Claimed:Dynamo Champions!

Molholt

Comp-2_zps42553287.gif

Welp, let me have it lol.

Edit: 

http://s3.postimg.org/3sxo5p2gh/Comp_2.gif

http://postimg.org/image/6zs7pbmwf/

Not entirely sure why it wouldn't show up for some, but there are two direct links to where it's hosted for now, while I try to figure out why it's not showing up.

Edit2: Re-uploaded elsewhere and relinked in post, perhaps it shows up now?

Edited by Molholt

Nothin here sunshine

What exactly do you mean by that?

I for one think this is very well done, it took time to do and it's not just names he has stats and such in it. Its something new that hasn't been done before

I added two external links, Bash said it isn't showing up for him, and I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't and resolve it :/

Re-uploaded to a second service to see if it changes.

Edited by Molholt

Your AE exports to gif? what version are you using?

I'm still on 5.5. I export uncompressed to .mov, compress if needed in Media Encoder (for two pass), and just make the .gif in Photoshop. Photoshop saves as a .gif from a .mov without dealing with their horrible animation controls.

I'm still on 5.5. I export uncompressed to .mov, compress if needed in Media Encoder (for two pass), and just make the .gif in Photoshop. Photoshop saves as a .gif from a .mov without dealing with their horrible animation controls.

huh. I save mine as gifs from photoshop too, but they go extremely slowly. is there anything specific you're doing to get a higher framerate?

huh. I save mine as gifs from photoshop too, but they go extremely slowly. is there anything specific you're doing to get a higher framerate?

Depends on what the content is. I specifically avoided a background because it adds a consistent thing to have to render. This particular one is still about 1MB when finished, however I didn't compress the .mov. Also, I limited my colors to 128 to save on file size, and because I used a limited palette for this image. Taking measures to limit the file size helps. I stuck with kinetic type and no BG specifically for file size. 

Are you using the save for web option in Photoshop or just saving it as a .gif? 

If your file size is rather large from the start, I would render your file as an uncompressed .mov in AE, then if you have an encoder that will do multi-pass compression (AE only does single pass), bring it into that program and compress it (I use Adobe Media Encoder). That should maintain the best quality, while making the original .mov much smaller. Then bring your compressed file (.mp4) into Photoshop and see what your file size is.

Obviously the smaller the better, seems like around 1MB works alright as far as the forums are concerned. 

For reference, my .mov was 2.83MB, and my .gif is 1.27MB, so photoshop isn't offering a ton of compression. An external encoder is likely needed for a larger file. 

Effort: 2/2 - I have never made anything like this and have no idea how to but I can see that the multiple layers must have taken some time and look excellent. 

Look: 3/3 - I really have no complaints here, like I said above, the layers look great and the frame rate is perfect. Really neat concept, nice work.

Creativity: 1/1 - Sure

Total: 6/6