Gritty Press Conference

eaglesfan036

• Admin

1. Where's your nose?

2. What season should we expect to see you graduating from the VHLM?

3. Favourite VHLM team?

4. Best player in the league right now and why is it Podrick Cast?

5. If you had to pick any of the current VHL playoff teams to win the cup, who would you pick?

9 hours ago, Victor said:

1. Where's your nose?

2. What season should we expect to see you graduating from the VHLM?

3. Favourite VHLM team?

4. Best player in the league right now and why is it Podrick Cast?

5. If you had to pick any of the current VHL playoff teams to win the cup, who would you pick?

1) Nobody nose where it is. I think it helps Gritty look better and more creepy not having a nose. Plus he doesn't have to smell the shit the flyers have in their pants most games.

2) S65. Realistically, what's going to happen is I move up the the VHL at the expected time in my draft year. If my player isn't productive enough to make the VHL at that point, then I have probably lost the motivation to care about him and keep updating, thus resulting in another scrub player. So it looks like it would be S65 or bust.

3) I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I like the Ottawa Ice Dogs Lynx because they were my first ever VHLM team, and @diamond_ace is one of my favorite members here. On the other hand, I had some of my most fun on this site as GM of the Yukon Rush, winning back to back cups and coining the phrase, "Yukon 2 gud" that still lives on to this day. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, eaglesfan036 said:

1) Nobody nose where it is. I think it helps Gritty look better and more creepy not having a nose. Plus he doesn't have to smell the shit the flyers have in their pants most games.

2) S65. Realistically, what's going to happen is I move up the the VHL at the expected time in my draft year. If my player isn't productive enough to make the VHL at that point, then I have probably lost the motivation to care about him and keep updating, thus resulting in another scrub player. So it looks like it would be S65 or bust.

3) I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I like the Ottawa Ice Dogs Lynx because they were my first ever VHLM team, and @diamond_ace is one of my favorite members here. On the other hand, I had some of my most fun on this site as GM of the Yukon Rush, winning back to back cups and coining the phrase, "Yukon 2 gud" that still lives on to this day. 

You came back at the perfect time then. Ottawa won last season, looks like Yukon will most likely win this season, and Ottawa will be trying to make another run next season.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. Who is it? (If it's not it gritty i be sad)

2. Favourite Hockey Equipment Brands?

3. What VHL team did you/would you want to be on?

4. Favourite part of the VHL?

5. Any pre-game rituals?

2) First off it's spelled favorite your British/Canadian monster. Secondly, I had no idea what any hockey brands were until I went to the google. I prefer CCM and Easton I guess because they are both in NHL 19 and older games.

3) I was the GM of the Calgary Wranglers for many seasons during the S40s and 50s, so my heart lies there. Riga was also my first time so I like them. Outside of hating New York and never wanting to play for them, I don't have a ton of other preferences right now. I've always liked @Beaviss and have barely ever played for Quebec, so I think that would be fun

4) My favorite part of the VHL is the community. I've been here 7 years (very scary) and have had a lot of virtual interactions with some of these people. A lot of y'all are crazy, but crazy is fun and interesting. Also was cool to meet up with @Victor in London. 

1. Does the carpet match the drapes?

2. What kind of comments you get for your wicked facial hair?

3. What would happen if New York drafts you?

4. On the scale of 1 to 10,  what rating will you give to the legendary ´Shooting glove´ celly created by Teemu Selänne?

5. What kind of players would be the ideal linemates for you?

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Why doesn't Gritty answer his press conference questions? He's supposed to be media friendly!

2.) What type of player is Gritty going to be? Does he play a real sandpaper game?

3.) Would Dave Hakstol like Gritty on his team?

4.) Is Gritty your actual name or just a nickname?

5.) Seriously, what's with the eyes?

@eaglesfan036

On 11/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, jRuutu said:

4. On the scale of 1 to 10,  what rating will you give to the legendary ´Shooting glove´ celly created by Teemu Selänne?

3) I would play out my rookie contract and then move on to a new team in free agency if I haven't been traded by then. I hate New York and would never play for such a stupid and terrible organization.

4) 9, I love that celebration and it is quite unique. I feel like there's probably ones a little bit better that top it though.

5) Linemates who are really good and can help me post more Gritty gifs when my team wins, because I can't really post them when my team loses. And if Gritty gets to score a clutch game winning goal that is even better.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, Fire Hakstol said:

1.) Why doesn't Gritty answer his press conference questions? He's supposed to be media friendly!

