Picking a WJC team to cheer for

Victor

• Admin

You know you're old when you look at the stats leaders of the WJC and struggle to recognise any names. Given it's already the medal stage of the tournament it's probably to late to start getting to know them now, so I'll just wait for them to become household names in the VHL. At least the fact the two best players are Riga Reign property is certainly quite pleasing.

So instead I'll decide which team I think I might like the most based on where they're from.

Canada – The home of hockey. The birthplace of hockey and the centre of the hockey world. Always favourites and often winners. Couldn't be me. I love an underdog.

USA – In theory, the underdog to the dominant hockey nation that is Canada. But how can anyone cheer for the US and claim they're supporting the underdog? Absolutely not.

Europe – This is close to home. Love Europe. So many places to visit, so many different cultures in such a small space. Not that good at hockey but as a single unit, including Scandinavia, can still be a force. But no. Brexit means Brexit.

Asia – Quite a vast continent. I've never been so can't comment. Unless you count Turkey (editor's note: You don't count Turkey). Not particularly known for hockey, although they have claimed Russia which is very much known for hockey. Still, to much of an unknown.

World – What presumptuous bullshit is this? You represent the whole world, do ya? The United Nations of Hockey. This makes me angry. I'm angry now, well done WJC.

7 minutes ago, Victor said:

World – What presumptuous bullshit is this? You represent the whole world, do ya? The United Nations of Hockey. This makes me angry. I'm angry now, well done WJC.

Also its the dark horse coming out of nowhere rewarding its fans with premium hockey content server by none other than Piotr Jerwa and friends, soooo if good hockey with nice storylines makes you angry then don't follow team world.

In all seriousness though all the teams this WJC are great to root for in my opinion.

• Admin
Just now, Sova said:

Also its the dark horse coming out of nowhere rewarding its fans with premium hockey content server by none other than Piotr Jerwa and friends, soooo if good hockey with nice storylines makes you angry then don't follow team world.

In all seriousness though all the teams this WJC are great to root for in my opinion.

I thought you guys were European? Is Team World the mercenaries of the WJC?