Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

1. Are you excited for the WJC? Yes. Nothing beats the world juniors. 
  2. Who are you rooting for and why? Canada of course. 
  3. Who do you think will win? If it weren’t Canada, I’d go with the States. They have a strong team over there that could give Canada a run for their money.
  4. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words? Usually just mouth the words. Depends on the atmosphere I guess. 
  5. What team would you like to GM in the WJC? Canada. 
  6. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? Never. Don’t really understand that or burning jerseys. Makes no sense to me.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, Bonzaijoe said:
  • Are you excited for the WJC?
  • Who are you rooting for and why?
  • Who do you think will win?
  • Who do you think Claims MVP?
  • Who Makes the All-star team?
  • Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  • What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  • one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  • Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  • You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  • Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  • What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?  

1. I am soo excited for WJC. TEAM USA ALL THE WAY

3. I think Team USA will win. We are clearly the best.

4. Kyson blake is going to score so many goals that they will have no choice but to give him the award

7. This season I got a chance to fulfill my dream to lead team USA to the WJC.

8. Well, I am from America, so there is only one option. I would love to have Triple H on my team.

9. Some jackass just hit one of my teammates and wouldn't accept the fight. So instead I shoved him into the boards.

12. I love working on my VSN podcast.

1.Are you excited for the WJC?

Absolutely! It's gonna be a great time and I'm unbelievably excited to represent the US of A on the ice!

2. Who are you rooting for and why?

USA! USA! USA! (No bias though)

6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

You don't wanna hear my singing, it's horrendous. I bow my head and focus while I mouth the words and get myself ready. I love hearing it though, every time.

9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

Absolutely not, honestly. It's disrespectful to the country and I would never want anyone to burn the US flag, so I'll keep my flames away from other flags.

10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

Sometimes I like to play around a little too much with the attackers that like to sit in my crease. My unsportsmanlike probably will come from a fight if they start to be an asshole to me. I'm sure I'll get one soon enough though haha

12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

Press conferences are great! The questions are fun, the answers are easy, and you don't have to come up with a topic like you do with media spots and VHL.com articles!

Here's your press conference questions for this week!

1. Do you feel like other teams play you extra tough because the Aces are defending champions?

2. Who do you feel most comfortable playing against on the ice??

3. What city is your favorite to play an away game at?

4. Who, other than the Aces of course, has the best fans in the VHL or VHLM?

5. While sitting relatively in the middle of the standings, are you comfortable with how the team is playing or are you concerned about possibly missing playoffs?

6. Do you think you're playing better than you were earlier this season? If not, how to you get yourself back to your early season form? If yes, how are you continuing to better yourself?

@Lightningyamasha @MexicanCow @mxld17 @Ty343 @GRZ @uphillmoss

@jacobaa19 @SwagSloth @Bushito @speck1447 @Thomas Vancheck

@Connor mcdavid @Antone10 @DMaximus @Benson @Tophdaddy

@Puffalump @MattyG @Barracuda @Sunburst @Bandit @Dingle

1. Do you feel like other teams play you extra tough because the Aces are defending champions?

I've only played a couple of games here for the Aces so far, but it does seem like other teams are especially to determined to do well against us. 

2. Who do you feel most comfortable playing against on the ice?

Haven't played them yet since the trade but I think I'll be comfortable against Philadelphia. They are rebuilding so it should be a chance for some wins, and it will be fun to play against my former teammates. 

Well it was always fun to play away games here in Vegas but now that I live here I think it will be pretty fun to get to play in Philly again. 

I've noticed while playing in Halifax that they always have a packed arena. They are a strong team and the fans are a big part of that.

5. While sitting relatively in the middle of the standings, are you comfortable with how the team is playing or are you concerned about possibly missing playoffs?

I think we're playing well enough right now. For me, I'll continue to feel more comfortable the longer I'm here. I think we have the talent to make a run.

6. Do you think you're playing better than you were earlier in the season? If not, how do you get yourself back to your early season form? If yes, how are you continuing to better yourself?

