Rylan Peace Media Availability (Press Conference)

Peace

A bunch of questions, puck and choose what you like.

1.) How has beeing involved as a GM helped shape the creation of Rylan Peace?

2.) If you could force another player in the VHLM  to come play with you in Saskatoon who would want?

3.) What award is Rylan Peace most likely to get at the end if the season?

4.)Rank the top 5 Players on your Team.

5.) Is Rylan a leader or a follower?

6.) coco, coffee, or tea?

7.) Any odd pregame Rituals?

8.) Worse active player in the VHLM and why?

9.) What is your Brand Team and what made you join them?

Your Favourite Goalie

Brick Wahl ;)

1. How are you finding your tenure as a GM so far?

2. Do you play hockey in real life or any other form if it ie. Ball hockey, roller hockey?

3. What is it that you least like about this game?

4. What do you hope to accomplish with your player in his career?

5. Gretzky or Lemieux and why?

On 11/12/2018 at 6:02 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1.) How has beeing involved as a GM helped shape the creation of Rylan Peace?

2.) If you could force another player in the VHLM  to come play with you in Saskatoon who would want?

3.) What award is Rylan Peace most likely to get at the end if the season?

4.)Rank the top 5 Players on your Team.

5.) Is Rylan a leader or a follower?

6.) coco, coffee, or tea?

1. Becoming the AGM of Saskatoon hasn't really shaped the development of my own character. I had a build in mind when I creating him and I'm attempting to stick close to that build as much as I can. 

2. Kronos Bailey. Initially, I figured Bailey and I would be the top line for Halifax after the dispersal draft but we were both drafted away from Halifax. I'd love to get Bailey on our roster to help our offensive depth out. He's also our teammate for team Canada! :D

3. I doubt he gets any, truthfully, but I'm going to push for any individual award. 

4. Looking beyond TPE and TPA, there's so many different routes I used to make this decision. 

(1) Rylan Peace
(2) Chance Trepanier
(3) Anthony Dabarno
(4) Piotr Jerwa
(5) Brick Wahl

Trep and I have contributed our offensive tools to help the success of the team, but at first we struggled. When Dabarno joined, our line immediately connected and we've been producing ever since. Jerwa has been a stud on the blue line, and Wahl has won us games. 

5. Certainly a leader, but an a-typical one. Lead by example, on the front lines so to speak. 

6. Coffee, without a doubt. 

1) Since you're over the 200 TPE threshold, how much are you looking forward to playing in the VHL for Season 64?

2) What are your thoughts on Saskatoon's season thus far? Better or worse than you expected?

3) With time now to look back on them, what are your thoughts on the two trades that the Wild made this season?

4) Any player in award contention in the VHLM that you are surprised to see producing so well?

5) Can you think of any reason why your VHLM rivals and league leaders, the Yukon Rush, have had the least amount of shots in the VHLM this season? 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:23 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. How are you finding your tenure as a GM so far?

2. Do you play hockey in real life or any other form if it ie. Ball hockey, roller hockey?

3. What is it that you least like about this game?

1. I'm rather enjoying my tenure as an AGM. Learning the process as I go, such as value of certain players based on potential rather than TPA totals, or a hard value for TPA rather than any future being considered. Some GMs (>_>) over-value, some GMs get things at insanely low prices. It's been a unique experience and I'm surprisingly enjoying it. I might apply for a GM position if a new VHLM expansion team comes up on the market. 

2. I used to play back in high school, usually at right wing or - uncommon for a forward - right defense thanks to a good break out pass and decent 'vision', which is just the ability to predict where people will be really. Beyond that I played in intramural leagues for my college despite not being a student there, dressed up for the odd non-contact, no slap shot shinny games since I got fat IRL and won't fit gear anymore. lol

3. While I understand it's probably a very difficult and demanding job, I wish (as the AGM of the Wild) the Index was updated more often. I think it should be a job for someone on here to do the Index updating rather than keeping it to a single person, which is what it seems to be right now. I have patience, but it's a deterrent when a new player creates a guy, signs with a team, and doesn't get added to the Index (thus any lines) for a week.  

20 hours ago, Tagger said:

1) Since you're over the 200 TPE threshold, how much are you looking forward to playing in the VHL for Season 64?

2) What are your thoughts on Saskatoon's season thus far? Better or worse than you expected?

3) With time now to look back on them, what are your thoughts on the two trades that the Wild made this season?

1. I'm looking forward to playing in the VHL next season, although I'll be honest I wish I could stay in the VHLM with the Wild. I understand that everyone progresses after 200 TPE, so I'll do my best to be above 350 or so for the Riga Reign. Hopefully I become a core element to their success in the future. 

2. After a rather rough ten games to start the season, I'm very surprised at the Wilds resurgence in the standings. I'm honestly overjoyed we're leading the VHLM in shots and least amount of shots against, and I'm very confident we'll be the crowned champions once the playoffs end. 

3. Wahl and Dabarno are key pieces to the Wilds success, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Dabarno was a made to improve the roster after that 1-4-0 start, and Wahl was a deal we made for the playoffs. Both of them have proven to be amazing acquisitions and I'm glad they're playing for Saskatoon. 

