Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 6/18/2019 at 7:54 PM, FakeJenton said:

Ace's Press Conference Questions (June 17-23)

1. Unfortunately the Aces did not make the cut for the playoff's this season, so which team do you think is going to win it all?

2. If you could change the Ace's color scheme to anything else, what would it be?

3. As this season comes to an end, we will see a lot of players moving up to the VHL just after one season. Do you think is would be better to stay in the VHLM for an additional season or just move up to the VHL as soon as possible?

4. The NHL Finals just wrapped up last week, are you happy to see the Blues hoist the cup for the first time? Who do you think are the early favorites for next season?

5. If you could go back and start a new player right now, is there anything different you would do compared to your current player?

6. What is your dream vacation spot?

@jscott @jack @DameHoops @Abaddon @MMFLEX

1. Unfortunately the Aces did not make the cut for the playoff's this season, so which team do you think is going to win it all?

2. If you could change the Ace's color scheme to anything else, what would it be?

3. As this season comes to an end, we will see a lot of players moving up to the VHL just after one season. Do you think is would be better to stay in the VHLM for an additional season or just move up to the VHL as soon as possible?

4. The NHL Finals just wrapped up last week, are you happy to see the Blues hoist the cup for the first time? Who do you think are the early favorites for next season?

5. If you could go back and start a new player right now, is there anything different you would do compared to your current player?

1. I think Philadelphia will go the distance and take it all. They were dominant all season. It makes sense they would keep it up in the postseason.

2. I think I would choose to keep either the yellow or the green, but not both. Add some other color that would look good.

3. I think staying in the VHLM helps simply because it allows a player to build their skills before facing the best players out there.

4. I grew up in New England, so let's just say it was not the ending I had wanted. However, it was good to see the Blues, who had been at the bottom of the standings, make their way to the top. As for next year, I just don't yet. Really anything could happen with trades and signings during the offseason, so it's really tough to gauge.

5. I think I might have tried to focus on one skill at a time rather than trying to spread out my TPE throughout.

6. I think it'd be fun to be in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Not for too long though, but maybe a week.

1. I have my money on Halifax!

2. I do like the green and gold, feels like I'm rolling in dough. If I had to change I'd do purple and gold.

3. If you've got the gusto, go for gold.

4. I was most happy to see the Bruins lose, but seeing RoR hoist the cup was also special.

5. Nope! Thorny is everything I want in a player.

6. Central Europe! Hopefully going through someday soon.

Ace's Press Conference Questions (June 24-30)

1. The S66 Calder Cup Finals are finally set, the Reapers vs. the Lynx. With the playoffs nearly to an end, is there anything that has surprised you or has it gone pretty much as you expected?

2. What is your favorite NHL team?

3. Soon after playoff's comes the VHLM Draft for Season 67, for those who are entering back in to the draft, where do you think you're going to get picked? If your not getting drafted, where do you think your player sits as far as talent going in to next season?

4. The Ace's just recently had their team award's ceremony, do you think the guys who were named award winners were good choices? Also, what are some more awards you'd like to see handed out?

5. Seeing how a lot of guys on the team are relatively new to the VHL, what is your favorite part about this site so far?

6. If you were on death row and you could have anything you wanted for your last meal, what would it be?

1. Nothing surprised me about the results...

2. Vancouver Canucks

3. I don't know where I am going to get drafted, I hope it's to a decent team lol

4. Yeah, I think they were all good choices, especially MORPHEUS for MVP, honestly if we weren't as bad he might have been league MVP

5. I like the community and the concept of sim leagues in general

6. I would eat myself so I could be remembered for more than whatever I did to get on death row.

1. Surprised, maybe not, but I was pulling for Halifax!

2. Unfortunately, the Senators.

3. I think I'll be in the first round, so likely Ottawa/Philly/Minny/Yukon

4. Great choices. I'd like to see a leadership award, or something that recognizes off-ice factors.

5. I'm an old member, but I love having the VHL portal, makes improving myself much more rewarding.

6. Cheesecake.

1. I wasn't surprised with the results, but I did think that Halifax would have made it to the finals (and also kind of hoping).

2. Bruins. It only took a week to get over the disappointment.

3. I think I'll probably be a mid to late round pick.

4. I absolutely agree with all the choices for the awards. Not sure about any additional ones though. Maybe something for specific stats.