I think I've slowly been making improvements throughout the course of the season. It's been tricky with the two trades, but as I settle in and get more comfortable with my role I think I will continue to get better. 

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to answer this week’s press conference questions

Most definitely! Anytime you’re the champion every opponent wants to prove their worth against you. That’s one of the reasons it’s so difficult to repeat as champions. Every game the season after you win is played at the level of a championship game, because each opponent plays their hardest against you.

I’m not afraid of anyone or any team. My comfort is independent of our opponent. My comfort is based on how I’m feeling, how I’m playing, not what our opponent is doing.

I enjoy going back to Philly since I spent some time there. I also enjoy traveling overseas. I was never able to travel outside of America until I joined the VHLM, it’s fun to go see other countries.

I know the Reaper fans are new, so they might not be the most established fan base yet. But their fans are super passionate, they have crazy pre-game activities and the fans go wild! Halifax’s fans of course are going crazy now, because their team is on top of the standings.

I’m not concerned about missing the playoffs, it would be a disaster if we didn’t make it in. I am a little concerned about our performance in some recent games. With all the talent we have, it seems like we should be dominating teams out there. I think Jubo did a good job to get us an in-form goalie right at the trade deadline. That should really help us to not only make the playoffs, but to also succeed at them.

6. Do you think you're playing better than you were earlier this season? If not, how to you get yourself back to your early season form? If yes, how are you continuing to better yourself?

I feel like I’ve improved leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year. It took me a while to get used to the speed of the game in the VHLM, but now I feel very comfortable playing D in the VHLM. I’m reading the game very well and feel great!

For sure. Every team plays better when they know that we are good and every team wants to prove that they are better and that they can take us down. 

2. Who do you feel most comfortable playing against on the ice?

Probably Saskatoon because they're a great team and I always know that they are going to put on a show.    

3. What city is your favourite to play an away game at?

I think it would have to be Philly. I love travelling there. Can't go wrong with a medium rare steak. 

4. Who, other than the Aces, of course, has the best fans in the VHL or VHLM?

The Malmo NightHawks. There I new team so there fans are desperate to see them succeed and when they do succeed the fans go crazy. Also, they're super supportive of everyone and support each other. They're like a family.

I think we can make the playoffs but to be honest I am concerned about how far we will go. Most of the team has been playing decently as we are sitting about 500 lately. But I have been playing like absolute garbage. We are a team who has talent but sometimes it just seems like we can't get it done. Jubo has been an amazing coach. He has traded for players that can help us. So, I am excited but scared for the future in the playoffs.

Like I said in the question before I have not been performing well. I feel part of it is just a mental stage. I need to stop being so negative. It's just hard when you're not putting up points. I think I just need to stay positive and keep grinding TPE to get better. 

Team want to knock off the defending champions, no one wants someone to repeat and have that in thier back pocket. Team is obviosuly quite different than the championship team a year ago, but yes they want to always take down a previous strong team. 

Well not having any games under my belt this season, I would just have to say I canèt wait to play Ottawa and Saskatoon. Ottawa because my father Connor played there and Saskatoon because Saskatoon has close ties to my family with my grandfather playing his junior career in Saskatchewan.

Well as stated in the last question, I can not wait to play in Ottawa and Saskatoon. With my fathers VHL HOF career getting started in Ottawa I am excited to be half the player he is and see and hear stories about him from those in the Lynx organization. 

On 4/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, Bonzaijoe said:

Of course everyone always wants to beat the defending champs no matter who they are

My most comfortable team to play against is Philidalphea  I know a few people on that team and its always a pleasure to play them

Once again philly is my favorite i enjoy road trips especially long ones

Houston has a great fan base the vibe in that arena is always a good one

Im very comfortable with or chances I know my team when in desperate situations can come up clutch and thats what we plan on

6. Do you think you're playing better than you were earlier this season? If not, how to you get yourself back to your early season form? If yes, how are you continuing to better yourself? I really do think i have progressed gradually as a player throughout the entire season

On 4/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, Bonzaijoe said:

Here's your press conference questions for this week!