Are you worried about a potential logjam of forwards in Riga after you, Dabarno and Kisshan are up?

Are you planning to GM a team in future?

Did Goon step down from Sask GM? Like he still has GM perms.

But if not, this team has 3 GM's now? what is this?

What did turn you away from VHL when you created this account?

On 11/12/2018 at 6:02 PM, BladeMaiden said:

7.) Any odd pregame Rituals?

8.) Worse active player in the VHLM and why?

9.) What is your Brand Team and what made you join them?

1) Not really. I don't think I do anything abnormal, but it's been a long time (since high school) I've played any type of hockey, sadly. 

2) Trepanier, he keeps stealing all my goals. I'm kidding. 

3) VIKING, because free beard oil. 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:23 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

4. What do you hope to accomplish with your player in his career?

5. Gretzky or Lemieux and why?

4) In general, I'd like to be a point-per-game player in the VHL, that's about it. 

5) Lemieux. Gretzky is the face of hockey still, no doubt in my mind, but Lemieux was - by far - a more effective goal scorer, at least in my opinion, but that's the great debate right? 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, Tagger said:

Any player in award contention in the VHLM that you are surprised to see producing so well?

Can you think of any reason why your VHLM rivals and league leaders, the Yukon Rush, have had the least amount of shots in the VHLM this season? 

6) Not really, honestly, but as an AGM doing Saskatoon's lines for the majority of the season I understand why certain players are where. STHS things.

7) I'm surprised, but I have no explanation, so I'd wager it's a strong 'jack of all trades' roster. Great at nothing in particular, except goaltending, but not terrible at anything either. 

On 11/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, hedgehog337 said:

Are you worried about a potential logjam of forwards in Riga after you, Dabarno and Kisshan are up?

Are you planning to GM a team in future?

Did Goon step down from Sask GM? Like he still has GM perms.

But if not, this team has 3 GM's now? what is this?

What did turn you away from VHL when you created this account?

8. Not really. Dabarno is a center, so his natural position doesn't really interfere with my position and I should be more developed than Kisshan by the time I'm playing for Riga. While I don't know my position on your depth chart, I'll be playing for Riga next season regardless and I'm excited to see what I can do for my rookie season. 

9) If there is ever an expansion in the VHLM, I plan on putting my name into the draw. I think I've gained some valuable experience as the Wild's AGM this season, in which I've had day-to-day control over the team for the majority of the season while Dtayl's PC is down (and lately he's been focusing on school work as well). 

10) Dtayl is the GM, I'm the AGM, so I think Goon is filling in an advisory roll; I could be wrong, it could also be the staff forgot to remove him from the role. 

11) Saskatoon doesn't have three GMs, so I have no idea what is going on. 

12) I honestly don't even remember now that I've been back for a couple of months. Maybe just the complexity of how it was back then with nearly (or no) automation. 

[Claiming for the weeks ending on December 2nd and December 9th. Stocking up claimable TPE since I'll be away for a little bit during the holidays.] 

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Peace

On 12/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, Banackock said:

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Peace

Both die. Eagle of Freedom hurts Trud-no, but thanks to free healthcare he was able to summon an army of Beavers and chainsaw wielding lumberjacks to take Trump out. Trud-no was treated in Calgary and intentionally “forgotten about” just like he forgets Ablerta in the majority of his press conferences regarding Canadian provinces. 

Any meat. Preferably steak, or maybe even a marinated chicken breast.

Hockey, because I’m Canadian; Calgary Flames because Jarome Iginla was underrated for how good he really was on a shitty team for the vast majority of his career. What could have been if the Flames had Monahan when Iginla was 26. 

Margot, Blake and Beyoncé because that’s what I choose. 

A new new sim engine for VHL. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. What are your predictions for your players rookie season in the VHL?

2. How many hours sleep is perfect for the growing hockey player?

3. Take a step back from being a flames fan. What would your first decision be, to help right the Oilers ship.

4. What's a better representation of Canadian people and hockey players? Trailer Park Boys or Letterkenny?

5. Who will win ROY in the VHL this season?

On 12/31/2018 at 7:22 AM, oilmandan said:

1. What are your predictions for your players rookie season in the VHL?

2. How many hours sleep is perfect for the growing hockey player?

3. Take a step back from being a flames fan. What would your first decision be, to help right the Oilers ship.

1. I’m predicting around .5 - .6 points per game. He’s got three points in seven points, so he might finish lower than I’d like.

2. Eleven. 

3. McDavid is great, don’t get me wrong, but one player can’t make a team better by himself without the rest of the team wanting to improve as well. First step would be to try and trade Lucic’s ugly contract, after that I’d move more pieces and build on D and create a competitive goaltending battle. 

• Admin

1. If forced to choose, would you rather win the Stolzschweiger Trophy or the Continental Cup in your rookie season?

2. How are you finding life in the big leagues in Riga?

3. What are your career aspirations?

4. Did you have any preferred destinations back on draft day in S63?

5. Name one thing the VHL should improve as top priority.

• 2 weeks later...