S36 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

Vote for the Most Outstanding Player of S36  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I'm not completely shocked I do think it would of been more of a battle for this between Remy and STZ. Finishing so far below 2.00 in GAA and .930 in save percentage are huge goalie numbers that don't happen that often. Still STZ is deserving for sure. 

• Admin

While I'm not completely shocked I do think it would of been more of a battle for this between Remy and STZ. Finishing so far below 2.00 in GAA and .930 in save percentage are huge goalie numbers that don't happen that often. Still STZ is deserving for sure.

you weren't too far off LeBeau so I guess people can't see LeBeau as most outstanding when Rift stands quite close to him.

Glad STZ is winning, makes me feel good voting for him. Gotta love those homer votes on the top and bottom though haha

I didn't even vote for myself

Yeah votes for stragglers for sure Kendrick. I get that, but if we selected members we could rely on to be unbiased and not make votes for the sake of it. Like some people have a non serious approach of just voting the guy they want because they know he won't win so they don't care. But that type of integrity can kill the voting process if by some miracle the voting goes down badly so you are right Kendrick.

I know people will harp on me with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" argument, but nothing in this league is broke because we choose to live with several inconsistencies or mistakes. Anytime anything goes wrong specifically in the voting case we take it as an anomaly. The question for me remains, would it work better with a different system? If we had ways to test a system out then we could gauge results and make a decision based on that. 

So you're saying there should only be 2 players on the ballot then?

I admit maybe 11 is overkill, that a few candidates could have been reasonably cut. Depending on the season, ~6 would probably be fine, this isn't the all-star game. I feel like it was more around that number back in the day.  But for the most part, if we put them on the ballot, then they damn well have a reason someone could vote for them.

Yeah I agree and think 6 would be a enough because when it comes down to it and with respect to some of these guys, Kellinger, Valiq and Bagleface shouldn't be on there. Not that they didn't have great years but they didn't even have the best years on their teams. In the case of Bagleface, when was the last time a player didn't make the playoffs and was a winner? or even on the ballot?

• Admin

Im lazy so I take the initial MVP ballot and add a few top scoring guys. It's tough to leave people out because cutting down on a few makes me want to remove others with similar quality and chance to win.

Still, thus a public award so an awards committee wouldn't help it anyway. GMs don't do this.