1) I think this plays more into us, we hold ourselves to that standard and have to prove everyone that we can win again.
2) Any team, doesn't matter to me.
3) Philadelphia, definitely. As a former reaper, I always get welcomed there, the people understand that tough decisions have to be made, and the atmosphere is just amazing out there.
4) Philly has one of the top ones, for sure.
5) I feel like we slumped a bit during the mid-season, but now we're coming into form just in time for playoffs.
6) Much better, my individual stats have skyrocketed and it's just that I've gotten comfortable playing as an Ace, the transfer period did it's thing in the beginning, now I'm playing like I know I can.

Press conference question for week ending April 8th

1) Having made the playoffs in the 5th position, are you pleased with Vegas' performance this season?

2) Our first round opponent will be the Yukon Rush (best of 3 series), what are your expectations?

6) Aside from Vegas, who has your attention in the playoffs?

3) What are you most looking to improve on this off-season?

4) Based on your pre-season outlook are you pleased with your season?

5) What are you most looking forward to in season 66?

Edited by Jubo07

1) Having made the playoffs in the 5th position, are you pleased with Vegas' performance this season?

To be honest no I am not happy with our performance. I was hoping we would play a lot better but some players stopped updating there playing and so it was tuff to get better without a full team.

2) Our first round opponent will be the Yukon Rush (best of 3 series), what are your expectations?

I think if we work hard enough we can get it done. If everyone does there updates and is here to play I think we can make it far in the playoffs.

6) Aside from Vegas, who has your attention in the playoffs?

I think Housten if going to play well. There a new team but they're a really good team. This was their first season so I was not expecting much from them, but they came out and performed. 

I want to improve my overall player. I want to work on my defensive side and my offensive side. I also think I need to work on my strength. Right now I am not in the best shape so I want to improve on that. 

overall I am in the middle. The beginning of the season was fantastic I was promoted on the second line and was performing. But about midseason players started to really work hard on improving there player, so I started to get pushed around more. I still felt I was getting decent minutes but the points stopped coming.

I am looking forward to playing another season in the VHLM with Las Vegas and being a top line performer. I'm going to work really hard in the summer so I can be ready for another big season with Vegas.  

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to answer this week’s questions.

I’m really excited to make the playoffs. But I think making the playoffs is only the beginning of the journey. Our real challenge starts now. I’ll let you know how pleased I am once the playoffs are over.

Yukon has a good squad. We’ve had some good games with them this season. Of course I expect us to win, but if we don’t play our best Yukon is talented enough to beat us.

3) Aside from Vegas, who has your attention in the playoffs?

Minnesota has a really good team and ended the season on fire. Of course Halifax is right up there as well. I think it would be great if we met Halifax in the finals again this year.

I still want to focus on improving my defense. I’ve worked on it a lot, but I think there’s some more room for improvement as I make the jump to the VHL.

I’m extremely pleased. This is the first time I’ve been in a professional hockey league like this. Coming in, I had no idea what to expect. I think I’ve done very well so far.

I’m extremely excited for the upcoming VHL draft. I hope I’m able to make a VHL team and play in the big leagues in S66.

I've only been here for a short time but I'm fairly pleased with how we've played since I've been here. Making the playoffs is certainly something to be proud of.

I expect us to sweep the series, but I think we'll definitely at least win even if it takes three games.

3) Aside from Vegas, who has your attention in the playoffs?

Minnesota, they are stacked and are a very tough team to beat.

4) What are you most looking to improve on this off-season?

Everything. I need to keep getting better all-around. 

5) Based on your pre-season outlook are you pleased with your season?

I came into the league late and honestly expected to be a backup all season, so I'm pleased with how many starts I was able to make and am proud of the wins I've gotten since being traded here to Vegas.

6) What are you most looking forward to in season 66?