2.) What type of player is Gritty going to be? Does he play a real sandpaper game?

@eaglesfan036

1) I think I've only missed one week of press conference questions, I've generally been pretty good at spreading the joy of Gritty. And now that finals are over it should be easier. 

2) Gritty is going to be a Corsi God. He will have plus skating, great defensive play, and be great with possession but just not have great scoring ability. 

3) Yes he would love Gritty as he will be a good two-way player, and he plays HEAVY.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, Fire Hakstol said:

@eaglesfan036

4) Gritty is my actual player name, though It's Gritty is also an acceptable option.

5) The ladies love the eyes. Many members of @Will's family have already asked Gritty out on a date

On 11/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, jRuutu said:

2) Scott Hartnell loves the facial hair, and hangs out with Gritty all the time so they can go twinning. It's also great for scaring kids off of lawns

1.) Who was or is your least favorite VHL member?

2.) Why haven't you had success (or even really tried seriously) any other sim league?

3.) Would having more young versions of @Kesler around the league be a good thing or a bad thing?

4.) What color scheme should be brought to the VHL?

5.) What is the best player name you've ever seen?

@eaglesfan036

On 12/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

2.) Why haven't you had success (or even really tried seriously) any other sim league?

3.) Would having more young versions of @Kesler around the league be a good thing or a bad thing?

@eaglesfan036

1)There's no one on here I truly hate, but if I have to pick someone then @Bushito is my least favorite member. This goes back to I believe around S40 when I was a VHLM GM wanting to become a VHL GM. I remember Bushito was a horrible VHLM GM who drafted an inactive 100 tpe scrub with his first round pick, and he for some reason got promoted to VHL GM because ???. He then proceeded to go inactive with Seattle, and the team went on a miracle run to win the cup. Then Seattle went on a crusade to not have Bushito fired when he returned, and then he stayed GM for a bit and went inactive again! Plus his political opinions are something else. 

2) The community here is half the reason I stay, and I don't feel like meeting a whole bunch of new people in another league at this point. Also, I have barely even hung on here, there's no way I will care to in other leagues. 

3) A great thing. I also think we are starting to get that, with lots of high schoolers having been recruited recently. They are the ones who are willing to put in a lot of time and care into the website, and they have the youthful hip energy that has faded from us old men #yolo. I don't really get bothered by childishness

Edited by eaglesfan036

1.) What are your thoughts on the rivalry between Ottawa and Las Vegas?

2.) What are your thoughts on the rivalry between Ottawa and Oslo?

3.) What causes the lack of rivalries in the VHL?

4.) How do we balance the ideas new/newer members bring versus not changing the VHL too much?

5.) Why haven't we removed the player contract money aspect of VHL Brands yet?

@eaglesfan036

1. The VHLM season just kicked off, how do you think your start was?

2. Who is the hardest player to play against in the VHLM?

3. Elias Dahlberg was your teammate last year, do you think he has what it takes to make it big in the VHL?

4. Who do you play with best on the Lynx?

5. Who do you least like in the VHLM?

On 12/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

@eaglesfan036

4) I dislike change, so whatever color scheme I have now is great and I do not want it to change

5) I kinda like Leph Twinger, that's a cute one. Or Gritty of course in honor of the greatest mascot of all time

4 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

4.) How do we balance the ideas new/newer members bring versus not changing the VHL too much?

@eaglesfan036

1) I think @Jubo07 is either an incompetent GM, has no character, or both. He tells news players who are debating what team to join that Ottawa is not a cup contender when we clearly are, having just recently beat Vegas in 2/3 games.  So he is either lying to try to help his team, or is truly that clueless. I look forward to easily defeating Vegas come playoff time. Vegas shouldn't even be a team as the concept is stupid and only happened because some idiot thought it would be a good idea to make @BluObieZ a VHLM GM

2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

4) I dislike change, so whatever color scheme I have now is great and I do not want it to change

5) I kinda like Leph Twinger, that's a cute one. Or Gritty of course in honor of the greatest mascot of all time

1) I think @Jubo07 is either an incompetent GM, has no character, or both. He tells news players who are debating what team to join that Ottawa is not a cup contender when we clearly are, having just recently beat Vegas in 2/3 games.  So he is either lying to try to help his team, or is truly that clueless. I look forward to easily defeating Vegas come playoff time. Vegas shouldn't even be a team as the concept is stupid and only happened because some idiot thought it would be a good idea to make @BluObieZ a VHLM GM

LOL you mad

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 3:02 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

@eaglesfan036

2) What rivalry? Oslo is garbage and in order for there to be a rivalry both teams need to be on an even playing field.

