Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 9/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

zSH08aB.png.326c3e60bfcb6d6d8d6ab23947347b63.png

:veg: Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

9/28 - 4/10

Answer these questions for 2 Capped TPE

1) Is there anything you're looking to improve so far into the season?

2) Who do you think is a fan favourite on the team? What makes you think that?

3) What do you think is the biggest flaw in this team? Is there an immediate need to fix it?

4) Any superstitions you believe in? Does that affect any sort of pre-game ritual??

5) What do you think of the VHL as a sim league in general?

6) So pineapple on pizza. A good thing or bad thing? (I personally think it's a big no no)

1. Absolutely my scoring

2. Probably Gary Rush, the man is an absolute beast when he steps on the ice. Also probably my boy drew, he never lets the puck in the net on weak shots. 

3. our draft situation for next year, honestly it kind of scares me to move up to the VHL when we dont have a good draft situation rn.

4. I'm not a superstitious person, just stay away from spicy foods before the game.

5. The VHL is the absolute BEST sim league. Next question

6. Awful, people who eat pineapples on their pizza should be ostracized by the community. Here's the thing, Hawaiian pizza was made by a canadian man, making the pizza an imperialist food that steals the culture of both Italy and Hawaii. 

On 9/28/2020 at 3:47 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

9/28 - 4/10

3) What do you think is the biggest flaw in this team? Is there an immediate need to fix it?

4) Any superstitions you believe in? Does that affect any sort of pre-game ritual??

6) So pineapple on pizza. A good thing or bad thing? (I personally think it's a big no no)

1. I think my point production could do with being a bit higher, despite only playing bottom minutes, anything to help the team.

2. For me, got to be Nick Sunderburch. That man is an absolute puck wizard, he can shoot, he can pass and he can most certainly dangle. Every time he steps out on the ice, the fans get a show put on for them.

3. I don't see any glaring flaws on our team. We work hard and play hard every shift, our roster is littered with talent and our depth just keeps getting better and we look like a cup contender.

4. Being a proud Scotsman, I just like to have the national anthem playing before I leave the locker room, gets me fired up for the game. Also love a tunnocks teacake before the game, nothing fixes any pre game issue like a teacake

5. I think its amazing what the sim can do. This league is fantastic and the amount of detail that the sim can provide to make it all possible is brilliant.

6. Absolutely criminal. Nope. Many things belong on a pizza... pineapple is not one of them.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

9/28 - 4/10

1. Scoring, but I'm already maxed out until the big leagues

2. Gary Rush and his 4 hat tricks sure to bring fans in

3. The lack of puck luck

4. sticks breaking, must be why i'm not scoring

5. nice community

6. yay I like Hawaiian 

zSH08aB.png.4c1128ba87bbce04171cd1951ed9cf68.png

5/10 - 11/10

1) Our production has slowed as of late. We're winning one game and then losing the next. What do you think needs to change?

2) What do you hope to achieve when you finally make it to the VHL? For those who have already been drafted by a VHL team so far, do you think that you will achieve it with your current team?

3) What makes the Las Vegas Aces great as a team? The chemistry? The player's skill?

4) Which VHLM team would you consider a dark horse candidate for the Cup?

5) Tea or Coffee? Which do you prefer?

6) What other awards are you aiming for apart from the Cup?

1) Our production has slowed as of late. We're winning one game and then losing the next. What do you think needs to change?

A: I think that we just need to keep playing our game. Every team has a rough streak during a season, we just need to get out of the funk and get back on track.

2) What do you hope to achieve when you finally make it to the VHL? For those who have already been drafted by a VHL team so far, do you think that you will achieve it with your current team?

A: I hope that I can be a valuable piece to a team, in my case LA, and win a championship. Though in all honesty, they already have Doug Dimmadome, so at best I'll be a backup for a while.

3) What makes the Las Vegas Aces great as a team? The chemistry? The player's skill?

A: Definitely the chemistry. From what I can see from my side of the ice and the video, the guys seem to have some sort of telepathic link where they always know where the others are on the ice. It's creepy.

A: Houston. I was one of the Big Three in S72 there with Jiggs and Patty Laine, if they can get a similar group of guys to recreate with them they have a good chance.

A: I'm disgusted by this question. I grew up in Mississippi. Sweet Tea forever.

A: No other awards. At the end of the day, only one matters.

1 hour ago, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1. Just keep playing our game we will get back to how we were

2. hope I can make an impact on my team, in my case Warsaw that’s already a team with a lot of skill

3. The chemistry 100 percent it’s like the forwards just now where to go with the puck and everyone works at keeping it out of the net

4. Ottawa or Yukon can’t decide between them

5. Tea easy

6. I’m not aiming for anything besides the cup if I get awards then so be it

2 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1- In sure we will be fine Rush is on Fire so you can count on him. 
2- I just want to score frequently. 
3- Definitely the chemistry is great. 
4- I feel like we are the dark horse. 
5-I prefer coffee. 
6- I am not sure what awards are out there. But any other trophies are good too. 

