Gritty Press Conference

eaglesfan036

• 2 weeks later...

1. do you belive I could pick Gritty with my 5th pick?

2. aren't you afraid you only could become a 7th forward if I'm picking you?

3. Philly and Riga main colors is orange. coincidence?

4. your second fav mascot?

5. your least fav mascot?

6. can Philly put another valliant effort to make the playoffs?

7. how many professional sport teams Philadelphia has?

8. Are you a fan of all of them?

9. will you ever like New York?

10. Quebec City Meute or Vancouver Wolves?

On 2/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. do you belive I could pick Gritty with my 5th pick?

2. aren't you afraid you only could become a 7th forward if I'm picking you?

3. Philly and Riga main colors is orange. coincidence?

4. your second fav mascot?

5. your least fav mascot?

6. can Philly put another valliant effort to make the playoffs?

1) Gritty looks like he will be a mid first round pick, so the 5 spot is a logical destination for him. Maybe he goes earlier, or maybe he goes at 6, but there's no way he drops to the 2nd round.

2) Rookies generally have pretty horrible stats anyway, so if I was the 7th forward for only 1 season on a cup contending team I can live with that. I wouldn't want to continue being the 7th forward past my rookie year though.

3) Just a coincidence, Riga's colors have nothing to do with why I like them.

4) The Phillie Phanatic is another awesome mascot beloved by everyone, and before Gritty he was the best ever. Philly really does have the best mascots.

5) The Dallas Cowboys' mascot looks like a serial killer

6) Right now the Flyers odds to make the playoffs are at 10% so unfortunately I don't see it. They have been winning a ton lately, it's amazing what happens when you play your skilled players rather than old and slow veterans. 

1. What are your plans for the offseason? 

2. What do you think has been your best experience of the last VHL year?

3. What do you think about the addition of a Russian team to the VHL?

4. What do you think will be the biggest difference between the majors and the minors?

5. What has been your least favorite part of the VHL?

6. How did Ottawa treat you?

7. What do you think makes you stand out from other players?

8. How hard do you plan to train going into the future?

9. What are your goals for your career?

10. Where do you see yourself in 2 seasons?

1) What makes Gritty so great?

2) Who was your favorite VHL player?

3) Why do you hate New York?

4) What would you do if New York drafted you?

5) What is your least favorite and favorite parts of the VHL?

On 2/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, hedgehog337 said:

7) That depends what you consider to be a professional sports team. They have 4 real professional teams in the Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, and Sixers. Then they have an MLS Soccer Team in the Union, and some lacrosse team I don't even know.

8. I am a fan of all four of the real professional teams yes. Although, let's say I have 100 points to allocate to my fandom, it would go like this. Eagles - 55 Points, Flyers - 35 Points, Sixers - 5 Points, Phillies - 5 Points

9) I hate New York terrible city terrible people terrible team

10) I am really mad at @Beaviss for moving Quebec from the East Coast to West coast because East coast is way bettererererer

17 hours ago, StamkosFan said:

1) Earn lots of tpe, acclimate myself to where I get drafted and see what the team's long term plan is. Write another regression article

1.) It's known that you don't like this year's secret VHL draft. Putting you on the other side - what would you say is a positive to the secret draft and later presentation?

2.) You're currently 4th in TPE for our draft class. Once everyone is retired in 8 seasons, where do you see Gritty on this list?

3.) Do you believe Gritty has any chance of making the hall of fame?

4.) Do you envision yourself being an 8 season on one team player? Would you be a stickler like @Jamie and refuse any trade?

5.) You've mentioned to me before that you'd like to be a VHL GM again. What's something you've learned during your previous stints as GM of the Wranglers that you could take forward in your next, where ever it may be?

6.) Would you ever agree to GM the New York Americans? And the city of NY is actually kind of cool...sports history not withstanding. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, StamkosFan said:

2. What do you think has been your best experience of the last VHL year?

3. What do you think about the addition of a Russian team to the VHL?

4. What do you think will be the biggest difference between the majors and the minors?

5. What has been your least favorite part of the VHL?

6. How did Ottawa treat you?

7. What do you think makes you stand out from other players?

2) It's always a pleasure to play with @diamond_ace and @flyersfan1453. It's hard to make things happen in the bigs, but in the vhlm you control your own destiny somewhat more.

3) I love it, I think the logo looks sick and we picked the best person to be the GM for MOscow in the GOAT @Victor

4) In the VHLM if you are near the cap your player will be a top guy in the league, but the VHL has a lot of other factors at play

5) Brands are stupid and irrelevant in my opinion. But to each their own I guess

6) Ottawa was great I pretty much have always picked them because of Diamond Ace

7) I am going to be putting a lot of tpe into puck handling because my math articles told me to.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, StamkosFan said:

8. Earn about the cap every week. It's not too hard to at least do a vhl.com article, press conferences, practicie facility, and media spot or welfare

9. Make an actual good player and win some cups

10. Having 2 cups to my name, a rookie of the year award, and being the brightest star the VHL has ever seen

On 2/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Matt_O said:

1) What makes Gritty so great?