3) They may be coming back a little bit. We lacked younger people / high schoolers for a while, and they are the ones most likely to get butthurt on the internet. 

4) I think we are doing a good job now. Lots of new members are giving suggestions with feedback currently. And it seems newer members have been stepping up in leadership roles. 

1. Why Gritty?

2. Not but seriously, why FUCKING Gritty?

3. Is Gritty the scariest thing of all time? Would he be able to star in a horror movie ala Freddie Krueger? 

4. Gritty seems to be one of the best VHLM players for Ottawa this season, is the rumors if him and Rift having a secret bromance true? I heard they love to talk on the VHL's newest feature, chat. 

5. Would Gritty ever consider replacing that Flyers Jersey for a Toronto Legion one? I hear the Legion aren't gritty enough just yet. 

On 1/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, Devise said:

1. Why Gritty?

3. Is Gritty the scariest thing of all time? Would he be able to star in a horror movie ala Freddie Krueger? 

4. Gritty seems to be one of the best VHLM players for Ottawa this season, is the rumors if him and Rift having a secret bromance true? I heard they love to talk on the VHL's newest feature, chat. 

5. Would Gritty ever consider replacing that Flyers Jersey for a Toronto Legion one? I hear the Legion aren't gritty enough just yet. 

1) Because Gritty is the best mascot in the world. And Gritty's twitter is hilarious and I just love the entire idea of it. And because with the Flyers being so bad right now Gritty is the only thing going for them. Also, lame of you asking me the same question twice.

3) I don't watch movies and have no idea who Freddie Krueger is. And no I personally don't think Gritty is scary, I just think he is funny with a dark sense of humor. To really discover the truth of this though we need to survey a bunch of little kids to find out.

4) Sorry to break your heart bud, but I chat up a lot of people on chat. Gritty and Rift do have a secret bromance though, and perhaps they might wind up on the same VHL team!?!?

On 1/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, Devise said:

1. Why Gritty?

5) I am pretty neutral on Toronto, as I don't love or hate them. Same with you, I'd be fine with you as a GM but not in love with it. So sure I'd consider it if the situation was right

On 1/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, Advantage said:

1) You actually back around fully active?

2) One Flyers player that you really want gone?

3) One former Flyer that you really want back?

4) Excited for Carter Hart? Was a big fan of his for quite some time.

5) Favourite player you've ever had?

1) I sure hope so, but it's a maybe. I just graduated from college in December, and am currently looking for a job so I have tons of down time right now, hence super active on VHL. Even when my life picks up though, I hope to still be super active on here, and if not I will have given myself a decent enough base that I can still make a solid player just from doing welfare and the easy stuff every week.

2) If you would have asked me this before Hakstol got fired, I would have said Andrew MacDonald for sure, because the guy is clearly a 6/7 defensemen, but Hakstol always overplayed him as one of his top guys because of "heavy veteran presence leadership intangibles" One of the most important parts of being a defensemen nowadays is giving crisp outlet passes or carrying it out of your zone, and MacDonald just treats the puck like a grenade. The new coach has been much more reasonable with MacDonald's usage though, so I will go with Simmonds who I want gone. While he is a great guy, he is a shell of his former self, as he is now super slow and just screws up a ton of scoring chances that he used to put away. With him on his last year of his contract hopefully the Flyers can trade him for something decent.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, Advantage said:

1) You actually back around fully active?

2) One Flyers player that you really want gone?

3) One former Flyer that you really want back?

4) Excited for Carter Hart? Was a big fan of his for quite some time.

5) Favourite player you've ever had?

3) If this was before Carter Hart emerged, I would say Bobrovsky, and it still very well could be him. If not, I would take Brayden Schenn back, the powerplay badly misses him and the Flyers really don't have many pure scorers.

4) I am a huge fan of Carter Hart. The way he plays, it never looks like he is making flashy saves because he is always positionally sound. The Flyers never have good goaltending, and we've seen over the years that a hot goalie can take a team far into the playoffs.

5) Tim TebowGow - Was among my most successful tpe wise, put up solid stats in the regular season, and really seemed to turn it on in the playoffs. It was fun winning the cup in Calgary and Toronto with him.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

3) If this was before Carter Hart emerged, I would say Bobrovsky, and it still very well could be him. If not, I would take Brayden Schenn back, the powerplay badly misses him and the Flyers really don't have many pure scorers.

:shaqoohhh:

You should check how Schenn is doing this year and the second half of last year...