5. The easy access to help from other members is very useful to me.

6. Three slices of bacon.

Late in the week but i'll put these up anyways

1. You've just been drafted to the Aces. How do you feel?

2. How long do you plan to stay in the VHLM for?

3. Any VHL teams you want to play for when you get drafted next season?

4. What place do you think we will finish in this season?

5. Who will win the founders cup this year?

6. What kind of player build are you trying to make?

@CosmicStorm @cartoes @Jaga @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @MMFLEX @If_Tuna_Could_Fly @Lapierre @frescoelmo 

Edited by Matt_O

3 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

@CosmicStorm @cartoes @Jaga @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @MMFLEX @If_Tuna_Could_Fly @Lapierre @frescoelmo 

3 hours ago, Matt_O said:

1. Nervous, but also excited of all the possibilities 

2. At the moment forever, but that could change

3.The Aces 

4. Hopefully somewhere in the playoffs

5. Us hopefully 

6. Offensive Defenseman 

Edited by If_Tuna_Could_Fly

19 hours ago, Matt_O said:

My 2nd season with the Aces is coming up and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

We'll see. Might need to develop another season after this.

HC Davos drafted me this season. So, I'd like to play for them because they obviously see something in me, but they also have a lot of Goalies on roster.

We need to have confidence in our abilities. We'll finish first.

We will.

A puck stopping hotshot.

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference (July 8-14)

1. This question has been asked when we recently went through some front office changes, but with all the new faces around here I think its important to ask it again. With @Matt_O as the GM and me as the AGM, is there anything you'd like to see from us moving forward that would make your experience on the team better?

2. What do you think about where you were drafted recently? Do you think you should have been higher? Maybe lower?

3. With the recent rumors of a VHLM expansion in the works, which city do you think is most worthy in joining the prestigious group of hosts for VHLM teams?

4. Las Vegas is known for it's flair and we expect the same thing from our players! What is going to be your go-to goal celebration this coming season?

5. Along with getting drafted to the VHLM comes that big stack of cash, whats the first thing you buy with all your new contract money?

6. If you had the chance to go out and party with any NHL player, who would it be? 

1 I feel fine with how the team is currently playing but i would like to play a bit more.

2 Being undrafted i obviously think i I shouldve gona higher and use that as motivation.

3 I'd like one in my favorite us city louisville

4 I'm a humble guy so i dont like fancy celebrations maybe a high five with a teammate or something similar

5 Las Vegas is full of things to do around the city so id probably blow the money doing a bunch of that stuff. And buy a house of course.

6 filip forsberg, my nashville teams leading scorer last year

2 hours ago, FakeJenton said:

1. This question has been asked when we recently went through some front office changes, but with all the new faces around here I think its important to ask it again. With @Matt_O as the GM and me as the AGM, is there anything you'd like to see from us moving forward that would make your experience on the team better?

I'm easy going. I'm here to serve the team. 

2. What do you think about where you were drafted recently? Do you think you should have been higher? Maybe lower?

I'm surprised I was drafted by Davos at all.

3. With the recent rumors of a VHLM expansion in the works, which city do you think is most worthy in joining the prestigious group of hosts for VHLM teams?

Detroit. They have excellent hockey history.

4. Las Vegas is known for it's flair and we expect the same thing from our players! What is going to be your go-to goal celebration this coming season?

I don't score goals. I stop goals. My opponents will know when I do the big balls dance.

5. Along with getting drafted to the VHLM comes that big stack of cash, whats the first thing you buy with all your new contract money?

A tutor on how to spend my contract money.

6. If you had the chance to go out and party with any NHL player, who would it be? 

Gretzky and his daughter. 

17 hours ago, FakeJenton said:

17 hours ago, FakeJenton said:

1. This question has been asked when we recently went through some front office changes, but with all the new faces around here, I think it's important to ask it again. With @Matt_O as the GM and me as the AGM, is there anything you'd like to see from us moving forward that would make your experience on the team better?

Win Championships

I'm okay actually I'm new so like it makes sense

3. With the recent rumours of a VHLM expansion in the works, which city do you think is most worthy in joining the prestigious group of hosts for VHLM teams?

I don't know

4. Las Vegas is known for its flair and we expect the same thing from our players! What is going to be your go-to goal celebration this coming season?

1. Something like the Carolina Hurricanes

5. Along with getting drafted to the VHLM comes that big stack of cash, what's the first thing you buy with all your new contract money?

6. If you had the chance to go out and party with any NHL player, who would it be? 

PK Subban

Excited! A dream come true.

That's not up to me. I just have to come in every week and put the work in. Hopefully the coaches take notice of my dedication and consistency.

3. Any VHL teams you want to play for when you get drafted next season?

I'm just happy to be where I am now. I think it's a bit early to look ahead. I'm taking things week by week.

Well I just hope we have a better season than last. 

No idea.

A two way defenseman. All defense stats are the priority. Avoiding fighting but be physical enough to not get pushed around. Adding scoring touch a bit later.

1. This question has been asked when we recently went through some front office changes, but with all the new faces around here I think its important to ask it again. With @Matt_O as the GM and me as the AGM, is there anything you'd like to see from us moving forward that would make your experience on the team better?

Team oriented activities like this are a good idea.

2. What do you think about where you were drafted recently? Do you think you should have been higher? Maybe lower?

I feel blessed to have been taken at all.