Stability. I have played on three different teams this season and it has made settling into the league a bit difficult. I'm excited to get drafted and hopefully be the go-to starter for someone all season.

After only playing in twelve games in the season with the Aces, I am pleased we were able to squeeze into the playoffs, but the key word is squeeze. I understand from many in the locker-room that they lost a lot of talent after last years championship, but I don’t think any professional player would be disappointed if you just get into the playoffs.

2) Our first round opponent will be the Yukon Rush (best of 3 series), what are your expectations?

We’ll my expectations was to win at least one game on thier home ice and give our fans a do or die game three. Unfortunately as we are well aware of now that didn’t happen and our defensive core including myself didn’t help out our cause with the high shot total.

3) Aside from Vegas, who has your attention in the playoffs?

My attention has been the expansion teams in the VHLM. The reason for paying attention to them is the fact I hope they do well and draw more fans to the VHLM in those cities so they can sustain a hockey team for the long haul.

4) What are you most looking to improve on this off-season?\

I’m looking to improve my skating ability during the off-season. I need to really adjust to the speed when you enter the professional ranks, and I believe I have a lot of work ahead of me to get to an elite level, especially in taking longer strides to allow myself to keep pace with the best players in the league. 

5) Based on your pre-season outlook are you pleased with your season?

I mean I only saw action in twelve games, but I was happy I was able to contribute and help the team pick up the sixth seed and make the playoffs.

6) What are you most looking forward to in season 66?

I am looking forward to finding a new home in the draft and proving myself against the best players in the league today. I hope I can turn into a powerplay quaterback and elevate my draft ranking throughout the season.

Here's some questions for the week!

1. Aces took 2nd in the draft lottery! This spells good for the future, but what do you think about some young talent joining the team?

2. With Jubo leaving the front office, what are some parting words you'd like to say to him?

3. Welcome OilManDan back to the team as the new GM! What do you think he'll do to better the team in the future?

4. Of all the new expansion teams, which is your favorite?

5. Who are you rooting for in the VHL and VHLM playoffs?

6. As we enter the offseason, how are you keeping yourself in VHL shape?

1. Aces took 2nd in the draft lottery! This spells good for the future, but what do you think about some young talent joining the team?

We actually don't have a first round pick since we traded it xD But getting that young talent is going to be great for our team. I'm super excited to help them grow into bigger and stronger players! 

2. With Jubo leaving the front office, what are some parting words you'd like to say to him?

I want to say thank you so much Jobo. This was my first year and you got me through it. You have been the best coach I have ever had. (Only coach I have ever had xD) thank you for all your hard work with the team and I wish you the best forward! I hope we can work together one day!

3. Welcome OilManDan back to the team as the new GM! What do you think he'll do to better the team in the future?

I think he'll do just as good as Jubo did when he had to start from the bottom. Our team is not going to be great so will just have to work our way back up to the top!

4. Of all the new expansion teams, which is your favourite?

Of course, my favourite is San Diego because I am the AGM. But 1 reason I love the team is our logo. It looks so cool. How can you not like the logo xD

Right now I want Minnesota to take the win! There a strong team and always was ruff towards us. I think they can easily get that cup.

I am working double as hard as I did last year. It was a tough year. I did not totally know what I was doing and came into the draft only a few days before. So, I am excited to work hard and be the top guy for Las Vegas! 

12 hours ago, Bonzaijoe said:

Young talent to any team is good and i hope we can welcome any new teammate with open arms

Id just like to thank him for everything he has done

He will provide leadership and guidance through our next seasons

I like all of them equally i dont think i could pick a favorite

I want to see both number one seeds go all the way and take the cup

Working vigorusly on improving my game each and every day

Looks like the pick was traded away or something, but I think adding some depth to this team will be just what's needed to make Vegas serious contenders. 

Thanks for giving me a shot to start and try to make a playoff push!

I think he'll keep adding pieces to what Jubo has started to build and this team will keep improving. 