2) Who was your favorite VHL player?

3) Why do you hate New York?

1) Initially when everyone saw Gritty they were like WTF is that thing, but the Flyers have marketed Gritty so well and turned it into something truly awesome.

2) Tim TebowGow was because people hated the name yet all he did was win cups and be a fun two way forward

3) This goes back to when advantage was GM, and him, Jericho, and Devise and their need to always be on the same team or they will throw a fit. Then free agents and stuff always go to New York because "ZOMG DA Storied History." Plus as a Philadelphian I hate New York on principle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Matt_O said:

4) What would you do if New York drafted you?

5) What is your least favorite and favorite parts of the VHL?

4) Go to the best Philly cheesesteak place in the world, John's Roast Pork. Then eat something chocolate peanut butter like Reeses because that's the best. Then go to the portal to retire my player. Then jump off a bridge.

5) My favorite part is the community, it is an awesome and interesting group of people because only weirdos go on a simulation hockey league. My least favorite part is the New York Americans.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) It's known that you don't like this year's secret VHL draft. Putting you on the other side - what would you say is a positive to the secret draft and later presentation?

2.) You're currently 4th in TPE for our draft class. Once everyone is retired in 8 seasons, where do you see Gritty on this list?

4.) Do you envision yourself being an 8 season on one team player? Would you be a stickler like @Jamie and refuse any trade?

5.) You've mentioned to me before that you'd like to be a VHL GM again. What's something you've learned during your previous stints as GM of the Wranglers that you could take forward in your next, where ever it may be?

6.) Would you ever agree to GM the New York Americans? And the city of NY is actually kind of cool...sports history not withstanding. 

1) With GMs on all different time zones and schedules, it does make it easier for everyone rather than organizing a specific time.

2) Probably somewhere around 4-5. I am not catching Eudal, you, or Bushito. DT will retire.

3) That depends a lot on sim luck. I don't think I have the motivation to make Gritty into a top end player tpe wise. He will be a good, solid player but I'm not going to be capping out every week.

4) I like Quebec, but if the team ever looked like it was going downhill, or Beaviss left as GM or other factors then I would consider leaving the team in free agency. I will remain loyal to my team as long as they remain generally competitive and seem to have competent leadership. 

1.) What did Gritty do during his few hours of retirement?

2.) How disappointed are you that Gritty still only has 3 points?

3.) What were your expectations going into this season, and are they currently being met?

4.) Which Apex Legend most represents Gritty?

5.) Besides cheesesteaks, what is Gritty's favorite food?

6.) How many languages does Gritty speak?

@eaglesfan036

On 2/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

5) Predict ahead for what teams are rebuilding vs competing vs somewhere in the middle. I've been caught in cases where I'm trying to sell off great players but no one has cap room or is interested, or vice versa, and it really sucks. If you can plan ahead of that it is key.

6) No I hate New York and the city is not cool at all they have the meanest people in the country.

11 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

3.) What were your expectations going into this season, and are they currently being met?

@eaglesfan036

1) He played Apex Legends with Smitty and won 3/4 of the games they played

On 3/17/2019 at 1:59 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

@eaglesfan036

2) Last time I checked Gritty had like 11 points, but still overall dissapointed in his season. It's hard being the lowest tpe player on the team. 

3) Team wise I expect to be a cup contender, and 4 in the standings is not ideal but still gets us to the playoffs. Gritty wise, he has sucked

4) Gilbatar because he is terrible and useless

5) Rita's Wooder Ice and Philly soft pretzels

6) English, English, and English.

17 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

1) Does all that orange fur help you stay warm in Vancouver?

2) Do your eyes ever blink, are are they forever open, striking the fear of god into the other players on the ice?

3) Do you think your size gives you an advantage out on the ice? Do you think it would have helped you to be a better goalie, rather than a forward?

1) I don't think the color has anything to do with it but yes fur does help stay quite warm. 

• 3 weeks later...

1.) The season is almost over - rate Gritty's season from 1-10

2.) The season is almost over - rate Vancouver's season from 1-10

3.) Where does Gritty need to improve the most on the ice?

4.) Has Gritty been your most frustrating player so far?

5.) Do you believe you'll be on Vancouver past your ELC?

6.) Will Gritty make an appearance as Wrestlemania?

@eaglesfan036 @eaglesfan0366

9 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) The season is almost over - rate Gritty's season from 1-10

2.) The season is almost over - rate Vancouver's season from 1-10

3.) Where does Gritty need to improve the most on the ice?

4.) Has Gritty been your most frustrating player so far?