5/10 - 11/10

1. Give me more ice time, of course. No I'm joking, I think we just need a bit more development from our depth players.

2. I'm going to be the best player the VHL has ever seen, no doubt there.

3. The locker room, and the friendships we make there.

4. Philly seems better than the standings give them credit for.

5. Tea absolutely, I don't like coffee that much.

6. I'm not too certain, I dont think I have a shot for any of the big ones.

5/10 - 11/10

1. I don't think our scoring is the problem (despite it having slowed), I think we need to tighten our d-zone game and then things should start picking up again.

2. I wanna win a cup obviously, not only for me but I wanna do right by the team that chooses to draft me.

3. All of the above. We have great skill in depth up and down the roster and everyone gets along. When you have both of those things, there's nothing that the team can't do.

4. I'd probably say Yukon. They are a good team with some nice talent and they are keeping up with the top teams.

5. I'm a coffee guy. Milk and 2 sugars please.

6. I don't worry about the individual awards to be honest. I just play my game and help the team the best I can. If I get an additional award for doing so then great.

4 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1 i'm sad about that but we need to upgrade the defense

2 i think that riga is a great team, i will have a great time there

3 both, we really are a wonderfull team

4 halifax 

5 tea

6 i don't really know what awards are there, but i'm hoping to win at least one.

1. I'm clearly not doing enough defensively and I need to step it up
2. I want to win as many cups as I can and be a Hall of Famer

3. The offense is definitely the strongest part of the Aces

4. I haven't been paying too much attention to other teams

5. I don't drink either. All I drink is water

6. Anything I can possibly get

On 10/5/2020 at 10:29 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1. I think we need a high-scoring 2nd line forward. Our D is perfect, Minott is a rock, so that leaves the forwards so the issue

2. I guess a championship? Maybe defenceman of the year?

3. The depth would be my answer. We have a capable player at every position

4. The Hounds. If they can stop getting overshadowed by Halifax, I think they can pack a punch

5. Neither. Orange juice is my way

6. Rookie of the year is the most realistic, even if it’s not realistic at all for a ten point player to win it

On 10/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1. I need to start hitting the net and scoring.

2. I will be joining current VHLM MVP so hopefully we can make something special in NY

3. We have great depth behind a super line

4. Are we still considered a dark horse?

5. Tea, don't drink coffee

6. League assist man, I'm close to the top, 2 off from 1st place

On 10/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

5/10 - 11/10

1) Our production has slowed as of late. We're winning one game and then losing the next. What do you think needs to change? Nothing really in my opinion, just the ebbs and flows of the season.  We have a very talented team.

2) What do you hope to achieve when you finally make it to the VHL? For those who have already been drafted by a VHL team so far, do you think that you will achieve it with your current team? I would love to have a solid mix of production.  Would rather give up some potential scoring/point production to succeed defensively.

3) What makes the Las Vegas Aces great as a team? The chemistry? The player's skill? Great management, good energy from the players.  No one gets down on either other when things go wrong.

4) Which VHLM team would you consider a dark horse candidate for the Cup? Vegas! (not really but you know)

5) Tea or Coffee? Which do you prefer? Coffee but I need a lot of caffeine these days

6) What other awards are you aiming for apart from the Cup? I don't think I will be getting any awards this season

zSH08aB.png.9f2feafaddf5571e638a5ff73d024e5f.png

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

10/12 - 10/18

1) If you take a look at the portal, Las Vegas Aces player names pop up all over the place in terms of offensive stats. What does that say about our team?

2) With the large influx of new players coming, and teams getting more and more filled up, how do you think this will effect the playoffs or standings?

3) Since you've all got to familiarize yourselves with each other, who's your best locker room buddy now? Any sort of pregame handshakes or any of the sort do you guys do?

4) Do you think we'll do/should do anything this trade deadline (which is today)?

5) What are doing for Thanksgiving?

6) World Juniors are on the horizon! Which team are you playing for, and if you are not playing, who are you cheering for?

20 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1) If you take a look at the portal, Las Vegas Aces player names pop up all over the place in terms of offensive stats. What does that say about our team?

2) With the large influx of new players coming, and teams getting more and more filled up, how do you think this will effect the playoffs or standings?

3) Since you've all got to familiarize yourselves with each other, who's your best locker room buddy now? Any sort of pregame handshakes or any of the sort do you guys do?

4) Do you think we'll do/should do anything this trade deadline (which is today)?

6) World Juniors are on the horizon! Which team are you playing for, and if you are not playing, who are you cheering for?

1) We have a very talented team and I think we are a big threat this year!