I think they're all pretty cool, but I think my favorite is probably the Marlins.

Haven't followed it too closely, but probably Toronto and Minnesota.

Trying to eat healthy and keep as active as possible.

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to answer this week's questions:

1. Aces took 2nd in the draft lottery! This spells good for the future, but what do you think about some young talent joining the team?

I wish the best for the Aces. Certainly getting the 2nd pick will help the team in the long run. I think this year will be loaded with VHLM talent. The early pick will give the Aces an edge over the competition.

I appreciate that Jubo made a trade to add me to the team. It says a lot when someone seeks you out because they respect you. Behind the scenes, Jubo was a great leader. He's great at identifying talent and getting the most out of them. It will be tough to match his record here.

Time will tell how well he does. I think he'll be able to take his fresh new energy and run with it. Competition in the VHLM is going to be fierce. OilManDan will succeed if he keeps is energy up.

I'm really glad Mexico City got a team. It may not be thought of as a traditional hockey city. But there's a ton of passionate people in that beautiful city that will grow in passionate supporters of their team.

I only root for the teams that I'm on. I think Minnesota and Toronto will win.

Well you know I keep my twice a day workouts in place. One muscle group in the morning, one in the evening, with cardio sprinkled in, of course. I always hit the gym hard, the offseason is no exception.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:32 AM, jblock3 said:

Looks like the pick was traded away or something, but I think adding some depth to this team will be just what's needed to make Vegas serious contenders. 

Thanks for giving me a shot to start and try to make a playoff push!

I think he'll keep adding pieces to what Jubo has started to build and this team will keep improving. 

I think they're all pretty cool, but I think my favorite is probably the Marlins.

Haven't followed it too closely, but probably Toronto and Minnesota.

Trying to eat healthy and keep as active as possible.

Of course, your favourite is the Marlins!

On 4/17/2019 at 2:08 AM, Bonzaijoe said:

Here's some questions for the week!

1) Awesome news for the Aces, the pick is needed for them to compensate for players leaving for the VHL this season.
2) Great dude, recently heard the news that he is now the AGM of Philadelphia Reapers which is insane, Blade & Jubo. next season watch out for them.
3) We'll one thing is for sure, the 2nd pick is gonna boost whatever plans he had, wish him nothing but the best.
4) Malmo definitely, the GM sounds like he knows his stuff really well.
5) Well I was rooting for Minnesota and they did win it.
6) Gonna train as hard as I can, need to bolster up before heading into the big boy league.

Press Conference time!

1. With the VHL draft coming up very soon, what do you have to say to VHL scouts looking at your game?

2. Were you surprised with the results of the finals for the VHL or VHLM?

3. Who surprised you the most in the playoffs? (Player or team)

4. What VHL team is your favorite? Who are you hoping to get drafted by?

5. Did you pay attention to the all-star game? What was your favorite part about it?

6. Do you wish there was a VHLM all-star game? If it happens in the future, what fun events would you add to it?

1. With the VHL draft coming up very soon, what do you have to say to VHL scouts looking at your game?

PICK ME! I'm super active and a great team player. Just watch me play and you will for sure know what I am about.

2. Were you surprised with the results of the finals for the VHL or VHLM?

Not really There are all great teams and i kind of expected every one of them to put up a fight and work hard. Any of the teams could have come on top.

3. Who surprised you the most in the playoffs? (Player or team)

Was not really surprised about anything everyone performed and the results weren't surprising.

4. What VHL team is your favourite? Who are you hoping to get drafted by?

I have known Shawn super well. When i first joined i did not even know he was in this league or really any league so getting drafted to Hc Davos Dynamo would be amazing!

5. Did you pay attention to the all-star game? What was your favourite part about it?

Did not pay any attention probably should have. xD

6. Do you wish there was a VHLM all-star game? If it happens in the future, what fun events would you add to it?

I would love for there to be a VHLM one. It could even be the exact same as the VHL one and that would be great!