6. Friendly community, growing with the fam

1. Everyone is grinding as a team

2. the playoff race is going to be really close all it takes is one team to get hot

3. 50 hawks and 3 Grizzly bears, hawks have the advantage of being able to attack from the sky, and bears are scarier then normal when protecting their cub

4. Ive never played either one before 

5. less money to play for my hometown team, because who wouldn’t love playing for the team you grew up watching 

6. the fun community in the LR, and grinding with a great teammates beside me 

5 hours ago, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1. All of you have been doing great earning TPE and producing for the team, what's magic ingredient here?

I've actually been the slacker. Summer holidays interfering. Glad to see the rest of the team keeping it up.

2. When the season started Miami looked like the easy favorites, but now they seem beatable. How close do you think the VHLM playoff race will be?

There's generally a few favorites with a tight battle for the last few spots, I expect that again this year.

3. This one has been going around twitter lately. Pick 2 to defend you from the rest: 50 hawks, 10 crocodiles, 10,000 rats, 3 grizzly bears, 7 bulls, 1 human hunter, 15 wolves, 5 gorillas, or 4 lions. Explain your 2 picks.

I'd take the human and the grizzlies. I think I'm a bit vulnerable to the 10,000 rats, but frankly everything here is. Humans are the apex predator of earth, and grizzlies are tough as nails.

4. Does anyone ever want to play CS:GO or Valorant with me? It's lonely solo queuing :( 

Don't play those, sorry!

5. Would you rather take more money and play for a worse team, or less money and play for a team that has a shot at the cup?

At this point in my career the cup.

We have a great team dynamic in the lockerroom and have for a few season.

Knowing what's going on, the staff in Las Vegas has been very kind and works with players daily. That's the special ingredient for sure

Pretty close, Miami wont be easy to beat though and we gotta continue earning as much TPE as we can

10,000 rats because they will mate and multiply which will give me more troops and 5 gorillas because they are probably the easiest to train and can climb trees 

Nope, heard of CS:GO but have no clue what Valorant is about, the only game I've been playing recently is vhlforum.com 

Winning is everything, not that many options in the player store anyway

The city is probably the coolest part, there's lights everywhere, hookers on every corner and tourists from all over make for a great experience 

Edited by Z16

9 hours ago, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1. We got a good team chemistry and it carries over to our earning. Also that dipshit called fonzi and Spartan knew me from other leagues so they knew what I was about.

2. It will be very close. I think we can put up a good fight against everyone and so do most of the playoff teams

3. Give me 10,000 rats, who the fuck could kill them all before they get swarmed. On top of that, the 5 gorillas. Who wants to mess with a Silverback? Noone wants that, not even a bear.

4. Havent played both in months, beside the differing region.

5. Less money for a cup, though I am more about a chill squad than money or winning.

6. Getting to call @fonziGG dipshit as many times as I want to.

10 hours ago, twists said:

1. We have a really good coaching staff that keeps us all updated on how when to earn, and help us with our goals. They've been really helpful for me, at least. 

2. It definitely will be a lot closer than a lot assumed. Just taking a glance at how close the standings are near the top, it's clear anyone could make a run for the title this year. 

3. 5 Gorillas and 10,000 Rats. Rats are fuckin disgusting too, but there's no way anyone is stopping that many of them if they're also worried about 5 silverbacks. 

4. If my PC didn't die long ago, I would bb.

5. Less money, championship. For sure. Money comes and goes, that title goes down in history forever. 

6. I really love the LR. Everyone is constantly joking around and having a great time. I like all my teammates and my coaches as well, we have a solid group together right now. 

8/3 - 8/9

Its secret, so I cant tell you.

Not close, we better be winning.

50 hawks and 10 crocodiles, cause those were the first two options.

No, wtf is that.

Less money, cause that gives more flexibilty for GMs in their salary cap.

Nothing, Im just here so i dont get fined ?

12 hours ago, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1) I think it’s all the hard work and some luck. 
2) I think all the top teams are all pretty even. Except some have a lot more goals for. 
3) I pick 4 Lions and 3 Grizzly Bears. I think those are ferocious and could use their size as an advantage. 
4) What are those video games? 

5) I would take less money playing for a cup contender. 
6) I love scoring goals and helping us win games. 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:47 AM, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1 i'm the magic

2 we will see

3 just me, i'm very very strong

4 i  don't have those games, sorry mate

5 hello i like money cit. mister crab

6 looking at a fake tour eiffel

Edited by Matt thunder

On 8/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, twists said:

8/3 - 8/9

1. Magic Ingredient is the management team and the great work they've done so far this season.

2. I think it'll get very very close once playoffs come around/.

3. Gorillas and rats. Volume baby.

4. I don't even know what Valorant is.

5. Less money baby.

6. Honestly, the LR. Everyone was is such a hoot.

8/10 - 8/16

1. This week is theme week, what do you think of the theme chosen?

Its pretty cool, unfortunately does not affect me, since I am in my first season, and I dont know if I will recreate.