2)Depth is always good to have on teams, I think having some new teammates here will be good come playoffs

3)Oh you gotta have a pre-game ritual with all the boys

4) I think maybe pick up a last piece to add to our top 6 on defense. That would really push us into the playoffs

5) Working out so I can eat an entire turkey and pumpkin pie later

6)I totally forgot about world juniors, I’ll have to get back to you on that one.

25 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1. It says that when we step onto the ice we always put on show, that's the Vegas spirit baby

2. I definitely think that there could be a few teams have a strong finished to the season and a few dark horse could appear. It's going to get interesting

3. I can't pick any single guy from our locker room, they are all amazing and it would be unfair to single out an individual.

4. I'm very confident in our squad, I don't think we need to make any moves.

5. Being Scottish, I don't celebrate thanksgiving but I might go get some beer and some fireworks so I can celebrate with the team.

6. I'm a team USA guy, we have quite a few reps on that team this year so I'm rooting for them to bring it home.

38 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1. Just shows how well the entire team works together 

2. it can move the standings, especially with a lot of teams on the bubble 

3. Got to have some kinda handshake or something with everyone

4. not trade base but get the last defenseman to solidify the d core

5. Thanksgiving is the 3 F’s Food, Family and Football 

6. USA ?? 

3 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

It shows the kind of culture and philosophy is held here in Vegas. Everyone can score, and the coaches drill it into the very culture of the team.

One or two teams with the right players, maybe striking gold, can change the entire league in a moment.  You never know how it'll shake out until the new players really show who they are.

3 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

I just got off the plane like...2 hours ago? Some people don't even know I've been traded yet, so no. I don't really know anyone.

WELL....I am here now?

Hopefully sleeping.  Planes are awful.

Pardon my French, but what the fuck is World Juniors? I'm just here so I don't get fined!

Ohhh shit... Look out! It's the Aces rolling through on 21s, going for that Chip, puck spinning around than landed in the net, jackpot

Wouldn't be scoring so much if the players didn't build the way they did and the coaches didn't make the adjustments they had, exactly the type of team I wanted to be part of, I'm blessed. All I can say is, KEEP SCORING, SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

2) With the large influx of new players coming, and teams getting more and more filled up, how do you think this will effect the playoffs or standings?

Sure some of the guys are going to earn more than others so those are the players who will change the atmosphere as a whole, less goals, more goals, better goaltending.. ETC

I talk to all the guys and everybody seems to mesh with each other, sucks to see Petal go though, played over 100 games with him on the blueline.

If the team thinks they can get a steal of a deal, go for it.. Even if it means I get sent to a bottom feeding team

The usual. Nothing special going on for me except for jarring mariquana 

6) World Juniors are on the horizon! Which team are you playing for, and if you are not playing, who are you cheering for?

Europe picked me up and I'm relieved because I was left out last year, obviously I can make a bigger difference now, maybe it was a good thing. The gold is ours! GO EUROPE!!!

Edited by ZP16

5 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1) Yeah we a crap load of goals this year. 
2) Were still going to win. 
3) I try to try a long with everyone on the team. We all goof together. 
4) No, but I will support your decision whatever it may be. 
5) I will eat a bunch of turkey. Lol

6) I’m playing for USA and we have a great team on paper. 

7 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1) I think we have a great team and people should be afraid of having to play us in the playoffs. I’m confident in our squad and I’m excited to see us (hopefully) lift the cup this season.

2) I think it will make the parity better in the league and teams will get closer together in terms of skill. This will cause teams with better depth to be the most impactful/be the league’s best team

3) I kinda don’t have a particular one but I just like talking hockey with people from time to time in the Vegas chat. It’s fun and helps me get to know people better 

4) no our team is good so let’s not change anything unless it’s swapping out an inactive for an active 

5). I’ll be watching the lions game and hanging out  with family. As per tradition, it should be fun thats the best day of regular season football

6). I didn’t make the team Europe roster sadly. But I’ll definitely be cheering for them to win it all this year

7 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1. We're the best, hands down. No team can compare to us thats why we're all over the portal.

2. I think it'll have minimal impact, free agents at this time of the year typically don't make a huge impact on their teams from my observation at least.

3. I think @Crstats23is my go to guy in the locker room, I'm always kinda chasing after him for the first line.

4. We could use a new defensmen for the bottom pair I think

5. I don't celebrate genocide

6. I'm on USA and I also happen to tbe the GM, Jiggly bud, have fun getting bronze or silver because gold is belongs to USA.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

10/12 - 10/18

1 we are the best no?

2 the cup we hope

3 man i have to go whit my line mate kankkunen, he is a nice guy and also funny, so i like him

4 nah, we are fine right now

5 i don't really know, can i join some one?

6 Europe, my blood is from there.