5.) Do you believe you'll be on Vancouver past your ELC?

6.) Will Gritty make an appearance as Wrestlemania?

@eaglesfan036 @eaglesfan0366

1) 2 - Gritty's point production has been terrible, and Quebec is fighting just to have a shot at the last playoff spot.

2) 1 - Quebec was supposed to be one of the top playoff contenders this season, but instead if fighting just to make a playoff spot, and odds don't look good at this point.

3) Scoring some freaking points would be nice. The only complement I can say of Gritty this season is he doesn't take many penalties.

4) RGIII was by far my most frustrating player because he had lots of tpe and did nothing his whole career stats wise. Gritty at least did decent well in the VHLM, so there is hope that this season is just an anomaly. 

5) If you asked me this before the season started I would have given a very confident yes. I do really like Beaviss as GM, but if the team continues to pull a Philadelphia Flyers and be mediocre I don't want to waste my time on a meh team. If Quebec turns things around I will be happy to stay. 

6) No fake wrestling is dumb

Edited by eaglesfan036

8 hours ago, Banackock said:

1. thoughts on your season this year?

2. Thoughts on the playoffs so far?

3. Ever GM or anything ever again?

4. Thoughts on VHLM expansion?

5. Thoughts on the newest VHL team?

@eaglesfan036

1) Gritty had a horrible year points wise and Quebec didn't make the playoffs, so pretty much a nightmare.

2) When my team isn't in the playoffs I don't feel the motivation to tune in much. I'll check in when finals come around to see what's up.

3) I would definitely consider being a VHL GM again, it's something I really enjoyed.

1. how's golfing?

2. do you see any contenders for becoming the best comeback player?

3. will the expansion team be located in Philly if you're becoming an expansion team GM?

4. is there any other city you could consider?

5. are you surprised by Toronto win?

6. do you hope Gritty could make the first line next season?

7. how's All-Star game?

8. did you expect more tight game in ASG?

9. do you hope to play with Werbenjagermanjensen in same team someday?

10. your reaction on NY making the playoffs this season?

@eaglesfan036 here you are

Edited by hedgehog337

21 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. how's golfing?

3. will the expansion team be located in Philly if you're becoming an expansion team GM?

7. how's All-Star game?

1) Not participating the playoffs make the VHL pretty boring for a few weeks, which is unfortunate. Looking forward to the offseason though. 

2) I don't pay enough attention to the league to know that. Probably someone on Moscow who helps turn the team around, or maybe Joe Nixon if he becomes the stud I hope he can be

3) There is already a Philly VHLM team, so I highly doubt I could convince the VHL to have two Philly teams. Even as a big Philly fan myself I think that would be lame.

4) I would be open to GMing any team besides New York. As for my ideal expansion team location, preferably somewhere in North America. Austin Texas would be kinda cool cause dats my name

5) Not really, I feel like Devise has had a string of good luck as of late.

6) There is hardly a difference between minutes in first and second lines, so it's not a big deal to me. I just want to see some actual production out of him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 2:22 AM, hedgehog337 said:

1. how's golfing?

7. how's All-Star game?

7) I wasn't really paying that much attention to the actual game as me and Beaviss and the other guy I forget were having a quality conversation, plus I was trying to adjust my microphone so I didn't hear everything twice.

8) You would think the best of the best would have a tight game, but the teams were not evenly distributed.

9) It would be fun and maybe one day we will make a free agency push together. It's a possibility but not a definite. 

10) I will retire for the 100th time

3 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) Have your expectations of Vancouver's season so far been subverted?

2.) Which character from Game of Thrones is the best representation of Gritty? 

1) The season is still very young, so I am not making any rash thoughts yet. 4th place so far seems reasonable.

2) Gritty had a horrible first season but is slowly progressing and gaining stats this season, and likely will continue to get better each year without being a super star. That removes any of the super main characters who were born into a wealthy family. Perhaps someone like Ser Davos or Gendy, as they are solid characters with some power who have gradually progressed throughout the show, but started with nothing

1. why do you want press conference questions so badly?

2. do you really need to sleep though

3. why have you decided to become positive

4. why isn't flyersfan the better brother

5. why are you an eagles fan

6. what do you think of copypastas

7. whats your favourite copypasta

8. whats the best sim league

9. whats the best vhlm team

10. why is gritty the best mascot

@Positivefan036

1. What the hell is the reason behind the username change? If it was all for that lame duck joke... :P

2. What actually drives you to be in the VHL? Is it good players, a good member experience, the role of chaos? 

3. Are you actually Munk in disguise?

4. Are you sure you didn't lie on question 3? If you didn't, then the real question 4 is...who flexes more about VHL you or Flyers?

5. Speaking of Flyers, do you ever wish you and him could both GM a team to the finals and get the real VHL version of the Cleganebowl?