2. A lot of you are rookies right now, but have any other cool build ideas ever came into your mind? 

All my players have been fwds, so I want to try a defenseman. I would switch positions, but we only have two centers including me.

3. If both @Spartan and I had to recreate and sign with Vegas right now, what position do you think we should play?

Not Center, since I am there.

4. Which is the superior food: Nachos or Burritos?

Burritos for sure.

5. If you went camping with the team and had to venture into the woods, who would you bring with you to protect you from bears?

Twists, so he can scare the bears.

6. What team is your favorite NHL team, or if you don't have one who would you like to support in the playoffs this year

Sharks gonna win the playoffs(idk if they are in it, dont hurt me)

1. I like it it gives me ideas for the eventual recreate 

2. was thinking maybe an offensive D man or more of a playmaker forward 

3. I could see spartan being forward as for twist shut down D man

4. potentially unpopular opinion Nachos 

5. Twist would need to be with us because he would have best chance to scare the bears

6. Bruins 

1 hour ago, twists said:

8/10 - 8/16

2. A lot of you are rookies right now, but have any other cool build ideas ever came into your mind? 

3. If both @Spartan and I had to recreate and sign with Vegas right now, what position do you think we should play?

5. If you went camping with the team and had to venture into the woods, who would you bring with you to protect you from bears?

6. What team is your favorite NHL team, or if you don't have one who would you like to support in the playoffs this year?

1) It’s a pretty good idea. 
2) Not really I like my build at the moment. 
3) Defense would good choices. 
4) Nachos rule. 
5)A trusty gun of some sort. 
6) I like Washington and St. Louis. 

5 hours ago, twists said:

8/10 - 8/16

3. If both @Spartan and I had to recreate and sign with Vegas right now, what position do you think we should play?

6. What team is your favorite NHL team, or if you don't have one who would you like to support in the playoffs this year?

1. Decent idea actually. Well thought out.

2. 99 Scoring and nothing else. What would happen? Just be a tap in merchant I suppose.

3. Defenders I'd suppose? Even then, I don't think we got room for you two hosers.

4. Nachos baby.

5. Probably you, Twists.

6. I'm a Canucks fan. Time to throw a pie on Binningtons face.

This week is theme week, what do you think of the theme chosen?

Saw the thread in the activity feed but busy right now so I'm going to wait until the end of the week

A lot of you are rookies right now, but have any other cool build ideas ever came into your mind? 

Wish STHS had more options and some of the attributes did more because a lot of builds are the same, anything different I guess, I had a passing wing.. Can do the opposite, reverse my defense build, play as a grinder at center or be a goalie, probably end up playing in net next time. I'm more interested in team chemistry, that's where we'll see differences

3. If both @Spartan and I had to recreate and sign with Vegas right now, what position do you think we should play?

Defender and goaltender.. Easy

Bean burritos all day, nachos are good but don't come close to being half as good

Wachiure is bigger than big foot and if I bring Sandstrom and Waters too... The bears will be running from us

I`m a Senators fan, yay. Second favorite team is Vancouver

Edited by Z16

On 8/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, twists said:

8/10 - 8/16

Cool idea, but tricky for those of us just starting a player.

I'd probably play a big hulking defenseman.

Paradoxically both 4th line centers.

Both are a superior food, but Nachos take the higher spot.

I'd bring Roseann Petal @Psanchez55, small enough that I could just knock 'em over and run.

Sabres! But we didn't make it, even though we had a game in hand...

On 8/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, twists said:

8/10 - 8/16

1. SInce I am only semi-active here and just started the first player, I got no clue what to write about a recreate

2. Again, not much knowledge on hockey or the sim engine, so I do not really know what to say

3. Whatever you guys want to play honestly. Just have fun with your own players, thats what sim league are about

4. Burritos are filling up way better

5. I would bring @fonziGG . Either he protects me or I can run away while he gets chewed up

6. Oilers, but thats because they got the only german player I know on the team

On 8/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, twists said:

1. It's a fun idea! It's hard for me to think of recreates as a new player, I feel like there is still a lot to learn about the sim engine before I know what's what. 

2. Since my current build is more skilled and a scorer, I would gravitate towards a defenseman. Just a massive max weight bowling ball. 

3. I mean... we're doing fine without you... so........ lmao jk make a RW and C so we can be a line together ❤ 

4. Oh no... I love both of those. I think I would have to go burrito. Breakfast burritos tip the scale.  

5. I would bring Twistyboi and make sure he goes first.

6. The Colorado Avs. Playing insane and have been hella fun to watch. 

On 8/10/2020 at 8:42 AM, twists said:

8/10 - 8/16

I don't quite understand recreates yet

Well my thoughts was to be the stud two way center focused on winning that faceoff, so high def, fo, chk

I don't even know what position you play now, but I don't mind taking two veterans on my wings

Nachitos

I'll bring whoever is slowest, oh wait is that me?

Vancouver Canucks, I have the broom out already for the blues