3. With the recent rumors of a VHLM expansion in the works, which city do you think is most worthy in joining theprestigious group of hosts for VHLM teams?

Oakland? Dublin? Anywhere that helps build up the game. 

A subtle tip 'o the cap followed by raising my arms calling for the crowd to get louder. Both home and away.

5. Along with getting drafted to the VHLM comes that big stack of cash, whats the first thing you buy with all your newcontract money?

The first thing, honestly is boring, I invested and set up a just in case mutual fund.

Burns from the Sharks seems like he would be pretty wild. 

• Quik unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

1. What do you think about your player so far? Do you like his performance so far?

2. We just got off of a rough losing streak. What do you want to see to try to right the ship?

3. You just won 100 thousand dollars. You have one night to spend it all. What would you do?

4. What is your favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor?

5. What is something you want the VHL to do that would improve the experience?

6. I can play the piano. Give me song requests and I'll try to learn it.

7. You have a date and she is smoking hot, but has the IQ of a pidgeon. What do you do with her?

8. What is a weird sport that you enjoy watching that you think deserves more attention?

9. What is your secret talent?

10. Have you ever had iHop burgers, and if so, did you like it? 

Answer 3 of these for 1 tpe, and answer 6 for 2 tpe.

@Juddy @cartoes @Lapierre @frescoelmo @MMFLEX @ontanis @If_Tuna_Could_Fly @Jaga @GlowyGoat @Beerfridge

1. What do you think about your player so far? Do you like his performance so far? yes, despite playing for an underachieving team, Drumm has surprisingly put up a good amount of points and has blocked a lot of shots.  Still a little upset about the amount of PIM's he has to date.

2. We just got off of a rough losing streak. What do you want to see to try to right the ship? I believe a slight adjustment to our lineup tendencies (as previously discussed) would help a lot.  We leave ourselves exposed on the defensive end a lot.

3. You just won 100 thousand dollars. You have one night to spend it all. What would you do? With 100,000 USD, I would put it into my condo and re-finance for like... 800 bucks a month lol

4. What is your favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor? Probably something with peanut butter in it.. can't remember the last time I went to one.

5. What is something you want the VHL to do that would improve the experience? Get rid of discord (or at least temper it) to enhance the message board activity once again

6. I can play the piano. Give me song requests and I'll try to learn it. anything by Ben Folds Five (first thing that came to my mind)

7. You have a date and she is smoking hot, but has the IQ of a pidgeon. What do you do with her? If she's that dumb, I'll figure it out in the morning ;)

8. What is a weird sport that you enjoy watching that you think deserves more attention? It's not weird, but I'm borderline obsessed with college sport recruiting

9. What is your secret talent? I'm left-handed but have no feeling in 3 of the fingers, so I taught myself how to write right-handedd

10. Have you ever had iHop burgers, and if so, did you like it?  Only once, hopefully that answers your question

12 hours ago, Matt_O said:

1. What do you think about your player so far? Do you like his performance so far?

Havent played a game yet, just signed and looking forward to getting into the line up for today’s sim.

2. We just got off of a rough losing streak. What do you want to see to try to right the ship?

You added me, losing is no longer a viable option. :) 

3. You just won 100 thousand dollars. You have one night to spend it all. What would you do?

I pay of all debt and future bills for as far out as possible, I book a bitching vacation, and I buy a legit computer and a bunch of Xbox games and accessories. Cap the night off with an expensive trip to a liquor store and a nice diner.

12 hours ago, Matt_O said:

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had any flavor.

5. What is something you want the VHL to do that would improve the experience?

Hard to say since I just got here, I like the player update page a lot. Very easy to use.

6. I can play the piano. Give me song requests and I'll try to learn it.

Im still standing by Elton John

7. You have a date and she is smoking hot, but has the IQ of a pidgeon. What do you do with her?

We goto a really dumb movie so I don’t have to hear her talk much, maybe get lucky on theatre.

8. What is a weird sport that you enjoy watching that you think deserves more attention?

Poker

I am a pretty good cook.

Yes, they are not very good, but I have had a lot worse.

Rubbish, his +/- makes me sad. 

Less goal allowed by the team 

Phish food

Handball

Playing the ukulele

Never tried them.

1. Who do you think is going to win the Founders Cup this year?

2. What is your favorite type of steak?

3. Will you be going to Area 51? If you aren't, which members on the VHL do you think would actually go?

4. Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

5. Do you think Vegas needs to be re-branded, and what kind of logo would you like over our current one?

6. If you had to compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be?

@Juddy @cartoes @Lapierre @frescoelmo @MMFLEX @ontanis @If_Tuna_Could_Fly @Jaga @GlowyGoat @Beerfridge @Javier Ricardo

Answer 3 questions for 1 tpe, and answer all 6 for 2 tpe